Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Power Rangers Thread

+11
Airwolf
jaydee74
G_Zatara
colossus1979
Denim
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Batman25JM
Joshua
alucardbarnivous
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bulk is back, I am kind of happy about this

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

102The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I'm very curious as to whether or not they'll keep the Decade Cameo from Shinkenger or not. I have heard that they'd like to bring another Kamen Rider over to the states, and that might be enough to garner some interest. I just hope if they decide to do that, they don't screw it up as bad as Dragon Knight - granted, Ryuki was shitty, but Dragon Knight was just... something...

Also, am I the only one here who actually watches Kamen Rider or Super Sentai? Because I've been thinkin' bout makin' a thread for that.

One more thing, if they don't keep Shinken-Brown I will cut somebody.

103The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not a big fan of Kamen Rider but we watched bits of W at my anime club. Also, a little of the latest one with the coins. As for Super Sentai, Power Rangers has pretty much been it for me. Though, I watched a bit of the season with Sho Kosugi and his son and also Supaidaman.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

104The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Bulk is back, I am kind of happy about this
Just Bulk? No Skull? shake my head

105The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

I didn't know this. Now I'm stoked. Plus, this gets my hopes up that other former characters might appear. I'd love to see Jason or Adam come back. I'd also like to see some of the more recent Rangers return (like RJ).

106The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:44 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Just Bulk? No Skull? shake my head

No skull, Bulk will have a nephew though, and he may be one of the more annoyuing characters ever.

107The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The first episode of Samurai was okay I guess. It was about what I expected. The acting was sub-par.

It's nice to have Bulk back. I'm a little curious as to how Skull could have a son as old as Spike, but whatever. I do hope we see Skull at some point.

I'm wondering how this fits in with RPM. In RPM the world is pretty well trashed. I wonder if RPM is supposed to be farther into the future than when Samurai takes place.

I hope this show improves. It isn't awful, but it certainly isn't as good (so far) as some previous seasons.

I really hate the morphing call.

The theme being a rearrangement/remix of the original theme is both cool and bad. Cool because it plays at my love for the original song and MMPR, and bad because it got me pumped up and then the show wasn't fantastic. Also, them calling out their names during the opening was a little weird.

108The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:36 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, without any hair Paul Schrier looks quite a bit like Mike O'Malley to me.

109The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pretty good first episode. I liked the action and it had an old school vibe to it that was kind of familiar (of the early years) and refreshing (regarding past seasons) at the same time. Acting was about as good (or bad) as it usually is so I don't sweat it there. Bit weird they didn't have the usual 'putting the team together' episode. Excited to see what's down the line.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

110The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it online anywhere?

111The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Also, them calling out their names during the opening was a little weird.
They call out their names in the opening credits? For Real? Was it anything like this:

112The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It will be reaired today at 5:30pm central time for those that missed it like me.

113The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:Pretty good first episode. I liked the action and it had an old school vibe to it that was kind of familiar (of the early years) and refreshing (regarding past seasons) at the same time. Acting was about as good (or bad) as it usually is so I don't sweat it there. Bit weird they didn't have the usual 'putting the team together' episode. Excited to see what's down the line.

Yeah, not having the putting the team together episode was really weird. It kind of felt like we started on episode 2.

114The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:11 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Also, them calling out their names during the opening was a little weird.
They call out their names in the opening credits? For Real? Was it anything like this:

Laughing Not quite.

115The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's too bad. I think Power Rangers could benefit with a dance routine.

116The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:02 pm

Indiana Solo

Indiana Solo
Cadet
Cadet

It was okay.

It's been awhile since I watched the Power Rangers though, so I'm not sure how much was me actually liking it and how much was for nostalgic reasons.

117The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and i missed it again....lol

118The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:05 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Finally was able to see it. Not sure what to say about it yet. It was intresting that they did not do the whole origin thing. Bulk didn't really add anything to the episode other then really bad comic relief. It would of been better if they had at least tied him into the actual plot of the episode in some minor way.

I will continue watching, but very wary at this point. While I do understand that the target audiance for this is mainly kids, the creators do need to realize that the fans of the very first season have aged by over 15 years now.

119The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:08 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder if they'll explain what Bulk's been up to these past 9 years. Last we saw him he was running Bulkmeier's. I'd also like to know what Skull is up to.

120The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:30 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I'm like ninety percent certain the guy who played Skull is a doctor now, or is well on his way to becoming one.

121The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

im watching ep1 now...........omg go go power rangers theme song?!?!?!?!?!?! Sad i wished they did something new .............

**my comments are as per i watch the show:

well so far its just as cheezy as the other ones hehe

uncle bulk?! lOLOLOLOL i must admit - i actually
young skull is like 2x or 4x more annoying than his dad

GOGO SAMURAI! .......omg... just say - HENSHIN!

what i dont get is their background - and i dunno seems like a weak start. i really liked the way rpm was story structured more than this at the moment

i think the green ranger is in the closet..... biiig time

red ranger wants to be "inside" people... especially the green ranger's O_O...no homo?

the characters seems really really plain and rigid.....like there is no personality - aside from our rainbow green friend

slo-motion flips O_O really really??

ha! but at least his henshin was actually cool this time

the weapons seems heavy and wow they might as well just used guns with all the "elementals" they used.... *sigh

the green rangers shouldve been the red - it would make more sense! i just dont feel like the rest of the team has "earned" their ranger status - its like oh here u go - a morpher - and now ur a samurai ....and u must train with us

their final blow - kitana power? where the fuck did the fireworks come from?????

red ranger x green ranger yaoi.... this is what i predict

overall rating for a ranger show so far 3.5/10 - i dun like any of the girls so far Sad i doubt ill be watching this past this ep? but we'll see

the only thing it got points with was it was at least in HD :P

122The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. Just watched the first episode. It's not all the impressive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum