Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Being Human

+15
SexyToaster
Heytherejeffro
Bigtymin504
Jherek
shining knight
Janson
jaydee74
Batman25JM
FroZen
Joshua
comicgeekelly
Spaced4SimonPegg
Gojiratoho
melvinlikechris
Little_Goblyn
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:31 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have it DVRed this show and MTV's Skins but probably won't get to it until the weekend.

27Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Little_Goblyn wrote:
Spoiler:

There's no real explaination, Annie (in the Brit version) is introduced as already living with the guys, and she can manipulate objects and be seen and heard by the living. This changes as the show and characters develop. I kind of like the progression thus far.

I saw the pilot last night and I dug it. The comedy from the Brit version is toned down a bit, and a more Western slant on each creature's abilities has been applied (Aidan doesn't forgo blood entirely, he lives off the blood bank at the hospital, Josh has heightened senses even as a human, and Sally can't physically move things or be seen/heard by the living). I will say this, Josh is far, far less annoying than George in the Brit version. I like George, he's my favorite character, but I hate his voice.

I like that Mark Pellegrino (Jacob from Lost) is playing Bishop, the head Vampire, but I think his character lacks the charm that Herrick (Brit counterpart) had. Herrick was very much an outgoing, calm, likeable guy (despite being the Season 1 baddie) and you got that vibe from the first meeting with him. I'm definitely going to watch this series (and with a 13 episode first season, that'll give me almost as many episodes as 2 seasons of the Brit version).

I'm curious to see where they'll take the show, but from previews I can already see many of the story elements from Season 1 of the Brit version are going to pop up in the US version.

28Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll be damned...that actually wasn't half bad for a pilot of a UK remake. I may give it a few more episodes since it looks like they're sticking to the original storyline from the UK version.

29Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched it last night. I am going to save my review for The Nerd Girls Eye View podcast episode 8 since I had a rant about it on episode 7 Laughing

30Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

comicgeekelly wrote:I've heard other people say that before too. I can see how it looks a bit different, but it's nevered bothered me.

I grew up watching both US and UK television and films and this is my theory of why some people need remakes. I think it's the little things we take for granted, things like how in the US pretty much everyone knows what a Safeway,ballpark, the boonies, hush puppy, zucchini all mean, but in the UK these words are not used often or at all and only known by a few people. The same goes for words used in the UK, a lot of Americans have no idea what they mean. So even if they like the idea of the show they can't understand it. Now if you grew up with words from both places it's easier for you to follow in the first place and my not understand the point behind "translating" it. Like how in the first episode of The Office (US) they use the word Jell-O insteand of jelly, because most people in the US think of jelly as something completely different.

Well that's my theory take it or leave it. I'm gonna watch the first episode on Hulu now.

31Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:08 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked it.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

32Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I watched it last night. I am going to save my review for The Nerd Girls Eye View podcast episode 8 since I had a rant about it on episode 7 Laughing
Now that should be an interesting segment.

33Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:29 pm

SexyToaster

SexyToaster
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I watched a few episodes of the british version, I think if I had seen it a few years ago I would have liked it but I am just so fucking sick of the Paranormal genre, there is just too much of it out there, it no longer holds an interest for me.

34Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It does seem like the "flavor of the moment" to me but this seems like an interesting take on the supernatural genre.

35Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:00 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Yes I like the old school folklore style it has. The vampires don't burst into flames in the sunlight and clouds blocking the moon doesn't alter the werewolf, which was added to the legends for film btw. But it also has a classic Gothic feel, the tortured soul trying to live with being a monster, throw Bruce Banner in there and it'd be top shelf.

36Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really hope the characters abilities grow and change like in the Brit show.

37Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:21 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I liked it, I'll continue watching it.

38Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:43 am

Sinister Dolphin

Sinister Dolphin
Cadet
Cadet

I didn't have high expectations for it, and was pleasantly surprised. I'll be watching next week.

39Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:45 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My Mini review of Being Human

40Being Human - Page 2 Empty Sam Witwer interview Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

I keep seeing interviews for Sam Witwer and I like that he realizes that many of the fans wont like the show, and he has accepted it.

http://collider.com/sam-witwer-interview-being-human/70634/

A quote from the interview:

With the original series being so popular, do you think it helps the show that it already has a built-in interest, or is it more nerve-wracking because you have something you actually have to live up to?

WITWER: People think of the Battlestar Galactica remake as one of the best television series ever made. If you take away the sci-fi, it’s still one of the best series ever made. No one remembers that, when that show came out, there was a tremendous backlash and everyone was saying, “Oh, it’s stupid. Starbuck is a girl now. What is all this?” Everyone was really angry, at the time, because of the original series. We’re going to get something similar, when we air. At least, that’s my prediction, but I could be wrong. There are going to be a lot of people who just talk shit, and they’re going to be very angry that this was done in a North American way at all. I’m more concerned with what people are going to be saying a year from now, or half a year from now, once it’s settled in a bit. My feeling on it is that I don’t think people are going to not enjoy the show that we’re making. It’s up to them to decide whether the British version is better or worse. We owe the BBC version and the cast, crew and creators involved, a tremendous debt of gratitude because we have this goldmine that we can just use to mine from. We have 13 episodes to do what they did in 6, and we have all these wonderful opportunities, and that’s because of their hard work and talent. being-human-image

What I hope is that, if we’re successful, that helps them. That’s going to bring a bigger audience to them than they ever would have had alone, and I don’t think there’s anyone that could dispute that. And, the good news for them is that, if we go out there and fail miserably, they’re still going to be as popular, if not more popular, than they were before. I think it’s a big win-win for the British series. For us, it would be nice to say that we can count on the British audience coming over to us, but I don’t think we can. I just don’t think they’re going to readily accept it that quickly. You’re going to see people playing, not the same characters, but versions of the characters that they know and love, and they’re going to have a hard time accepting that, and that’s fine. Don’t tune in, if you really think it’s going to be that terrible. But, the simple fact of the matter is that nothing that we’re doing is going to negate what the British series has done.

The British series is already there. It’s done. If you want to experience a very, very similar story from a different perspective, and you loved the British series, then tune in. The fact of the matter is that the two shows, from what I could tell in the one episode that I saw, are very different and the characterizations are different. You can’t just hand a British script to American actors and have that come off. We go in different places with the plots, and we go into more detail on some of the things because we have the luxury of time. We have completely different concepts on these three people, so for that reason alone, it’s worth watching. You get completely different perspectives on the same issues. But, it will be whatever it is. I can’t wait to watch and support the British series. They really deserve the lion’s share of the credit for this concept. If we’re successful, we owe them tremendous gratitude and thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.reichl

41Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:47 pm

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

so watched an episode, of this...Dig it. Watching it. It's got some good elements here. Wouldn't mind seeing just a touch more humor, but it's still a great show.

42Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugh. Haven't watched it yet. I have the episodes on DVR and plan to watch them this weekend. I can't believe I've been this busy but it's on my to-do list.

43Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I finally saw the first two episodes. I gotta say I enjoyed them.

44Being Human - Page 2 Empty Something to Watch Over Me Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:12 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

I'm really liking the show. I didn't think I would like it at first because the whole vampire thing being over done, but this show is actually pretty good. I like how Aiden explained why vamps can go out in the sun now.

45Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:39 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking forward to watching episode 3.

46Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:05 am

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

The best lone from todays episode, "why are you dress like a douche bag?" Laughing

47Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:52 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really enjoying this show. I didn't think I'd like it since I really liked the UK version but this one is pretty spot on. THe only thing I don't like is I remember the UK season 1 too well and already know what's going to happen (for the most part). When Josh met Ray last night I was all "No man...don't trust him...he's a dick!" Laughing

48Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:12 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This show continues to impress me. I'm liking the characters and the story. I also made a discovery that they have a Superman connection and some other geek cred. Sam Huntingon who plays Josh also played Jimmy Olsen in Superman Returns. He was also in Fanboys Sam Witwer who plays Aidan also played Davis Bloom. (aka Doomsday) He also voice Starkiller in the Force Unleashed games and he voice the character of The Son in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

49Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:47 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aidan Turner (Mitchell from the UK version) is going to play one of the dwarves in The Hobbit.

50Being Human - Page 2 Empty Re: Being Human Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Little_Goblyn

Little_Goblyn
Pirate
Pirate

FroZen wrote:I'm really enjoying this show. I didn't think I'd like it since I really liked the UK version but this one is pretty spot on. THe only thing I don't like is I remember the UK season 1 too well and already know what's going to happen (for the most part). When Josh met Ray last night I was all "No man...don't trust him...he's a dick!" Laughing
Even without seeing the original I can tell Ray is a bad guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum