Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

worst movie sequels ever

+17
Heytherejeffro
Chief Kamachi
shining knight
Debaser77
melvinlikechris
Administrator
TENIME_art
Fresh03
superdoug
alucardbarnivous
Tom
CherriesJubilee
supervenom
Combo Mo
Thundermatts
BlueMaxx
shark6495
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Predator 2. Just awful. And Alien VS. Predator 2. Even worse.

27worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chief Kamachi wrote:Predator 2. Just awful. And Alien VS. Predator 2. Even worse.
While there's no accounting for taste, I'm going to disagree with you on both accounts. P2 was a great movement into the "urban jungle", and really spread out the lore of the franchise.

AVPR was what the original AVP was supposed to be. Have you read any of the AVP novels?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

28worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Chief Kamachi

Chief Kamachi
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Chief Kamachi wrote:Predator 2. Just awful. And Alien VS. Predator 2. Even worse.
While there's no accounting for taste, I'm going to disagree with you on both accounts. P2 was a great movement into the "urban jungle", and really spread out the lore of the franchise.

AVPR was what the original AVP was supposed to be. Have you read any of the AVP novels?

I understood Predator 2's "urban jungle" theme, it just didn't work for me, probably due to a subconscious comparison of it to the first movie.

No, I haven't read any of the novels. Perhaps I will. As for the movie, I honestly didn't care for the setting or characters enough to "get into" the movie. It reminded me of the Underworld movies. Interesting concept, but poor delivery.

29worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:58 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Superman 3. wtf was Richard Pryor thinking? lol

30worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:Superman 3. wtf was Richard Pryor thinking? lol

"I need money to fund my drug habit."

31worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Highlander 2, which is on the list, just about takes the cake for me. I couldn't imagine anyone getting something more wrong.

32worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:39 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:

I agree with you on Predator 2. I thought it was way cooler than the original. Plus, it was well-acted by Glover and a lot tougher for our non-military with a squad to back him up. And, like you said, it expanded the world at the end with all the trophies. The humans, the spikey human-like skull, a ginormous skull of elephant proportions, some others, and, of course, the xenomorph skull that preluded to the novels' crossovers.

I though AvP: Requiem was terrible. Too many characters, none were developed, the cinematography was way to muddy--I couldn't see any of the action half the time. It was just bad. Plus, the shock-writer who made that half-assed script decided it'd be taboo to kill a kid ("Sure, fine."), then a pregnant lady through her stomach ("Whoa, that's awful. This movie's too much."- in an entertained tone.), then a whole bunch of pregnant women, and then an entire nursery at the hospital. "Yeah, all the babies, that'll shock the crap out of them." Rolling Eyes Just bad writing, man.

33worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:53 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
supervenom wrote:Superman 3. wtf was Richard Pryor thinking? lol

"I need money to fund my drug habit."
oh yeah neutral Laughing

34worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:08 am

kreepfan

kreepfan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Rob Zombie's Halloween II

35worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:35 am

Gandicles

Gandicles
Ninja
Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:There is no way in hell that Phantom Menace is a worse movie than Batman & Robin. That writer is stoned.

Well you see, Batman and Robin was so bad that it's entertaining. The Phantom Menace introduced Midichlorians.

BlueMaxx wrote:
Plus, the shock-writer who made that half-assed script decided it'd be taboo to kill a kid ("Sure, fine."), then a pregnant lady through her stomach ("Whoa, that's awful. This movie's too much."- in an entertained tone.), then a whole bunch of pregnant women, and then an entire nursery at the hospital. "Yeah, all the babies, that'll shock the crap out of them." Rolling Eyes Just bad writing, man.

See, I thought that part was hilarious.

36worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Most of the Police Academy sequels. I would say they went down after Part 3.
Ocean's 12
The Next Karate Kid
Matrix Revolutions

37worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:31 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kreepfan wrote:Rob Zombie's Halloween II

With the exception of the original 'Halloween 2' all of the Halloween sequels suck, especially 'Halloween: Resurrection.' That movie sucks balls!

38worst movie sequels ever - Page 2 Empty Re: worst movie sequels ever Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:19 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ You know, as a kid I liked them, but looking back, it had one of the weakest of the horror franchises sequels. On par with the Pumpkinhead and Candyman sequels. They made him supernatural...sort of...and super-powered from rage or some shit. IDK. I liked it when it was more subtle. "Is he supernatural or...?" You know? The second one was actually when he was supposed to die and then another attempt during H20, but they they fucked over the director again by making the worst of the worst with Resurrection.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum