Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 42]

926The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/28/so-marilyn-monroe-didnt-elope-with-an-unnamed-stranger-in-a-bow-tie/

lol! That's amazing. I'd never think to do anything silly like that.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

927The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:35 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

comicgeekelly wrote:http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/28/so-marilyn-monroe-didnt-elope-with-an-unnamed-stranger-in-a-bow-tie/

I love you That was freaking AWESOME!! wub I love things like that. Make me all warm hearted to see peoples enthusiasm for a show, and um er History?!?

928The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:24 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I heard about this on a Doctor Who podcast and they were just flabbergasted over this. I found it quite funny.

Oh. Not sure if anyone has seen this but this guy named Liam Dryden who also goes by the name Littleradge is this dude who looks a whole lot like David Tennant. He has a YouTube page and I wanted to share a couple of random entries:

929The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:03 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked Wow, he really does look like him.

930The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:44 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I found the Easter Egg one quiet amusing!

931The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:23 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Has anybody read the Doctor Who comics? I was looking at them today and I didn't really care for the art, but I thought maybe if the stories were good...idk.

932The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:29 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've read the comics. They are okay. Nothing special but I enjoy Doctor Who comics more than I do the Star Wars or Star Trek comics or any other franchise comics to be honest. I have a couple of random single issues that amused me and I also have a trade called "The Forgotten" which has the 10th Doctor looking back at his past lives when he loses his memory. It's a great story in that it really incorporates the entire history of Doctor Who and I really enjoyed the story. There is also a original graphic novel out with the 11th Doctor that is called "The Only Good Dalek" which looks pretty interesting.

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Onlygd1

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 The-forgotten
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Doctorwhointerview

933The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:32 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote: Shocked Wow, he really does look like him.
Nubbins wrote:I found the Easter Egg one quiet amusing!
That one is pretty good.

934The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just got this amazing shirt at http://www.teefury.com/

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 1292545001_bottom_drbeenhere

935The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:40 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wish I knew about this site earlier so I could have gotten this shirt:

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 1288909821_bottom-drwholeino

936The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:49 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

jaydee74 wrote:There is also a original graphic novel out with the 11th Doctor that is called "The Only Good Dalek" which looks pretty interesting.

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Onlygd1

I thought it was an enjoyable read.

937The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I finally watched an episode of the older stuff. I watched The Ark in Space (Tom Baker), and oh god, I could not get through the whole thing (watched it on netflix). It was just too awful, lol. I'm going to sound like the awful young person that I am and say it was way too slow paced for me. I was cracking up at the green bubble wrap monster though. lol!

So I learned that watching the old stuff is not for me. I thought the effects were cheesy today, oh god, I will never laugh at them again, not after seeing this.

938The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

I posted this in another thread, but whatever.

Ordered these from thinkgeek.com:
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 DSCN2851The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 IMG_3002-320-640-240-480

Oh and I got this before Christmas Very Happy :

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Dr-doctor-who-licensed-shirt-10th-doctor-tardis-xxl-2be15

939The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:08 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a girly version of that tshirt! Got it at C2E2 last year. Smile

I got this for Christmas.
The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Bdda_your_first_doctor_babydoll

940The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:45 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

^ thumbs up Laughing

I thought of a great idea for a Doctor Who t-shirt once, but I'm afraid people would take it the wrong way. Let me run it by you.

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Sonic-screwdriver
Would you like to see my sonic srewdriver?

There's something not quite right with it, but I just can't put my finger on it. Wink

Oh and ska love the G.I. Joe file card! Go Joe!

941The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That David Tennant shirt is pretty cool and I love the "You Never Forget Your First Doctor" shirt. The Sonic Screwdriver idea is pretty funny. You should do it.

Ska wrote:Okay, I finally watched an episode of the older stuff. I watched The Ark in Space (Tom Baker), and oh god, I could not get through the whole thing (watched it on netflix). It was just too awful, lol. I'm going to sound like the awful young person that I am and say it was way too slow paced for me. I was cracking up at the green bubble wrap monster though. lol!

So I learned that watching the old stuff is not for me. I thought the effects were cheesy today, oh god, I will never laugh at them again, not after seeing this.

At least you tried a story which is cool. What you should take into account with the effects is that the show was innovative in the sense that it had such a small budget to work with and the creators did what they could with their show. Take this into account. The budget of the first season of Doctor Who equaled a single episode budget from the first season of Star Trek. Bottom line though is that you tried a classic story and while it wasn't for you, at least you tried it.

942The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Saw the christmas special. Kinda meh, I liked Michael Gambon but I didn't like the special. I expected more of a Christmas Carol-story that was in the commercials.

943The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought the Christmas special was outstanding. I can't wait to see it again which is going to be today in New York City with a group of people. Should be a lot of fun. I think as far as Doctor Who Christmas Specials go, this was one of the most fun, moving and just overall great stories from modern Doctor Who.

944The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:29 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am awaiting my own gi joe codename though I fear I may have been gone for too long to get one Laughing

Has anybody read the Doctor Who comics? I was looking at them today and I didn't really care for the art, but I thought maybe if the stories were good...idk.

I read the ones in the official magazine the recent story was great
Spoiler:

945The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Saw the christmas special. Kinda meh, I liked Michael Gambon but I didn't like the special. I expected more of a Christmas Carol-story that was in the commercials.

Er...how much more Christmas Carolly could it have been? scratch

946The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

pumkinheadfan wrote:
Oh and ska love the G.I. Joe file card! Go Joe!

Thanks! ^____^

jaydee74 wrote:
At least you tried a story which is cool. What you should take into account with the effects is that the show was innovative in the sense that it had such a small budget to work with and the creators did what they could with their show. Take this into account. The budget of the first season of Doctor Who equaled a single episode budget from the first season of Star Trek. Bottom line though is that you tried a classic story and while it wasn't for you, at least you tried it.
I'm actually really disappointed that I didn't like it. It would've given me a ton more to watch, ya know? I could probably get over the cheesy effects if the story itself were just more fast paced. That show felt like walking through 2 feet of snow.

shining knight wrote:
I read the ones in the official magazine the recent story was great
Spoiler:

That sounds like it would be right up my alley! thumbs up I've seen the Doctor Who magazine at Borders, maybe I'll have to go pick that one up and read it!

947The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just came back from the Doctor Who New York group meet up. It was at a sports bar in New York and we watched the Christmas Special. It was so much fun to watch with other people and I loved it. I saw some amazing Doctor Who shirts and hats and it was just a blast.

Hey Ska. I'm sorry you didn't like the story you saw. If your feeling confident, you should try another story at some point. I'm sure if you ask for some suggestions for some good classic stories based on what your looking for, I am sure people on here can recommend some good stories. Personally, I am a big fan of anything with the Second Doctor. He's quirky, funny and fun to watch. I'm also a big fan of his companion Jamie McCrimmon. I also really like the Third Doctor a lot. He's a much more action oriented sort of Doctor and you might like that a bit more even though he's much older than the Doctors your used to. I commend you for at least trying a classic story though. I'm sure people here could give you some better recommendations for some classic stories that are more up your alley.

948The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:Saw the christmas special. Kinda meh, I liked Michael Gambon but I didn't like the special. I expected more of a Christmas Carol-story that was in the commercials.

Er...how much more Christmas Carolly could it have been? scratch
With Marley, the bit with Christmas future, a Cratchett and family stand in, that sorta stuff.

949The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There was no marley but the rest did have a presence in it...

950The official; Doctor who thread - Page 38 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah. I've seen this like three times now and I got a big Christmas Carol vibe from it. I loved it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum