Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman and Robin

+29
Bigtymin504
azrael07
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Foreigner_Man
Spider_Fan14
The Ignored One
Kainless
BlueMaxx
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
shiky800
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Chi-Town Spidey
Mnemosis
Brian Cunningham
Thundermatts
melvinlikechris
shining knight
Joshua
Batman25JM
jaydee74
Debaser77
Lee
Fresh03
Administrator
Esbat
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#16 was great.

277Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:41 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not only was #16 great but the ending is the start of what I think is going to be some very interesting times for the Bat-Universe. I am completely jazzed to see what comes next. Well done Mr. Morrison. Well done.

278Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:03 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/113/1130365p1.html
There's a change coming to Batman and Robin, one that might upset some fans looking forward to Pete Tomasi and Patrick Gleason's run on the series. But as with any change, there is always a silver lining. What do we mean? Keep reading...

Batman and Robin #17, due to hit stores on November 24, will not feature Tomasi and Gleason's "Dark Knight, White Knight" story. Instead, Paul Cornell will be teaming with Scott McDaniel (Nightwing, Green Arrow) for a three-part arc that will mark Cornell's first step into the vastness that is Gotham City.

I'm still interested in Tomasi's upcoming run, but Paul Cornell is a favourite of mine, so I'm fine with the wait! thumbs up

Sad I've been looking forward to Tomasi's run for what seems like forever. He will be on after the 3 issue Cornell arc right?

I do like Scott McDaniel's art, so it's not all bad.

279Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:49 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paul Cornell and Scott McDaniel teaming up to do Batman and Robin? Oh yeah. I'm in for that.

280Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:08 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That sounds cool but I really don't likeMcDaniel'snew look now. It looks way to rushed and unfocused imo.

281Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:42 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Sad I've been looking forward to Tomasi's run for what seems like forever. He will be on after the 3 issue Cornell arc right?

I do like Scott McDaniel's art, so it's not all bad.
Don't worry Tomasi will be after Cornell.

Spider_Fan14 wrote:That sounds cool but I really don't like McDaniel's new look now. It looks way to rushed and unfocused imo.

McDaniel got a new look?

Also what did you guys think of that last page of B&R 16?

282Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:51 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't read the Bat books, but I find the whole idea of Bruce coming out and saying he has not only been funding Batman but creating a Batman Inc. extremly intresting. I am thinking that this opens up Bruce and those close to him to more attacks then what they are already used to. With it being common knoweldge now that Bruce and Batman have a close relationship, what is going to stop a villian from trying to get to Batman via Bruce now.

Of course any villian that tries is in for a serious fight. Did Batman just create the best mousetrap?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

283Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:22 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Denim wrote:I don't read the Bat books, but I find the whole idea of Bruce coming out and saying he has not only been funding Batman but creating a Batman Inc. extremely interesting. I am thinking that this opens up Bruce and those close to him to more attacks then what they are already used to. With it being common knoweldge now that Bruce and Batman have a close relationship, what is going to stop a villian from trying to get to Batman via Bruce now.

Of course any villian that tries is in for a serious fight. Did Batman just create the best mousetrap?
Ha! Didn't even think of the mousetrap idea..good call!

I personally think it's a cool idea and can't wait to see where it goes, but I'm not too sure how long it'll last. Hopefully it will.

Also I heard a lot of complaints on how it only makes more people think Bruce is Batman. This is the DCU, Superman hides behind glasses..I don't think this should be too big of a deal. Besides in a way Bruce is using misdirection, throwing off suspicions with the funding reveal.

284Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have been hearing the same complaints about everyone saying that more people will think bruce is batman. that's just silly, he just came out and said there is going to be more then one batman. he cant be all of them. Not only that, but hiding in plain site is the best way to hide. How many times have we in the real world looked for something only to find it when we were not looking for it and it was in front of us all along.

If anything this should misdirect any bruce is bats talk.

285Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^Agreed. And besides, this is a form of entertainment..sometimes things may come off as odd, but we can go with it.

286Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't know he said he was funding Batman. I don't really care for that. I do think that it casts suspicion on him. Sure, he can't be all of them, but he could be one.

As for Clark and his glasses, he also wears suits a size or two too big, slouches, and speaks an octave higher.

287Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I didn't know he said he was funding Batman. I don't really care for that. I do think that it casts suspicion on him. Sure, he can't be all of them, but he could be one.

As for Clark and his glasses, he also wears suits a size or two too big, slouches, and speaks an octave higher.

I understand you, but remember: Bruce goes to late night parties, has tendencies to hang out with scantily clad women, drinks a good deal, and among other things and situations, seemingly ran out of Gotham when No Man's Land hit. Granted his revelation might make the world reconsider him, but Bruce has still has done a good deal to hide his secret identity.

288Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:21 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I didn't know he said he was funding Batman.

Batman and Robin - Page 12 Batmanpanel1
Batman and Robin - Page 12 Batmanpanel2

289Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Thanks.

The more I think about it the more it does intrigue me. I'm still not huge on the Batman Inc. idea, or the fact that Dick is continuing on as Batman in addition to Bruce returning, but some of it does intrigue me. I've sworn off Morrison books, but I may have to at least check out the first issue of Batman Incorporated.

290Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I didn't know he said he was funding Batman. I don't really care for that. I do think that it casts suspicion on him. Sure, he can't be all of them, but he could be one.

Actually, Bruce made it sound like Batman came to him to ask to Bruce if he would fund his war on crime. That's how I took it anyway. I think Bruce made it sound like he and Batman were two different people. I actually like this concept. It's an interesting idea and I am curious to see how it all plays out and it makes me very curious about Batman Inc.

Denim wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I didn't know he said he was funding Batman.
Batman and Robin - Page 12 Batmanpanel1
Batman and Robin - Page 12 Batmanpanel2
This concept is awesome to me.

Batman25JM wrote:^Thanks.

The more I think about it the more it does intrigue me. I'm still not huge on the Batman Inc. idea, or the fact that Dick is continuing on as Batman in addition to Bruce returning, but some of it does intrigue me. I've sworn off Morrison books, but I may have to at least check out the first issue of Batman Incorporated.
Oh this so intrigues me. Bruce Wayne is going to globalize the Batman concept. How interesting and unique. It's a story that you wonder why they never thought of this before which really has me jazzed. I am going to check out Batman Inc. just to see what it's all about. I can say that the Batman Universe is going to get very interesting and I for one cannot wait.

291Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman & Robin #17

Meh. Honestly, this really didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad, but there was nothing about it that I really loved (in regard to story). The art was awesome. I love Scott McDaniel. His Damian was great.

I still can't wait for Tomasi's run to start.

292Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Batman & Robin #17

Meh. Honestly, this really didn't do much for me. It wasn't bad, but there was nothing about it that I really loved (in regard to story). The art was awesome. I love Scott McDaniel. His Damian was great.

I still can't wait for Tomasi's run to start.

I take back that there was nothing I loved. I did love that Damian mentioned Dick being more jovial and that he was now allowed to be his own Batman because Bruce is back.

293Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:02 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Read the new issue and I really enjoyed it. I'm a fan of McDaniel's style so I enjoyed this a lot. I thought the story was just interesting and I completely enjoy the dynamic between Dick and Damian. I loved the last page of this and I need some explanation as to how she can even be. Other than that, still one of my favorites.

294Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:08 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I found that his work in Batman 702 was too sloppy. Is it as bad on here?

295Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:I found that his work in Batman 702 was too sloppy. Is it as bad on here?

Not sure. I don't read Batman but I've always been a fan of his art so I am a bit biased when it comes to being critical but I liked it.

296Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman and Robin #18 was a lot of fun. I enjoy Paul Cornell's writing and this villain is pretty interesting. I also liked the ending a whole lot. Can't wait to see how this all ends.

297Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:35 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

No, you don't get to "Mansplain" everything to me!

Loved that line. The book is a far cry from the Morrison-penned B&R issues of lore, but it's a moderately decent read until Tomasi and Gleason get their rip at it. If the title didn't cover the name of the villain, I'm not too sure too many would remember it. lol

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

298Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:54 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman & Robin #18

Honestly, I didn't care for this in regard to story. It just felt off.

I'm not huge on them creating new villains for short arcs like this. They waste time giving an origin (which was a dumb one IMO) and this character will most likely never be seen again after this arc. If they are going to create a new villain I prefer it to be done in a longer arc that matters more, or if the writer is going to have an extended run on a title where the villain can be a major player. Here it's just wasting time.

It would be different if I found the villain at all interesting, but she seems like a petty, jilted lover. It's cliche and uninteresting.

The art was phenomenal though. I love me some McDaniel. His Damian Robin is AWESOME.

299Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:56 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't mind Cornell creating a villain. I've listened to enough interviews with him where he enjoys making characters and he realizes that whoever takes over for him is more than likely to take that character and run with him or her. I think this villain is interesting enough and I do hope that Tomasi uses her later down the line. I will agree with you that the art is awesome.

300Batman and Robin - Page 12 Empty Re: Batman and Robin Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:16 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really enjoying this arc. I wish that Cornell had a longer run on the book. I'll probably drop it once he leaves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum