Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Friday the 13th!

+10
potatojoe
Silent K
Nymn
riv1
blue halo
Rath99
Splitty
prescribeddrone
Spaced4SimonPegg
BlueMaxx
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Friday the 13th! Empty Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well, starts tomorrow. I was thinking about those who are superstitious, which...we all have something that we do or don't do because of some sense of luck or bad luck, laymen's Karma or what have you.

What's your superstitions? No matter how trivial or non-mystical it may seem, and not just bad stuff, but good stuff. Like me, it is subtle. I'm not crazy superstitious, just in certain instances. Like going to the 13th floor of a building makes you laugh-sigh as you push the button.

Like, I think 12 is my lucky number.
If something good happens to me, I'm almost convinced something terrible is around the next corner. Course, these could be looked at as self-fulfilling prophecy, but whatever.

What's yours?

2Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As a horror fan....I welcome all Friday the 13th days. Very Happy

3Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Friday the 13th! HIGHFIVE

4Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^Friday the 13th! HIGHFIVE

Sweet...you going to watch any horror that day?? I think it should be required to ward away evil on that day Laughing Laughing

5Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:22 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not superstitious. I open up umbrellas very often and walk under ladders sometimes and it's funny to see people get all "oh my, that's bad luck". I like the number 13 and 666, so meh. I wish I lived on a 13th floor on a 13th street, it'll be cool Very Happy sadly most buildings don't have a "13" floor, pussies.

6Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

I totally always watch Horror movies on Friday the 13th, same as I do on Halloween. It's like a mini-Halloween for me. Very Happy

I have Netlix'd Sick Girl and War Wolves I'll be watching tomorrow, plus a host I own I could rewatch if I get desparate....

I'm not superstitious, like I love the number 13, although I get a little weirded out with 666. Like my ebay seller account amount due recently was $6.66 and I was like hmmmmm....., but nothing happened so whatev.

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

7Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was supposed to start my new job tomorrow but it got pushed back to next Friday. I'm not superstitious but my mom and girlfriend are and they were happy to hear that it got pushed back a week.

For those wondering why they had me starting on a Friday…it’s because that’s when their pay period starts.

8Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:16 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
Sweet...you going to watch any horror that day?? I think it should be required to ward away evil on that day Laughing Laughing
Not sure. I still have the last three mvoies left of my Wolfman Legacy Collection, and there is always OnDemand.

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not superstitious. I open up umbrellas very often and walk under ladders sometimes and it's funny to see people get all "oh my, that's bad luck". I like the number 13 and 666, so meh. I wish I lived on a 13th floor on a 13th street, it'll be cool Very Happy sadly most buildings don't have a "13" floor, pussies.
I've heard certain buildings skip that number when titling floors.

9Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:29 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Splitty wrote:I totally always watch Horror movies on Friday the 13th, same as I do on Halloween. It's like a mini-Halloween for me. Very Happy

I have Netlix'd Sick Girl and War Wolves I'll be watching tomorrow, plus a host I own I could rewatch if I get desparate....

I'm not superstitious, like I love the number 13, although I get a little weirded out with 666. Like my ebay seller account amount due recently was $6.66 and I was like hmmmmm....., but nothing happened so whatev.

6.66? That's awesome! If I had a store, I'd sell things for 6.66 instead of 6.99. On June 6th 2006, I was really excited about that date.

prescribeddrone wrote:I'm not superstitious. I open up umbrellas very often and walk under ladders sometimes and it's funny to see people get all "oh my, that's bad luck". I like the number 13 and 666, so meh. I wish I lived on a 13th floor on a 13th street, it'll be cool Very Happy sadly most buildings don't have a "13" floor, pussies.
I've heard certain buildings skip that number when titling floors.[/quote]

Yeah, I've been into hundreds of buildings and I noticed that. I was a bit wowed when I found it, can't believe superstition effects buildings... evil

10Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:31 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Friday the 13th! No_13th_floor

I guess they're afraid of movies that feed off the success of better movies that came out before them?
Friday the 13th! Thirteenth%20floor

11Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Hey, does anybody know why the number 13 is even considered unlucky? There seems to be no solid reasoning for it.
I even looked it up (but was too lazy to do more thatn 2 minutes of reading), and it says certain countries consider it unlucky, but not why, except a few silly things which should't have anything to do with luck for us (like the 13th disciple who was a traitor, 13th norse god was evil, etc).

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

12Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:52 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another cool 13 ref-

Friday the 13th! 2ic5z5z

Friday the 13th! 2d9ntqq

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

13Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:57 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fear of the number 13: Triskaidekaphobia
Fear of Friday the 13th: Paraskevidekatriaphobia (Say that...once fast.)

14Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:10 am

We as a society dislike prime numbers. Down 13 down!!!

I usually have really good luck on Friday the 13th. Could be that I have crappy luck all the rest of the time though.

So here's to today! HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13TH!

15Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:35 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Happy Friday the 13 to all!

16Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:02 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Oh, look at that. So it is. How 'bout that?

17Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm superstitious so i tend to be cautious on Friday the 13th. Better safe than sorry!

18Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

It's nothing to me. Saturday the 14th, on the other hand...watch out!

19Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

13 gets a bad rap.

I mean...how many are in a baker's dozen? Case closed.

20Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Happy Friday the 13th...i stayed home from work and watched Jaws 2 on HBO.

21Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:56 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Friday 13th the Final Chapter is on Spike right now!

22Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i kinda like Friday the Thitrteenth (though this one isn't as to my liking). Anyone know why it's partially a religious holiday?

23Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

BlueMaxx wrote:
Friday the 13th! Thirteenth%20floor

Ugh...that was 8 bucks I regret spending. Thanks for reminding me of that shitburger.

In the words of Mitch Hedburg, "If 13 is an unlucky number, then 12 and 14 are guilty by association."

24Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:36 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Haha! Gold.

25Friday the 13th! Empty Re: Friday the 13th! Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Happy Friday the 13th...i stayed home from work and watched Jaws 2 on HBO.
And the Friday the 13th curse strikes again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum