Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PoP!-toberFest 2009

+34
Harry Wang
darth__frodo
MillionDollarGeek
Justin
goatt
Steel Rose
Denim
SexyToaster
Airwolf
Rath99
potatojoe
Esbat
Kearstin
TENIME_art
Tripper McGee
Debaser77
Chi-Town Spidey
Gojiratoho
superdoug
Joshua
shining knight
Ska
Thundermatts
Hannibal king
Astro13Zombie
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Sci-Fi
Lewis Black is Sabertooth
Lee
FroZen
Foxy
Administrator
Mnemosis
Silent K
38 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 36]

501PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:15 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

This is why I wanted to talk to you guys about this. You're all buying tickets and flying in for what was supposed to be Disney and a Halloween party. It would be rude of me to change plans to something that was not agreed upon in the first place before you guys bought your tix, because who knows, you might not have bought them in the first place if the concert was part of the deal.

But, in discussions with the band and Jose, I couldn't NOT try to make this happen. This will probably be SoulSwitch's biggest show to date, and for us, their video guys, not to be there, would be a shame.

502PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
The only workable schedule if we do this would be:
Thursday: Airport night, food, come back to the house, bullshit.
Friday: Hook up with Kristin, PoPtoberfest starts at 6 PM
Saturday (Halloween): Magic Kingdom, followed by Guavaween in Ybor with SOULSWITCH.
Sunday: Recover, some fly out (Tripper and...?)
Monday: The remaining out-of-towners fly out.

This. I want to see SoulSwitch.

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

503PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Silent K wrote:This is why I wanted to talk to you guys about this. You're all buying tickets and flying in for what was supposed to be Disney and a Halloween party. It would be rude of me to change plans to something that was not agreed upon in the first place before you guys bought your tix, because who knows, you might not have bought them in the first place if the concert was part of the deal.

But, in discussions with the band and Jose, I couldn't NOT try to make this happen. This will probably be SoulSwitch's biggest show to date, and for us, their video guys, not to be there, would be a shame.

I can't believe I used "in the first place" twice in the same sentence.

504PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:40 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I can't believe I used "in the first place" twice in the same sentence.

Laughing

Drives me crazy when I do it, too. Wink

505PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It seems we are at an impasse.

I learned that we can use an extra car, so I would be perfectly satisfied with Disneyworld on Friday, T-bone (and anyone else who wants to leave) can cut out early to go back to the house, anyone who wants to stay with me until close can hang out at the park and then we go back to the house for the party. Saturday night we go to the show. From where I'm sitting this looks like the best way to cram everything in so that everyone is able to get what they want out of the weekend, but if I missed anything let me know.

Last edited by Joshua on Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

506PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it's incredibly important for Jason and Jose to be at the concert. There has to be a way for this to work.

507PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:56 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, I have to shave for my costume as close to the party as possible, and that's takes an hour or so (and I have to shower immediately after shaving, which is another 10-20 minutes).

I don't like the idea of Disney & the party in the same day. And, not just because of my personal grooming, either. One or the other gets cut short in favor of the opposing, not to mention the exhaustion of attending both.

And again, I really am not a concert person. In the slightest.

unsure

508PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:52 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

How does it take an hour to shave? :huh

509PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know, it just does. The longer it's been since I've done it, the longer it takes. I have extremely sensitive skin, so I can only do it once a week, but my hair grows so fast, that the grayish "pre-stubble" starts to show within 12 hours.

And, when I say shaving, I don't just mean face. I mean scalp, too.

Also, I was hoping to keep my beard as long as I could, so I have to buzz that off first, before going for the cream & razor.

Either way, the whole point was still that I don't want to have to do both things (Park & Party) in the same day, shaving or otherwise.

510PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We need to compromise.

511PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:35 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm all for compromising, but I really don't see how.

Only two options have been presented. A compromise would indicate a third, in which everyone ends up happy.

It seems like I'm the only one who wants the first plan.

If that happens, everyone's going to think I'm some baby, and resent me the entire time. And, if everyone says "no they don't resent me", I'm still going to feel like they are, making me miserable the whole time.

If the second plan happens, I'm going to be miserable the whole time, and feel like I'm wasting time & money. And everyone's going to think I'm a whiny baby.

If my plane-ticket were refundable (99.999999999% sure it's not), everyone would still think I'm some selfish little brat who "if he can't play his way, he won't play at all."

It's lose-lose-lose for me.

Sad

512PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:I'm all for compromising, but I really don't see how.

Only two options have been presented. A compromise would indicate a third, in which everyone ends up happy.

It seems like I'm the only one who wants the first plan.

If that happens, everyone's going to think I'm some baby, and resent me the entire time. And, if everyone says "no they don't resent me", I'm still going to feel like they are, making me miserable the whole time.

If the second plan happens, I'm going to be miserable the whole time, and feel like I'm wasting time & money. And everyone's going to think I'm a whiny baby.

If my plane-ticket were refundable (99.999999999% sure it's not), everyone would still think I'm some selfish little brat who "if he can't play his way, he won't play at all."

It's lose-lose-lose for me.

Sad

So, you're saying you won't have fun regardless now? That's ridiculous.

513PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:50 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate going to concerts of bands I love. This is a band I've never heard of.

Cramming both Disney & the party into the same day will shorten both considerably. Also, without getting the pass, it makes going into one park more expensive than if paying for all of them. If no one else wanted to, I was still going to. How can I, if we have less time to spend there? And, if I stay with Josh until Disney closes, then we get to the party late, I still have to prepare, by the time I get out of the shower & into costume, I'll have missed even more of the whole reason I was going down in the first place in the first place, even if it goes until 6am the next day. And, again, I tire easily. How exhausted will I be before the party even starts with no time to rest in between?

If I "get my way", I'll feel like everyone hates me.

How would I have fun now regardless?

unsure

514PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No matter what we end up doing, you're going to have fun. If you go into something thinking you won't have a good time, odds are that's what will happen. It'll all work out. I wouldn't worry about it.

515PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:23 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I definitely don't want this situation to cause anyone to NOT have a good time.

However, I feel like we're nearing an accord...so I'm going to try...

Chris, as for your worries about spending the entire day at Disney and then back to the house for the party, thereby rendering yourself exhausted, you can have my bed Thursday night for a full nights sleep, and depending on how late we/you stay up Friday night/Saturday morning, you can have either my bed or Jose's bed and then sleep in as late as you want on Saturday (considering in this scenario, we wouldn't have plans until Sat evening).

As for your worries about missing some of the party because of staying til close at Disney on Friday, the party won't start until you guys get back. Sure, there will be people there and food and drinks being eaten, but obviously, the party won't go into full swing until you guys get there (in costume). We'll schedule the party to start at 9, so if you guys stay until park close, get back here and get into costume, it should only be 11ish. Also...it might not be preferable, but shaving prior to heading out to Disney will cut some of your down time.

As far as not being a fan of going to concerts...here's the deal. Even if those of you who aren't fans of going to concerts in the first place, hopefully you'll be able to meet the boys in SoulSwitch the night before, and see they're a bunch of really awesome people, which might make you WANT to see them, especially on such a grand scale opening for two national acts. Your support of SoulSwitch is also support of Jose and myself. On the other hand, Guavaween is also a giant Halloween party, so you could get a second night out of your costume, or even wear another! Worse case scenario, if you absolutely refuse to go to the concert, we will check in to the hotel prior, and you can chill there for the night, BUT, that would be super lame for all involved, because everyone wants everyone involved in everything. I wouldn't have any fun knowing that you're at the hotel by yourself on Halloween night.

Obviously, there are still kinks that need to be worked out, but whatever needs to be done to make everyone comfortable with this situation, I'll do it.

Oh yes...as for a car being available, this can also work if we do Disney on Saturday as well as Guavaween, albeit would be much more difficult to find eachother.

516PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:33 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Oh yes...as for a car being available, this can also work if we do Disney on Saturday as well as Guavaween, albeit would be much more difficult to find eachother.

We won't be able to hear "Hey! HEY!" across a crowd? tongue

517PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

TENIME_art wrote:
Silent K wrote:Oh yes...as for a car being available, this can also work if we do Disney on Saturday as well as Guavaween, albeit would be much more difficult to find eachother.

We won't be able to hear "Hey! HEY!" across a crowd? tongue

Laughing

Oh, and another benefit to Guavaween...is I don't know how many single ladies are actually coming to the Halloween party, so Guavaween might be a better chance on landing some FL strange. Wink

518PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:33 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

It's official! Disney and Halloween Party on Friday the 30th, and Guavaween on the 31st!

PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 PoPtober-FestwSoulSwitch

519PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:54 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night I dreamt we were at Disneyworld and Chris and I got into a mild argument because he wanted to play games at the arcade and I didn't. Later I purchased a see-through bathing suit and got lost in the park. It was bizarre.

520PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:02 am

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:It's official! Disney and Halloween Party on Friday the 30th, and Guavaween on the 31st!

PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 PoPtober-FestwSoulSwitch

Fuck! That's awesome.

521PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:21 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Last night I dreamt we were at Disneyworld and Chris and I got into a mild argument because he wanted to play games at the arcade and I didn't. Later I purchased a see-through bathing suit and got lost in the park. It was bizarre.

Shocked

Laughing

No worries. I'm not the biggest arcade-r. Wink

(I wanna see that bathing suit, though... Perv)

522PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:25 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The logic in the dream was that Jewish men wore clear bathing suits to show off the fact that they're uncut. Being the modest guy I am, I just put the clear bathing suit over an opaque bathing suit. It was bizarre, to say the least.

It wasn't a heated argument, I just didn't want to play video games at Disneyworld because I can play video games anywhere. However, there was a Disneyland pinball machine that caught my eye. The irony of having a Disneyland pinball machine at Disneyworld is not lost on me. There was also a really badass Muppet stage show. I even caught one of Lew Zealand's boomerang fish. I think it was a halibut.

523PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:32 am

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lmao

Have you seen the Muppets 3-D show? It's so great. Fozzie's flower actually squirts the crowd, and at one point, Sweetums comes out and wanders in front of the audience! I wanted to give him a hug and get my picture taken, but he doesn't stay out after the show.

unsure

524PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:36 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I visited MGM in 1996 it was the only attraction I did multiple times.

525PoP!-toberFest 2009 - Page 21 Empty Re: PoP!-toberFest 2009 Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:49 am

Dr. Jonathan Crane

Dr. Jonathan Crane
Zombie
Zombie

Since I will not be able to attend the gathering I had to come up with something new and deffinately exciting to do here

Sooo we decided we are going to drinking

http://www.drinklucid.com/#/Home

I gave a link to show amazingly awesome and fancy this is..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 36]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum