Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman and Robin

+29
Bigtymin504
azrael07
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
The Ignored One
Kainless
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Chi-Town Spidey
Mnemosis
Brian Cunningham
Thundermatts
melvinlikechris
shining knight
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Debaser77
Lee
Fresh03
Administrator
Esbat
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 14]

176Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:09 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Awesome stuff McLovin! I mean McNasty....no, really...bravo.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

177Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks guys. I can't take all the credit but it seemed like shame for me not to share this stuff. Glad you all enjoyed it. Very Happy

178Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Robin - Page 8 Batman10

Ghost train ride (previous page), rabitt holes (check blackest night thread with Joker and his comment), alien interventions (that dastardly Darkseid).....I want to sit in on DC's meetings when they plan these things. It's glorious. Laughing

179Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Something else interesting I came across:

Batman and Robin - Page 8 The_be10

The beast prophesized to kill Batwoman was a giant devil with Bat-wings. Didn't she "die" recently? By Dick? Hurm....I wonder if the crime bible has anything else to offer.

Also, there's so much stuff involving "Midnight". Even other stories...

Batman and Robin - Page 8 Midnig10
Look, a man-bat! I hear they have exceptional hearing....

It's worth pointing out that Gotham After Midnight features a villain who:
* Rips out people's hearts
* Looks a lot like Oberon Sexton
* Has access to a mind-controlling virus with no origin
Spoiler:
* Quotes poems by Poe about a city where Death has made his home in relationship to this same site.
* Have a M.O. completely inconsistent with his/her motives.

People have said it's a coincidence, then they concede that it lines up nicely with many theories, especially the ones involving "midnight" as a theme:
"the Joker was created at Midnight, re-created at midnight, Barbatos was summoned at Midnight, Batseid [Darkseid's bat-clone] was summoned at midnight...Midnight is such a common narrative shorthand for evil or ominous portent that some of that is just meaningless noise...but midnight has been turning up 3-4 time more often than it "should" in the last couple years in the Bat-titles. SOME of those obviously mean something. And so for a series named 'Gotham after Midnight...'"

Batman and Robin - Page 8 Clues-10

That's all, for now......*X-Files theme plays* Suspect

180Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And something I found online. It was a fun read:

Batman and Robin - Page 8 Qwewq10

And suddenly, I can see forever. stoned hippie Rock n\' Stoned Laughing

181Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:26 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dude. You're blowing my mind with all of this stuff. Awesome. bow

182Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:49 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Also, maybe this is something new but did Grant make up the Jason being a redhead or was that something that was mentioned before? I actually like this revelation and it gives Jason a bit more reason to be bitter.

It's been mentioned before long ago

183Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:03 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

After reading this issue I was looking for the "Dedicated to Batman25JM" tag lol.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

184Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:02 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Ignored One wrote:After reading this issue I was looking for the "Dedicated to Batman25JM" tag lol.

I thought of him while reading it as well Laughing

185Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Robin - Page 8 12706711

Laughing

I was going to do a dance when i recognized the names from demonology, then Oberon Sexton had to go and steal my thunder. Laughing

All this talk of Bruce's father and forefathers seems like it is moving towards a theme of sins of the father. How fitting when Deathstroke and Darkseid are involved. Twisted Evil

186Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:40 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know them as well, I had the Satanic Bible (someone borrowed it and never returned it) and I have a book on Demonology Smile

And Deathstroke is one of my favorite DC villains so yay for that.

187Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't hate issue #11. I wasn't overjoyed, but I wasn't fuming.

I'm glad they mentioned Bruce's possible knowledge of the secret passages.

I still say that after the quake he'd inspect EVERYTHING, even the parts that weren't thought to be effected, but at least they addressed it.

The Ignored One wrote:After reading this issue I was looking for the "Dedicated to Batman25JM" tag lol.

you're gonna get it

Laughing

188Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:35 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman & Robin #11

My favorite comic book series comes through again. The plot thickens...

4/5 Puritan Waynes

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

189Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #11 is up on the main site. I'm still intrigued.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=21692

190Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The inclusion of Deathstroke makes my tingly bits happy

191Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:33 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Dude. You're blowing my mind with all of this stuff. Awesome. bow

Thanks! Wink

LordD3r3k wrote:The inclusion of Deathstroke makes my tingly bits happy

Yeah, that was nice. I was glad that an enemy from Dick's past has shown up. The rivalry and enemity between Slade and Dick has always been an interesting one. That said, some interesting things:

Spoiler:
Suspect

That said, alot of people note that the statue kind of resembles Darkseid (his face) but I think that's something of a stretch. Who knows? Laughing

192Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:13 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Definitely a mouth, nice catch Wade. Almost as definitely not Darkseid, nice stretch everyone else.

193Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:11 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:The inclusion of Deathstroke makes my tingly bits happy
Same here. I love the team-up of sorts with Talia and Deathstroke.

194Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:03 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/04/14/return-of-bruce-wayne-grant-morrison-interview/

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/04/14/grant-morrison-batman-and-robin/

http://io9.com/5517352/grant-morrisons-philosophy-of-comics

Morrison is making the rounds. It seems that he plans on delving into Bruce Wayne and making him more than "my parents are dead, I am the night". Personally, it seems like he is taking what Batman has been, and is expanding into a more intricate and evolved complex, thus allowing for evolution while maintaining his original mission. In short, I like where this is going.

195Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Last page:

Spoiler:

and now:

Spoiler:

Feels good, man. Laughing

196Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't hate issue #12. I had some problems with it (shocker I know), but I didn't think it was awful. I did however, HATE the reveal on the last page. I know most people are going to say that it was a nice twist, or that it is a cool development, but I just don't like it.

197Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 10:47 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Why don't you like the last page? Just curious.

People figured it was him, but it was still sweet. This is one of the top books out there for me. I loved it as usual.

198Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Why don't you like the last page? Just curious.

I don't know, it's hard to explain. It just feels wrong to me. Off somehow. don't know

199Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 11:52 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

::shrugs::

Didn't love it, but it's still better than FC

200Batman and Robin - Page 8 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed May 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:::shrugs::

Didn't love it, but it's still better than FC

QFT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum