Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRON MAN 2

+54
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
kreepfan
Gojiratoho
vikoros
Chief Kamachi
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
dmahoney
Denim
Zeroskull21
azrael07
Sapphire Gypsy
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
DickGrayson007
Debaser77
potatojoe
dpool666
G_Zatara
Spazzy
Paroxysm
Warren_Worthington IV
TENIME_art
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
shark6495
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
MikeSabian
riv1
Thundermatts
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
breatheasy
Batman25JM
Esbat
rwe1138
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
Administrator
wickidchyld
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
Silent K
Rath99
BlueMaxx
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 16]

151IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:16 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:^It's taking every fiber of my being not to click that...my balls will be bright blue come May 7th. Laughing

mine as well

152IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

but do you want to SEE it?

click if you do

Spoiler:

153IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:37 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Saw this tonight (aahhh, staff preview screenings!). Loved it. Favreau has completely trumped his first effort. Rourke, Johansson, Cheadle & Rockwell all turn in great performances (some definate "OHH!!!" moments with Rourke, esp.), and that reveal post-credits... I'm still tingling from it. There is also one explicit Marvel Universe/Avengers reference within the movie that will completely wow you - I cracked up at it.

154IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:25 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That wasn't too big a spoiler. Kind of a given. But exciting, none the less.

155IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thought this was hilarious via Bendis and Geoff Johns Twitter pages...

Bendis: im2 premiere memory. every time i bump into @GeoffJohns0 it's like looking into another dimension or something. i think he feels the same.

Johns: @BRIANMBENDIS I feel the exact same way. But it's like a good dimension. Someday we will team-up, Bendis!!!

Would be awesome to see. yes

156IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:59 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they ever teamup and do another DC/Marvel crossover I might need to wash my pants Very Happy

157IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I believe they agreed to call it Secret Crisis in a joint Wizard interview once. Laughing

Infinite Invasion could work too....oh or Blackest Siege!

158IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

too big a budget, too many people to pay, too much going on that would possibly crap it up. leave DC movies DC and leave marvel movies marvel. like seriously, you could have 5 dark knight type movies on your hands or 50 ghost riders......think real hard about that.

159IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:too big a budget, too many people to pay, too much going on that would possibly crap it up. leave DC movies DC and leave marvel movies marvel. like seriously, you could have 5 dark knight type movies on your hands or 50 ghost riders......think real hard about that.
They're referring to comics not movies though. The only reason I posted that here was cuz they were talking about meeting at the IM2 premiere. Wink

160IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 01, 2010 1:39 am

dpool666

dpool666
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Watched jay leno, had mickey on, I think h is going to play both whip and dynamo, cause when Tony talks to him in jail, he had russian accent and Russian dad

161IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 01, 2010 2:01 am

dpool666

dpool666
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Seeing it in imax

BOOYAH!!!

162IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 02, 2010 11:22 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.movieviral.com/2010/05/02/iron-man-2-already-earns-100-million-worldwide-before-even-opening-in-america/

163IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 02, 2010 11:28 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damns's's.

164IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 03, 2010 10:14 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:http://www.movieviral.com/2010/05/02/iron-man-2-already-earns-100-million-worldwide-before-even-opening-in-america/
big grin

165IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I saw it tonight, here is my spoiler-free review:

The problem with starting a franchise with a movie as strong as the first Iron Man is that the bar is raised high for sequels. Sometimes they reach that bar, like The Empire Strikes Back or The Dark Knight. Most often they fail to recreate the same magic as the first movie, like 90% of all sequels. Unfortunately Iron Man 2 falls in the latter category. That's not to say it's a bad movie, because it isn't, but it certainly pales in comparison to the first movie.

What's wrong with Iron Man 2? Not a ton of things, but enough to leave me feeling non-plussed at the end. The movie starts strong, and got me jazzed pretty quickly. It starts with the soon-to-be villain of the movie and then quickly switches over to Tony Stark, played with the perfect amount of swagger and charm by Robert Downey Jr. The first act of the movie is solid and has just the right amounts of characterization, story, and action. The problem occurs in the middle act, where the movie grinds to a halt. While I loved the first movie, I did feel it could have used slightly more action. I forgave it for the minor flaw because it was an origin story. I assumed with the origin out of the way the second movie could focus on the action and let us see Iron Man really cut loose. Instead we get an overlong, meandering, and mostly pointless second act that feels bloated. While the third act does punctuate the movie with a nice action piece, it's too little too late because I stopped caring about the story an hour before. I won't list any spoilers, but the movie introduces a completely unnecessary and arbitrary plot point that serves no real purpose. If this one MacGuffin had been removed the story would not have changed one bit. Without a doubt, this was what bothered me the most about the movie; it's pointless and boring. While it wasn't completely torturous to sit through on an initial viewing, I can foresee Iron Man 2 not holding up on subsequent viewings because of this long and overextended middle act.

There were other problems, some bigger than others, but one of the bigger ones is the fact that I never got a sense of heroics or altruism from the main character. In the first movie Tony Stark grows as a character and made my heart soar when he accepts his responsibility as a super-hero. None of that is present here. Iron Man goes from point A to point B, not because anyone is ever really in danger, but because the movie needs him to punch up some action beats. I never experience the thrills or goosebumps the first movie gave me. There was never any real big payoff because there never felt like any real threat, which leads into my second gripe. The movie lacks a sense of danger. Oh sure, there are a couple of typical bad guys running around, but they rarely interact with Stark and their motivations are only glimpsed at. Mickey Rourke was sensational as Ivan Danko (sp?), but his character was completely short-changed. He gets some development towards the beginning, but quickly falls by the wayside. He lacked the complexity and layers that his character deserved and needed. Mickey Rourke does well with what he's given, but unfortunately he isn't given much. Also, it's a minor nerd-gripe, but if he could give Scarlet Johannson some pointers on a Russian accent, that'd be great. Sam Rockwell is a fun villain, playing the poor man's Tony Stark, but again, never quite reaches that peak of villainy that a sequel needs. He's set-up to come back in a later movie with an axe to grind, but he never felt like much of a threat so who cares if he comes back? The movie paints him as an incompetent buffoon. Gwyneth Paltrow reprises her role as Pepper Potts and again, knocks it out of the park. Don Cheadle replaces Terence Howard as Rhodes and I thought he did well, at least, did well the material at handl. I never had a problem accepting him in the movie, he blended in well. Scarlet Johannson is serviceable as the Black Widow. I was irritated she lacked the Russian accent of her comic book counterpart, but she worked well and her one little bit of action is actually one of the stronger bits in the movie.

All that said, while the movie has a lot of problems, it also does things well enough that I'll go ahead and give it the recommendation. I don't foresee it joining its predecessor in my DVD library (until I find it on clearance anyway), but I mostly enjoyed myself. The movie has some really funny bits and while the action is extremely minimal, when it's there it's good.

Bottom line, Iron Man 2 is not a must-see. It's a pretty typical sequel. Still, there are worse ways to spend a couple of hours. Give it a shot, your mileage may vary.

166IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed May 05, 2010 6:29 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New ScarJo's accent wasn't gonna ring in any ears. tongue

Still wanna see it. *salivates*

167IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

168IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wanna see this midnight tonight but I think I'll have to wait till tomorrow. Sad

169IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 3:27 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Seeing it tonite!!

170IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Laughing

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao

I LOVE ItsJustSomeRandomGuy.

171IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"I reckon that suits me just fine."

172IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 5:49 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Batman25JM wrote:

His panel at C2E2 was a lot of fun.

Here's Roger Ebert's review of Iron Man 2. He didn't like it as much as the first one but had positive things to say about it. Not surprisingly, it's a pretty well-written review.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100505/REVIEWS/100509987

173IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

Here's Roger Ebert's review of Iron Man 2. He didn't like it as much as the first one but had positive things to say about it. Not surprisingly, it's a pretty well-written review.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100505/REVIEWS/100509987
You and I tend to have pretty similar taste in movies, so I'm interested to see how you receive Iron Man 2.

The hardest part about seeing the movie early is that I haven't had anyone to discuss it with.

174IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 6:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

I so wish I would have been able to go. Sad

175IRON MAN 2 - Page 7 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Thu May 06, 2010 7:18 pm

jaydee74