Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRON MAN 2

+54
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
kreepfan
Gojiratoho
vikoros
Chief Kamachi
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
dmahoney
Denim
Zeroskull21
azrael07
Sapphire Gypsy
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
DickGrayson007
Debaser77
potatojoe
dpool666
G_Zatara
Spazzy
Paroxysm
Warren_Worthington IV
TENIME_art
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
shark6495
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
MikeSabian
riv1
Thundermatts
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
breatheasy
Batman25JM
Esbat
rwe1138
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
Administrator
wickidchyld
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
Silent K
Rath99
BlueMaxx
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 16]

351IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:
I think MOST of the people going to see Iron Man could probably identify Captain America's shield.
You give the casual movie going audience way too much credit.

yup

352IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 8:44 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My barely nerdy gay "brother" could identify the shield. Now he did lean over to me and say "That's Captain America's shield right?" but he knew it.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

353IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Go to a theater after Iron Man 2 has recently let out an audience and interview everyone that comes out of the theater. I'd be surprised if half of them had any idea what the shield was in reference to.

354IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I could hear people saying "what is that?" when they showed the shield. They were reacting to the nerd gasps that a third of the audience made when the shield was shown.

355IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The question is does it really fucking matter if the normies knew what it was or not. It was put in there for the nerds. When the Cap movie comes out they'll all understand.

I say screw 'em. I knew what it was. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

356IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I never said it mattered, I was simply performing one of my favorite activities: refuting Kerouac. big grin

357IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

"Refuting Kerouac" is a sex move. Get on it, Josh. Voicemail is 616-951-1POP.

358IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 16, 2010 12:03 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I was in the theater and the shield was shown, people mumbled for second.

359IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 16, 2010 12:16 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

360IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 16, 2010 12:51 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:"Refuting Kerouac" is a sex move. Get on it, Josh. Voicemail is 616-951-1POP.
I want to, but every sexual permutation I attempt to make fit the definition is lame. I'm just not feeling very creative these days.

361IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 16, 2010 7:54 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I enjoyed this movie. I thought it was a great progression from the first movie. I liked how the armor and the power source in Tony's chest was actually doing him harm and part of the movie had to do with him finding a safer permanent substitute to what he was using. I also liked the whole "legacy" theme to this movie when it came to the relationship between Tony and his father. It was used just enough without it be underplayed and I liked it. I also liked Ivan Vanko's motive also had to do with legacy issues dealing with his father and how it linked with Tony's father as well.

I liked Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer. I felt that he was a bit cheesy in parts but I guess that was the point of the role. I don't know. Samuel L. Jackson was.....well Samuel L. Jackson I guess. I liked his part in the movie. He did just enough with the role and was there it seemed to point Tony in the right direction and whatnot.

Scarlet Johansson. Not a fan. She's nice to look at but I've never been impressed with her as an actress but I didn't think she brought much to the role. I just saw Scarlet and not the Black Widow. I have no idea as to how John Favreau wanted her to play the part but she played it like an emotionless drone. Those Justin Hammer robots at the end of the movie had more character than Scarlet did in her role and it took me out a bit. When you consider what a great character actress Emily Blunt is, she could have done tremendous things with the role and I can only imagine that they would have had her done a Russian accent and somehow intertwined the Black Widow and Whiplash's connection in some way. It's a shame when you think of the possibilities and what could have been. Then when you consider that Emily Blunt could have been the Black Widow, it made me sad:
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00022362.html

Overall, I thought the movie was good. I was listening to Comic Geek Speak and I agree with Jamie D's opening statements about the movie. Especially about the villains. It wasn't bad but it could have been much better and I think I liked the first one better. Still, there was more that I liked than I didn't like and it wasn't so much that there weren't things I didn't like but maybe a bit disappointed in certain aspects. Overall, good movie. Not as good as the first one but the last scene after the credits was awesome.

Another thing I had heard when it pertains to Emily Blunt is that she was disappointed about not getting the role for Black Widow, she turned down a role in Captain America:

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/6461/why-emily-blunt-turned-down-captain-america-role
http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/emily-blunt-turns-down-captain-america-for-catwoman-role.php

I think Emily Blunt's scheduling conflicted with her getting the role of Black Widow right? I think Marvel really wanted her but it just didn't work out. She would have been great IMO, but maybe not the same level of starpower that ScarJo provides.

Maybe not but she's a great character actor. She's been in some great movies and when you already have star power like Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and even Mickey Rourke has a bit of star-power nowadays, using Emily Blunt instead of Scarlet would not had made a difference. It's a shame because I think she would have been just the perfect person for the role.

362IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 17, 2010 11:42 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Movie wasnt even close to part one. Felt rushed and didnt focus much time on dialogue or story instead turning into Transformers 3. A lot of the movie was metal flying around for the sake of cgi action.

See, I don't get that argument at all. There were large stretches of the movie with no CGI or action at all. There was a lot more character development than pure action if you ask me. Heck, an argument could be made that there wasn't enough action.

Even without the action for actions sake the movie wasnt real good. Top ten critics in Entertainment averaged a C for the movie. Moved away from what worked for part one and added too many characters that nobody cared about.

I wasnt real crazy about Kick Ass but it was much better than Iron Man 2. (Yeah shocked me too)

363IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 17, 2010 1:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Movie wasnt even close to part one. Felt rushed and didnt focus much time on dialogue or story instead turning into Transformers 3. A lot of the movie was metal flying around for the sake of cgi action.

See, I don't get that argument at all. There were large stretches of the movie with no CGI or action at all. There was a lot more character development than pure action if you ask me. Heck, an argument could be made that there wasn't enough action.

Even without the action for actions sake the movie wasnt real good. Top ten critics in Entertainment averaged a C for the movie. Moved away from what worked for part one and added too many characters that nobody cared about.

I wasnt real crazy about Kick Ass but it was much better than Iron Man 2. (Yeah shocked me too)

Well that's your opinion, that's fine. I was just saying I thought you were dead wrong about there being too much action, just don't see how that argument holds any water.

364IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I would probably agree that I enjoyed Kick-Ass more.

365IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 17, 2010 2:15 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

I still haven't seen either one yet. I'll wait for disc.

366IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think I liked Iron Man 2 more than Kick-Ass, but I definitely enjoyed The Losers more than both.

367IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 18, 2010 1:24 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Joshua wrote:I think I liked Iron Man 2 more than Kick-Ass, but I definitely enjoyed The Losers more than both.

Have not seen that one yet need to check it out.

368IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Well that's your opinion, that's fine. I was just saying I thought you were dead wrong about there being too much action, just don't see how that argument holds any water.

A more detailed description: Too many big name actors that were there for name recognition only, too much action for the sake of action and waaaay too many subplots and loose stories going on at the same time. Summed up it worked like a cookie cutter hero movie not like the first Robert Downey character driven film.

369IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 18, 2010 2:23 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

A more detailed description: Too many big name actors that were there for name recognition only, too much action for the sake of action and waaaay too many subplots and loose stories going on at the same time. Summed up it worked like a cookie cutter hero movie not like the first Robert Downey character driven film.

Got it. I respectfully disagree with pretty much all of that though. The actors were chosen because they are grade A top-level talent like Rourke, Cheadle, etc. ScarJo wasn't their first choice for the role but she did a reasonably good job and kicked some serious ass when it came down to it. I thought the the subplots were well done and added a good deal of depth to the movie rather than just having a simple linear plot. The stuff with Tony's dad added a nice dimension to the character. I agree that the first film was a great character-driven story about Tony Stark, but with the sequel you want to expand his universe a bit. I thought it was still a character-driven story, just with a little more of the supporting cast involved this time around, which imo is a good thing. Good discussion though.

370IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think if I were to rank them, it would be:

Kick Ass (I was surprised as to how much I enjoyed this movie)
Iron Man 2 (It was good. I don't think it was better than the original but it was good)
The Losers (I enjoyed it but it just felt like a "paint-by-numbers" action movie. Didn't do much for me but didn't hate it)

371IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 18, 2010 1:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

372IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Wed May 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got back from seeing this again (it was my second viewing). I have to say that I liked it a LOT better this time. I highly enjoyed it the first time through, but I had unrealistic expectations that I think clouded my judgement. This time I could just sit back and enjoy. I also have to say that the breaks in between the action didn't feel as long this time.

I still wish that the final battle with Vanko had lasted longer, but that's a minor complaint.

I took my mom this time, and she loved it. She's not a comic fan at all, but she thought it was great.

373IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is epic!

lmao

374IRON MAN 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Mon May 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja