Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official 'Smallville' Thread

+42
Bigtymin504
Astro13Zombie
Foreigner_Man
DickGrayson007
G_Zatara
boberthavok
colossus1979
Tom
kidspider2099
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Cliff
Spider_Fan14
Ulik
BlueMaxx
Wonder Woman
shark6495
rwe1138
elijahdprophet
prescribeddrone
Fresh03
Off_White_Lantern
shiky800
Goof
Sandman
superdoug
Nymn
Thundermatts
ChrisToPhenom
Combo Mo
Hannibal king
jaydee74
blue halo
Chi-Town Spidey
Toothgrinder
Airwolf
The_Donster
Batman25JM
Ben Akers
shining knight
Administrator
MillionDollarGeek
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 19]

201The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I also really enjoyed the fact that Hawkman was played by "Daniel" from Stargate SG:1. It made my inner geek happy

Same here. I'm a HUGE SG-1 fan and I geeked out at that.

202The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I also really enjoyed the fact that Hawkman was played by "Daniel" from Stargate SG:1. It made my inner geek happy

Word. I loved all the nods to the comic from Shiera and the whole Hawk-mythology. I loved the nods to all the characters from Wildcat, Green Lantern, Flash and everyone else. Kent Nelson's wife Inza was a nice touch. There was so many geek-out moments but I did love the John Jones stuff especially seeing him in Martian form for a second and his love of cookies. It was a fantastic episode.

203The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:09 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Word. I loved all the nods to the comic from Shiera and the whole Hawk-mythology. I loved the nods to all the characters from Wildcat, Green Lantern, Flash and everyone else. Kent Nelson's wife Inza was a nice touch. There was so many geek-out moments but I did love the John Jones stuff especially seeing him in Martian form for a second and his love of cookies. It was a fantastic episode.

It really was. That one's gonna stay on the DVR for awhile Laughing

204The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:40 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's what I was thinking while looking at my list. tongue

205The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Word. I loved all the nods to the comic from Shiera and the whole Hawk-mythology. I loved the nods to all the characters from Wildcat, Green Lantern, Flash and everyone else. Kent Nelson's wife Inza was a nice touch. There was so many geek-out moments but I did love the John Jones stuff especially seeing him in Martian form for a second and his love of cookies. It was a fantastic episode.

It really was. That one's gonna stay on the DVR for awhile Laughing

Same here. I plan to watch it again tomorrow.

206The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Ulik

Ulik
Cadet
Cadet

I wish it had more GL. Hawkman looked weird flying. Why don't his wings flap? I agree Martian Manhunter looked cool for all of 2 seconds. They should have him Martian out more often, looks cooler.

207The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:32 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ulik wrote:I wish it had more GL. Hawkman looked weird flying. Why don't his wings flap?

Because, while it looks cool in the comics to draw Hawkman flying like a bird, technically, the Nth metal in the wings and belt is what provides the flight capabilities, not the actual wings themselves. So, scientifically, the way Carter was portrayed flying in the movie would be technically correct.

That, and it's expensive to CGI wings that work and don't look like goose wings (X3, anyone?).

208The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Yeah. In the comics, a lot of times they don't show any motion of the wings other than expansion. Maybe some fluttering if they're turning or something, but usually never. Like Doug said, the anti-grav of the Nth metal throughout the outfit is how Thanagarians fly with their wing-tech.

209The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:32 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tonights episode was a total nod to the fans and I had my very first geekasim THROUGH THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

210The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:20 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-Man wrote:Tonights episode was a total nod to the fans and I had my very first geekasim THROUGH THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!

Yeah, huge Captain Marvel vibe in this one.

211The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:12 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Was the costume dressed as wonder woman? cause thats what it looked like? I also like the kid dresses like clark with the red and blue.

I enjoyed i might start watching again.

212The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:17 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:Was the costume dressed as wonder woman?

In the show she just called it an "Amazon" outfit, but it's a pretty heavy nod to Wonder Woman

213The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:Tonights episode was a total nod to the fans and I had my very first geekasim THROUGH THE ENTIRE EPISODE!!!

Yeah, huge Captain Marvel vibe in this one.

I thought it was more of a nod to Captain Thunder, which was admittedly a rip-off of the Big Red Cheese.

214The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked this episode. The convention aspect was very awesome. I saw a C-3PO model and a Yoda model which was pretty cool. I loved that Lois first dressed in a stormtrooper and then as a Amazon Princess. The mere fact that Lois had a bunch of costumes in her apartment was just totally awesome. Having Zatanna was awesome and I loved the whole kid getting the superpowers. It was a pretty cool plot and reminded me a bit of some of the older episodes. This season of Smallville has done a very good job of getting me back into the show.

215The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed the last episode, and I didn't think I would.

I loved how Clark went through Lois' closet and found all the past costumes she's worn.

I actually think that Lois was hotter as the Storm Trooper (without the helmet) then as the Amazon. I didn't like her hair or makeup in the Amazon costume. It was too much.

I like the Chloe/Ollie romance budding. I think they'd be good together.

Anyway, another good episode. This season is the best so far IMO.

216The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Chloe/Ollie romance threw me for a loop but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

217The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The Chloe/Ollie romance threw me for a loop but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I could see it coming. It was pretty evident after the Roulette episode that they were going to go this route.

218The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:The Chloe/Ollie romance threw me for a loop but the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I could see it coming. It was pretty evident after the Roulette episode that they were going to go this route.
I guess. I was kind of hoping we would see Ollie get together with Black Canary.

219The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I was kind of hoping we would see Ollie get together with Black Canary.

There was a bit of a teaser there with his comment about the naughty emails Wink

220The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I was kind of hoping we would see Ollie get together with Black Canary.

There was a bit of a teaser there with his comment about the naughty emails Wink
That's what I'm talking about.

221The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

When they did that I was wondering if the Chloe thing was just a misdirect. However, when he said that it also seemed like Chloe was a little jealous and he was trying to cover for it.

I'd actually rather have Ollie and Chloe together than Ollie and Dinah. I love the GA/BC romance in the comics, but I'm not too fond of Smallville's version of Dinah. I much prefer Chloe.

222The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

When they did that I was wondering if the Chloe thing was just a misdirect. However, when he said that it also seemed like Chloe was a little jealous and he was trying to cover for it.

I'd actually rather have Ollie and Chloe together than Ollie and Dinah. I love the GA/BC romance in the comics, but I'm not too fond of Smallville's version of Dinah. I much prefer Chloe.
Well, considering that the actress who plays Dinah is now in Stargate Universe, it's highly unlikely that she'll have an opportunity to make another appearance.

223The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:23 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So say, I prefer more action less drama- love the JL/JLU cartoon-love every DC DTV DVD.. ect

is season 8 a decent place to start watching this? Do I really need to know any of the drama-rama from Clarks early days? I'm liking the idea of more DC characters being used so I'm considering trying to get into this.

224The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:08 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone?

225The Official 'Smallville' Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official 'Smallville' Thread Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:26 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forget what happens in which Seasons, but I think 7 or 8 is when the show started to pick back up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum