Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors

+5
Aussiemandias
Batman25JM
Nymn
jaydee74
rwe1138
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GL: Emerald Warriors #6

I can't say much more than how damn good this comic is each and every issue. It deserves to be outselling GL Corps every month in my opinion. Fernando Pasarin is absolutely killing it on the art!

Guy and Bleez really are the ultimate odd couple - Guy's in trouble at the moment but I can see her helping him out plus, as others have said, I'm sure Kilowog and Arisia will help save the day too. Damn Kilowog looked ugly on that front page! Also, I can certainly see Killowog and Arisia's problem with Guy holding back the info from there - when you think about it, it doesn't totally make complete sense.

rwe1138 wrote:
Huh, just thought of something. I wonder if Zardor is connected to Despero. Zardor is from Kralok, Despero is from Kalanor. Kinda similar names there. Both are big, red, telepathic and have the forehead-eye thing going for them. Hmm...

Admittedly I'm colour blind but I'm sure Zardor is blue.

52Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:00 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Here's the question and while it doesn't make sense for Guy not to tell Kilowog and Arisia, I wonder if they would have gone with him in the first place if they actually knew what his mission was.

53Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:18 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Here's the question and while it doesn't make sense for Guy not to tell Kilowog and Arisia, I wonder if they would have gone with him in the first place if they actually knew what his mission was.

Definitely agree with you and they may well not have. The thing is, it doesn't totally make sense to me and Kilowog and Arisia certainly didn't like it, but the key is the character (Guy) thought it was the right thing to do. And maybe he made a mistake or maybe he didn't but it seems right for him and that's what makes it good writing and the characters real. They make mistakes and don't all act and think the same - much more interesting than every character being on the same page and finishing each others' sentences as you see in some books.

54Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's the great thing about the Green Lantern Corps is that each member would have handled the situation differently and we know that if Hal or Kyle or John were in this situation, they would have handled things differently. Guy is Guy. He does things that the other Earth Lanterns would not even consider doing but at the same time, he's been tempered to a point where he doesn't come off as a dick like he did in the 80's and 90's. I honestly love the character so much more than I had ever thought I could possibly love the character.

55Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:It's the great thing about the Green Lantern Corps is that each member would have handled the situation differently and we know that if Hal or Kyle or John were in this situation, they would have handled things differently. Guy is Guy. He does things that the other Earth Lanterns would not even consider doing but at the same time, he's been tempered to a point where he doesn't come off as a dick like he did in the 80's and 90's. I honestly love the character so much more than I had ever thought I could possibly love the character.

He's grown up and changed for the better while at the same time remaining true to his original hotheadedness and character. This is extremely rare in comics. It's not a case of new writers years later just not getting the character right and thereby changing him. This character has actually grown. I don't think this has happened a lot in the history of comics. That may be a complete overstatement but I honestly can't think of too many characters that have organically grown like this the same way a real person might.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total

56Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Totally agree with you guys

57Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #6

Damn it I LOVE this book!!!

I agree with everything that has been said about it.

This is hands down my favorite GL book, and one of my favorite books period.

58Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #7

Holy Hell in a Hand Basket! This issue rocked. Loved it so much. Tomasi is now my second favorite writer behind Johns.

59Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:39 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ What I've learned from this issue: "Don't f*** with Guy" Laughing

60Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #7

So damn good!!! I really don't have anything else to say other than the usual. This is my favorite GL book, one of my favorite books on the stand, and Tomasi has made Guy my favorite GL.

61Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #7

Holy Hell in a Hand Basket! This issue rocked. Loved it so much. Tomasi is now my second favorite writer behind Johns.

LordD3r3k wrote:^ What I've learned from this issue: "Don't f*** with Guy" Laughing

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors #7

So damn good!!! I really don't have anything else to say other than the usual. This is my favorite GL book, one of my favorite books on the stand, and Tomasi has made Guy my favorite GL.

Yep!!! Issue #7 was outstanding, the best issue of this series so far and one of the best all out action issues of a comic I've read in a long time. This is, without a doubt, my favourite GL book. Sorry, Geoff Johns, but I'm enjoying this more!

Guy scooping out Zardor's eye was just a fantastic moment!!!! That being said, Zardor fighting on after that was pretty impressive also.

Fernando Pasarin is absolutely killing it on the art. It's just superb. He is NOT allowed to leave this book!

62Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Agreed. Great issue.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

63Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:07 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Fernando Pasarin is absolutely killing it on the art. It's just superb. He is NOT allowed to leave this book!

QFT!!

64Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:51 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ What I've learned from this issue: "Don't f*** with Guy" Laughing
You only realized that bit of important information with THIS issue?! Laughing Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum