Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+41
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Ska
Topcat
The Ignored One
goatt
Demonweasel
Administrator
comicgeekelly
Denim
Tripper McGee
GigaToast
BlueMaxx
alucardbarnivous
rwe1138
TENIME_art
Chi-Town Spidey
krpykrwly
Batman25JM
melvinlikechris
elijahdprophet
potatojoe
Sci-Fi
Mnemosis
jaydee74
Lee
Sean T. Collins
shining knight
Captain Painway
wickidchyld
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Combo Mo
Esbat
The Chris Ward Experience
Debaser77
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Rath99
45 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 40]

526The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Are you listening, or was that just an uncanny guess?
Laughing

Uncanny guess it seems. I started the podcast, but didn't get very far before people flooded into my office.

527The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Heh... just wait.

528The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some things regarding Avatar.

1.) It is officially the second highest-grossing movie worldwide, second only to Titanic. However, those numbers are not adjusted for inflation.

2.) Most of Avatar's receipts come from either 3D or IMAX shows, which have much higher ticket prices than a standard movie ticket.

3.) If you have any inclination at all to see Avatar, do it now while it's in theaters. See it in IMAX in 3D. But don't watch it more than once, because it's long and dull. Avatar should be seen for nothing more than the incredible leap in technology it makes. Regardless of how I feel about the bland and didactic story, it's the best-looking movie I've ever seen.

529The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Spider-Man wrote:I'll watch Dexter if you watch Chuck! Deal?

I watched the first season of Chuck. Didn't grab me.

530The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Spider-Man wrote:I'll watch Dexter if you watch Chuck! Deal?

I watched the first season of Chuck. Didn't grab me.

Shocked

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

531The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:01 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You really should watch Dexter, Peter. It's one of the best shows ever made.

532The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Mnemosis wrote:1) WHY AM I MARY STEENBERGEN!?

Because you fuck Ted Danson?

I completely agree with Knize about rebooting the Prequels, only this time have Spielberg direct them like he was once rumored to do. Then they may have some actual heart. Lucas' 22 years out of the director's chair really erased whatever greatness he once had. He's not a filmmaker anymore...he's a businessman.

533The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:07 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Debaser77 wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:1) WHY AM I MARY STEENBERGEN!?

Because you fuck Ted Danson?

I completely agree with Knize about rebooting the Prequels, only this time have Spielberg direct them like he was once rumored to do. Then they may have some actual heart. Lucas' 22 years out of the director's chair really erased whatever greatness he once had. He's not a filmmaker anymore...he's a businessman.

To be fair...I think George Lucas is about as skilled and revered as a director as Kevin Smith. Both are more known for their storytelling and characters. I mean...until the prequels, Lucas only directed American Graffiti...and A New Hope...right?

534The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh man, loving on Doakes. Love it. Doakes is easily my favorite character in Dexter. Season 2 takes him on a wild ride.

535The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ Lucas made THX 1138, then American Grafitti, and he was the original choice to direct Apocalypse Now.

536The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

The discussion of the Holiday Special made me think of this, which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Oh, and my wife has all but promised to rock the Slave Leia costume one day. And that will be the greatest day of my life!

537The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:The discussion of the Holiday Special made me think of this, which is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Oh, and my wife has all but promised to rock the Slave Leia costume one day. And that will be the greatest day of my life!

LMAO!

That day will be awesome for you! Jealous!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

538The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:10 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are really only two ways to watch all six Star Wars movies.

Either 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3
Or 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6

539The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:
4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6

I can get behind that order.

540The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In regards to replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen, putting the logic behind the change aside because that could be argued all day long, I just thought it was a shitty thing to do to Sebastian Shaw.

541The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Agreed. And I will not make another Hellfire Club reference. I will, however, point out that you forgot one of the viewing orders for the films:

4, 5, 6

542The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote: I will, however, point out that you forgot one of the viewing orders for the films:

4, 5, 6
Laughing

Oh my goodness, who made the crying Ewok noise? That was dead-on.

543The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I gotta disagree about the Yoda fight. I found the idea that Yoda, the supreme mental strategist of the Jedi, bouncing around like a ninja/super ball really lame.

I would have loved seeing Yoda walk into the room with like four lightsabers floating around him while he stayed all serene and mellow controlling them with his mind.

544The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:47 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yoda getting his hands dirty was pretty cool to see the very first time, but it definitely doesn't hold up well on repeat viewings. The best fight for him is with Palpatine when they're tearing the Senate apart.

545The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:51 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Joshua wrote:Yoda getting his hands dirty was pretty cool to see the very first time, but it definitely doesn't hold up well on repeat viewings. The best fight for him is with Palpatine when they're tearing the Senate apart.

Indeed. Any reason to see him Jedi it up with the powers he teaches Luke about, rather than swing a sword, feels like it fits the character better.

546The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Plus, why even bother to pick up a weapon if you can destroy someone with your mind? It'd be like Charles Xavier fighting people with a gun. And I'm saying that as a prequels apologist.

547The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Joshua wrote:It'd be like Charles Xavier fighting people with a gun.

Well stated.

The prequels seem like they were written by a group of 50 or so Star Wars fanboys all masturbating in a room together.

548The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoy the prequels (episode II less so), but I agree that it's just a lot of bad fan-service. Did Boba Fett, C-3PO, R2D2, and Jabba the Hutt really have to make appearances? Hell, Greedo is even in a deleted scene.

I'll admit that the fanboy in me did love Chewbacca showing up, but his involvement actually made some sense. Having Darth Vader be Threepio's maker is awful. It's like fan fiction with a budget.

549The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are parts in the prequals I really enjoyed, and there are parts I wish to never see again. They were not 100% terrible, but they were not great either.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

550The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd totally buy this if I could get a David Carradine version to pair with it:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=8254&affiliate=CD988
The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 010710leiavsjabba_01
The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 22 010710leiavsjabba_02

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum: