Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Being Human

+15
SexyToaster
Heytherejeffro
Bigtymin504
Jherek
shining knight
Janson
jaydee74
Batman25JM
FroZen
Joshua
comicgeekelly
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
melvinlikechris
Little_Goblyn
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Being Human Empty Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

Being Human is an upcoming remake of a originally British supernatural drama television series to be broadcast on Space in Canada and on Syfy in the U.S. It is being produced by Muse in Montreal and is based on the British show of the same name made by the BBC.[3] The series revolves around three roommates who appear to be in their twenties, who try to live normal lives despite being a ghost, a vampire, and a werewolf.[4]

On June 28, Entertainment Weekly reported that actor Sam Witwer had signed on to play the vampire Aidan in the remake, and that Meaghan Rath had signed to play the ghost Sally with Sam Huntington close to a deal to play the werewolf Josh.[5] On July 7, it was announced that Lost and Supernatural alumnus Mark Pellegrino would be joining the cast as "Aidan’s charismatic but menacing mentor Bishop".[6]

The show premieres on Monday, 17 January at 9/8c. I have been looking at all the promo for the show from the SyFy site: http://www.syfy.com/beinghuman/?__source=Ignited_Being_Human&WT.srch=Akamai

I'm actually kind of excited for this show. The part from the commercial I loved the most was when the werewolf character said, "we'll invite the neighbors over and eat them." Just from the commercials and promos I have seen makes this show look like it has real potential.

So does anyone think they'll be watching this on Monday?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

2Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lame

3Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:32 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've just started watching the second season of the British version. I really really enjoy it. I'll give the remake a shot, but SciFi's track record with programming is pretty abysmal, so I'm not holding out high hopes.

While that trailer looks like it might capture the same vibe as the British one (George seems pretty spot on from the trailer), I really don't like that they copped out on wardrobe and pretty much copied costumes.

4Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugggg....I ranted about this on Nerd Girls Eye View podcast. I hate americanized British tv. I absolutely love Being Human and SyFy has taken it and I know they will destroy it...I have no faith in SyFy.

I hate the fact that the promo ads make Mitchell look like a Twilight reject and the guy that plays George I really don't like and Annie well she is not my Annie.

Ohhh and by the way Annie will be called Sally, Mitchell will be called Aidan and George will be called Josh.

shake my head shake my head shake my head shake my head shake my head

Sorry I am a bit bitter about this...stay calm and carry on Laughing

5Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck this remake.

That is all.

6Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did SyFy take it, or did the makers of the British original sell it to SyFy? There is great distinction between the two.

7Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still plan to reserve judgment till I actually see it. I detest SciFi ever since they made the mistake of canceling Farscape, but I personally have no problem with shows from other countries being made for American audiences.

8Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:04 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really liked the original british series...I have my doubts that the Syfy remake will be as good. I'll watch the first couple episodes unless there's something better on.

9Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:26 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I may give it a shot. I'm still pissed at Syfy for canceling Stargate Universe (as well as Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis), but whatever.

I've never seen the original, and I don't care to. I'm not a fan of British television.

This show looks semi interesting. We'll see. If I have time I'll check it out.

10Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:42 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I may give it a shot. I'm still pissed at Syfy for canceling Stargate Universe (as well as Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis), but whatever.

I've never seen the original, and I don't care to. I'm not a fan of British television.

Give the original a view I can guarantee it is better than the SyFy version. Wink

11Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Give the original a view I can guarantee it is better than the SyFy version. Wink

Considering it hasn't even aired yet, that's kinda impossible. tongue

12Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will give this a shot. I have the British version on my que in Netflix so I am not going into this show with preconceived notions. I know that this show is going to have differences than the British version and eventually I'll watch both versions. I'm not a huge fan of Americanized versions of British shows but then again, I am also going to check out the MTV version of Skins just to see what that's going to be like. I want to like it.

13Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

We could treat it like a Silver Age story. Jimmy Olsen becomes a werewolf and moves in with Doomsday, who happens to be a vampire, but wait there's a ga-ga-a-Gah-Ghost!

14Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gojiratoho wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Considering it hasn't even aired yet, that's kinda impossible. tongue
hug

15Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:44 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and on another note series 3 of the original starts in the uk soonish

16Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I think you guys get it Jan. 23. No idea when it's coming over here though.

17Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Being Human the UK original was one of the best sci-fi fantasy shows on British TV of the last few years (and yes I'm counting Doctor Who!). Don't hold out much hope for the US version as you guys have a bit of a track record for taking Brit hits and watering them down. (and yes I'm counting The Office!)

If you Anglophiles wanna get in on the ground floor of a fantastic series try out MISFITS. I don't know where you'll find it but I'm sure some of you more resourceful dudes will track it down. It's a kinda cross between the cool bits from Skins and Heroes. Nuff said!

18Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:and on another note series 3 of the original starts in the uk soonish

Quit rubbing it in Mad Wink

Jherek wrote:Being Human the UK original was one of the best sci-fi fantasy shows on British TV of the last few years (and yes I'm counting Doctor Who!). Don't hold out much hope for the US version as you guys have a bit of a track record for taking Brit hits and watering them down. (and yes I'm counting The Office!)

If you Anglophiles wanna get in on the ground floor of a fantastic series try out MISFITS. I don't know where you'll find it but I'm sure some of you more resourceful dudes will track it down. It's a kinda cross between the cool bits from Skins and Heroes. Nuff said!

I have heard good things about Misfits. I think sidereel.com has some episodes.

19Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:55 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I may give it a shot. I'm still pissed at Syfy for canceling Stargate Universe (as well as Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis), but whatever.

It could very well end up being much better than the American version, but I just don't like British TV shows. They don't work for me.

20Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:22 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it the accent?

21Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:35 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, I don't mind the accents in general. I mean, just like any other voice some annoy me, some are fine, and some are cool. I just don't get British humor, and the cultural differences can also occasionally get to me too.

Also, there is something about the way its shot. Everything on the BBC just looks off.

I like a lot of British actors, writers, and directors, but I can't watch British television (or movies).

22Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:38 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've heard other people say that before too. I can see how it looks a bit different, but it's nevered bothered me.

23Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's never bothered me either. In some instances, I like certain British shows better than American shows.

24Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:37 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

I have never seen the original show, but from the episode I just watched tonight, I found I actually liked it. Sam Witwer really does have the appearance for a vampire character, with him being naturally pale. I've only ever seen him in small time work as some background character, or as a video game character.

Spoiler:
This show will stay on my DVR recording list for now. Smile

Last edited by Little_Goblyn on Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got sobered up to finish typing comment)

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

25Being Human Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:20 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might check this out eventually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum