Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman and Robin

+29
Bigtymin504
azrael07
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
The Ignored One
Kainless
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Chi-Town Spidey
Mnemosis
Brian Cunningham
Thundermatts
melvinlikechris
shining knight
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Debaser77
Lee
Fresh03
Administrator
Esbat
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love this book, it is one of the books that I look forward to the most.

27Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:25 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

B&R #6
Very good book. I loved how Dick acknowloedged all the stuff Todd has done over his lifetime. Too often people discount Todd because the Joker killed him. In any case, I liked the story overall and liked the ending as well. Maybe because it's Morrison, I know something big and grand is being set-up so it's fun to see it all coming together. Even though the plot is in it's infancy, one can see the pieces come together and see something grimly forming. Even more so, one can see how Todd's idelogical war with Dick will play a part in all of this, even if Todd is removed from the stage at this point. His chilling comments about it becoming worse, serves as great fortelling of the horror that faces Dick and Damian. In short, I liked this book. I also liked the art, though I would have preferred something cleaner, along the lines of RIP or the main Batman series.

28Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah pretty good. I thought the art was patchy though. Damian got shot five times but if you weren't careful you could easily have missed that from the way Tan drew it. Staying on the subject of Robin I'm wondering what Morrison has up his sleeve regarding Damian's paralysis and his being whisked away by 'Mom's paramedics' Knowing the Scots scribe this will play out way down the line in a way none of us could predict. I mean Babs got shot similarly in the spine by the Joker and has spent the last twenty years in a wheelchair so it would seem a little unfair if Damian's injuries just get magicked away.

Plus that final panel was ominous. 'Zurr En Arhh' ? A Bat Body? Blackest Knight? (that cracked me up btw) Batman and Robin - Page 2 29517

Oh and as to the Scottish/English/British debate, as an Englishman I hafta agree with Tomer and David. There is a difference. Think of it like the difference between the USA and Canada. Both in the Americas but different countries. Or to put it more simply try walking into a Glasgow pub on a Saturday night and calling any of the guys in there English and see how many teeth you have left after he's decked you. Batman and Robin - Page 2 334450

29Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:09 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 6 was very, very good. My only problem would be the art, which was not the best.

30Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:03 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Yeah pretty good. I thought the art was patchy though. Damian got shot five times but if you weren't careful you could easily have missed that from the way Tan drew it. Staying on the subject of Robin I'm wondering what Morrison has up his sleeve regarding Damian's paralysis and his being whisked away by 'Mom's paramedics' Knowing the Scots scribe this will play out way down the line in a way none of us could predict. I mean Babs got shot similarly in the spine by the Joker and has spent the last twenty years in a wheelchair so it would seem a little unfair if Damian's injuries just get magicked away.
Plus that final panel was ominous. 'Zurr En Arhh' ? A Bat Body? Blackest Knight? (that cracked me up btw) Batman and Robin - Page 2 29517

Oh and as to the Scottish/English/British debate, as an Englishman I hafta agree with Tomer and David. There is a difference. Think of it like the difference between the USA and Canada. Both in the Americas but different countries. Or to put it more simply try walking into a Glasgow pub on a Saturday night and calling any of the guys in there English and see how many teeth you have left after he's decked you. Batman and Robin - Page 2 334450

Personally, that would create a very interesting situation, considering that Dick is involved and was torn up about Babs situaton. The emotions that this new situation would invoke alone would be interesting and would further complicate the Dick and Damian dynamic (1+ INT for alliteration Laughing ). In any case, I do think that regardless, this should prove interesting and I'm looking forward to see how this all plays out. On that note, how long is this title going or how long is Morrison on it?

31Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:08 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought issue #6 was a great read. this book is a lot of fun. i like that they made it that jason's hair was really red and he has to make himself look like dick by dying it black. looking forward to seeing blackest night in the next issue. for some reason the next issue isn't on the list of comics that are blackest night tie-ins.

32Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Batman & Robin #6

This book went from the "very best book on the stands" to merely "enjoyable." The standards were set with the first arc, let's face it, and this following arc hasn't lived to those expectations. Not all the blame can be placed on Philip Tan. Grant Morrison hasn't captured the essence of the television show with more of a saddened, drama/noir approach over the sadistic comedy level in issues 1-3.

While Morrison's dialogue has tripped up a bit, so has Tan's pencils. Last issue we witnessed some pretty bad panels in terms of "camera" angles and "product" placement. Here, it's character depiction. As one other recent reader wrote on a comic forum: "...a character in this story was shot 5 times? Did I miss some panels or something?" For a moment so drastic, so dramatic, happen to one of the prime characters in this book, you'd think EVERYONE would make it a point to speak about this, or at least notice!

I'm not sure the direction this book is heading, I don't know what impact Jason Todd has made to the whole saga, I'm not sure is Scarlett will be remembered, and I'm not sure if "ahem" will ever recover from getting capped a buncha times. Not being sure of all these things has me intrigued, but doesn't wow me based on it's original inception. I'm praying.

3/5 Bags&Boards - Okay

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

33Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i thought issue #6 was a great read. this book is a lot of fun. i like that they made it that jason's hair was really red and he has to make himself look like dick by dying it black. looking forward to seeing blackest night in the next issue. for some reason the next issue isn't on the list of comics that are blackest night tie-ins.

I actually hate the red hair thing. I think Jason went from looking badass to looking ridiculous.

34Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:42 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
shiky800 wrote:i thought issue #6 was a great read. this book is a lot of fun. i like that they made it that jason's hair was really red and he has to make himself look like dick by dying it black. looking forward to seeing blackest night in the next issue. for some reason the next issue isn't on the list of comics that are blackest night tie-ins.

I actually hate the red hair thing. I think Jason went from looking badass to looking ridiculous.
i think that is just the art that made him look that way. i think the idea was a great idea

35Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:

That was my one gripe about the whole thing. Todd's hair used to be blonde, sandy brown at best, not as red as they make it seem.

36Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Robin #7

I was going to drop this, but it was said it was going to deal with Bruce's "death", so I got it (plus, Morrison is writing Bruce's return soon).

I just didn't care for this. I have a hell of a time following Morrison's narrative.

I started out liking this issue. Batman running around doing acrobatics was cool, but when he visited that guy in prison the issue went way down hill for me.

Did anyone else have it where Dick and Batwoman's word balloons were mixed up?

37Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw the mixed up word balloons as well.

But yeah, I liked this issue. Can't wait for issue 8 in a few weeks.

38Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brian Cunningham wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist Batty. If that was the case you would have erased vaginas too.

Zing!

lol!

I so missed this.

BC

YAY BC!

Tomer Soiker wrote:

Double YAY!
prescribeddrone wrote:I saw the mixed up word balloons as well.

But yeah, I liked this issue. Can't wait for issue 8 in a few weeks.

I loved this issue as well. I think this series is awesome.

39Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:06 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jay, have you seen this Morrison interview? A lot of juice there!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1063765p1.html

40Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:jay, have you seen this Morrison interview? A lot of juice there!

http://comics.ign.com/articles/106/1063765p1.html
Very awesome stuff. I would say this book is in my top three favorite series behind the Green Lantern books. I hope Morrison is always writing this book. I like Morrison on this book in the same way I like Geoff Johns on Green Lantern. Thanks for the link. 2010 should be an interesting year for the Bat-Universe. Especially when you consider all the anniversaries for DC. 2010 is the 70th anniversary of Dick Grayson who first appeared in 1940.

41Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Good issue. Nice to see Batman in London. But in a funny way the London and English people portrayed here was a kind of comic book caricature Britain. It was like Morrison (a Brit himself, so perfectly capable of writing realistic Britishness) was playing with that trope, giving us a kind of Silver Age portrayal of Britain, I was expecting a Policeman to appear in a helmet and say 'Lord luv a duck guvnor' or something. It was wierd but I guess perfectly fitting in with the 'Silver Age on Acid' feel of the book so far.
By the way if anyone was confused by any of the English idoms or references I'm here to help Batman and Robin - Page 2 41525
Yeah the mixed up word balloons was annoying, how could that happen?

42Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I read the panel with the mixed up word ballons about 5 times before I realized what had happened. Other than this this was an all around good book. I loved the cover.

43Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:00 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dai Laffyn

ha!

also I think a couple of those villians appeared in grants seven soldiers as well

44Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:58 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

B&R7

If it weren't for Green Lantern #50 this week, I'd be raving up and down about this issue. Still, I will. In terms of art, things are thankfully back to "normal" as Cameron Stewart serves as a fine replica of Frank Quitely, emulating the Silver Age Britain to perfection as initially promised. Morrison's characters, primarily Squire and Knight (a little), who were last seen in the pages of The Black Mask trade, might personafy the likeness of typical Brits; however, the combination of the cartoony penciling, dry humor and unpredictable moments (such as Squire serving as an even more useful Robin) get this series back in gear.

The issue isn't perfect. What are the chances of Batwoman having a reason to appear in this book? Was Dick's decision to take Bruce back to the Lazarus Pit all because of Damien's breakdown from issue #6? Regardless of questionable plotting, Morrison and Stewart produce a comic that's downright fun. And I don't know what happened during Tan's little run--and much of the blame should be placed on Morrison himself--but Batman & Robin is back in the company of Green Lantern and Detective Comics as DC's top title.

4/5 Bags&Boards - Excellent

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

45Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I was gonna attempt something like this myself for the benefit of you guys but I couldn't do better than these annotations to this issue. check it out, cool stuff. Batman and Robin - Page 2 334450

http://mindlessones.com/2010/02/02/batman-robin-7-the-annocommentations/

46Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling this isnt how Bruce returns. It's too normal for Morrison

47Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:55 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In fact, here's my theory..

The body they put into the Lazarus Pit is that of one of Darkseid's clone troopers who were being implanted with Bruce's memories. So when the clone is reanimated, it'll have Bruce's mind, but it'll attack the heroes because it's original program was designed to do so by Darkseid. Hence the "Batman vs. Batman" teaser at the end of the issue.

As for why Superman would put the cowl on a clone? I think he found Batman in such a state that he couldn't show it to the public. Whether the body wasn't there at all, or perhaps it was in a state of flux because of the Omega Sanction.. who knows.. but he knew he couldn't hide the 'death' so this was his temporary solution as he tries to find a way to save Bruce.

48Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:09 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So...is Batman and Robin canon...or is it an Elseworlds of sorts?

49Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:So...is Batman and Robin canon...or is it an Elseworlds of sorts?

Why wouldn't it be canon?

50Batman and Robin - Page 2 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:03 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate that B&R is coming out this Wednesday and there's supposed to be a blizzard, meaning I'll probably end up buying it a day or 3 later. Going out in a blizzard isn't fun Sad (unless I'm dressed like Doctor Doom)

Good thing there's another way to read it though... I really want to read it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum