Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Six

+20
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Ben Akers
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
Administrator
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
Sci-Fi
BlueMaxx
shining knight
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ That was one thing that bugged me. King Shark and Lady Vic, after having tried to kill some of the members and King Shark having his arm removed and jaw broken, was fine joining the team. Course, to the highest bidder, I guess. And who knows, maybe this'll be Gail's way of killing some of them or pulling them back into the limelight, with Aquaman, Atom and others returning.
I wonder if real life mercenaries find themselves fighting on opposite sides one year and then together another year. I bet it happens. It's also possible King Shark is just kind of dumb.

102Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Very true. He does seem to be reverting towards his animosity. Like Killer Croc's character.

103Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat May 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed this new issue. A look into Blakes past.. Aww gett'em Catman.. make them suffer Wink

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

104Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:20 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This arc had an awesome ending. From what I've read of this book, this arc had to be my favorite.

105Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Great ending to a great storyline. Deadshot offering Alice a cigarette was priceless.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

106Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:15 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Up, up and.. Oh, I'm flying..." Laughing

107Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:40 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:"Up, up and.. Oh, I'm flying..." Laughing
Laughing Simone has a great ability to throw humour into very nasty situations.

Issue #22 was just brutal. Definitely one of the best issues. Catman went well and truly feral (heh) and I really can't see him being the same after this. Black Alice summed it up when she said "Do you even want him back now?". Not really much to say except how good it was. It's weird, I enjoy it and yet at the same time the whole thing is very uncomfortable with the harshness of it all.

Calafiore is still doing great work here.

Cheshire has really had a bad couple of months.

108Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:48 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:

Indeed.

I recall someone saying awhile back that they wish someone would put out a villain book with the characters acting like villains instead of reformed ones. Well, if you're reading this whoever you are, you should check out this arc Wink

109Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:

Indeed.

I recall someone saying awhile back that they wish someone would put out a villain book with the characters acting like villains instead of reformed ones. Well, if you're reading this whoever you are, you should check out this arc Wink

Yeah, I'd say Ostrander did it well in the 80s with Suicide Squad. The only characters who didn't act like villains in that were the ones who were never really true "villains" as such. Gail Simone does it here. She never forgets who these characters are at the end of the day. If someone does something "heroic" it's only because it's true to the nature of that character. These characters aren't evil but they are definitely morally ambiguous and that's what makes them interesting. Morally ambiguous is a hell of a lot more interesting in my books than pure evil or pure good.

Perhaps the only other writer recently who truly got this with similar characters was Warren Ellis with his brief run on Thunderbolts.

110Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:18 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I can't believe it took me a month to think of this, but Giganta & Dwarfstar are both on the makeshift team. She dated Ryan Choi, and he had Ryan killed, which she might not know yet. This could end messily for Dwarfstar.

111Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:05 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#23 was a totally adequate fill-in issue. Ostrander nailed all the characters, and I really dug the artwork by RB Silva & Alexandre Palamaro. I'll keep an eye out for them in the future.

112Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

A fill-in artist, and no Gail? Sad

Oh well...I'm sure it'll still be great.

113Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue 23 was entertaining enough, but by the time I was done with it I was really wondering "Why was this issue put out?" I'm not against one and done stories, but I like when they effect the status quo a bit. This didn't effect anything. Overall it wasn't a bad read, but I wouldn't stop anybody from putting this book back on the shelves and using their $3 on something else.

114Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#23 felt like a classic Marvel fill in issue for the 80s. I hated those issues.

This was mediocre at best and one of the oldest, most unoriginal stories out there. Hell, there was even a Get Smart episode that used the old "man as the most dangerous game" schtick. It actually may have been a better story if only one or two of the Secret Six characters were involved because, as it was, each scene was very rushed and over quickly and probably deserved more time. Ostrander is better than this.

As usual Luvisi really does do excellent covers.

115Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:54 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#24 was fantastic and frustrating at the same time. It was a great story, but I wish it had been held off until the two teams fight. Unless of course this is a form of foreshadowing, and Junior & Deathstroke show up in the next few issues.

116Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:37 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This story came out of nowhere. I was waiting for somebody to wake up from this dream, but they never did. This is the second just okay issue in a row for this book.

117Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm very interested to find out what Simone is going for with this Western storyline. This seems to be the month for DC heroes in the Old West, with this issue and Return of Bruce Wayne #4. Secret Six #24 was far more fun, though, and didn't make my brain hurt.

118Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#24 was fantastic and frustrating at the same time. It was a great story, but I wish it had been held off until the two teams fight. Unless of course this is a form of foreshadowing, and Junior & Deathstroke show up in the next few issues.
I'm wondering that myself. I'm sure there's a point. But, is it another universe, another timeline, or in the regular DCU's timeline of the past?

119Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:#24 was fantastic and frustrating at the same time. It was a great story, but I wish it had been held off until the two teams fight. Unless of course this is a form of foreshadowing, and Junior & Deathstroke show up in the next few issues.
I'm wondering that myself. I'm sure there's a point. But, is it another universe, another timeline, or in the regular DCU's timeline of the past?

I know one thing - this was a mile better than the previous issue by John Ostrander.

As with you guys I'm wondering about the purpose of it but at the same time I enjoyed it as a story in and of itself. I don't really care if it didn't serve a purpose either. It's quite feasible that after a pretty intense Catman story arc Gail Simone felt like she and the readers needed a bit of a diversionary break. The purpose may be as simple as that.

I thought Simone nailed the western feel to the story and it was yet another excellent cover by Luvisi and good work on the art by Calafiore.

120Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ostrander's didn't kill me. Was pretty simplistic, true. Didn't build up the villains that much. Just a nice play off of Running Man with to the collars and themed hunters, and had a dash of Surviving the Game. Seemed out of character for most from the previous insanity. 'Specially on Catman's part. Tensions could still be building over his explosion, though.

121Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

BlueMaxx wrote:Seemed out of character for most from the previous insanity. 'Specially on Catman's part. Tensions could still be building over his explosion, though.
Wasn't there a editor's note at the beginning saying that issue's events took place before the "Cats in the Cradle" arc?

122Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:57 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:Seemed out of character for most from the previous insanity. 'Specially on Catman's part. Tensions could still be building over his explosion, though.
Wasn't there a editor's note at the beginning saying that issue's events took place before the "Cats in the Cradle" arc?
I'm sure there was. I just saw the whole thing as an 80s Marvel style fill in issue.

123Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:24 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#25 was great. Loved Deadshot motivating the doctor. And I really hope Giganta squishes Dwarfstar.

124Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#25 was great. Loved Deadshot motivating the doctor. And I really hope Giganta squishes Dwarfstar.

Yeah I loved this issue too. I really appreciate Gail Simone dropping these guys into these crazy situations each story arc and watch it all spin out of control. Maybe it's a bit formulaic but it's what they do and telling the stories of they're successful missions would probably just be a bit dull.

Dwarfstar really is bad news. None of these people are good but he's just a psycho.

Calafiore continues to produce really great work on this title.

Now I'm a little concerned about the future of the Secret Six. The sales are looking pretty bad. I would hate to see this book end as it's one of my favourites.

125Secret Six - Page 5 Empty Re: Secret Six Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I might leave monthly comics all together if Secret six goes away, and just trade wait everything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum