Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 42]

751The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

THE FINALE! OMG WOW! Sheer brilliance.

752The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:56 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

The Finale was amazing!!!!! Laughing

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

753The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WOW! The ending of this season was outstanding. thumbs up

754The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:WOW! The ending of this season was outstanding. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 988783

It certainly was. I'm still recovering! Imma watch it again and post my thoughts on the whole season. Condensed version:- FANTASTIC!!

755The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so jazzed for the next season. I cannot wait for the Christmas Special.

756The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:04 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

just saw the fantastic finale. loved it.
Spoiler:

757The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:32 am

Juggalojohn

Juggalojohn
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

at the 17:40 mark of Flesh and Stone, WOW!!!!

758The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm so happy that they answered some questions while not all of them. I didn't need everything answered but I was very satisfied with the season. Great first season for Matt Smith.

759The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:36 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WOW....just....wow

760The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Watch this clip shot at this weekends Glastonbury festival. (just down the road from Stonehenge! ) people and tell me it is not the absolute COOLEST thing you have ever seen! (don't worry, does not contain spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_R5UJGt-g&feature=player_embedded

Is there no end to Matt Smith's talents? It could only have been cooler if
Spoiler:

I'm in absolute awe and wish I'd gone to Glastonbury this year. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 896614

761The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:27 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That is full of awesome. Brilliant!

762The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Jherek wrote:Watch this clip shot at this weekends Glastonbury festival. (just down the road from Stonehenge! ) people and tell me it is not the absolute COOLEST thing you have ever seen! (don't worry, does not contain spoilers)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF_R5UJGt-g&feature=player_embedded

Is there no end to Matt Smith's talents? It could only have been cooler if
Spoiler:

I'm in absolute awe and wish I'd gone to Glastonbury this year. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 896614

That video is great. Matt Smith is my Doctor.

763The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Dang! This finale was great!!
Spoiler:

I'll probably be posting my thoughts on this series in either a couple days or next week.

764The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:04 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Well I did warn you.

Here's my thoughts on the recent season. I'm putting it in spoilers not only to protect the innocent but also so it doesn't take up too much room on the thread. It's a bit of a monster! The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 690770 I really would like to hear any reaction you guys may have. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 334450

Spoiler:

765The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:24 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Damn.
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Applause

There's so much great stuff there in your assessment i'm frankly a bit terrified to post any final thoughts of my own. Laughing I love how you really showed the fairytale themes in the writing, there's more than i thought this series had. Also I never thought of River as a stock character like the trickster. Great job man!

766The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

^ The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 794531 Thanks. A lot of it was inspired by various negative reviews I'd seen. I just couldn't believe these people had been watching the same show as me. I went on a little longer than I wanted to (you shoulda seen the stuff I cut!) But I'm glad you enjoyed it. please don't be put off writing your own take I'd love to see it. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 334450

Anyone else agree or disagree with my reading? Basically I'm pretty convinced this was the deepest and most multi-textual season of Doctor Who ever.

767The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:44 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Jherek wrote:^ The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 794531 Thanks. A lot of it was inspired by various negative reviews I'd seen. I just couldn't believe these people had been watching the same show as me. I went on a little longer than I wanted to (you shoulda seen the stuff I cut!) But I'm glad you enjoyed it. please don't be put off writing your own take I'd love to see it. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 334450

Anyone else agree or disagree with my reading? Basically I'm pretty convinced this was the deepest and most multi-textual season of Doctor Who ever.

First great read and well articulated. Secondly, I also agreed with your assessment of the show this season. I don't think people understand that this is a young variation of the Doctor, that will be clever, but at the same time he's still questioning who he is (Amy's Choice). I hope we see more of this next season.

768The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:08 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads? wrote:
Jherek wrote:^ The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 794531 Thanks. A lot of it was inspired by various negative reviews I'd seen. I just couldn't believe these people had been watching the same show as me. I went on a little longer than I wanted to (you shoulda seen the stuff I cut!) But I'm glad you enjoyed it. please don't be put off writing your own take I'd love to see it. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 334450

First great read and well articulated. Secondly, I also agreed with your assessment of the show this season. I don't think people understand that this is a young variation of the Doctor, that will be clever, but at the same time he's still questioning who he is (Amy's Choice). I hope we see more of this next season.

Again thanks. BTW I've noticed that sometimes longer stuff written in spoiler boxes somehow interferes with some Sig pictures when opened. This can be rectified by resizing your windows screen to 150% and sizing it back.

769The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Tumblr_l5bq7yZ8mv1qzv1cbo1_500

770The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's kind of cool.

771The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:06 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really enjoyed this week's episode, about the flat on the second floor. It seemed to me that in this instance, Smith's Doctor was pulling liberally from the Tom Baker era, and was really nailing it in most instances.

Next week is the first episode involving the Pandorica, which I guess means that we're slogging right towards the end. I can't wait to go back and read all the spoiler boxes. Laughing

772The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

superdoug wrote:I really enjoyed this week's episode, about the flat on the second floor. It seemed to me that in this instance, Smith's Doctor was pulling liberally from the Tom Baker era, and was really nailing it in most instances.

Next week is the first episode involving the Pandorica, which I guess means that we're slogging right towards the end. I can't wait to go back and read all the spoiler boxes. The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 29517
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 41525 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 24719 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Affraid The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 219733 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Icon_scratch The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 334450 The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 988783

Pretty much sums it all up Doug.

773The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:16 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I really enjoyed this week's episode, about the flat on the second floor. It seemed to me that in this instance, Smith's Doctor was pulling liberally from the Tom Baker era, and was really nailing it in most instances.

Next week is the first episode involving the Pandorica, which I guess means that we're slogging right towards the end. I can't wait to go back and read all the spoiler boxes. Laughing
Your in for some good times my friend. thumbs up

774The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:58 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

You're gonna love the finale! yes

775The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:13 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Some news on the X-mas special:
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 200px-Katherine_Jenkins_-_Sacred_AriasThe official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 New-Doctor-Who-LogoThe official; Doctor who thread - Page 31 Dumbledore_gambon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/07_july/12/doctor_who.shtml
Production starts today (Monday 12 July) on the 2010 Doctor Who BBC One Christmas Special in which the thrilling adventures of the Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith) and newlyweds Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) and Rory Williams (Arthur Darvill) will continue in a fun-filled and heartfelt festive story.

In the grand tradition of Doctor Who Christmas specials, this year the show has once again attracted stellar guest stars as veteran actor Michael Gambon (Harry Potter, The Singing Detective) and opera diva Katherine Jenkins, in her first acting role, join the Time Lord for what might be his most Christmassy adventure yet!

Arriving on set for her first day of filming, Katherine Jenkins said: "I'm over the moon to be involved in the Doctor Who Christmas Special – I can't quite believe it as it's a part of the family tradition at the Jenkins household. I heard the news that I got the role on my 30th birthday and it was the best birthday present ever!"

About the series, lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, commented: "Oh, we're going for broke with this one. It's all your favourite Christmas movies at once, in an hour, with monsters and the Doctor and a honeymoon and – oh, you'll see. I've honestly never been so excited about writing anything. I was laughing madly as I typed along to Christmas songs in April. My neighbours loved it so much they all moved away and set up a website demanding my execution. But I'm fairly sure they did it ironically."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum