Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

+9
Heytherejeffro
goatt
WonderWoman2.0
Ric Magnum
Bigtymin504
(._Y_.)
Tom
Denim
Paroxysm
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

12010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Eastern Conference
#1 - Washington Capitals (Clinched Southeast Division, Presidents' Trophy)
#2 - New Jersey Devils (Clinched Atlantic Division)
#3 - Buffalo Sabres (Clinched Northeast Division)
#4 - Pittsburgh Penguins*
#5 - Ottawa Senators*
#6 - Boston Bruins*
#7 - Philadelphia Flyers*
#8 - Montreal Canadians*

Western Conference
#1 - San Jose Sharks (Clinched Pacific Division, Western Conference)
#2 - Chicago Blackhawks (Clinched Central Division)
#3 - Vancouver Canucks (Clinched Northwest Division)
#4 - Phoenix Coyotes*
#5 - Detroit Red Wings*
#6 - Los Angeles Kings*
#7 - Nashville Predators*
#8 - Colorado Avalanche*

If there was ever a year the Vancouver Canucks were going to win the Stanley Cup, this is it. All of the pieces have seemingly come together at the right time.

This might be hard to believe for hockey fans in the East who have only heard rumors of the Western Conference's existence, but the Canucks might possess the best player in the League in Henrik Sedin.

Anyways, we'll see some good hockey.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

22010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As someone who lives in Chicago, I just have to say....GO HAWKS!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

32010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

I'm rooting for the Preds and the Avalanche.

I have a feeling that the Av's will be swept cause of their tumble in the standings after the olympics. Just haven't been the same team.

Preds have a decent team with great defense, good goalie, and their offense is pretty spread out. Love to see players dive out of the way of Weber's shots. Dude is gonna literally kill someone one day.

I love watching Ovie and Miller play, but I hate every damn team that is in the East's top 8.

42010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Although I do not feel that the Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup, the NHL’s best team will have no trouble dismantling the Montreal Canadiens one piece at a time.

52010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:47 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My final 4 are Detroit, Vancouver, Pittsburgh and Washington. I'm hoping for a Washington Vancouver final, but i dunno.

62010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Today's games!

In the East..

#2 - New Jersey Devils VS #7 - Philadelphia Flyers.@ 7:30PM ET

#4 - Pittsburgh Penguins VS #5 - Ottawa Senators.@ 7:00PM ET

and in the West....

#1 - San Jose Sharks VS #8 - Colorado Avalanche.@ 10:30PM ET

#4 - Phoenix Coyotes VS #5 - Detroit Red Wings.@ 9:00PM ET

72010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:58 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Tired of the wings, so I'm rooting for Phoenix.
Rooting for the Av's as well.

82010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:52 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Colorado Avalanche
Detroit Red Wings

My picks for tonight OH YEAH!

92010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

My picks..

1) Washington vs 8. Montreal: Capitals in four

Although I do not feel that the Washington Capitals will win the Stanley Cup, the NHL’s best team will have no trouble dismantling the Montreal Canadiens one piece at a time.

2) New Jersey Devils vs 7) Philadelphia Flyers: Flyers in seven

The Devils chances for the Stanley Cup come with one stipulation; a well-rested Martin Brodeur. Unfortunately his selfishness will do him and his team in again as he will be too tired to defeat the Flyers who will continuously crash the net and wreak havoc.

3) Buffalo Sabres vs 6) Boston Bruins: Sabres in five

The Boston Bruins limped into this year’s playoffs with injuries extrapolating their already weak offense. Buffalo continues to remain consistent season after season, and with a healthy Thomas Vanek on fire, along with the best goaltender in the Eastern conference, Ryan Miller, they should have no problems beating the Boston Bruins.

4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs 5) Ottawa Senators: Penguins in five

Hats off to the Senators for even being able to make the playoffs, a team that was surrounded by a media circus all season long due to Dany Heatley, and a team, who at one point in the season, had their entire top line injured. They had been one of the hottest teams in the league for a while, but Pittsburgh is still the team to beat in the east.

1) San Jose Sharks vs 8. Colorado Avalanche: Sharks in five

The Sharks have been a source for endless jokes among hockey fans over the years because it is absolutely hilarious to see a team consistently win 45-50 games every year, only to lose in the first round. However, their fortunes will change this season, somewhat. As good a season as the Avalanche had, they will not be able to match the Sharks’ firepower, and even if Nabokov is not a big game goalie, I certainly feel he can out-duel Craig Anderson, a goalie who had a career year.

2) Chicago Blackhawks vs 7) Nashville Predators: Blackhawks in six

For many people, Chicago is the team to beat this season. To that, I ask why? Yes they have an amazing tandem of Kane and Toews, but their goaltending will be their fatal flaw. Cristobal Huet has never impressed me, ever, and Antti Niemi has no experience at all. However, they have enough skill level to defeat the surprisingly steady Nashville Predators.

3) Vancouver Canucks vs 6) Los Angeles Kings: Canucks in six

Few teams were able to match the excitement and exuberance of the Kings this season, but they are in the same learning process the Penguins were in a few years back. There is that old saying that you have to lose before you can win, and for that reason, I feel they will lose out. That, and the fact that I love the system the Canucks are playing. They have a very solid defense, and an excellent offensive pressure. Right now it seems the Sedin twins will be unbeatable, and Kesler and Burrows provide some good toughness with an offensive flair.

4) Phoenix Coyotes vs 5) Detroit Red Wings: Red Wings in five

First off, let me start out by saying congratulations to Dave Tippett, for the job he did in Phoenix this season. He will win the Jack Adams Award for coach of the year, and deserves it more than anyone else. The job that Don Maloney was also able to do is outstanding. However, now that it is playoff time, I feel this Cinderella season will be coming to an end. The Wings are a group of battle hardened veterans who could win a playoff game in their sleep.

Last edited by Paroxysm on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

102010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:14 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:My picks..

1) Washington vs 8. Montreal: Capitals in four

2) New Jersey Devils vs 7) Philadelphia Flyers: Flyers in seven

The Devils chances for the Stanley Cup come with one stipulation; a well-rested Martin Brodeur. Unfortunately his selfishness will do him and his team in again as he will be too tired to defeat the Flyers who will continuously crash the net and wreak havoc.

3) Buffalo Sabres vs 6) Boston Bruins: Sabres in five

The Boston Bruins limped into this year’s playoffs with injuries extrapolating their already weak offense. Buffalo continues to remain consistent season after season, and with a healthy Thomas Vanek on fire, along with the best goaltender in the Eastern conference, Ryan Miller, they should have no problems beating the Boston Bruins.

4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs 5) Ottawa Senators: Penguins in five

Hats off to the Senators for even being able to make the playoffs, a team that was surrounded by a media circus all season long due to Dany Heatley, and a team, who at one point in the season, had their entire top line injured. They had been one of the hottest teams in the league for a while, but Pittsburgh is still the team to beat in the east.

1) San Jose Sharks vs 8. Colorado Avalanche: Sharks in five

The Sharks have been a source for endless jokes among hockey fans over the years because it is absolutely hilarious to see a team consistently win 45-50 games every year, only to lose in the first round. However, their fortunes will change this season, somewhat. As good a season as the Avalanche had, they will not be able to match the Sharks’ firepower, and even if Nabokov is not a big game goalie, I certainly feel he can out-duel Craig Anderson, a goalie who had a career year.

2) Chicago Blackhawks vs 7) Nashville Predators: Blackhawks in six

For many people, Chicago is the team to beat this season. To that, I ask why? Yes they have an amazing tandem of Kane and Toews, but their goaltending will be their fatal flaw. Cristobal Huet has never impressed me, ever, and Antti Niemi has no experience at all. However, they have enough skill level to defeat the surprisingly steady Nashville Predators.

3) Vancouver Canucks vs 6) Los Angeles Kings: Canucks in six

Few teams were able to match the excitement and exuberance of the Kings this season, but they are in the same learning process the Penguins were in a few years back. There is that old saying that you have to lose before you can win, and for that reason, I feel they will lose out. That, and the fact that I love the system the Canucks are playing. They have a very solid defense, and an excellent offensive pressure. Right now it seems the Sedin twins will be unbeatable, and Kesler and Burrows provide some good toughness with an offensive flair.

4) Phoenix Coyotes vs 5) Detroit Red Wings: Red Wings in five

First off, let me start out by saying congratulations to Dave Tippett, for the job he did in Phoenix this season. He will win the Jack Adams Award for coach of the year, and deserves it more than anyone else. The job that Don Maloney was also able to do is outstanding. However, now that it is playoff time, I feel this Cinderella season will be coming to an end. The Wings are a group of battle hardened veterans who could win a playoff game in their sleep.

I agree with all of your picks.

I've got Detroit beating San Jose in the 2nd ROund and Van beating Chicago in the 2nd round setting up a Det/Van WCF. In the East I believe it will be Pittsburgh against Washington in the final.

112010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:25 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Colorado Avalanche
Detroit Red Wings

My picks for tonight OH YEAH!

Well I got 2 out of 4 picks correct Mad

122010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

In the West, I loved the results!

132010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:28 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:In the West, I loved the results!

I was happy with the Avs win, not so much with the Phoenix, although now I'm thinking a Van/Chi WCF.

142010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:31 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Montreal @ Washington and Boston @ Buffalo are on right now. yes

152010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah Backstrom!

162010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:03 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Backstrom has a great year, 101 points. He's dangerous.

172010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:45 am

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Nuck strike first blood. Bobby Lou made the save of his life!

182010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:43 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:Nuck strike first blood. Bobby Lou made the save of his life!

SWEEEET! Great save LUONGO!

192010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:23 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Preds/Hawks game on tonight. Can't freakin wait.

202010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Me-1

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Jump

212010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Save.
2010 NHL Playoffs Thread 26771_416582039415_505699415_5249051_5150673_n

222010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Pens beat the Sens! We got a series baby!! Flyers and Devils are tied going into the 3rd.

232010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Preds WIN!

242010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:34 am

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:Preds WIN!

unexpected to say the least. neutral

252010 NHL Playoffs Thread Empty Re: 2010 NHL Playoffs Thread Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:10 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thoughts on the huge hit? It's pretty brutal, the way his body goes limp almost instantly...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum