Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Power Rangers Thread

+11
Airwolf
jaydee74
G_Zatara
colossus1979
Denim
MillionDollarGeek
ChrisToPhenom
Silent K
Batman25JM
Joshua
alucardbarnivous
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:34 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

77The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:53 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:Heh I was just making jared watch a bunch of clips of MMPR at the store recently I am still trying to figure out why on one episode they brought back every red ranger ever. Also its fun to watch Thatcher's head explode when I start talking about it

Tenth anniversary of the show. Once a Ranger commemorated the fifteenth.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

78The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:14 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, just happened to look up that Power Morphicon is this weekend. I wonder how it's going? I wonder if this is why the David Yost video has been put out recently?

79The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KelRKIMRDzA

in the past few months.
Wow. I can't believe the pain this dude went through. The amount of courage this dude has to get from where he was to where he apparently is right now is awesome. I do agree with David about the rotating cast. I'm not sure how you really get a connection with certain characters if they are only around for one season. To be fair though, I have watched the show from the original MMPR to the end of the Space Rangers and then I watched every now and again.

I would like to watch more episodes of the other seasons though. What's the best place for that?

80The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Harsh words from Jason David Frank:

I'm not sure he's one of my favorites anymore after that.

WTF?! Shocked

81The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:36 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

82The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Cool. Jason is my favorite Ranger of all time. Austin St. John seems like a nice guy.

jaydee74 wrote:
Harsh words from Jason David Frank:

I'm not sure he's one of my favorites anymore after that.

JDF has said some dumb things recently from what I hear. However, I don't think he was trying to be mean here. I just think he meant that it would have been hard to have 2 Red Rangers with the same suit/powers, and since Austin St. John was the original that it made more sense to go with him.

jaydee74 wrote:
WTF?! Shocked

If you get the chance I highly recommend you watch Time Force (which is the season that clip is from). It's tied with Jungle Fury for my favorite season (I'd also recommend you check out Jungle Fury).

Time Force is one of the darkest seasons (if not the darkest), and it was extremely popular. I believe it helped reinvigorate the franchise.

jaydee74 wrote: Laughing

Laughing Laughing

I have to say that it still pisses me off that they made Tommy the leader and stripped Jason of the title. I mean, once Jason left that's fine, but with him still on the team it makes me mad. I know that Austin St. John had left the show over contract disputes and that's why they made Tommy the leader, but I'd prefer it have been announced as Jason was leaving the team.

83The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:42 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Part of the reason they made Tommy the leader was the fact that Austin was leaving the show. Think about this. Before they left, the creators more or less fazed Jason, Triny and Zack out of the show and mostly focused on Tommy, Kimberly and Billy. Jason was my favorite Ranger so I nearly stopped watching the show when he left. I was never a huge fan of Rocky and as far as I'm concerned the Red Ranger is the leader. Period. So, I've watched:
MIghty Morphin Power Rangers
Zeo Rangers
Turbo Rangers (I hated that freaking Kid Blue Ranger)
Space Rangers (Andros is my second favorite Ranger)

I've watched random episodes since then. What series is next?

84The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

after the list above u or the most current one?

last one on the list is PR-RPM which i thought was theEEE best one out of the lines (post original americanized rangers)

85The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched the first episode of Lost Galaxy and think I've seen it but can't be 100% sure. The characters do seem kind of familiar.

86The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really need to keep myself in the loop more. I just found out that the official power rangers website started a 145 Days of Power Rangers in September. They are putting up a new episode of MMPR each day in order, counting down to the premiere of Power Rangers: Samurai in February. I would have LOVED to watch all of the first season. Oh well, it'll air on Nickelodeon or Nicktoons soon enough. Here's the link if anyone wants to use it. http://www.powerrangers.com/episodes.html

Also found out that footage of PR: Samurai had been released. I've been so excited for this. Here's a promo.

Yeah, I'll be honest, my excitement has gone way down after seeing this. I was excited by the use of the MMPR theme, and the Super Sentai footage looks cool, but oh my god the acting. Now, I know that Power Ranger acting isn't always fantastic. There has been some good acting, and some not so good, but the acting here looks like acting you get in local commercials or crime reenactments. None of them seem good, but I think the pink ranger is the worst. Her "so much for my normal day" had me cringing.

Here's a clip of an episode: http://www.powerrangers.com/samurai-preview.html

The morphing call of "Go, Go Samurai" is awful. This isn't Inspector Gadget.

I'll reserve judgment until I watch a few episodes, but so far, not impressed.

Well, even if I hate Power Rangers: Samurai at least reruns of all the other seasons will be airing. There is also the hope we'll get season sets of them released. Has anyone heard any news on that?

87The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:51 am

WhiteBlackDynamite

WhiteBlackDynamite
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Just now finding this thread;
I'm surprised nobody's managed to post this yet:

http://www.superflycomics.com

88The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That was awesome.

89The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I really need to keep myself in the loop more. I just found out that the official power rangers website started a 145 Days of Power Rangers in September. They are putting up a new episode of MMPR each day in order, counting down to the premiere of Power Rangers: Samurai in February. I would have LOVED to watch all of the first season. Oh well, it'll air on Nickelodeon or Nicktoons soon enough. Here's the link if anyone wants to use it. http://www.powerrangers.com/episodes.html

Also found out that footage of PR: Samurai had been released. I've been so excited for this. Here's a promo.

Yeah, I'll be honest, my excitement has gone way down after seeing this. I was excited by the use of the MMPR theme, and the Super Sentai footage looks cool, but oh my god the acting. Now, I know that Power Ranger acting isn't always fantastic. There has been some good acting, and some not so good, but the acting here looks like acting you get in local commercials or crime reenactments. None of them seem good, but I think the pink ranger is the worst. Her "so much for my normal day" had me cringing.

Here's a clip of an episode: http://www.powerrangers.com/samurai-preview.html

The morphing call of "Go, Go Samurai" is awful. This isn't Inspector Gadget.

I'll reserve judgment until I watch a few episodes, but so far, not impressed.

Well, even if I hate Power Rangers: Samurai at least reruns of all the other seasons will be airing. There is also the hope we'll get season sets of them released. Has anyone heard any news on that?

I gotta say that the acting has not improved and the morphing sequence has gotten a bit out of hand. I've always wondered what the bad guys are doing while the Rangers were Morphing. Are they having a cup of coffee or something? I mean they sure as hell have enough time to have a cup of coffee and read the Weekend Edition of the New York Times. Go, Go Samurai is also a bit weak. It's like they weren't really trying. I do like the logo though.

90The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just to let everyone know Power Rangers: Samurai officially premieres on Monday, February 7th at 8pm EST on Nickelodeon.

91The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:19 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

If you want to watch a not-shitty version of PR: Samurai, just watch Shinkenger.

92The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:51 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I would, but I have a very hard time watching things in other languages. It's funny, I always have subtitles on when I'm watching TV or movies (in English), but I don't like to watch things in other languages.

93The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:26 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

I figured I 'd drop this link here. Tv-Nihon's subs may not be the greatest, but if you want to watch the original versions of the shows they adapt into power rangers, they're pretty much your best/only option. They've also got most of the Heisei Kamen Rider series, though for Kuuga, I'd go with Midnight Crew Subs and for W and OOO, I'd go with Over-Time. For Agito, send me a message and I'll dig up the links for you.

Last edited by Gandicles on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

94The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Cool, thanks. I think I'll check those out.

95The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just watched Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie for the first time in a long time, and it seemed a little like Jason and Kimberly were more than friends. I never picked up on it before, and I don't know if it's just me reading into it, but there seemed to be hints of it.

96The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I just watched Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie for the first time in a long time, and it seemed a little like Jason and Kimberly were more than friends. I never picked up on it before, and I don't know if it's just me reading into it, but there seemed to be hints of it.
The very first time I saw that movie, I thought the exact same thing and I saw it in the movie theater to do a review for it. I really thought those two had something going on.

97The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:46 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah. I wish that they would have confirmed it when Jason appeared in Forever Red.
---------------------

Well, only a week and a half until the premiere of Samurai. I don't have high hopes, but at least it's a new Power Rangers series.

What I really want to know is when the reruns of the past seasons are going to start airing. All they've said is early 2011. Well, it's early 2011 and still now word on when they'll air (as far as I know).

For some reason I'm really craving some Zeo lately, so I want the reruns to air soon.

98The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:19 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

been watching ninja storm lol - i really really like tori ........in a sexual way

as for samurai......english.......cheesefest 2011!

99The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^Yeah. I wish that they would have confirmed it when Jason appeared in Forever Red.
---------------------

Well, only a week and a half until the premiere of Samurai. I don't have high hopes, but at least it's a new Power Rangers series.

What I really want to know is when the reruns of the past seasons are going to start airing. All they've said is early 2011. Well, it's early 2011 and still now word on when they'll air (as far as I know).

For some reason I'm really craving some Zeo lately, so I want the reruns to air soon.

It's not coming up on my cable search... Sad

EDIT: Had to look for it manually, but find it. Whew.

100The Official Power Rangers Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Power Rangers: Samurai premieres tomorrow night. thumbs up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum