Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Justice League of America

+19
Demonweasel
The Ignored One
Spazzy
Spider_Fan14
DickGrayson007
prescribeddrone
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Bigtymin504
Debaser77
LOOSECANNON
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
shiky800
shining knight
riv1
jaydee74
LordD3r3k
BlueMaxx
Metal Misfit
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Justice League of America Empty Justice League of America Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=2752

Another roster shake-up. Could be interesting...

Anyone else reading JLA?

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title)

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

2Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm liking it. Everyone complained about this issue. I just saw decent storytelling through evolution of the team. Can't wait for the next roster! Very Happy

3Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:36 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Still reading it, though SORELY missing Meltzer

4Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I read it. Didn't like it. thumbs down

5Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:58 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Reading it, but, it needs a new writer IMO. This is the Justice Leahue, not the Avengers. Too soap operish lately.

6Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Black canary beat up her husband....am I the only one who had a problem with this?!?

7Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Black canary beat up her husband....am I the only one who had a problem with this?!?
We were talking about this on the DC message boards a whole lot, and it is a total double-standard. She wasn't slappin' his arm like girls do, she frickin' decked Ollie, twice if I remember right. If it was the other way around...it's just kind of crappy. That's her husband for Pete's sake. And she's wanting to be their leader. Rolling Eyes Came off as really out of character for her. She's been known to get rough and gruff, and unreasonable at times, but this was...Ollie was like, "I deserved that." or something. I call bull on that double-standard.

No one should lay their hands on you like no matter what. A bit much for just a couple panels? Maybe. But I thought it was at least worth pointing out.

8Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:48 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I paused on it for a sec when I read it, but to me, it seemed normal for their wacko relationship. Now if Ollie uppercut her... yeah, I'd have issues with that.

9Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:27 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think you just proved Blue's point. Double standard.

10Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah spousal abuse is a serious thing whether it be a man decking a woman or the other way round it just felt kind of wrong to me

11Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:05 pm

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

riv1 wrote:I think you just proved Blue's point. Double standard.

I don't deny it. I just don't care. Laughing

12Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:
riv1 wrote:I think you just proved Blue's point. Double standard.

I don't deny it. I just don't care. Laughing
Ah, but here's a good question? Beyond the comic and directly into the subject of a woman beating on a man--Do you not care because you're a man and "shouldn't"? Because we're supposed to be tough and all. 'Supposed to be able to take a girl punch and not defend ourselves. On the reverse side, we shouldn't consider women a weaker sex. Which they aren't. There in lies the problem.

13Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just thought Dinah was very whiney in this whole issue.

14Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I just thought Dinah was very whiney in this whole issue.
Well, everyone kind of came off as whiney. Like, "We don't like your club. We're starting our own." When that isn't the point of the JLA. But, sillier things have happened in real life, so whatever helps them evolve. I still like the possible direction it may take. Especially for Robinson's mini. Which is still disappointing me that it is only a mini now.

15Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:54 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

amen

16Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only thing i did like about all the whining was GL's synopsis of the earlier JLA arcs. When looked at in a different light, they really didn't do that well.
Mind you, i totally enjoyed Meltzer's run.

17Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:58 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Change the thread title!!! Wink

Just finished issue #38. Robinson's first issue of the ongoing series. Anyone know what happened to the team. I remember something happening to Plastic Man, but was Vixen's leg not explained yet, or will that happen during the Cry for Justice mini's run?

18Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:56 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought issue #38 was a weak start to robinson's run on the book

19Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:04 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Remember, he still has to clean house. Which he's doing using Despero, I imagine. But ya, I barely noticed a difference from past writers. This story actually came off as a McDuffie script. *pulls collar*

20Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't care for #38. It was too much like the previous stuff. Enough with the whining. The conversation felt stiff, and the attack on the group felt like something from the 60s to me.

I did love Bagley's art though.

I can't wait for the new team. I'm actually excited about it.

BlueMaxx wrote:Change the thread title!!! Wink

Just finished issue #38. Robinson's first issue of the ongoing series. Anyone know what happened to the team. I remember something happening to Plastic Man, but was Vixen's leg not explained yet, or will that happen during the Cry for Justice mini's run?

They'll explain Vixen's leg in Cry for Justice.

21Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, okay. I was wondering about my memory. Heh. Also, the JLA already is on the new team. That's Robinson's first ish.

22Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:49 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oh, okay. I was wondering about my memory. Heh. Also, the JLA already is on the new team. That's Robinson's first ish.
no the new team starts in issue 41 but he took over the book with issue 38

23Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oooh. For some reason I took that as writer/artist team.

24Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was thinking about Blue Jay's appearance in this book. He must be (or was) a bit like Power Girl. We've seen that there's a Blue Jay on Angor in the 52 Earths so the Blue Jay that's still on Earth is sort of a man with no world just like Power Girl has no world either. I think that's kind of interesting.

25Justice League of America Empty Re: Justice League of America Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Oooh. For some reason I took that as writer/artist team.

Shiky's right, I was talking about the actual JLA team, not writer/artist team. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum