Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Green Lantern Corps

+25
BlueMaxx
superdoug
Tom
Goof
Rath99
potatojoe
LOOSECANNON
Jherek
Debaser77
Aussiemandias
prescribeddrone
shiky800
comicgeekelly
shining knight
Nymn
Batman25JM
Fresh03
Sandman
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Dcrashman26
Bigtymin504
rwe1138
jaydee74
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 10]

76Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:41 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Love Guy as a red lanern! I hope he stays that way but I know he won't. It makes him so much more interesting.

I saw Guy going red early on. It just made sense to me. I would love to see Guy stay a Red Lantern as well. It fits him pretty well but he'll go back to being Green soon enough. Although, wouldn't it be kind of bas ass if he was able to keep both rings?

77Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:08 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another great issue. Not too much to add that hasn't already been said. I wonder if the power battery sustained any lasting damage, or something that could trip up the GL's later on?

78Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Greg Horn's Varient to GLC #46:

Spoiler:

79Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Greg Horn's Varient to GLC #46:

Spoiler:

affraid

80Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:21 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fresh03 wrote:Greg Horn's Varient to GLC #46:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

81Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#45 was good. Although Mogo being the planet-ex-machina is getting a little stale.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

82Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:29 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#45 was good. Although Mogo being the planet-ex-machina is getting a little stale.

A bit, but then again, up until last year or so Mogo was just this inconsequential thing. Now we're seeing just how critical he is to keeping the GLC running. So yeah, we're getting alot of Mogo fixes, but it's cool to see his character gain some substance

83Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:30 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:#45 was good. Although Mogo being the planet-ex-machina is getting a little stale.

A bit, but then again, up until last year or so Mogo was just this inconsequential thing. Now we're seeing just how critical he is to keeping the GLC running. So yeah, we're getting alot of Mogo fixes, but it's cool to see his character gain some substance

I was thinking the same thing actually. It is about time he was shown to his potential instead of "yeah one of our members is a planet"

84Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:35 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I was thinking the same thing actually. It is about time he was shown to his potential instead of "yeah one of our members is a planet"

And really, with the willpower of a planet, he should be doing crazy powerful shit cool

85Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agreed. Seems a little too convenient. But still a solid issue.

With the end of this book and GL, looks like EVERYTHING will be coming to a head in Blackest Night #7. BN has been a long ride, and I'm ready to see how it ends!

86Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of GL #51 and GLC #45 is up on the main site:
http://panelsonpages.com/?p=19554

Loved 'em both!

87Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought GLC was amazing. I loved how the story resolves the Red Lantern Guy Gardner and I loved how the issue ended and I am jazzed for the next issue.

88Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I absolutely LOVED issue #45. I don't know how he does it, but Tomasi makes me like this book more and more each issue. I'll be sad to see him go.

I loved Gleason's art as well.

LordD3r3k wrote:

I agree. I love that we're finally seeing just what he can do.

89Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://jaydee74.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/green-lantern-corps-45-green-lantern-51/

90Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:17 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

GLC #45

Awesome.

4/5 B&B

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

91Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:44 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with Lordd3r3k but I love your term - planet-ex-machina! heh!

LOOSECANNON wrote:GLC #45

Awesome.

4/5 B&B
Man you summed it up perfectly again.

It's funny, over 20 years ago I really disliked Guy Gardner now I find myself liking him a lot even though he's till got a bit of the old Guy in him. He's a comic book character that has truly grown up the way a real person can when they were a bit of a jackass in their younger days.

Mogo's leeches on Guy was pretty disgusting.

Additionally, I have enjoyed that these characters have all had their own adventure while the main storyline has been going on. Now let's bring it on!!!!

92Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
I agree with Lordd3r3k but I love your term - planet-ex-machina! heh!

LOOSECANNON wrote:GLC #45

Awesome.

4/5 B&B
Man you summed it up perfectly again.

It's funny, over 20 years ago I really disliked Guy Gardner now I find myself liking him a lot even though he's till got a bit of the old Guy in him. He's a comic book character that has truly grown up the way a real person can when they were a bit of a jackass in their younger days.

Mogo's leeches on Guy was pretty disgusting.

Additionally, I have enjoyed that these characters have all had their own adventure while the main storyline has been going on. Now let's bring it on!!!!
I agree. My first memory of Guy was during Crisis On Infinite Earths where he came back from his coma, teamed up with a bunch of bad guys, fought John Stewart and nearly killed Hal Jordan. After that he was just some jerk who wanted to fight and it didn't matter who he fought. Now, Guy has more substance to his character and I've really have enjoyed reading the character.

93Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:44 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #46

First off, Gleason put out some amazing visuals in this issue. The colored net, just a beautiful looking panel.

Even though Black Lantern Ice was on the cover, the real show stealer here was the Anti-Monitor. Since it's day 1, I'll just put this whole part in spoiler tags..

Spoiler:

Next week is going to be awesome Very Happy

94Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Green Lantern Corps #46

First off, Gleason put out some amazing visuals in this issue. The colored net, just a beautiful looking panel.

Even though Black Lantern Ice was on the cover, the real show stealer here was the Anti-Monitor. Since it's day 1, I'll just put this whole part in spoiler tags..

Spoiler:

Next week is going to be awesome Very Happy

This issue rocked so hard that I literally shook while reading it. The ramifications for this event is going to be absolutely awesome.

95Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Spoiler:

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

96Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The refrigerator game me a chuckle as well tongue

97Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:32 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern Corps #46

This was a really fun issue. Some great action and awesome art by Gleason. I liked seeing Guy taking charge and essentially becoming the de facto leader of all the Lantern Corps. The team work at the end to take down the Anti-Monitor was nicely done, although I hoped AM would have had a bigger impact.

The refrigerator thing was a bit too silly though lol. I wish Tomasi would have just left that infamous moment in comics history alone. Seeing the Black Lantern logo on the fridge was hilarious...Nekron makes sure to brand everything doesn't he? Looks like he's trying to maximize those merchandising royalties. Laughing

98Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The fridge was hilarious. It was Epic Win. Guy referencing Star Trek was pure win as well.

99Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spoiler:
That was fantastic. I also loved the Star Trek reference. Guy Gardner is a Trekkie.

100Green Lantern Corps - Page 4 Empty Re: Green Lantern Corps Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:
Spoiler:

when that happened my first thought was WTF? then pure awesomeness!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum