Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

IRON MAN 2

+54
Mnemosis
LordD3r3k
kreepfan
Gojiratoho
vikoros
Chief Kamachi
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
dmahoney
Denim
Zeroskull21
azrael07
Sapphire Gypsy
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
DickGrayson007
Debaser77
potatojoe
dpool666
G_Zatara
Spazzy
Paroxysm
Warren_Worthington IV
TENIME_art
Foreigner_Man
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
shark6495
jaydee74
Spider_Fan14
MikeSabian
riv1
Thundermatts
AlienIncognito
Fresh03
breatheasy
Batman25JM
Esbat
rwe1138
Joshua
supervenom
Sandman
Administrator
wickidchyld
ChrisToPhenom
Spaced4SimonPegg
shiky800
Silent K
Rath99
BlueMaxx
Nymn
MillionDollarGeek
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
58 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

276IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Warren_Worthington IV wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Rhodey: I've got something for this guy... *Zzzzzzzzz* *Psssh* *Tink* Laughing
Top Grade H.A.M.M.E.R tech that was, haha

Upon second viewing, that scene bugged me a little. It's a funny gag the first time out, but maybe not worth the jokey build-up.

http://www.demonweasel.com

277IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:47 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Derek: Watched it again last night, and the Cap shield was indeed from a different crate (the crates holding the materials for the "super collider") and not his Dad's crate.

Ok, thanks. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but it made me scratch my head. And Kreepfan's input about some comic that was released seems to confirm my theory that it was something his dad was working on.

278IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:51 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did no one really see the shield in the first movie?

IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 IRON_MAN_DOM-4

I don't get why it's reappearrance in the sequel is causing this much of a stir... huh

279IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:52 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Did no one really see the shield in the first movie?

IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 IRON_MAN_DOM-4

I don't get why it's reappearrance in the sequel is causing this much of a stir... huh

Then maybe you should read the thread? Usually helps.

280IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Silent K wrote:Derek: Watched it again last night, and the Cap shield was indeed from a different crate (the crates holding the materials for the "super collider") and not his Dad's crate.

Ok, thanks. Like I said, it's not a big deal, but it made me scratch my head. And Kreepfan's input about some comic that was released seems to confirm my theory that it was something his dad was working on.

Yeah I've heard rumblings that Howard Stark could be in the Cap movie as somebody that helped on "Project: Rebirth" and very possibly with the construction of Cap's Vibranium shield.

281IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:57 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Then maybe you should read the thread? Usually helps.

Sarcastic much?

I have been.

I still don't understand it.

282IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

The confusion was not around why it was there, it was around what specific crate it came from. Eagle Eye Knize solved it. Poor Derek's going to wear out the keys that make up "it's not a big deal" on his keyboard.

Now, on to more important matters. Why the hell didn't Rhodey have a Philly accent?? outrageous

283IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 7:59 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Sarcastic much?

I have been.

I still don't understand it.

A second read through sometimes helps.

Laughing

284IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:The confusion was not around why it was there, it was around what specific crate it came from. Eagle Eye Knize solved it. Poor Derek's going to wear out the keys that make up "it's not a big deal" on his keyboard.

Laughing Seriously. I shudder to think if I actually posted about the things that bugged me

285IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:The confusion was not around why it was there, it was around what specific crate it came from.

It's still a retarded nitpick. It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter how many times I read people's posts, it will never make sense to me why people are whining about it.

286IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
It's still a retarded nitpick. It makes no sense.

It doesn't matter how many times I read people's posts, it will never make sense to me why people are whining about it.

Third times a charm?

287IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What I'm seeing:
IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 12733410

Laughing I'm with Derek on this one. There's nothing retarded about what he said.

288IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
dmahoney wrote:The confusion was not around why it was there, it was around what specific crate it came from. Eagle Eye Knize solved it. Poor Derek's going to wear out the keys that make up "it's not a big deal" on his keyboard.

Laughing Seriously. I shudder to think if I actually posted about the things that bugged me

Haha well to be fair, you did say it was a "WTF" moment that "didn't make sense" at first, hence the confusion cuz nobody else had that problem. Either way, it's been cleared up so yeah, no big deal indeed. yes

289IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Haha well to be fair, you did say it was a "WTF" moment that "didn't make sense" at first, hence the confusion cuz nobody else had that problem. Either way, it's been cleared up so yeah, no big deal indeed. yes

Well to be honest, without the comic the scene still doesn't make sense. There's nothing in the movieverse that links both SHIELD and Stark to have knowledge about what the shield represents. In works in the sense that *hint, hint* "this is something important", but the way it was presented leaves gaps. (IMO, which no one is inclined to share.)

But again, *cracks knuckles* in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal Laughing

290IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Haha well to be fair, you did say it was a "WTF" moment that "didn't make sense" at first, hence the confusion cuz nobody else had that problem. Either way, it's been cleared up so yeah, no big deal indeed. yes

Indeed. Let us partake in Hammer's dancing.
IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 1273553271317
I could have used more of this. He was win.

291IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:20 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Bitch stole my moves shake my head

292IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Haha well to be fair, you did say it was a "WTF" moment that "didn't make sense" at first, hence the confusion cuz nobody else had that problem. Either way, it's been cleared up so yeah, no big deal indeed. yes

Well to be honest, without the comic the scene still doesn't make sense. There's nothing in the movieverse that links both SHIELD and Stark to have knowledge about what the shield represents. In works in the sense that *hint, hint* "this is something important", but the way it was presented leaves gaps. (IMO, which no one is inclined to share.)

But again, *cracks knuckles* in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal Laughing

Honestly, that argument just doesn't make sense either. All one has to accept is that people in this universe are aware of Captain America's existence. And considering he's supposed to be a WWII legend, that makes all the sense in the world. So there's really nothing about that scene that doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. neutral

293IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:^ Bitch stole my moves shake my head

Laughing Laughing

294IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Indeed. Let us partake in Hammer's dancing.
IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 1273553271317
I could have used more of this. He was win.

Ha awesome gif! Laughing

295IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Honestly, that argument just doesn't make sense either. All one has to accept is that people in this universe are aware of Captain America's existence. And considering he's supposed to be a WWII legend, that makes all the sense in the world. So there's really nothing about that scene that doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. neutral

It just takes alot of assumption on the viewer's part, which was my initial point.

296IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Honestly, that argument just doesn't make sense either. All one has to accept is that people in this universe are aware of Captain America's existence. And considering he's supposed to be a WWII legend, that makes all the sense in the world. So there's really nothing about that scene that doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. neutral

It just takes alot of assumption on the viewer's part, which was my initial point.

It's not much of an assumption, especially for comic fans which is who that little moment was catered to. Anyway, done with this! Laughing Wink

297IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:31 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Indeed! Laughing

So are they still running with the idea of Hulk being the villain for the Avengers movie? Or was that just some crazy fanboy rumor?

298IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

LordD3r3k wrote:

I really have to disagree that it takes a LOT of assumption. A SHIELD agent geeks out over seeing something that's clearly related to a legendary soldier from WWII. Why WOULDN'T a member of the world's top spy agency - an agency looking into building a team of meta's - have at least CURSORY knowledge of the forerunner of the movement?

Let me put it like this... if you're a car collector assembling a fleet of Mustangs, and you happen across the fender to an original Shelby Cobra... wouldn't you be able to identify it on sight?

299IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Oh, and guys... out of deference to Father, wherever he is and whatever he's doing... "retarded"... let's try not to use it.

300IRON MAN 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: IRON MAN 2 Tue May 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That discussion is over! Laughing (edit: meant for post above the previous one)

LordD3r3k wrote:So are they still running with the idea of Hulk being the villain for the Avengers movie? Or was that just some crazy fanboy rumor?

Not sure at this point, but I'd be willing to bet he fights the Avengers at some point in the film, which will be awesome to see. But I doubt he'll be THE villain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum