Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Secret Warriors

+14
Matt
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Aussiemandias
shiky800
LOOSECANNON
Joshua
Rath99
Batman25JM
hrdwrkngXsoldier
Esbat
J Nova
blue halo
Lee
Mnemosis
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

51Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:19 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
shiky800 wrote:i am wondering why they didn't finish the last story this issue. i am not crazy that they are starting stories and not finishing them. but the art was weaker than caselli usually is, i wasn't sure what it was but you all think it was the coloring.
Didn't you think the Ares/Phobos storyline was finished? I just checked it and you could look at it as a cliffhanger ending but I actually think it wasn't meant to be. Ares was just saying to Alex that one day he will have to die but I don't think he meant that that need to happen right away. Was that what made you feel the story was unfinished?
yes it felt like he would have to die right then as the test.

52Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
shiky800 wrote:i am wondering why they didn't finish the last story this issue. i am not crazy that they are starting stories and not finishing them. but the art was weaker than caselli usually is, i wasn't sure what it was but you all think it was the coloring.
Didn't you think the Ares/Phobos storyline was finished? I just checked it and you could look at it as a cliffhanger ending but I actually think it wasn't meant to be. Ares was just saying to Alex that one day he will have to die but I don't think he meant that that need to happen right away. Was that what made you feel the story was unfinished?
Ah well I can certainly see why you thought that however I'm thinking it was more meant as a long term thing and hence why Hickman's now moved on with this next story arc.

53Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:32 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
shiky800 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Ah well I can certainly see why you thought that however I'm thinking it was more meant as a long term thing and hence why Hickman's now moved on with this next story arc.
i am not saying i am right. i just would have liked to see the story that way.

54Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #12

More awesome stuff from Hickman and Caselli. We're starting to get more answers about Leviathan, not to mention the background of some of Hydra's head honchos. And we learned the identity of Stonewall's father...none other than the Absorbing Man. Definitely wasn't expecting him, and especially not that sick story behind it. Also really interested in Nick's different teams. Daisy seems just as surprised as us about all this..

55Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:50 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Warriors #12

More awesome stuff from Hickman and Caselli. We're starting to get more answers about Leviathan, not to mention the background of some of Hydra's head honchos. And we learned the identity of Stonewall's father...none other than the Absorbing Man. Definitely wasn't expecting him, and especially not that sick story behind it. Also really interested in Nick's different teams. Daisy seems just as surprised as us about all this..
Yeah Daisy's got no idea. Nick's pretty good at keeping everyone on a needs to know basis which I guess is par for the course in the espionage worlds.

Just on Stonewall - I really don't see why he would visit Crusher Creel even if Yo-yo had insisted. He was the man who raped his mother to produce him (and apparently also killed her or was the cause of her death). That's not someone you have any kind of relationship with. I kind of don't really see that as something that would happen.

I love this book. In 12 issues Hickman has got us in the middle of a detailed and complex world that I look forward to learning more and more about each issue. He's doing everything I enjoy about what comics can be. It's also very good to have Caselli back - he does such a good job on this book although I still don't think the coloring is very good.

Also this week I put my order together for April and man I can't wait until Hickman's SHIELD comic. It really sounds great.

56Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Warriors #12

Yeah Daisy's got no idea. Nick's pretty good at keeping everyone on a needs to know basis which I guess is par for the course in the espionage worlds.

Just on Stonewall - I really don't see why he would visit Crusher Creel even if Yo-yo had insisted. He was the man who raped his mother to produce him (and apparently also killed her or was the cause of her death). That's not someone you have any kind of relationship with. I kind of don't really see that as something that would happen.

I love this book. In 12 issues Hickman has got us in the middle of a detailed and complex world that I look forward to learning more and more about each issue. He's doing everything I enjoy about what comics can be. It's also very good to have Caselli back - he does such a good job on this book although I still don't think the coloring is very good.

Also this week I put my order together for April and man I can't wait until Hickman's SHIELD comic. It really sounds great.
But it isn't like Stonewall wanted to see Creel for old times sake. Sometimes people just need a bit of closure, and Yo-Yo might have given him the excuse he needed to finally get the courage to do it. I'm sure he got quite a bit of satisfaction by seeing his dad rot in prison with his own eyes.

Oh and I can't wait for SHIELD too!

57Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

SW #12

So this book's back to being normal again: simply great. Caselli's doing all the art, with mixed reviews on the coloring, which blotches many of the action scenes. Other than that, we have ourselves another fantastic (oops) book from Hickman. It's actually Fury-less, which benefits the fans tired of having the Secret Warriors being kept in the dark. No longer. We now know more about his group than we have in the combined 11-issue run. A lot of revelations and information is shed, garnering more attention to this group than ever before. We all bought the book for Fury; so for Hickman to focus on the unknown and excel at it shows a lot.

4/5 B&B - Can't wait for S.H.I.E.L.D. either.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

58Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:45 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know how many of the people reading this book aslo read the Astonishing X-Men Ghost Box series, but there seems to be another box to me. I would like to think that these two boxes are connected somehow and would give me hope that we may see Forge again. Anybody else see similarities between the two stories.. (other than the whole mutant form another deminsion murder mystery.

59Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hrdwrkngXsoldier wrote:I don't know how many of the people reading this book aslo read the Astonishing X-Men Ghost Box series, but there seems to be another box to me. I would like to think that these two boxes are connected somehow and would give me hope that we may see Forge again. Anybody else see similarities between the two stories.. (other than the whole mutant form another deminsion murder mystery.
Nope I don't think there's any connection whatsoever.

60Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I loved issue 12, but man is this series non new reader friendly, I feel sorry for anyone that decides to jump into this book with no forknowledge what so ever.

Anyway, I love Fury's portrayal in this series, after everything that's happened recently it makes sense that he's got his individual elements separated and kept to a need-to-know basis about each other, which made this issue's reveal about who they are and what they do that much cooler. That and all of the badass Fury scenes that Hickman has given us is exactly what's been missing with the character prior to the start of this series.

More character development than you can shake a stick at here, from the Leviathan, to Hydra's operatives, to Stonewall (pretty cool origin actually), seriously, comics don't get too much better than this book.

I'm also with everyone, Hickman's SHIELD book is going to be absolutely incredible, plus there's mention that it will tie SW's and the Fantasic Four together a bit, if loosely, and with Hickman writing both books I can't see any way that won't be killer.

61Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #12 rocked, it's that simple.

It's great to have Caselli back, but I agree about the coloring.

For some reason I saw Stonewall's father being the Absorbing Man coming. I don't know why, maybe because they look alike.

I don't have much else to add. This is definitely one of Marvel's best books. Also, I too can't wait for Hickman's SHIELD comic.

62Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Secret Warriors #13

Like The Marvels Project issue I just reviewed, Secret Warriors #13 appears to be better than it has the past couple months. That doesn't mean this seris was ever really mediocre, it's just that Hickman, among the thousands of characters, secret bases, espionage affairs, and secret origins, it's also starting to put some pieces together. This issue works primarily for two reasons: we get a meaningful bit about the background of Strucker and Kraken's partnership, and the Secret Warriors themselves finally make some headway. The issue still makes an effort to chew in on the other title's happenings.

If you've loved Hickman and Casselli's run so far, this issue will do it for you. It's that simple.

4/5 Bags&Boards - It's really not THAT hard to follow, is it?

63Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:06 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #13

Awesome, 'nuff said.

64Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:44 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Secret Warriors #13

Awesome, 'nuff said.
Yep, completely agree. I love the kick off of this mission and everyone getting their own personal pieces of it and not necessarily knowing what the others are doing. I really get this feeling like "It's on!!!". The last year has been building to this.

By the way I was curious about the GPS co-ordinates given to Eden and Alex and I believe they're around the wrong way (wouldn't be surprised if that's deliberate). If you switch the longitude and latitude it puts them in China which gels with the discussion earlier in the book that Dum Dum and a few of the other guys have about a potential international incident in China.

I love the puzzle that this book is - on all sides - the bad guys and the good guys are hiding so much. I really enjoy this book - I think there's a lot of reward in reading it. Hickman is doing a great job. Not to mention how good it is to have Caselli back.

65Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:00 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Agree with all of you.

66Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:26 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Secret Warriors #14

Another four-banger; this series cannot be stopped. Johnathan Hickman incorporates his own version of G.I. Joe into Marvel, without all the catchy name-phrases and cliche gung-ho's. However, what Hickman does finally do with this monster of a run is add some much needed depth to his main characters. I use the word "main" ever so slightly, because for a little over a year, we've had no idea who these "main" characters were. And since they're called Secret Warriors, I guess that's okay. (I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I know). Secret Warriors: Agent of Nothing has Nick Fury, S.H.I.E.L.D., Hydra, Leviathan, among a whole other host of ecclectic beings. The more we're seeing the series dry out, though, the less complicated our players are. As for the complications in the plot--oh, those'll never go away. Now, how much fun would that be, really?

4/5 Bags&Boards - Because of this ish, we like Daisy and Jimmy T. James. And we (dis)like Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine, too. Now more than ever.

67Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah #14 was a really good development issue. We got a lot of revelations with JT confessing his love for Daisy and Contessa doing some double-double-crossing like no other lol. You truly never know what's gonna happen in this book and I love it!

68Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:07 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Yeah #14 was a really good development issue. We got a lot of revelations with JT confessing his love for Daisy and Contessa doing some double-double-crossing like no other lol. You truly never know what's gonna happen in this book and I love it!

What I really like about those things you pointed out there:

- JT and his love for Daisy - it really makes sense. He has quite obviously hate Fury all along and he really doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's particularly interested in saving the world so it never made a lot of sense that he stayed with the team. Now knowing what he thinks of Daisy actually makes it all add up.

- The Contessa - I love that she has been a double double agent (I think that's the right amount of doubles) since the beginning. That's classic spy stuff.

As ever I totally love what Hickman's doing here. You get a real sense that everything's planned out and nothing happens without a reason. This is not a superhero book and I love it.

Is Viper really dead? Is it possible The Contessa is actually a mole on the inside of Leviathan making her a triple agent (or something like that)?

And is anyone else suspicious that Druid is actually on some secret mission for Fury?

69Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Is Viper really dead? Is it possible The Contessa is actually a mole on the inside of Leviathan making her a triple agent (or something like that)?

And is anyone else suspicious that Druid is actually on some secret mission for Fury?
No. Yes. YES!

But knowing this book, all of those could easily be the opposite of what I said. Laughing

70Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:44 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #14

I know that everybody is excited that there is going to be a new S.H.I.E.L.D. book coming out that will also be scribed by Hickman. I hope that people haven’t put this aside or passed it up. Secret Warriors is one of the books I look forward too. Hickman has done a great job thus far, and showed great story telling skill here and in the Fantastic Four books…. So yes, be excited for S.H.I.E.L.D., I’m going to wager that it will be just as good as what we have seen as of late.

The issue goes deeper into the involvement of Leviathan, Hydra, and SHIELD in the Zodiac organization. Though they haven’t mentioned the Zodiac in a couple issues. We see the results of last week’s mission notes and the one that got sent home. Nick can sure tell some one to their face when he knows he is right.

The entire issue was worth the reveal at the end, I’ll leave it at that. This story has been good enough you don’t mind that it doesn’t cross over into Siege as well.

3.5 out of 5 Triple Agents

71Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:04 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors #15

Not surprisingly, another strong issue. I'm really enjoying the depth of characterization we've been getting lately for Fury's team of kids. Daisy and most of the gang want Sebastian back, but Fury shoots the idea down before she gets out the sentence. It seems like Daisy is starting to buckle a bit under the immense pressure Fury has put on her, but at least she's found some companionship now. Plus, all of the emotion was conveyed beautifully by Caselli as usual.

The flashback of Viper's past was nice too...or should I say Madame Hydra. Wink

And the restaurant scene with Nick and Contessa was just badass. At this point, I have no idea what to expect from that relationship...

72Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat May 01, 2010 12:03 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

SW #15

Hickman surely makes up for a lackluster Fantastic Four this month, answering the one complaint from those following the book: what's really going on? If you've been following the series and go on to read this issue, your prayers have been answered. And if you can't figure things out at least a tad better by now, you mind as well look elsewhere. That's not to say Hickman sets his epic table on a silver platter. There are some details, especially those concerning Hydra and Leviathan, that need to be watched closely; however, with Viper's postmortem origin and shocking revelation, this thread should become a little more lucid.

The art...if it's up to me, Steffano Casselli never leaves the book. As we see over at Hick's other book with Eaglesham's new project announced, we as fans could only be so lucky. Along with Goh's wonderfully coloring, this is Casselli's best work yet. To go from relative unknown over at Avengers: Initiative to this is a supreme accomplishment. With that, if Secret Warriors is finally becoming a title about characters as much as its moments, the sky's certainly the limit for success.

4/5 Marshmallow Counting Caterpillars - Although recent issues of SW have been awesome, this might be the best in some time.

73Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sat May 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Secret Warriors is, without a doubt, my favourite Marvel comic at the moment. Issue #15 was just excellent. There was no real action in this issue but it was just full of wonderful character moments. Not much else I can say except that I loved it. It appears on the surface that the Contessa is well and truly with Leviathan which dispels my theory that she may be a double or triple agent however as with all good spy stuff you never truly know.

Casselli's art on this book is just so damn good - the last page is just wonderful. Casselli captures everything in that moment. I think one of his strengths is conveying energy and movement.

If I was going to complain about anything it would be that the octopus on Madame Hydra's head looks kind of silly. Laughing

Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Warriors #15

Daisy and most of the gang want Sebastian back, but Fury shoots the idea down before she gets out the sentence.
And I really think that's because Fury's got him on some secret mission (possibly the one that might cause an international incident in China that they've been talking about). I think Fury doesn't want Daisy digging into what's happened to Sebastian at all so that's why he shoots it down so hard all the time.

LOOSECANNON wrote:SW #15

Along with Goh's wonderfully coloring, this is Casselli's best work yet.
Have to disagree with this comment. I feel the colouring has been off on this book for a while. Not a fan.

74Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sun May 02, 2010 3:57 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Secret Warriors #15

Daisy and most of the gang want Sebastian back, but Fury shoots the idea down before she gets out the sentence.
And I really think that's because Fury's got him on some secret mission (possibly the one that might cause an international incident in China that they've been talking about). I think Fury doesn't want Daisy digging into what's happened to Sebastian at all so that's why he shoots it down so hard all the time.

Yeah man, that's very possible. This is why I love this book!

75Secret Warriors - Page 3 Empty Re: Secret Warriors Sun May 02, 2010 6:00 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Aussiemandias wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:SW #15

Along with Goh's wonderfully coloring, this is Casselli's best work yet.
Have to disagree with this comment. I feel the colouring has been off on this book for a while. Not a fan.

I dunno. It just feels like Goh uses a rustic element to coloring that gives this book a distinct feel. It doesn't look or come off like any other book. It's not supposed to be real bright..a lot of the colors are brownish olive or murky lime greens...if it started having alot of bright blues, oranges, and reds it'd start to take away the title's character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum