Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Smallville' Thread

+42
Bigtymin504
Astro13Zombie
Foreigner_Man
DickGrayson007
G_Zatara
boberthavok
colossus1979
Tom
kidspider2099
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Cliff
Spider_Fan14
Ulik
BlueMaxx
Wonder Woman
shark6495
rwe1138
elijahdprophet
prescribeddrone
Fresh03
Off_White_Lantern
shiky800
Goof
Sandman
superdoug
Nymn
Thundermatts
ChrisToPhenom
Combo Mo
Hannibal king
jaydee74
blue halo
Chi-Town Spidey
Toothgrinder
Airwolf
The_Donster
Batman25JM
Ben Akers
shining knight
Administrator
MillionDollarGeek
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 19]

176The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:22 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eh, i thought it was good but not great. i dunno, maybe it's the character changes or something but i didn't love it as much as i thought i would.

177The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 am

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Watched the show tonight and took part in the TR Liveblog. Tonight was the first episode of "Smallville" I've seen in about three years.

And it was fucking awesome.

It got kinda cheesy and WTF at times, but overall, awesome. Fate was badass to the Nth degree, and seeing John FINALLY reveal his Martian self? PHENOMENAL!!

But I have to call bullshit on their treatment of Sandman. Poor guy was in the first few minutes of the show, then killed off.

I will say this, though. There had BETTER be an episode built around Alan Scott and Jay Garrick. There was too much teasing with their equipment NOT to make this mandatory.

For that matter, there should be a JSA series or mini that explores the history of JSA and features Scott, Garrick, Kent Nelson, Wesley Dodds, Ma Hunkel, Starman, Wildcat and the rest. Television needs some good ol' tights-n-fights, since Clark refuses to man up and don the Superman suit.

I mean, what the fuck is this Neo bullcrap? When Clark goes super, he wears a black tee with the shield spray-painted in gray on it and throws a black trenchcoat over it?

At least we got to see the cape tonight. Because Doc Fate is fucking badass.

178The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 am

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved every cheesy minute of it. Hawkman was his usual dick self, made me hate him even more on tv.

Can they turn this into a spinoff? Look at what the Smallville team can do with a superhero tv show.

Now if only they can do something about Mr. Wayne.

179The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:37 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved every freaking minute of it!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

180The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:42 am

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

MillionDollarGeek wrote:I loved every cheesy minute of it. Hawkman was his usual dick self, made me hate him even more on tv.

Can they turn this into a spinoff? Look at what the Smallville team can do with a superhero tv show.

The only spinoff that would make sense would be a series about the original JSA.

As for Mr Wayne, he's not gonna be showing up at all. The creators are adamant about that. References, sure. There's probably gotta be a story Lois writes about Wayne and a mythic bat-creature in Gotham.

181The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:51 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cliff wrote:
MillionDollarGeek wrote:I loved every cheesy minute of it. Hawkman was his usual dick self, made me hate him even more on tv.

The only spinoff that would make sense would be a series about the original JSA.

As for Mr Wayne, he's not gonna be showing up at all. The creators are adamant about that. References, sure. There's probably gotta be a story Lois writes about Wayne and a mythic bat-creature in Gotham.

The creators aren't adamant about it, DC is. They can't use him, in any way shape or form. Not even a mention. Maybe they could mention bruce, but no way can they bring up Batman.

182The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:11 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I believe that episode is what they refer to as "Bad Ass".

All the nods to actual continuity things, the actual tribute Johns was able to pay to the JSA, god it was all fantastic.

Yeah there was some cheesy lines, but for the most part it was just absolutely fantastic.

Goeff Johns wrote what will probably go down as the definitive Smallville episode, the characterizations, the humor, the drama, the action, the cheesy throw backs and nods to the silver age characters involved, everything was spot on.

Seriously, if you didn't watch this tonight go find it, it was absolutely the best this show has been, ever...

183The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:15 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same!

A JSA set in the 40s could be cool. If Watchmen has shown us anything, an era like that could be a great setting, with WWII, FDR and his "creating" the team, and The Great Depression. They could end the series with America vs. the JSA. You know, the trial that made them part ways. Until later, of course.

184The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:45 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thats what I was confused about. None of the JSA members appeared to be that old, when exactly was their heyday in the Smallvill universe?

185The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:00 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Looked like 60s, actually--not sure. But, even if it wasn't, they were trapped in a Ragnarok-loop pocket-dimension in the regular universe, so that'd explain them being youthfully old. tongue

186The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 am

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

This was incredible. I absolutely loved Absolute Justice. It was cheesy(but Geoff Johns cheesy, which means it's awesome) and it was a gift for every DC fan. And is it me or....

Spoiler:

187The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 am

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

You know what I dug the most? Pam Grier as Amanda Waller was brilliant casting.

188The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:32 am

Cliff

Cliff
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Thundermatts wrote:Thats what I was confused about. None of the JSA members appeared to be that old, when exactly was their heyday in the Smallvill universe?

I'd say somewhere around the late 70s to mid 80s.

Then again, that reel to reel was pretty grainy. Plus, Waller looked to be about in her late 40s.

Yeah, I got no clue.

Speaking of Waller, though.... Pam Grier. Still delectable. I'd hit it.

189The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:15 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I nearly jumped off the couch when she said Suicide Squad.

And is it just me or does Kent looking more like a Detective these days than your average mild reporter?

190The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:20 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

speaking of cheesey i did find Icicle's powers, Hawkman's batman voice, the spinning Daily Planet logo and Stargirl's first appearance noticibly cheesey, anyone else with me on this? and i didn't really pay attention to the Darkseid reference till i checked comicbookmovie.com this morning.

191The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You're not alone. The outfit and flying of Hawkman was kind of nose-crinkling, but wiht a smile from me.

Stargirl wasn't as bad as I thought she'd be, although the Star Rod was very toy looking.

Dr. Fate was okay, I'll let it go. He never came off too mechanical, same with J'onn. Pemberton with a Star Rod was silly, he's, on one very short occasion, used Ted's Gravity Rod. Sorry if that was too nerdy. tongue

Fresh03 wrote:You know what I dug the most? Pam Grier as Amanda Waller was brilliant casting.
Oh, I know! When she was out of focus, I heard her voice and was like, "Is that Pam Grier," under my breathe with glee. FOXY BROWN!!! JACKIE BROWN!!! SHEBA SHAYNE!!! COFFY! AMANDA WALLER! Sorry. Again, I'm a nerd.

192The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bad Ass. Just....wow. Totally Bad Ass.

193The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That episode was fan-goddamn-tastic. Let's get it out of the way.. as far as the "cheese" factor goes, let's remember this is a primetime tv show, not a hollywood blockbuster with a multi-million dollar budget. Considering that, I think it came out just fine. Not to mention, considering how decent some of these costumes came out on this type of budget, it has me drooling at the possibility of seeing these on the big screen with some real money behind it.

So many great little references here.. Jonn commenting on his cookie fetish, the nod to Darkseid, Suicide Squad & Checkmate. Hell, after this episode I'm actually hoping they go for another season.

194The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Don't forget Ma Hunkel, the original Red Tornado and disputed, first superheroine in comics, appearing for the first time in another medium--very cool.

195The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:This was incredible. I absolutely loved Absolute Justice. It was cheesy(but Geoff Johns cheesy, which means it's awesome) and it was a gift for every DC fan. And is it me or....

Spoiler:

I totally got that feeling! How bad ass would that be? The way the JSA was done was incredible. I loved every character, every prop and every line that was uttered. This episode was so cool. Having Amanda Waller and Checkmate was absolutely awesome. The mere mention of the Suicide Squad had me geeking out. Did anyone else's eyes pop out when it was revealed that
Spoiler:

196The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Don't forget Ma Hunkel, the original Red Tornado and disputed, first superheroine in comics, appearing for the first time in another medium--very cool.

That just made me giddy. headbang

197The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:52 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Don't forget Ma Hunkel, the original Red Tornado and disputed, first superheroine in comics, appearing for the first time in another medium--very cool.

Indeed. When she came on the screen I was like 'MA HUNKEL!', my girlfriend just looked at me like I was crazy. That happened a few times during the episode Laughing

198The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Indeed. When she came on the screen I was like 'MA HUNKEL!', my girlfriend just looked at me like I was crazy. That happened a few times during the episode Laughing
My wife came into the room every now and again to make sure I was ok. This episode was just all kinds of awesome.

199The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm with everyone else, Absolute Justice was fantastic.

Loved Hawkman and Dr. Fate. They rocked.

All the nods were great. I think my favorite was the Michael Holt nod. I hope we get to see him. And they have to, absolutely HAVE TO have Alan Scott and Jay Garrick on at some point.

We need more John Jones. I love him here. Loved his outfit being a nod to his costume, and loved seeing his Martian self for a quick second.

I also especially loved Oliver in this episode. I don't know why, but I did.

It's weird but my favorite moment was actually Hawkman throwing Ollie through the window.

200The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I also really enjoyed the fact that Hawkman was played by "Daniel" from Stargate SG:1. It made my inner geek happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum