Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Six

+20
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
LordD3r3k
LOOSECANNON
comicgeekelly
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Ben Akers
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
Administrator
shiky800
Joshua
Debaser77
Sci-Fi
BlueMaxx
shining knight
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

51Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #15

I have to start by saying I was a huge fan of John Ostrander's Suicide Squad and his Deadshot but I'm afraid I found this issue to be ordinary. I'm probably being a bit harsh because everything was fine until the psychoanalysis at the end which was just ridiculous. That was just so ludicrous that, for once, I just couldn't suspend my disbelief. To be able to work out and summarise Deadshot's problem/s in such a fast and concise fashion I just can't even begin to accept. Oh well can't win them all and I still love this book.

The scenes where Deadshot was imagining killing everyone were very effective.

52Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:34 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Issue #15

I have to start by saying I was a huge fan of John Ostrander's Suicide Squad and his Deadshot but I'm afraid I found this issue to be ordinary. I'm probably being a bit harsh because everything was fine until the psychoanalysis at the end which was just ridiculous. That was just so ludicrous that, for once, I just couldn't suspend my disbelief. To be able to work out and summarise Deadshot's problem/s in such a fast and concise fashion I just can't even begin to accept. Oh well can't win them all and I still love this book.

The scenes where Deadshot was imagining killing everyone were very effective.

I have to agree. I was surprised by how quickly he turned at the end. If it turns out he was lying, I could accept that but why would he lie? os nothing here seemed to make sense in all of that. It had some high points. My favorite part was the flashback of Deadshot shooting up his old house turned into a crack house.

53Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:30 am

Winter Decay

Winter Decay
Cadet
Cadet

Nice to see that Fr. Creamer was not forgotten about. Always liked the idea of that character from the Squad days.

Nice play on all the backstory of Lawton. I did not dislike the issue.

54Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:56 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

iam looking forward to the team being the main part of the story rather than just one charecter at a time. but it was still a good read

55Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:48 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn fine Deadshot story. The ending wasn't a finality, he's still damned crazy. But like he said, he feels he's back in control. This is Lawton, he loses it without knowing it. I thought it was just a way of showing his past (connections)effectively. I've always wondered if Jeanette, with her death-magic stuff, is having more affect on his head than effect on his other head, you know?

56Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#16 was decent. Not a huge fan of the art, but it worked for this story. Black Alice will be an interesting addition to the group. Now on to Blackest Night!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

57Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Black Alice + super-villain strippers = yes

58Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:19 pm

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

Bane has to be like comics most improved player. Last I remember seeing him before Secret Six was the terrible arc in JSA Classified whee he stole the Miraclo Formula from Hourman, and sounded like some bad actor from a spanish soap opera.

I have no prior experience reading Black Alice, but she looks like a nice add to the book. I just wonder where Scandal is going to end u.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

59Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:27 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

#16 was very good, with an absolutely CHILLING opening (seriously, a lot of dark comics came out this week). Like rwe, I didn't particularly care for the fill-in artists...I miss Nicola Scott.

60Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:46 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:#16 was very good, with an absolutely CHILLING opening (seriously, a lot of dark comics came out this week). Like rwe, I didn't particularly care for the fill-in artists...I miss Nicola Scott.
Yeah I agree on the art (in fact I quite disliked it) - I miss Nicola Scott too. She does draw a good Wonder Woman though so probably deserves to get to do the BN WW mini.

You're right about the opening too. Just when you think these guys might be going a bit soft or touchy feely they do stuff like that and you know they are still far from being good guys. And I do like Black Alice's approach of muscling into the group and basically not accepting no as an answer. She should make for an interesting dynamic.

I was going to say how Daniel Luvisi has done yet another fantastic cover for this book but then I examined it a bit more closely. Something is completely off witht eh positioning of her legs and the rest of her body particlulary the leg that's side on. Looks really odd, almost like she's standing behind the gravestone and that's someone else's pair of legs. Anyway, normally his covers are great and at first I thought this one was until I noticed that.

61Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Suicide Squad #67 was my book of the week. Great stuff, especially Deadshot's reaction to Flag, Jr. Calafiore is rockin' the art.

62Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ I enjoyed it immensely as well. Can't wait to read part 2 in Secret Six.

63Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:04 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Suicide Squad was good, but there was a lot less Blackest Lanterns than I thought there would be.

64Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:38 am

Debaser77

Debaser77

Reviews of Suicide Squad # 67 and Weird Western Tales # 71 are up on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=17412

65Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read #16. Black Alice, huh? That's cool. I've always kind of liked her. What is up with her powers, though? She used to have to come into contact or direct presence of a magical entity, but now she just picks and chooses existing magicians and others magical beings at her whim?

Just read up. She could always do this, it is just that she has to have presence, sight, of someone to use their abilities by choice, but random if she accesses her magic copy at whim. Which the Helmet of Fate and Blaze's trickery by zapping her powers from her during Reign of Hell may have had some weird alteration or evolution of powers? Now she seems to keep a link with past contacts that are randomly accessed.

She was created by Simone in Birds of Prey. Didn't know that. Now I know why Gail is playing with her in her series. Many writers do that.

66Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:56 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Forgot to mention the stripper dressed as Mr. Mxyzptlk was hilarious, and the stripper dressed as a "Mrs." Freeze was oddly hot.

67Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:19 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#17 was great as usual, just a little slow, IMO. But that's to be expected with it being the middle of a three issue arc.

68Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:07 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#17 was great as usual, just a little slow, IMO. But that's to be expected with it being the middle of a three issue arc.
I didn't think it was too slow but it definitely involved the usual Suicide Squad/Secret Six chaos. Apart from the similar characters the thing I loved about the old Suicide Squad and the newer Secret Six is how most missions for both groups decended into the sort of chaos we are seeing in this current storyline. I guess if they went smoothly they'd be boring but I love how everything always goes down the tubes for these teams.

One criticism I have with this issue is that I thought, even though they were taken by surprise, Nightshade and Count Vertigo were probably taken down a little quickly.

I don't mind Calafiore's art but I must admit I miss Nicola Scott a lot.

69Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:26 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Suicide Squad and SS# 17 were good.

70Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:40 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Who the hell is Angel Moore, I recognize the rest of the Black Lanterns but not Angel Moore.

http://realityfugitives.com/

71Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:43 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it may be mindboggler....I think

72Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I'm guessing that either Vanessa Kingsbury or Angel Moore is Shrike (The Vixen archenemy that looks a bit like Feral from the Marvel X-titles.)

Wonder if Bronze Tiger is done for. Well, he'll come back. Sort of. Can't wait for the next issue. Having read issue 50 of the original Suicide Squad series, they had fought zombies of themselves before. I'm wondering if that'll be mentioned. They were called the Death Squad.

Oh, and the House of Secrets...I'm almost positive Gregory the Gargoyle was the gargoyle that attacked Multiplex and Waller. So, that's cool. Although, I thought he was the guardian of the House of Mystery? don't know Maybe they have discovered their own guardian?

73Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:43 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#18 was superb. Easily my Book of the Week.

74Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:06 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah I thought #18 was excellent also. A lot of great moments - Waller saving the day, Deadshot shooting Waller, Scandal Savage slicing off those 2 Muliplex's heads! I really appreciated that Simone and Ostrander used Blackest Night to further the story of these characters - that's how you do good crossovers. I love the connection and rivalry between these 2 teams.

And I thought this was some of the best work I've seen from Calafiore. Great work from all the creators and thanks to John Ostrander for revisiting his old team and to Gail Simone for inviting him along.

75Secret Six - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Six Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Despite the easy and convenient defeat of the BN by Waller, it was appropriate--being that it is Waller. Mockingbird, huh? Neat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum