Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread

+25
Silent K
(._Y_.)
Metal Misfit
Debaser77
darth__frodo
shining knight
jaydee74
shiky800
Tom
Batman25JM
supervenom
FroZen
krpykrwly
Joshua
Nymn
melvinlikechris
The_Donster
Matt
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Off_White_Lantern
kidspider2099
Spaced4SimonPegg
Thundermatts
ChrisToPhenom
BlueMaxx
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've noticed a few on here like this guy, and I'll admit AotS helped inspire me, but he is possibly the best worst actor. He keeps getting work. He keeps destroying the movies he's apart of. It is just...insane how studios keep...does he pay studios to cast him? Is that why he's broke now? Seriously.
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Niccagegoofysmile
Apparently I'm not the only one and that makes me feel good inside. Knowing that the world isn't that crazy. Now, Joshua here at P.o.P! did point out the one good movie that he was good in, and that film is Raising Arizona. One gem in a filmography of 60 and a film that was made over 2 decades ago doesn't justify his sustained career, though. I can hear you now--"But BlueMaxx, he's been in good movies." Exactly, he's been in good movies, doesn't mean he's made them that way. Think of all the okay to fun movies that he's been in. His parts in those okay ones (Rock, Face/Off, Adaptation, Matchstick Men and few others, and I'm sure the upcoming Kick-Ass) were so simple that they could've been played by so many, and more to the point, someone better.

Many bad actors--too many to where I care to list--that just don't compare to this guy's lack of good, let alone great. Did anyone else think while watching the unbelievably bad Knowing that the end of days would break the 4th wall by having his bad acting be the result of the planet's annihilation? I did.

Maybe he'll go to prison because of his debt?
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Nicolas-cage-raising-arizona
Wouldn't that be great? Won't happen, and you know it. He's a frickin' celebrity. If anything, he'll go to a prison that has "rehabiliation" in the title.

So, for all of you who feel me, express your disdain with the most malicious, hate-filled rants ever. Laughing And, if you suck, defend him...or whatever-the-fuck. tongue

Oh, and this is what's to come. The Sorcerer's Apprentice.
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Nicolas-cage-abracadabra
Sleep Why Disney? Just fucking why?

2Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:45 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not a big fan of him but I loved him in Gone in 60 Seconds, National Treasure (thanks High School!) and Ghost Rider. I don't remember him on anything else at the moment but I think he's decent.

3Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:59 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:I'm not a big fan of him but I loved him in Gone in 60 Seconds, National Treasure (thanks High School!) and Ghost Rider. I don't remember him on anything else at the moment but I think he's decent.
grrr Loved him? In something? Ghost Rider!?!?! You don't remember anything else because your brain is either fried, in denial or is forcing you to forget, even considering your bad taste. Wink Laughing

"Decent" is not a word that Cage deserves in a statement about him, either.

4Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:10 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 34xkxue

5Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:36 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with you Blue Maxx.

I think next to Keanu Reeves Nic Cage is one of the worst actors still working today.

I will admit that Raising Arizona is one of my favorite movies, but that is the only movie I can tolerate him in.

I thought Leaving Las Vegas is one of the most overrated movies, The Rock was decent because some how Connery's acting overshadowed Cage's shitty acting, Ghostrider was laughable and Knowing would have been better if he had never been cast.

I think the fact that he is a Coppola there is a huge assumption that he can act. I have no idea how he won an Oscar...that must have been some pretty important dick he sucked for that one.

I think his remake of the Bad Lieutenant looks like an SNL parody.

He has proven himself to be a non-bankable star with his string of bombs. So, how he still gets acting jobs can be the 8th wonder of the world. Laughing

6Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:43 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked him in wicker man that was a great comedy.

wait that wasn't a comedy? who knew.

i do agree Keanu is horrible

7Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:38 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Yeah I really cant stand him. He plays the same character in every movie hes in. On a personal note he is in financial trouble even though he makes more than 20 million a year. Owned 2 castles, an island, countless cars and tons of other stuff he didnt need.

Gawd he deserves to lose his ass.

8Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 34xkxue

Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 1254964741215s

But seriously, I think there are worse things that are an affront to all that is good than Nic Cage, namely, everything on the Disney Channel (though I do find myself less and less bothered by Miley Cyrus (since I constantly remind myself she is a Radiohead fan and thus can't be all bad, but I digress), and that damnable Taylor Swift. In any case, as for this thread....

Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 1256002391021

tongue Laughing

9Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:05 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

He was awesome in Raising Arizona and in leaving Las Vegas. He did a pretty good job in Valley Girl. He's gone down hill since< but the man loves comics and even took his last name from Luke Cage so I'll cut him some slack.

if you want bad acting look no further then Tommy Wiseau

10Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:07 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:He was awesome in Raising Arizona and in leaving Las Vegas. He did a pretty good job in Valley Girl. He's gone down hill since< but the man loves comics and even took his last name from Luke Cage so I'll cut him some slack.

I feel angry all of a sudden. What did I just watch? Mad

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : QUOTING MULTIPLE VIDS IS BAD!)

11Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:14 am

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Matt wrote:He was awesome in Raising Arizona and in leaving Las Vegas. He did a pretty good job in Valley Girl. He's gone down hill since< but the man loves comics and even took his last name from Luke Cage so I'll cut him some slack.

[/flash]

It's from a movie called The Room written, Directed and starring Tommy Wiseau. It's building a cult following and they are starting to do midnight showings of it like Rocky Horror

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : QUOTING MULTIPLE VIDS IS BAD!)

12Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:16 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:

It's from a movie called The Room written, Directed and starring Tommy Wiseau. It's building a cult following and they are starting to do midnight showings of it like Rocky Horror

Shocked
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 1258138066665
shake my head

Last edited by Tomer Soiker on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : QUOTING MULTIPLE VIDS IS BAD!)

13Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:58 am

The_Donster

The_Donster
Pirate
Pirate

You know, it's funny I was just thinking this the other day when watching The Family Man. Now I do like his earlier stuff where he seemed to try a little harder. I think what happened to him, is what happens to alot of actors. They get a bit of success, they become "Hollywood Rich", to use a better term. In reviewing his filmography, these seems to have happened to him several times throughout his career. Need proof, check it out and you'll see the pattern. He does a few good ones, then a bunch of bad ones. Yes, he is a comic fan. It doesn't mean he needs to be in a comic movie. The kid who played the younger Johnny Blaze should have been Johnny throughout the movie and Cage could have executive or co-produced the film. Yes, the movie would have still sucked because it was basically the Elektra premise for Ghost Rider Wink There are a few jewels in between the crap. If he doesn't get his shit straight soon, he's going to find himself either in a buddy movie with Wesley Snipes or doing Disney movies-comedies with the rest of the washed up.

14Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 am

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I will admit that 8MM is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, and who the fuck doesn't love Con Air!

15Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 34xkxue
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread 1254964741215s
But seriously, I think there are worse things that are an affront to all that is good than Nic Cage, namely, everything on the Disney Channel (though I do find myself less and less bothered by Miley Cyrus (since I constantly remind myself she is a Radiohead fan and thus can't be all bad, but I digress), and that damnable Taylor Swift. In any case, as for this thread....
And ThunderMatts with the weak rebuttal.

Also, you're missing my point. If you'd have read, I said compared to many actors who are bad, his quantity is outrageous.

Matt wrote:
Aha! I've heard of this. I want to see it it is so bad. I think the cult-following is my only reason that I want to see it, though. tongue

melvinlikechris wrote:I will admit that 8MM is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, and who the fuck doesn't love Con Air!
Couldn't make it through 8MM, and Con Air?!
"Well, Baby-O, it's not exactly mai-thais and yatzee out here but... let's do it!"
"Put... the bunny... back... in the box."
And here's the sum of the movie, cheesily put into dialogue by his character: "They somehow managed to get every creep and freak in the universe onto this one plane. And then somehow managed to let them take it over. And then somehow managed to stick us right smack in the middle." *shudder*
Con Air is slightly fun for one watch because of Cusack and Malkovich.

Plus, anytime you look like the leadsinger of Nickelback, you've failed.
Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Chad-kroeger-from-nickleback-totally-looks-like-nicolas-cage-from-con-air

16Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:13 am

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I like him and the movies I've seen him in! Well, except for Ghost Rider, that one was pretty blah.

17Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:05 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Nicolas Cage is a fine actor, depending on the material. I don't enjoy him as an action star, but in dramatic roles he works well. I can understand not being a fan, but hating him so much as to create an entire thread mocking him? I just can't wrap my head around that kind of petty behavior. But then, what do I know? I think Nicolas Cage is a fine actor.

18Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:28 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I think Nicolas Cage is a fine actor, depending on the material. I don't enjoy him as an action star, but in dramatic roles he works well. I can understand not being a fan, but hating him so much as to create an entire thread mocking him? I just can't wrap my head around that kind of petty behavior. But then, what do I know? I think Nicolas Cage is a fine actor.

I wonder if Nicholas Cage will ever read this thread and take these observations to heart.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

19Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
I wonder if Nicholas Cage will ever read this thread and take these observations to heart.
I'm pretty sure BlueMaxx is Nic Cage and he's hoping for people to rush to his defense.

20Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:37 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting theory.

I liked the visuals in Ghost Rider and Con Air is tons of fun.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

21Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:I will admit that 8MM is actually a guilty pleasure of mine, and who the fuck doesn't love Con Air!

First time I watched Con Air I liked it. The second time I watched it I noticed how bad it actually was. I mean really Nic Cage just sucked in that movie! I think he had an accent in that movie (or was supposed to) that apparently came and went the whole time.
I watch alot of movies so I've seen just about every movie he's ever been in. Overall he just sucks in general.

And now...a look into Nicolas Cages mind:

Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Nicola10

"I think I need another castle...or the moon...wonder if I can buy the moon?"

22Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:56 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

nah the worst actor is actually Val Kilmer. you're gonna get it

23Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:nah the worst actor is actually Val Kilmer. you're gonna get it
WHAT?! Val Kilmer is great!

24Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:01 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
supervenom wrote:nah the worst actor is actually Val Kilmer. you're gonna get it
WHAT?! Val Kilmer is great!
lol! lol! lol!

25Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Empty Re: Nicolas Cage Sucks-The Thread Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Matt wrote:

[/flash]

Yeah I read about this movie in Parade. They do midnight showing of Showgirls too lmao. I understand Rocky Horror but getting into some of these movies is just sad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum