Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 42]

476The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 8:29 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

God I am loving this series so much

477The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 9:11 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Foreigner_Man wrote:^Jherek, those are some excellent points.
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 W7iob4
So he took her with him to keep an eye on her & see how much wibbly-wobbly stuff is going on? Could the Daleks be behind all this since they escaped in VotD? Maybe the tried to get back to the Time War or the Medusa cascade, with dreadful consequences (the crack in the wall?). Or maybe they went off to open the Pandorica..

Also, to answer one of Jherek's questions
Spoiler:

I think that clinches it. Also in the 'continuity jump' in the forest notice how his jacket is brown. He doesn't have a brown jacket...Yet.

478The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 9:18 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's pretty much the speculation on the official 2000ad website Jherek

479The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 3:00 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:That's pretty much the speculation on the official 2000ad website Jherek

Is it? I knew I was on to something! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 334450

480The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been so busy I have not been able to watch any of the new doctor yet. I don't have cable either. Is there anywhere you can watch it online? I tried looking on youtube a little bit, but I kept seeing trailers, not episodes. Sad

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

481The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 3:27 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I've been so busy I have not been able to watch any of the new doctor yet. I don't have cable either. Is there anywhere you can watch it online? I tried looking on youtube a little bit, but I kept seeing trailers, not episodes. Sad
http://dwhd.co.nr/ Wink

482The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue May 04, 2010 5:39 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Jherek wrote:I may be right out on a limb here but I've just put some things together that have been nagging at me about this season so far and come up with a theory.

It started with that scene where the Doctor escapes the Angels by slipping out of his jacket. Knowing Moffat never writes a scene without a purpose I wondered why the Doctor needed to lose his jacket at this point in the plot.
Next scene he leaves Amy with the soldier/clerics and then comes back briefly to tell her to remember what he said to her when she was seven? Why was he wearing his jacket? He'd lost it to the Angels and at no stage throughout the rest of the episode was he wearing it. Except there.

Continuity error? from this production team? I think not.

There's some wibbly wobbly timey wimey shennanigans going on here. Look at that scene. The Doctor's hair is untousled, he's wearing the jacket and the unexpectedness of it all is jarring. There's also suddenly more echo on his voice, and a forehead kiss that means those two or three lines suddenly mean a lot more to him.

With me so far? Now, think back to episode one.

After defeating the Atraxi the Doctor gets in the Tardis and leaves nineteen year-old Amy in the garden. Then we cut to her sitting on her suitcase in the same spot when she's seven, but not in the nighttime, in daylight. The Tardis engines sound and she looks up with a smile on her face. Then we get another jump cut edit to adult Amy in bed, waking when she hears the Tardis engines.

So, did the Doc return to Amy when she was seven and she just forgot all about it? Or is she having a dream about waiting for him as a child, and that dream is inspired by the reality of the Tardis making its (brakes on) noise as it appears outside her bedroom.

On first viewing that seems to be the case but...taken with that anomalous continuity jump in this weeks episode I think this is what's going on -

In the season finale the Doctor will end up jumping back into Amy's timeline and planting the seeds of something in her head, to help deal with whatever's coming. And the crack is either the consequence of that meddling, or the problem that he needs to solve by doing so.

And this ties into the 'fairy tale' alternate reality that Amy's over-active imagination has created. 'The Raggedy Doctor Universe' if you like.

And the clue is -

How do you know it's a duck pond if there aren't any ducks in it?

Episode one -

Doctor: And WHAT is that?"
Amy : It's a duck pond"
Doctor: Then why aren't there any ducks in it?

Amy: There's never been any ducks
Doctor: Then how do you know it's a duck pond?
Amy: Is it important?"
Doctor: I don't know. Why would I know?

Is it that there's never been any ducks? Like there's never been any Daleks? Like there's never been any clerics watching Amy in the woods?

When Amy finally gets back into The Tardis, she asks The Doctor why he picked her out of everyone. He tells her there's no reason and that it's just that he's lonely and needs a bit of fun. She asks if that's all and he says yes it is. Right in front of a graphic depiction of the crack in her wall on the Tardis display monitor.

He knows something here that he's not letting on, and it's very possible his time away has not just been spent on a quick trip around the moon.

So when they're in the forest and things are about to start getting erased from history there's this little exchange...
Episode Five

Doctor: Remember what I told you when I was seven.
Amy: What did you tell me?
Doctor: That's not the point

So what is the point?

Is it that the fact she doesn't remember and nor do we. We haven't heard him give her any advice when she was seven. He's yet to go back and give it.
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey. I'm loving this season!

I also noticed the Jacket was back on in that scene and I'm totally with you, that was done with a purpose in mind.

So due to the cracks, nobody on Earth remembers anything and Emily Pond is the key to something bigger? Also does this mean that U.N.I.T no longer exists?

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

483The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I'm a also a bit worried about that injection River gave Amy. It was never paid off so I expect it has some ramifications further down the line. Don't forget - next time we see River will be (I assume) in the finale for the 'opening of the Pandorica' which she says she remembers well. So, assuming Amy is gonna be there for the opening too the Weeping Angels adventure would have been (at least) the second time River has met Amy. Though the first time Amy has met River. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 219733

I love the way Moffat actually deals with the paradoxes of Time Travel in a way that, strangely, Doctor Who never has before.

484The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 12:50 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Any suggestions on who River may have killed?

485The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 12:51 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

OY!!!

These fucking tags exist for a reason:
Spoiler:

Wink

Last edited by superdoug on Wed May 05, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

486The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 12:54 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:OY!!!

Spoiler:

Wink
agreed. its just the polite thing to do.

487The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

blush Sorry, i figured people were caught up by now.

488The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:blush Sorry, i figured people were caught up by now.

Yeah...I only watch the episodes as they air on BBC America, because my boyfriend really likes Doctor Who, and there are few scripted shows that we both enjoy like that. So, I have yet to see the first part of the Weeping Angels. Smile

489The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 1:09 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Saw 'Time of Angels' & 'Flesh and Stone' and I must say, when TV's this good, it's an absolute privilege. This was brilliant. River Song and the Angels return, and neither disappoint. There are so many great moments, along with some very creepy ones and you just have to love both of them.
Spoiler:

This was an excellent episode. Bravo!

Oh, and TheeDoctor:
Spoiler:

490The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed May 05, 2010 1:12 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Foreigner_Man wrote:Saw 'Time of Angels' & 'Flesh and Stone' and I must say, when TV's this good, it's an absolute privilege. This was brilliant. River Song and the Angels return, and neither disappoint. There are so many great moments, along with some very creepy ones and you just have to love both of them.
Spoiler:

Oh, and TheeDoctor:
Spoiler:

^Yes, that is what I was thinking too.

491The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So got my mitts on the newest issue of doctor who magazine and can't remember if this news has appeared on this thread yet but...

Spoiler:

492The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 8:24 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:So got my mitts on the newest issue of doctor who magazine and can't remember if this news has appeared on this thread yet but...

Spoiler:
I heard that on a podcast. Apparently....

Spoiler:

493The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Spoiler:

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 988476

Soz if I spoiled anything dude. I forget sometimes how lucky we Brit Who fans are. But believe me I could have spoiled a whole lot more The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 988476

494The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 3:55 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

supervenom wrote:

Spoiler:

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 988476
agreed. its just the polite thing to do.

Ditto. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 794531

495The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

shining knight wrote:So got my mitts on the newest issue of doctor who magazine and can't remember if this news has appeared on this thread yet but...

Spoiler:

Yeah I saw that.

Spoiler:

496The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Foreigner_Man wrote:Saw 'Time of Angels' & 'Flesh and Stone' and I must say, when TV's this good, it's an absolute privilege. This was brilliant. River Song and the Angels return, and neither disappoint. There are so many great moments, along with some very creepy ones and you just have to love both of them.
Spoiler:

Oh, and TheeDoctor:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

497The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

Spoiler:
I heard that on a podcast. Apparently....

Spoiler:
That's pretty cool.
Spoiler:

498The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu May 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Jherek wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

499The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 07, 2010 8:34 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm curious to see how this season plays out. Should be interesting and you know that we're going to see more of River which is awesome. I wonder if she'll become a companion at some point?

500The official; Doctor who thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^I doubt she'll become a regular companion, it would ruin what makes her special. I think she'll show up every season or two, but not be there like a regular companion would.

Jherek, I've been thinking about the whole thing with the coat.
Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 31 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum