Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Arrow

+11
Spazzy
Aussiemandias
G_Zatara
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
LOOSECANNON
jaydee74
Batman25JM
rwe1138
LordD3r3k
Foreigner_Man
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 9:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am kind of wondering what kind of tone this book is going to take? This might be a very intriguing series for me.

52Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 9:56 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I am kind of wondering what kind of tone this book is going to take? This might be a very intriguing series for me.

I could see it reflecting the darker tone and maturity level that Longbow Hunters had

53Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I am kind of wondering what kind of tone this book is going to take? This might be a very intriguing series for me.

I could see it reflecting the darker tone and maturity level that Longbow Hunters had

You see, if that's the case, I would be all over it. Longbow Hunters is Green Arrow at his very very best. I will say I am very curious about the whole Star City Forrest thing. That is pretty damn interesting.

54Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 10:19 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:You see, if that's the case, I would be all over it. Longbow Hunters is Green Arrow at his very very best. I will say I am very curious about the whole Star City Forrest thing. That is pretty damn interesting.

I agree. I think it'll be alot of fun.

55Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 10:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:You see, if that's the case, I would be all over it. Longbow Hunters is Green Arrow at his very very best. I will say I am very curious about the whole Star City Forrest thing. That is pretty damn interesting.

I agree. I think it'll be alot of fun.
I think so too. I liked the art from what I can tell from the preview as well. Somehow though, I think I would have liked the color to have been just a tad darker though.

56Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 10:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I think so too. I liked the art from what I can tell from the preview as well. Somehow though, I think I would have liked the color to have been just a tad darker though.

Yeah, I definitely see your point there. If this is supposed to be a 'no holds barred' Ollie, a darker/grittier tone would work better. Plus, being in a forest would probably lend well with shadows and whatnot

57Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 10:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I think so too. I liked the art from what I can tell from the preview as well. Somehow though, I think I would have liked the color to have been just a tad darker though.

Yeah, I definitely see your point there. If this is supposed to be a 'no holds barred' Ollie, a darker/grittier tone would work better. Plus, being in a forest would probably lend well with shadows and whatnot
That's what I was thinking. Between being in a forrest and the darker tones it seems to be going in, I would have liked a darker color tone with some darker inks involved. It would have added to the grittiness.

58Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu May 13, 2010 11:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I think the preview looks pretty good.

I love the art. I hadn't been excited for the new book since seeing the cover art. It wasn't bad cover art, but I didn't want that for the interiors. Even though on the ads for the book it clearly lists different artists for the cover and interiors, in my mind I associated the new book with the cover image and that didn't thrill me.

I just hope this book is good. IMO, GA hasn't been good since Winick left.

59Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri May 14, 2010 12:07 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I just hope this book is good. IMO, GA hasn't been good since Winick left.

Yeah, those last couple of arcs towards the end were abit bland. But 2 issues in to this new direction already has me more interested than the whole of last year

60Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri May 14, 2010 12:10 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I just hope this book is good. IMO, GA hasn't been good since Winick left.

Yeah, those last couple of arcs towards the end were abit bland. But 2 issues in to this new direction already has me more interested than the whole of last year

Despite a few complaints of what happened, I agree.

61Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri May 14, 2010 9:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking at the preview, I have to take back my want for a darker tone to the color and ink. Looks pretty damn good:

Green Arrow - Page 3 Ga_sneakpreview_page_1-copy

The BRIGHTEST DAY reaches Star City with GREEN ARROW #1, hitting next month from the team of writer J.T. Krul and artist Diogenes Neves. With “The Fall of Green Arrow” over, what is the status quo for our Emerald Archer? And after the devastating events of recent months, can one man protect a city that’s partially in ruins? The mysteries deepen and the tension mounts in this first issue, and we’ve got a look at a key scene. So, click below and try to keep it together until the issue hits on 6/23.

Green Arrow - Page 3 Gav2_4pp_prev-1-copy

Green Arrow - Page 3 Gav2_4pp_prev-2-copy

Green Arrow - Page 3 Gav2_4pp_prev-3-copy

Green Arrow - Page 3 Gav2_4pp_prev-4-copy

62Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri May 14, 2010 2:26 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The arrow through the hand/arm is brutal. I can't wait for this! Very Happy

63Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon May 17, 2010 2:26 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Dang..that looks awesome. It seems like Krul is really sending Green Arrow into the Robin Hood territory, which is a cool idea.

64Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Dang..that looks awesome. It seems like Krul is really sending Green Arrow into the Robin Hood territory, which is a cool idea.
Star City is Ollie's Sherwood Forrest and that's really awesome.

65Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

It's a no-brainer really. The Emerald Archer should have a Forest to play in. Possibly 'Sherrif of Nottingham' and 'Bad King John' analogues too. There's been so much made of Ollie's 'fight for the common man over corrupt beaurocracy' themes over the years I'm surprised no-ones thought of tying Green Arrow more deeply to the Robin Hood legend before. I like it and will definitly be checking this book out.

66Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Mon May 17, 2010 10:32 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It would be very awesome. Think about this as well. When Green Arrow first came around, he was considered a Batman knockoff with the Arrow-Mobile and the Arrow Cave. Well, look at Batman. He's supposed to be some urban myth to scare off the bad guys. A boogeyman of sorts. Well, maybe it's time to do that with Ollie in this Star City Forrest. I would love to see that.

67Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue May 18, 2010 3:17 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^I agree with you guys; the Robin Hood/urban myth angle is an obvious choice and it's surprising it only really come up now. I like the Sherwood Forest thing.

I wonder if we'll see any Merry Men. Who'll be little John? The Sheriff could be corrupt police and King John could be a corrupt politician or simply a powerful Kingpin-like character. Friar Tuck could just be a preacher who helps Ollie out. (Yeah, I know these are obvious, but these ideas are fun to toy with.)

And let's not forget Guy of Gisbourne (Merlin?) will have to show up.

Dang, i can't wait for this book to come out! Very Happy

68Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue May 18, 2010 8:14 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah those were my thoughts too, but mostly - doesn't it just feel right that Ollie now has a base of operations that suits his M.O? The Forest should be used as his Batcave, his Fortress of Solitude. Also visually the idea of a star-shaped forest in the middle of Star City like a magical Central Park has so many possibilities.

Wow! first Doctor Who goes all Angela Carter style 'Dark Fairy Tale' and now Green Arrow. There's something in the air. Green Arrow - Page 3 334450

Oh and this just in....
Green Arrow - Page 3 GArrow_Cv2

How awesome is that?

69Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am in love with that cover.

70Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Tue May 18, 2010 5:19 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Jherek wrote:Yeah those were my thoughts too, but mostly - doesn't it just feel right that Ollie now has a base of operations that suits his M.O? The Forest should be used as his Batcave, his Fortress of Solitude. Also visually the idea of a star-shaped forest in the middle of Star City like a magical Central Park has so many possibilities.

Wow! first Doctor Who goes all Angela Carter style 'Dark Fairy Tale' and now Green Arrow. There's something in the air. Green Arrow - Page 3 334450

Oh and this just in....
Green Arrow - Page 3 GArrow_Cv2

How awesome is that?
Yeah, it definitely suits him.

If there's something in the air, I'm not complaining!

And finally! Hal and Ollie back together! I'm so sick of seeing Flash and Green Lantern being treated like best buds. Now, I like that team, but Ollie and Hal are just such a great match and have been treated like Iron Fist/Luke Cage and stand in the room but don't team up. It makes me happy to see that that might change. Very Happy

Oh, and the cover looks great too! Very Happy

71Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:58 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Arrow #1

I thought this was a decent first issue. I see some true potential for this series.

I'm LOVING the art as well as Ollie's new costume.

72Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:18 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Flipped through the book. Not bad. Not going to get it monthly but maybe in trade.

73Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:38 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Green Arrow #1

I thought this was a decent first issue. I see some true potential for this series.

Agreed. According to the DC Nation column, Star City and this forest in particular are going to play a big role later on. Curious to see what it'll be

74Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:Green Arrow #1

Agreed. According to the DC Nation column, Star City and this forest in particular are going to play a big role later on. Curious to see what it'll be

Well, I gotta imagine that it will tie into the whole Brightest Day story.

75Green Arrow - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Arrow Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ absolutely

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum