Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Anime are you Watching?

+27
Parallax_48
Zeroskull21
Hannibal king
Big Poppa Nick
TENIME_art
Spazzy
SexyToaster
Astro13Zombie
GigaToast
JessJupiter
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spider_Fan14
Denim
supervenom
shiky800
Airwolf
JRob
Gandicles
Lantern Lite
Batman25JM
J Nova
breatheasy
BlueMaxx
shining knight
Topcat
Ska
alucardbarnivous
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:17 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:The series.

I only watched the first few episodes and didn't like it too much. Preferred the OVA and animated film.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

27What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:18 am

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

I love rightstuff! They have some really good deals.

alucardbarnivous wrote:
breatheasy wrote:I'm also showing Street Fighter some love by re watching Street Fighter 2 V. Death note is also a nice gem, I can't wait for the whole box set to come out. A lot of people don't realize what an expensive hobby anime is, just about any DVD is around $20 bucks or more. You're better off downloading or buying box sets if you must have actual copies.

Best bets are to either wait for boxsets or for sales in December and January from places like RightStuf.com where DVDs are like $2 a pop. I get a lot of my anime on the cheap from AnotherHeaven.biz.

28What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last night I decided to start watching G Gundam again, from the beginning. It's been a couple of years since I've watched it. Man, I love it.

I need to rewatch a lot of my favorite anime shows. It's been a while since I've watched most of my favorites. This summer in addition to rewatching Dragon Ball, DBZ, and G Gundam I think I'll start watching Yu Yu Hakusho, InuYasha, Gundam Wing, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Gundam Seed again. Plus, I have a few seasons of Case Closed, Blech, and One Piece I haven't watched yet. Oh, and I have a TON of episodes of Naruto to watch (at least 150).

Lantern Lite wrote:
I have never seen Dragon Ball,

is the movie that is out worth the price of admission?

I don't know about the movie. I haven't seen it yet. The series is great. As much as I love DBZ I love Dragon Ball better. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves action, comedy and adventure.

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Have you seen the unofficial precursor Dragon Warrior?

I've never seen or heard of that. Does it have anything at all to do with Dragon Ball (like set in the same world)? Or is it just based off of Akira Toriyama's artwork?

alucardbarnivous wrote:
AFAIK, the live action film isn't out yet. However, the live action piece really shouldn't be compared to the animated series as they differ drastically. The film is more like a teen drama with martial arts (from the previews I've seen) while the animated series is very big budget breakneck action with over-the-top fighting. Also, Dragon Ball is a fantasy series involving magic, science, and martial arts mythology while Dragon Ball Z is a continuation of the series towards more action and less adventure. I know very little about Dragon Ball GT as I've heard very negative reviews of it except it tries to meld the worlds of Dragon Ball and DBZ together.

Yeah, I don't think the live action movie should be compared to the series (or the animated movies). From everything I've seen the live action movie is going to be quite different. It might use the same names and a general concept that is similar to the show, but it differs greatly. For one Goku had a bunch of adventures before Piccolo ever came into the picture. There are a TON of differences that I can tell just from the trailer and I don't want to go into them all right now.

DBGT wasn't that great. It wasn't god awful, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as DB or DBZ. The whole arc where they search for the Black Star Dragon Balls (which is what they labeled as the 'Lost Episodes' and part of the Baby saga) was the worst part of the series. If you can manage to get through that it gets a little better. The Super (Android) 17 saga was okay. It was probably my favorite part of the series. The Shadow Dragon Saga started of so so. It wasn't great, but not horrible. The last few episodes of the Saga got pretty good though. The last few dragons were pretty cool.

I didn't like some of what they did to the characters in DBGT. I won't spoil anything, but I think that Piccolo could have been handled better (he's my favorite character in the DB world). I hated the fact that they made Goku a kid again. That was just stupid. I will say that I liked the whole Super Saiyan 4 thing. While the look of the SS4 isn't my favorite SS look (my favorite is SS2). It was still pretty cool, and a nice little addition.

I think that fact that DBGT wasn't based off of Akira Toriyama's work was the main reason the show didn't feel right. I can't explain it, but even the parts of the series I liked felt wrong. The whole feel of DBGT is different from DB and DBZ. I would say though, if you are a fan of DB or DBZ to at least check out DBGT.

29What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:31 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My favorite DBZ characters are Piccolo, Tien, and Vegeta (in that order).

If memory serves, a lot of nods were put in Dragon Ball to Dragon Warrior. They're really not connected at all, but if you pay attention you can see a lot of stuff.

30What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:05 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Yeah, I don't think the live action movie should be compared to the series (or the animated movies). From everything I've seen the live action movie is going to be quite different. It might use the same names and a general concept that is similar to the show, but it differs greatly. For one Goku had a bunch of adventures before Piccolo ever came into the picture. There are a TON of differences that I can tell just from the trailer and I don't want to go into them all right now.

DBGT wasn't that great. It wasn't god awful, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near as good as DB or DBZ. The whole arc where they search for the Black Star Dragon Balls (which is what they labeled as the 'Lost Episodes' and part of the Baby saga) was the worst part of the series. If you can manage to get through that it gets a little better. The Super (Android) 17 saga was okay. It was probably my favorite part of the series. The Shadow Dragon Saga started of so so. It wasn't great, but not horrible. The last few episodes of the Saga got pretty good though. The last few dragons were pretty cool.

I didn't like some of what they did to the characters in DBGT. I won't spoil anything, but I think that Piccolo could have been handled better (he's my favorite character in the DB world). I hated the fact that they made Goku a kid again. That was just stupid. I will say that I liked the whole Super Saiyan 4 thing. While the look of the SS4 isn't my favorite SS look (my favorite is SS2). It was still pretty cool, and a nice little addition.

I think that fact that DBGT wasn't based off of Akira Toriyama's work was the main reason the show didn't feel right. I can't explain it, but even the parts of the series I liked felt wrong. The whole feel of DBGT is different from DB and DBZ. I would say though, if you are a fan of DB or DBZ to at least check out DBGT.

Everyone realizes that there was a live-action Dragon Ball movie before this one that basically did the same thing with lack of F/X.
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Peli_coreana_14
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 DBTMB-The_CharactersNames were altered to original form. Like Goku is Monkey Boy.
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 DBTMB-The_Villains
In the middle, King Horn is a nod to Pilaf most likely.

Anyways, DBGT was pretty weak. It had moments, but it wasn't done very well it seemed. If you compare the grain of the vid or animation (?) to DBZ, it actually looks more dated. The storytelling is ADD. I think they tried to go away from the whole Drag-On Ball Z ridicule, but ended up failing. I will say the final story was okay. With all the dragons. Oh, and the final episode made me all gitty even though I hadn't watched almost the whole series. But, honestly, I thought DBZ should've ended with the Frieza Saga. But, I get the reason for Cell (loose ends in Dragonball), and even Buu, the manifestation of all evil incarnated into a single being and to destroy makes you beyond a hero. Fine. Whatever. But DBGT was for cash.

31What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:13 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I try to forget about that film. Laughing

32What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:36 am

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

No offense but if you only watched a few episodes and didn't really like it and prefer the OVA; you are really missing out. I say that because I am an old school Guyver fan. The OVA started out with promise. But it really strayed far from the story canon. Some characters that were meant to have more depth were killed off or just plain shallow. To add insult to injury; the OVA animation really went down hill after the 1st (short season). It was like all the production values got swept under the rug. And the animated film was nice but it suffered from from too much reused animation towards the end. The new series is a nostalgic breath of fresh air. It is up to date. Stories are the closest to the original manga thus far. Characters have more dept(Guyver 2 especially got a nice makeover). The production values were very good. All I'm saying is watch more than a few episodes. Don't get me wrong I really appreciate the old OVA and animated series, they paved the way for fans to experience character and his universe. But it was not really done with the creator of guyver behind it 100%. The new one is very fateful to the creator and the fans alike. I just hope we see a season 2 some day...

alucardbarnivous wrote:
Gandicles wrote:The series.

I only watched the first few episodes and didn't like it too much. Preferred the OVA and animated film.

33What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:11 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We started watching Queen's Blade Friday in our club and everyone loves it. We also started watching the new Mazinger series and that went over real well, too.

34What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:13 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I forgot to mention this, I just rewatched Outlaw Star for the 5th time in my life about a month and a half ago. It never gets old. Fantastic series.

(I keep saying this, but I need to get Angel Links for completion.)

35What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:07 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Everyone realizes that there was a live-action Dragon Ball movie before this one that basically did the same thing with lack of F/X.
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Peli_coreana_14
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 DBTMB-The_CharactersNames were altered to original form. Like Goku is Monkey Boy.
What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 DBTMB-The_Villains
In the middle, King Horn is a nod to Pilaf most likely.

I've never seen that movie. I've heard about it, but there is no way in hell I'll ever watch it.

36What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You can see it for free on youtube if that entices interest? I've been meaning to watch it. Seems pretty funny.

Here's the beginning with part 1 of 9.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX38JOO1lTY

37What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

currently watching

Don't get too excited its basically a recut of the original z with all the staring cut out

38What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:08 pm

JRob

JRob
Cadet
Cadet

Right now... Catchin up on Bleach, yeah I read the manga anyway, but there's just some things I want to see MOVING!

http://www.twistedjrob.com

39What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:13 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Finished Guyver.

Currently watching Blassreiter.

40What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gandicles wrote:Finished Guyver.

Is that any good? I've been wanting to check it out.

41What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Gandicles wrote:Finished Guyver.

Is that any good? I've been wanting to check it out.

I liked it. If you like, I can send you a link to the torrent I downloaded - it's all 26 episodes of the english dub.

42What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

About to finish Blassreiter. I started watching the new series of Fullmetal Alchemist.

43What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We've been watching Queen's Blade, True Mazinger Impact! Z Chapter, The Conquering King of the Heavens: Fist of the North Star Raoh's Story, and Sengoku Basara in club. All are quite good. We've also been watching BaSquash!, but I don't like it all that much. I started watching They Are My Noble Masters today and have really been liking it.

44What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri May 01, 2009 9:56 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

last saw gundam 00 - awesome awesome awesome

watching code geass currently

waiting for - gundam unicorn (winter 2009)

45What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri May 01, 2009 12:03 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Unicorn? Laughing

46What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri May 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

come chhhharrlie - to candy mountain!! haha

i really should watch that while high or something

but i was talking about :

ok not this exact one but the same people that did gundam 00 (art style) - will be doing a full out series Smile - i am soooooo excited about this! UC is back baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=805CTRfZYh4&feature=related

u see g-gundam on your sig - i would assume you know what i was talking about :S

47What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri May 01, 2009 12:18 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like about two Gundam series. Laughing

48What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Fri May 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ive seen all but 2 series!

F91 and V-gundam (victory gundam) which apparently were the worst out of the set - lol - soommmee dayyy *shakes fist in the air

49What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like G, W, and MS 08th.

50What Anime are you Watching? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Anime are you Watching? Sun May 03, 2009 2:35 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

naruto, one piece and i might give bleach a shot

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum