Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 40]

301The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I appreciated Miguel's passion, but I can see where people's feathers are going to get a little ruffled because he isn't very diplomatic about it. I'm very into getting people into reading non-super-hero stuff, but I also understand that super-hero stuff is peoples' bread and butter. You're not going to convince anyone by attacking what they're into.

302The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

holy shit the way those figures are positioned are fan bloody tastic especially that demon and that azrael!

303The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:08 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Exactly Joshua

304The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:11 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

you fucker keuroac....

you utter fucker....

how could you hate labyrinth?!?

305The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

I think we've been over that

306The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:As for the topic at hand, I can't believe comic books are being compared to Picasso and Beethoven. I love comic books, no doubt about it, but I don't think they're so culturally significant that we need to start a movement to preserve them.

The point that comics are harder to find for non-readers is bogus. If anything comics are easier to find. I can't remember the last time I went to a bookstore that didn't have both graphic novels and single issues. Maybe you won't find comics in gas stations anymore, but the selection is also a lot more broad.

I grew up at the tail end of the era where comics could be found on almost every newsstand and in many grocery store. That is no longer the case. They are harder to find especially in places where you have to drive everywhere.

Joshua wrote:
Lee wrote:
I disagree. I think they're a truly great American artform.
I never said they weren't great, I just don't think they're some sacred endangered species that we need to rally behind, particularly with comic book movies being as big as they are right now, with no slowdown in sight.

I wouldn't say that they are endangered but they are in trouble. There are so many other options to keep you entertained that the comic book industry need to be more proactive in developing it's readership. If they don't the number of readers will only go down further.

307The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Rath99 wrote:go down further.

That's what he said.

308The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:37 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck Ariel, Marry Jasmine, and kill Snow White.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

309The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Like we didn't see THAT one coming.

You love Jasmin, of course you'd fuck the redhead named Ariel - it's like the one two punch of hooking up with Foxy AND Airwolf, and we all know you hate whites.

Laughing

310The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Like we didn't see THAT one coming.

You love Jasmin, of course you'd fuck the redhead named Ariel - it's like the one two punch of hooking up with Foxy AND Airwolf, and we all know you hate whites.

Laughing

I would be surprised if YOU really DIDN'T SEE that coming.

I really do and yes I would fuck Ariel. I kill Snow White because to me, she's completely worthless. See's been with 7 other guys that work in a coal mine all day! Laughing

Laughing Nah, I just rather fuck Ariel (Mermaid) once and be with my sexual fantasy forever! Pretty funny how you came up with that clever theory though...oh yeah, and fuck dem whites!

311The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:25 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Down with whitey!

312The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:32 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Besides, Foxy would want nothing to do with me. Ariel (Airwolf) on the other hand............................................... I'm going to have to renew that restraining order. Laughing Although I do like a little asian, and he fits the bill perfectly! Laughing IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!

313The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All this mention of Foxy is giving me the vapors. blush

314The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:All this mention of Foxy is giving me the vapors. blush

Mnemosis wrote:Like we didn't see THAT one coming.

Laughing

OR...

WHAT AM I? CHOPPED LIVER?! Wink

315The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I kinda got miffed at Miguel constantly stating "You all have probably never heard of the comics I have." That's not a good way to win people over to your cause, because I'd say a good percentage of us are pretty well-read when it comes to comics that aren't from the Big Two.

316The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:07 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I kinda got miffed at Miguel constantly stating "You all have probably never heard of the comics I have." That's not a good way to win people over to your cause, because I'd say a good percentage of us are pretty well-read when it comes to comics that aren't from the Big Two.
Exactly. He may not have meant to, but it came across as pompous, presumptuous, and condescending.

317The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:34 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I agree. I don't think he meant to be that way, but that's definitely how it came across. Overall, though, I love his mission.

318The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

See, this is exactly the problem though. I love his mission too, but he's one of those guys that goes out there and gets in peoples' faces, and they end up liking comics less because of it. At least, that's how I felt last night. His film was great, though, so maybe he was just on a tear last night.

319The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^I think it was just last night. He doesn't come off that way in the film and I've talked to him a couple of times and he doesn't come off like that.

320The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

He did tell me today that he enjoyed being on the show and wonder if you guys hate him. I told him that some thought he was anti superhero and he stressed that he's not.

321The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:33 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:He hated Labyrinth. He kept saying, "It's just David Bowie singing to a roomful of Muppets" like that's a bad thing.

I KNOW!

http://www.PanelsOnPages.com

322The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:34 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:I love Muppets. I love David Bowie. David Bowie singing to a room full of Muppets should have been called Muppapalooza or something, not Labyrinth. For a movie called Labyrinth, I wanted all the best parts of Legend and the Neverending Story, but y'know, in a maze. Instead, I got Muppapalooza.

This makes absolutely no sense.

323The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Tis a fair request. As for Labyrinth... I was an only child with no friends. I know what the front of the box tells me, so all I knew was Bowie dressed weird and the name Labyrinth. That painted a vivid picture in my mind that the movie did not match in the least.

That's not the movie's fault.

324The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Tripper McGee

Tripper McGee
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Miguel inspired me to make a tank top out of COMICS to help spread the word about COMICS. FUCKING COMICS!

325The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 13 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

LISTEN! (to Tripper's boobs)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum