Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mortal Kombat Remake

+29
goatt
Bigtymin504
alucardbarnivous
Heytherejeffro
Joshua
(._Y_.)
Paroxysm
supervenom
MikeSabian
elijahdprophet
krpykrwly
colossus1979
Sandman
Thundermatts
shark6495
prescribeddrone
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
breatheasy
Silent K
DickGrayson007
comicgeekelly
Airwolf
rwe1138
jaydee74
Astro13Zombie
shiky800
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

JetPacks make everything better.

52Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:27 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:A serious, but not realistic Mortal Kombat movie would get laughed out of theaters. It wouldn't get made.
Yeah, I remember when some jerkoff wanted to make a serious, but not realistic movie adaptation of The Lord of the Rings. Such bullshit.

53Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:
comicgeekelly wrote:A serious, but not realistic Mortal Kombat movie would get laughed out of theaters. It wouldn't get made.
Yeah, I remember when some jerkoff wanted to make a serious, but not realistic movie adaptation of The Lord of the Rings. Such bullshit.

I love the idea of a LOTR-style Mortal Kombat.

54Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"Lordal Kombat"?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

55Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:36 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Silent K wrote:
Joshua wrote:

I love the idea of a LOTR-style Mortal Kombat.

That was called Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. #Fail

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

56Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:50 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:

LOTR and Mortal Kombat are two completly different things. Fantasy epic that takes place across three books vs. a martial arts tourney from a video game.

A serious, but not realistic Mortal Kombat movie would end up being like that Dragon Ball Z movie that came out a year or two ago.

57Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:58 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Only if it was mishandled with the same lack of budget and production.

58Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:56 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:I really like the premise.

It's like a fucked up Enter the Dragon.

*nods*

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

59Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:58 pm

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:How is a plastic surgeon who murdered his patients, performed plastic surgery and body modifications on himself to a disfiguring degree, and implanted 10-inch long retractable blades into his forearms NOT considered fantasy?

Don't watch a lot of TMZ?

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

60Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd want this to be a web-series or a web-movie, like Angel of Death, moreso than a theatrical release. I want my Darkstalkers, Bloody Roar, Tekken and/or Soul Calibur films before another attempt at a MK or Street Fighter flick.

61Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually thought the Mortal Kombat movies were good but just a little too much cheesecake...okay the 2nd one had A LOT too much lol. I don't see any reason why an awesome fantasy-ish MK movie can't be made.

That said, I really liked that demo clip. The fight scene was freakin awesome. And the more "realistic" take was pretty cool. The set up of the underground tournament and rivalry between Scorpion and Sub-Zero were really well done. With a few tweaks here and there, I would love to see something like this in theaters.

62Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:17 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Does realistic Sub-zero carry a tank of liquid nitrogen everywhere he goes?

63Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 pm

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Nah, Sub-Zero is actually the Ice-Truck Killer. Sorry to spoil a movie before it gets made.

64Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:00 am

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I'd want this to be a web-series or a web-movie, like Angel of Death, moreso than a theatrical release. I want my Darkstalkers, Bloody Roar, Tekken and/or Soul Calibur films before another attempt at a MK or Street Fighter flick.

Was Bloody Roar the game where the fighters could transform into animals?

65Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:05 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:I really like the premise.

It's like a fucked up Enter the Dragon.

Indeed. This is a martial arts movie with references to Mortal Kombat, not Mortal Kombat. At least that's the feeling I got from this. In short, I can see where Silent K is coming from. This reminds me of the Street Fighter movie (the one with JCVD). Except, instead of cheesy, it went dark. Even that movie was closer to the game than this one seems to be.

This is such a departure from the original concept, it feels like a some odd re-imagining, like one of the characters is having a bad dream or something. Grimdark is fun, but it doesn't always make things better.

In any case, Johnny Cage being dead fills me with obscene rage. No shadow kick? Making everything in Mortal Kombat more realistic (though the idea of blades housed in someone makes me laugh and makes me think of all the infections he must deal with but I digress) takes away from what made Mortal Kombat (and most fighting games) so cool, namely outlandish fights and effects, fireballs and all. With this, we'll probably get some bulky flamethrower.

With that said, I go back to lurking quietly. ninja

66Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:16 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:
Was Bloody Roar the game where the fighters could transform into animals?
Yea, that was a fun series. Only played the 2nd and 3rd of the series, though. Has a decent genetic experiment concept mixing with chi and martial arts training.

That's one thing that stuck out to me about this MK take, how does a surgeon know martial arts?

67Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:44 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Was just thinking of all the "realistic" incarnations of certain characters and considered the possibilities that this kind of theme evokes.

So...Kitana would be a masseuse that gives happy endings. And her evil twin sister, Mileena, would be the masseuse that gives unhappy endings?

Oh, and Raiden could be a bum with a taser. "Hyyyyaaaahhh!" *crackle*

68Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Laughing Laughing

69Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:09 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm ok with this. It seems like an interesting take on it. I believe the set up was long because they are trying to sell this movie and get it made. So it might be more long winded than anything in the actual movie. Like Eli said I don't think they've thrown out the fantasy element. The fact is the fantasy elements cost money and this is a movie that hasn't been given the green light yet.

70Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:16 am

Juggalojohn

Juggalojohn
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Project Hatesphere

Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 896781189_mvdXP-L

71Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:18 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they made a "realistic" Mortal Kombat I wouldn't see it. It wouldn't be MK. I'd much prefer they make a serious movie yet keep the unrealistic nature of MK.

I liked the two MK movies. They weren't great, but they were fun to watch when I was a kid.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

72Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:34 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:If they made a "realistic" Mortal Kombat I wouldn't see it. It wouldn't be MK. I'm much prefer they make a serious movie yet keep the unrealistic nature of MK.

I liked the two MK movies. They weren't great, but they were fun to watch when I was a kid.
pretty much my thoughts. that trailer was too Seven-esque for my taste.

73Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:53 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:I'm ok with this. It seems like an interesting take on it. I believe the set up was long because they are trying to sell this movie and get it made. So it might be more long winded than anything in the actual movie. Like Eli said I don't think they've thrown out the fantasy element. The fact is the fantasy elements cost money and this is a movie that hasn't been given the green light yet.
That's pretty perceptive. It's like Blomkamp and his mini-movies. I mean, look at Alive in Joburg, his original short-film, and then look at the theatrical coolness that came from that, District 9.

74Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No body is arguing that the short isn't cool as shit. Those of us who aren't all the way on board are bummed that it just isn't Mortal Kombat. Sure, some of the dialogue was Ham fisted. (Code name reptile? lol wtf? Does he call himself that? lol, they don't say Code Name Trinity on Dexter, he's just Trinity.) While I like the short, and would watch the movie and probabaly enjoy it, a part of me would be bummed with (assumedly) no Goro, gods, demons, skull faces, fireballs, etc.

75Mortal Kombat Remake - Page 3 Empty Re: Mortal Kombat Remake Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:No body is arguing that the short isn't cool as shit.

I am.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum