Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 26]

151Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^Thanks for the info, but does that mean that his skeleton stays behind?

152Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:^^Thanks for the info, but does that mean that his skeleton stays behind?
He's being reincarnated. Reincarnation usually involves physical death. Over and over again.

http://realityfugitives.com/

153Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:29 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blackest night 3: captain planet ref FTW shame about gehenna though

154Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:52 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Anyone else thinking that there's an active retcon going that never mentions him being transported back in time, just plain ol' dead? i'm not complaining, i think it's better if he is dead and one of the biggest heroes of Final Crisis.
Dude, his "death" scene in Final Crisis was so weak. It looked like he got "killed" playing Lazer Tag.

Also, from what I got during the DCU panel last month, Bats isn't gone.. But DiDio can dodge a question with Clinton-esque ease. He answered nearly every question, except ones about BW, and then he just looked awkward. Not to mention there was talk about what happens with other people take over the mantle of a hero once held by another character when the original one comes back (ie: Dick Grayon as Batman).

155Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:53 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

While we're at it, I'm really liking BN a lot. Been better so far than FC was.

156Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:
Right now in Red Robin, Tim discovered the Bat Insignia scrawled on the cave at the end of Final Crisis. For all we know Bruce could become the "ancestor" to hundreds of heroes and heroines, for all we know he could be what helps keep Vandal Savage in check over the thousands of years... It'd be MESSED UP if he turned out to be Ra's Ah Ghul. They could go any number of ways here. Fuck it, Bruce is Kang. I dunno, I'm just spitballin' here.

wow, that'd be pretty cool if it's not made half-assed.

157Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Blackest Night = Crisis of Infinite Zombies

158Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Esbat wrote:
Right now in Red Robin, Tim discovered the Bat Insignia scrawled on the cave at the end of Final Crisis. For all we know Bruce could become the "ancestor" to hundreds of heroes and heroines, for all we know he could be what helps keep Vandal Savage in check over the thousands of years... It'd be MESSED UP if he turned out to be Ra's Ah Ghul. They could go any number of ways here. Fuck it, Bruce is Kang. I dunno, I'm just spitballin' here.

\

Did I really type "Bruce is Kang"? Laughing

http://realityfugitives.com/

159Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:32 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Esbat wrote:
Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Esbat wrote:

\

Did I really type "Bruce is Kang"? Laughing
You did, you sad, little man.

shake my head

160Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #46:

This issue was awesome. I remember the Predator from older issues of Green Lantern volume 2 so bringing that back is cool. Geoff Johns writing is just amazing. His Sinestro narrative is just awesome. I loved the character for a long time but there is just something about Geoff's writing that elevates these characters to a level that is even more awesome. I like that when you see Hal, it's right after the events of Blackest Night #3. If anyone wants to know if there is any book(s) you need to read along with Blackest Night, it's just Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps. The other stuff is good to read but the Green Lantern books is all you need to get the full understanding of this story.

The Banter between Carol and Hal was nice. I've always liked them together whether they were a couple or just merely life-long friends. I love the relationship and it was a cool page to read. The bantering between Hal and Sinestro was equally cool to read. The history of those two is just awesome and I love their relationship. I love the fact that the heart of the Star Sapphire Battery was in fact the original Hawkman and Hawkwoman. I've heard people guess that this would be what was powering the Star Sapphire Battery and so the reveal was cool to see. I like that.

The page with John and the Black Lantern planet that was Xanshi was neat. John tries to call it in but there is a lot of interference due to the problems with the Black Lanterns. John can hear something from the planet saying that it can help John save them. Who is them? I would imagine it means the people of the planet. If you look at John's eyes, you can see the Black Lantern symbols. I've got a bad feeling about that as we see John going towards the Black Lantern planet. I do hope we get Fatality showing up because it would make sense for this story line.

The fight between Sinestro and Mongul. Now, my only gripe with this is that I wanted an entire issue dedicated to this fight. I don't know why, but I thought this fight would be so epic that you needed an entire issue for it. Having said that, I still loved it. From the beautiful full-page of Sinestro punching Mongul to start the fight til the end, it was awesome. Mongul makes a point to talk about how he is all about action and gets things done while Sinestro takes his time and does mostly grandstand. For most of the fight, it looks like Mongul has the upper hand until we see the true cunning of Sinestro because it's Sinestro who has created these rings and it's Sinestro who really controls the rings and he proves it by overriding all of Mongul's rings taking him out. I loved it. Also, some interesting notes. When Sinestro swats Indigo-1, Hal and Carol away, he makes a yellow construct of Abin Sur. Also, you see Sinestro's failings and you see Abin and his sister and Sinestro's planet. I love how this character is being shown more and more as a fully developed, 3 Dimensional character and it's awesome.

As for the last page? Awesome. I cannot wait to read more of this.

161Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:45 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes I liked the reveal of what was powering the battery

oh and bn titans was fucked up....really fucked up

162Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:36 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I dug GL #46 more than any single issue of the mini itself.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

163Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Yes I liked the reveal of what was powering the battery

oh and bn titans was fucked up....really fucked up

I had heard people make the prediction as to what was powering the Sapphire Battery so it was cool to see that happen.

As for Blackest Night: Titans? That was messed up big time. I wonder what's going on with Donna after the baby bite and you see the Black Lantern symbols in her eyes. The team of Black Lantern Hawk and Hawk is really bad ass. Also at the end of the book? The living Titans seem to have a ton of problems. It should be interesting to see how this all ends with one more issue to go and I wonder if we'll get a clue as to who will be on the Titans post Blackest Night considering that Starfire, Cyborg, Donna Troy and Dick Grayson will be in the Justice League.

164Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:12 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

I need to catch up on these Blackest Night spinoffs. wacko

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

165Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:09 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:I need to catch up on these Blackest Night spinoffs. wacko

While the spin-offs are pretty good, you don't need them to get the overall story. If your reading Blackest Night, Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps, you'll get the overall story. I think the Superman story is the best of the three with Titans a close second and Batman just fair.

166Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:13 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah I agree with that order

167Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I'm really, really digging this story. +2 on that order as well.

168Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:20 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This should be the official BN thread!

Issue 4 was pretty cool, I just wish it was longer.

169Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:27 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

As much as I love everything that Geoff John writes...I've never cared for Green Lantern...tried a couple issues and couldn't get into it.

Blackest Night has completely changed that for me...Now I want to read all the GL stuff I've missed out on.

170Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:29 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BN #4

***SPOILERS***

Not bad. I do think it's starting to drag on just a little so looks like the timing is just right for the story to change up a little with Nekron's arrival.

I did not expect what happened to Damage. It's a bit unfortunate because I felt like he's a character whose story has yet to be fully told (as in I think there was more to be done with the character).

I'm liking the prominent role Ray Palmer is playing in this.

I didn't quite follow what happened with BL Azrael and Scarecrow. He seems to just ignore Scarecrow. Why was that?

171Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:03 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The part with Damage reminded me of a horror movie. Just when things looked like it might be ok, BAM! Someone dies. I wish I could have said I saw that coming, but it took me by surprise a bit. It was still cool even though I liked what the creators had been doing with Damage in the JSA. Overall though, it was a pretty good issue. I'm liking this event. Not loving it, but liking it a lot.

172Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:07 am

Metal Misfit

Metal Misfit
Zombie
Zombie

jaydee74 wrote:I'm liking this event. Not loving it, but liking it a lot.

That's how I feel when it comes to the actual mini-series. I think GL and the spinoff minis (haven't read GLC) are actually doing better stories and serving the "event" in a better capacity.

http://metalmisfit.wordpress.com

173Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:42 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:BN #4

***SPOILERS***

I didn't quite follow what happened with BL Azrael and Scarecrow. He seems to just ignore Scarecrow. Why was that?

I thought that part was quite profound, Scarecrow does not feel any emotions! he had no colors at all, since the BL's feed on the emotions people feel, Azarel just left him alone. Az was trying to scare him to feed on him but he said the only one who can make him feel fear is Batman

174Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So johnathon crane is an emotionless killing machine....

I always said he was Laughing

175Blackest Night - Page 7 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:20 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:BN #4

***SPOILERS***

I thought that part was quite profound, Scarecrow does not feel any emotions! he had no colors at all, since the BL's feed on the emotions people feel, Azarel just left him alone. Az was trying to scare him to feed on him but he said the only one who can make him feel fear is Batman

He mentioned that he exposed himself too much to his fear toxin that's why he doesn't feel fear. Unless it's from Batman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum