Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRON MAN 2

+54
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
kreepfan
Gojiratoho
vikoros
Chief Kamachi
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
dmahoney
Denim
Zeroskull21
azrael07
Sapphire Gypsy
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
DickGrayson007
Debaser77
potatojoe
dpool666
G_Zatara
Spazzy
Paroxysm
Warren_Worthington IV
TENIME_art
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
shark6495
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
MikeSabian
riv1
Thundermatts
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
breatheasy
Batman25JM
Esbat
rwe1138
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
Administrator
wickidchyld
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
Silent K
Rath99
BlueMaxx
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 16]

201IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 4:34 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got back from this, loved it! Great story, gorgeous effects, and impressive character development. We all knew RDJ would be phenomenal as Tony Stark, which he was, but I also really liked Cheadle as Rhodey, Gwyneth as Pep, and Scarlet as Black Widow. She was actually surprisingly very good, and smokin hot neutral. Mickey Rourke gave an inspired performance as Whiplash too, his Russian and Russian accent were spot on. And Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer kinda just stole the show. Sam Jackson had his moments but it wasn't his best performance, he did look badass as Fury though!

**kinda spoilers**

The story overall was very well put together, with some subtle nods to classic Iron Man comic stories like "Demon in a Bottle" and "Armor Wars". The well timed humor was still there from the first film, as well as the heart. I liked the way they explored Tony's relationship with his dad Howard Stark. It really humanizes Tony, not to mention potentially opens up some cool Marvel Universe connections. The final battle was badass, although I wish the fight with Whiplash would have lasted longer. War Machine kicked some serious ass, and Tony's "Extremis" armor upgrades were damn awesome.

Then of course the tie-in moments with SHIELD and the Avengers made me totally geek out. It's such an ambitious move to create this shared cinematic Marvel Universe, you just have to love that as a comic fan if nothing else. Oh, and I ruined my pants at the end credits scene!

Two thumbs up from me. thumbs up

202IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 4:46 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My Iron Man 2 thoughts:

It was good. A few people say that it dragged, while that isn't *really*
true, I think they just expected/hoped for way more action. This had like 4 or 5
big action scenes, the rest was for story and plot development. It was
an entertaining and well done and Robert Downy Jr. was spot on and as funny as ever.

Can't wait to buy it on bluray.

*I speak Russian so I approve of Mickie telling Hammer he talks too much.

203IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I broke down and found the part that's after the credits on youtube.
Spoiler:

204IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There is something about him in the movie, Astro.

205IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 10:11 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sawit last night, here's my reveiw;
Things I didn't like:
* The part where Tony and Pepper are on the plane and he tells her "you complete me" from the trailer isn't in the movie
* The editing in the first bit seemed too sloppy for me. Like they just went to Monaco for no reason to me.
* Pepper seems to be the "Rhodey" of the flick where pretty much all she did was be flabbergasted by Tony
* The Tony/Pepper relationship from the first flick seemed to be ignored until the finale
Things I liked:
* Mickey Rourke's and Sam Rockwell's performances as the villains. Loved Rourke as the genius muscle and Rockwell's slimey Tony Stark
* Rhodey finally got to do something!
* Tony Stark
* Scarlett Johansen's role as Black Widow (I fully agree with her not having a Russian accent to fit in with the Americans)
* Sam Jackson's Nick Fury, despite only one scene, was cool as Nick Fury
* Happy Hogan fighting with Black Widow against Hammer's guards
* The fight at Stark Expo in the finale

I'd say this was as good as the first movie, maybe a little better. Loved the fights with Whiplash and
Spoiler:
The end scene with
Spoiler:
I was kinda wondering how Tony sounded like he revered his father in the first flick but I guess sadly that was an act. Liked the Walt Disney-esque intro with Howard Stark's world of tomorrow. Id say this was a 4/5 Cuckatoos (not sure how to spell it)

206IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 11:38 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Astro13Zombie wrote:I broke down and found the part that's after the credits on youtube.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

207IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Alright, now you all have an excuse to watch the Spill Crew's animated review! yes

208IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 3:06 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Alright, now you all have an excuse to watch the Spill Crew's animated review! yes

Can't anymore.

209IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 3:36 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Spider_Fan14"]
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Alright, now you all have an excuse to watch the Spill Crew's animated review! yes
Can't anymore.
If they disabled the embed, all you have to do is click the YouTube watermark.

210IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to give it a 3 out of 5. There were alot of things I enjoyed about the move, but many I did not. I felt Rockwell was too campy. He was not believable for me. I wanted more Rokue, his character had real motivation and also was well rounded. I felt that while Scarlett looked great as Widow, she was not Widow. As a matter of fact her entire role could be taken out of the movie and it would not change a thing really.
Spoiler:

Things I did like though, Cheadles Rhodey was amazing. Seeing the War Machine Armor. The fight's were fun. The Captain America easter egg was also enjoyable.

I am not saying it is a bad movie at all, but I think there is a bit too much overhype going on.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

211IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 3:44 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Denim wrote:I have to give it a 3 out of 5. There were alot of things I enjoyed about the move, but many I did not. I felt Rockwell was too campy. He was not believable for me. I wanted more Rokue, his character had real motivation and also was well rounded. I felt that while Scarlett looked great as Widow, she was not Widow. As a matter of fact her entire role could be taken out of the movie and it would not change a thing really.
Spoiler:

Things I did like though, Cheadles Rhodey was amazing. Seeing the War Machine Armor. The fight's were fun. The Captain America easter egg was also enjoyable.

I am not saying it is a bad movie at all, but I think there is a bit too much overhype going on.

I agree Rockwell's Hammer was way too Campy. They made him way too buffoonish, we understand that Stark is smarter and better charmer the Hammer.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

212IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote: A few people say that it dragged, while that isn't *really*
true, I think they just expected/hoped for way more action. This had like 4 or 5
big action scenes
Refresh my memory, because I can't recall that many action pieces.

-The Monaco showdown between
Spoiler:
-The confrontation between
Spoiler:
, which personally, I wouldn't count as an action scene.

-The final battle between
Spoiler:

What am I missing?

I saw it again this morning and I stand by my initial assessment. It's a good movie with enough problems to keep it from being great.

213IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 5:14 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know, I had a feeling that a lot of people wouldn't love this movie.

I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I can almost guarantee I'll love it. All the negative comments aren't making me any less excited. I have a history of loving movies that others hate or aren't too thrilled about (Spidey 3, X-Men 3, Wolverine, etc.).

214IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 5:41 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Batman25JM wrote:I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I can almost guarantee I'll love it. All the negative comments aren't making me any less excited. I have a history of loving movies that others hate or aren't too thrilled about (Spidey 3, X-Men 3, Wolverine, etc.).

Enjoy! I'm betting you'll like it. I would agree that it's not as great as the first movie, but it's definitely not Spider-Man 3/X-Men 3 level.

I liked the Black Widow. I don't have a problem with her not having an accent - I imagine that serves her well working as a SHIELD agent. I do wish she had used the bracelets as blasters, but the tech she had was decent enough. The scene with her and Happy was awesome.

I was on the fence about Hammer and how he was played. There were parts where I thought he was too campy, and there were parts where I could see it work.

Action wise, especially when compared to the first movie, I thought it was well done.

215IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:12 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:You know, I had a feeling that a lot of people wouldn't love this movie.

I'm going to see it tomorrow, and I can almost guarantee I'll love it. All the negative comments aren't making me any less excited. I have a history of loving movies that others hate or aren't too thrilled about (Spidey 3, X-Men 3, Wolverine, etc.).

Dude don't worry, it's a great film.

216IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote: A few people say that it dragged, while that isn't *really*
big action scenes

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What am I missing?

I saw it again this morning and I stand by my initial assessment. It's a good movie with enough problems to keep it from being great.

The Black Widow kicking ass part was included in my 'action scenes'. She went all Batman on those guys.

I count the Tony/Rhody scene, though.

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Sat May 08, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

217IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:14 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:You know, I had a feeling that a lot of people wouldn't love this movie.

You will defnitly see no flaws in IM2

218IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
Joshua wrote:
big action scenes

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

What am I missing?

The Black Widow kicking ass part was included in my 'action scenes'. She went all Batman on those guys.

That is something I had a problem with, after she beat the first guy, you just didn't feel like she was in any danger. It took me out of the movie, had she at least been hit I would of felt like, wow she is a bad ass because she can take the hit and give it back. Instead I got, wow, she is just going to kick everyone's ass without sweating which is typical. For once I would love a movie to add a sense of danger to actully captivate the audiance instead of just showing hot chick kicking ass. You can still do hot chick kicking ass and at least have it mean something if she is somewhat getting her ass kicked too.

I still say that she was not needed in the movie at all though. Her entire role could of been taken out and there would not be any change in the movie.

219IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:22 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed that part. I just enjoyed seeing her kicking ass and using all of those SHIELD toys. She's trained too well compared to those rent-a-guards. She works SHIELD, so it wasn't a big deal to me. If it was Pepper doing that, then yeah it would be lame.

Last edited by prescribeddrone on Sat May 08, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

220IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:27 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was a little worried that I wouldn't like this, but I have to say that I didn't like it. I loved it! This was a fantastic movie. While I was a little disapointed with the extra scene it was still damn cool. I highly recommend going to see this movie.

221IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anybody think we'll get some cool bonus stuff on the bluray/dvd?

222IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is a bad or even horrible movie. It is an ok movie. I think way too many people are seeing this as a great movie though. I don't see how it is a great movie, but that is just me. I am a pretentious comic snob.

223IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it's very good, not great. Batman Begins is excellent. 4.5 stars. Dark Knight is great. Five stars. Iron Man is excellent. 4 Stars. Iron Man 2 is very good, 3.5 stars.

Something like that.

224IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

loved it. thought it was as great as the first one. 5 out of 5 stars. Loved the character stuff and the action scenes and the humor.
Spoiler:

225IRON MAN 2 - Page 9 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Sun May 09, 2010 12:48 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
Touche', I totally skipped over that one. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum