Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors

+5
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
Nymn
jaydee74
rwe1138
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought issue #3 was amazing. I couldn't have loved it more. Honestly, this is my favorite GL book right now.

27Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:24 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I thought issue #3 was amazing. I couldn't have loved it more. Honestly, this is my favorite GL book right now.
It was quite amazing. I'm jazzed to see what happens when the shit hits the fan.

28Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:29 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I thought issue #3 was amazing. I couldn't have loved it more. Honestly, this is my favorite GL book right now.
It was quite amazing. I'm jazzed to see what happens when the shit hits the fan.

You know what shows this is good writing - even though there was a little bit of action, the fact is this issue was nearly completely exposition. That should be boring but it wasn't in the slightest! I loved it and Pasarin's work on this book is just terrific - I never knew he was this good.

Here's a question - why should Atrocitus care if anyone is draining the GL's power? They're assuming it's Sodam Yat but no matter who I'm not sure why he'd care. So I think there's still more to this than meets the eye.

29Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:15 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh yeah. There has to be more. I'm wondering if power is being drained from the Green Lanterns, can the other Corps be in danger of having the same thing happen to them as well?

30Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Oh yeah. There has to be more. I'm wondering if power is being drained from the Green Lanterns, can the other Corps be in danger of having the same thing happen to them as well?
Yeah that's probably what Atrocitus is concerned about.

31Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta think that's what it is as well.

32Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:55 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#4 was good stuff. Loved Guy's interrogation technique.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

33Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:19 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#4 was good stuff. Loved Guy's interrogation technique.

Breathable. Un-Breathable. Laughing

34Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:07 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Agreed. And Sodam's new direction can't bode well for the inevitable reunion with Arisa

35Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:10 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It should be a very interesting reunion between the two. I am so curious to see how that's all going to go down. I'm also really liking Guy in a way I never thought I would. He's interesting under Tomasi's writing. I love this book

36Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GL:EW #4

Yep I'm loving this book too. In fact, I think I'm enjoying it more than the main title which isn't a surprise seeing I often enjoyed Tomasi's GL Corps more than the main title too.

I've got to say they've really taken me by surprise with Sodam Yat's almost religious like turn. I guess when you think about it being inside a sun for a while might give you a different perspective on things!

This villain is looking increasingly ominous and powerful. Great build-up. I really don't know what kind of defence the GLs will have against someone with vast psychic powers. I think they're going to be in serious trouble.

And isn't Fernando Pasarin killing it on the art. I think his work, while stylised with the figures, is really looking fantastic. Some of his scenes, particularly with characters' faces, were just beautifully done. And a big nod to the colourist/s too - the work done with green and red tinges to the backgrounds may have been unnoticed by some people but I thought it was particularly well done. I've always said these GL books have been great for the colourists.

37Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This book is....I can't think of anything wrong with it. This book is just perfect. I love you

38Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #4

So good, just so damn good. So much happened in this issue, and it was all fantastic. This is definitely my favorite GL book on stands right now, and one of my favorite comics in general.

jaydee74 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:#4 was good stuff. Loved Guy's interrogation technique.

Breathable. Un-Breathable. Laughing

That was awesome.

39Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i have to say this book is ok but there is no need for a third green lantern book per month

40Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm fine with there being 3 GL books. There are so many GLs and each book is focusing on a different group with a different mission. It's not like the Batman books were there are like 4 all starring the same character.

41Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:16 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Yeah, as long as all three focus on different things, I'm fine with it.

42Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:44 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Yeah, as long as all three focus on different things, I'm fine with it.
I'm more than fine with it and I love three glorious Green Lantern books.

43Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#5 was good. Guy's flashback and Kilowog getting emotional were standouts for me.

44Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This issue was fantastic. I love this book. The group in this book is awesome. Kilowog's emotional response to what happened in this issue was fantastic and the flashback Guy had at the end was so freaking outstanding. I loved it so much and can't wait for the next issue.

45Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:30 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:This issue was fantastic. I love this book. The group in this book is awesome. Kilowog's emotional response to what happened in this issue was fantastic and the flashback Guy had at the end was so freaking outstanding. I loved it so much and can't wait for the next issue.

Yep, this is definitely my favourite GL book. Everything was great and I'm loving Pasarin's art more and more - I think he really draws great faces - gives everyone an individual look. This is a great group of characters and it works really well having this small little team. Also I think Tomasi is building a very interesting (and powerful) villain here. As usual I think he is the underrated writer/architect of the GL world.

46Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:18 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #5

Oh my god, so freakin' good. The art was phenomenal, and the story/writing was just as good.

This is hands down my favorite GL book.

47Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:01 pm

EireJack

EireJack
Cadet
Cadet

I'm on the fence about the main villain there's something cheesy about him. Otherwise, I am digging this read, it'll be interesting where the Yat story line goes

48Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:25 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#6 was solid. The stuff with Yat is quite interesting. Bleez's way on eliminating the guards was badass. Loved the Butch Cassidy reference. Figures that'd be one of Guy's favorite movies. I'm fulling expecting 'Wog & Arisia to come to the rescue next issue.

Huh, just thought of something. I wonder if Zardor is connected to Despero. Zardor is from Kralok, Despero is from Kalanor. Kinda similar names there. Both are big, red, telepathic and have the forehead-eye thing going for them. Hmm...

49Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote: I'm fulling expecting 'Wog & Arisia to come to the rescue next issue.

Agreed. Though I suspect it's because they somehow pick up on Yat's energy signature rather that a change of heart for Guy.

Huh, just thought of something. I wonder if Zardor is connected to Despero. Zardor is from Kralok, Despero is from Kalanor. Kinda similar names there. Both are big, red, telepathic and have the forehead-eye thing going for them. Hmm...

I was thinking something similar. Plus, both are interstellar conqueror's so maybe they were rivals as well..

50Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 2 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:21 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This book continues to have me so freaking jazzed for all things Green Lantern. I can't wait to see what happens next.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum