Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mortal Kombat Remake

+29
goatt
Bigtymin504
alucardbarnivous
Heytherejeffro
Joshua
(._Y_.)
Paroxysm
supervenom
MikeSabian
elijahdprophet
krpykrwly
colossus1979
Sandman
Thundermatts
shark6495
prescribeddrone
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
breatheasy
Silent K
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
Airwolf
rwe1138
jaydee74
Astro13Zombie
shiky800
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Astro13Zombie wrote:
But I don't really like that "they" tried to make the characters "realistic"

Exactly. It's trying TOO hard. Mortal Kombat is a fantasy property. It's not Batman, which could be rooted in the real world.

27Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:49 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Silent K wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:

Exactly. It's trying TOO hard. Mortal Kombat is a fantasy property. It's not Batman, which could be rooted in the real world.

I dont know about you two but Ill respectfully say I disagree... I like the trend of going towards some realism......

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

28Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So first, as I was watching, I was all like, what the fuck, this is retarded. It's not Mortal Kombat. But then they mentioned the tourney, and my stance softened, though I would still prefer something more realistic, like this, but still Mortal Kombat, with fire breathing and special moves and shit, but I'll take what I can get. This would need some changes though, IMO. Baraka is absolutely retarded, and why the fuck would you get a celebrity (even one who's movie career is apparently over) to do undercover work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't undercover work pretending to be people you aren't to infiltrate certain groups?

29Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:51 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:So first, as I was watching, I was all like, what the fuck, this is retarded. It's not Mortal Kombat. But then they mentioned the tourney, and my stance softened, though I would still prefer something more realistic, like this, but still Mortal Kombat, with fire breathing and special moves and shit, but I'll take what I can get. This would need some changes though, IMO. Baraka is absolutely retarded, and why the fuck would you get a celebrity (even one who's movie career is apparently over) to do undercover work. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't undercover work pretending to be people you aren't to infiltrate certain groups?

nope undercover work is all about information, and how to get it with out them knowing about it. most of the time that consists of changing the names and stuff like you are thinking about. but if it is a high profile target, then some guy just would not cut it. Have you ever seen XXX with Vin Desiel? like that they needed his celebrety status to get in there

30Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the fact you had to use "XXX" to justify a mortal kombat scene.....yeah it's really to much for words. but my question is this, is that jet li playing shang tsung? that's who it loosk like in that picture....i could be wrong, or nuts, i'm usually both.

31Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:56 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No, I've never seen any Vin Diesel movie, except for that one, with the aliens at night.

32Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:19 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really like the premise.

It's like a fucked up Enter the Dragon.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

33Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:45 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

GET OVER HERE!

34Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

See, I'm not sure they HAVE completely cock blocked the fantasy elements. Scorpion is able to do some fucked up harpoon shit, and his eyes are all white. They can filter out the more esoteric stuff, like Baraka being a demon and Reptile being anything more than a silly game glitch, and still have the mystical stuff.

Imagine, it is set up like Enter The Dragon, but part way through it takes a Big Trouble In Little China turn with lighting and fire all over the place.

The quick and dirty version of what Eli would do with the concept:

Act 1. The setup as seen in the clip, maybe a few scenes in different parts of the world where the different fighters get invited to the tournament. Scorpion shows up, we get his costume as the first costume reveal. A few training fights, no powers, before the tournament begins.

Act 2. The tourney. We see the different recognized characters taking out no name scrubs in some early round fights. When Scorpion goes up against, say, Liu Kang, things are going well until the first bicycle kick and fireball, then the full on Mortal Kombat fight scenes start. Scorpion is about to kill Sub Zero and Tsueng yells "ENOUGH". Scorpion yells "Get Over Here!" and shoots his harpoon at Shang's chest. As the last second a giant beefy hand deflects the harpoon, and Goro is revealed.

Act 3. Balls out fighting. Scorpion and one of the others are up against all the bad guys in a huge battle. Things are looking bad until the odds even p when Sonya and Jackson show up. Big awesome kung fu versus mystic ninja fights all around. It is revealed that Shang is some kind of immortal who holds the tournament every 100 years to absorb the life energy of those killed in MORTAL KOMBAT. He of course escapes at the end, along with whoever else should carry over for a sequel.

In a sequel you MIGHT introduce Outland, or you might just introduce more characters as other members of Shang Tsung's secret cabal of wizards, or whatever.

35Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Emot-words-1

I'd watch this.

36Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:11 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ha! lol thats what i was thinking too

37Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
It's like a fucked up Enter the Dragon.

This looks amazing

38Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:

agreed. part of what I like about the Mortal Kombat universe is the fantasy elements. That trailer is more like a Seven ripoff. If this gets made it will be worse than Annihilation. They made Reptile a kinda ripoff of Killer Croc. wtf?

39Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:37 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I heard that this is a short film created by a director to sell Warner Bros. on his Mortal Kombat pitch. I hope it gets made.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

40Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:39 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:
Silent K wrote:
Astro13Zombie wrote:

agreed. part of what I like about the Mortal Kombat universe is the fantasy elements. That trailer is more like a Seven ripoff. If this gets made it will be worse than Annihilation. They made Reptile a kinda ripoff of Killer Croc. wtf?

How is a plastic surgeon who murdered his patients, performed plastic surgery and body modifications on himself to a disfiguring degree, and implanted 10-inch long retractable blades into his forearms NOT considered fantasy?

41Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:58 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it looks great. They needs someone way hotter than Jeri Ryan to play Sonya Blade though.

42Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

krpykrwly wrote:
How is a plastic surgeon who murdered his patients, performed plastic surgery and body modifications on himself to a disfiguring degree, and implanted 10-inch long retractable blades into his forearms NOT considered fantasy?

Too much explanation. It's giving the allusion of realism.

I think it's much ado about nothing. I find it really hard to believe that THIS is the Mortal Kombat flick that people would want to see.

Maybe I'm just being a jealous prick, but it seems like style has won over substance and faithfulness to the source material. Like I said on the PoP!-Cast last night, if it weren't for the ham-handed nature in which the names were revealed, how would one even know this was a Mortal Kombat movie?

43Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

what if it's loosely based on Mortal Kombat? because that seemed very "loose".

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

44Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even if the only thing that connects it to the original game is the name and the tournament this still looks like it would be a kick ass movie.

45Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:I think it looks great. They needs someone way hotter than Jeri Ryan to play Sonya Blade though.

she's always hotter when she's dressed like 7 of 9.

46Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Paroxysm wrote:what if it's loosely based on Mortal Kombat? because that seemed very "loose".

Then don't call it Mortal Kombat.

If it was it's own thing, I'd probably dig it more. Or if it was it's own thing, and not Mortal Kombat, maybe people wouldn't give a shit about it.

47Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:38 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Paroxysm wrote:what if it's loosely based on Mortal Kombat? because that seemed very "loose".

If it was it's own thing, I'd probably dig it more. Or if it was it's own thing, and not Mortal Kombat, maybe people wouldn't give a shit about it.

Then Midway would sue them. I liked the first Mortal Kombat, but it was totally cheesy. I'm sure this one would iincorporate Raiden and everyone else, this is just a build up. More of a style than anything. And I like it.

48Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:59 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

(._Y_.) wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Then Midway would sue them. I liked the first Mortal Kombat, but it was totally cheesy. I'm sure this one would iincorporate Raiden and everyone else, this is just a build up. More of a style than anything. And I like it.

If they didn't use any of the character names, there's nothing that would give Midway reason for a lawsuit. It's NOT Mortal Kombat.

Yes. The Mortal Kombat movies were cheese. I'm not against a SERIOUS Mortal Kombat movie. I'm against a "realistic" Mortal Kombat movie.

49Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:54 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A serious, but not realistic Mortal Kombat movie would get laughed out of theaters. It wouldn't get made.

50Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 2 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:00 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Silent K wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:
Silent K wrote:

If they didn't use any of the character names, there's nothing that would give Midway reason for a lawsuit. It's NOT Mortal Kombat.

Yes. The Mortal Kombat movies were cheese. I'm not against a SERIOUS Mortal Kombat movie. I'm against a "realistic" Mortal Kombat movie.

It totally needs a jetpack and it should be revealed that Johnny Kage and Kano are step brothers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum