Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 26]

176Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

***SPOILERS***

I think BN #4 was actually my favorite issue of the main BN book. This is probably my favorite event ever. Even though I'm not LOVING the main book, when you add all the tie ins together with it, I just love it.

I really like how Barry is taking charge. I'm really starting to like the character a lot.

My favorite part of the issue:
Mera: If I'm Wonder Woman and you're Superman what's that make him?

Ray: The Flash.

The Scarecrow not being afraid of anything anymore, aside from Batman, was cool.

Damage's death took me by surprise. I'm not really happy about it. I liked him a lot. His death reminded me of
Spoiler:

Last edited by Batman25JM on Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

177Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:29 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:***SPOILERS***
My favorite part of the issue:
Mera: If I'm Wonder Woman and you're Superman what's that make him?

Ray:The Flash.
QFT. Great Moment.

178Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:56 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Metal Misfit wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I'm liking this event. Not loving it, but liking it a lot.

That's how I feel when it comes to the actual mini-series. I think GL and the spinoff minis (haven't read GLC) are actually doing better stories and serving the "event" in a better capacity.

I feel the same way.

Batman25JM wrote:***SPOILERS***
Damage's death took me by surprise. I'm not really happy about it. I liked him a lot. His death reminded me of
Spoiler:
Yes.

179Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
I thought that part was quite profound, Scarecrow does not feel any emotions! he had no colors at all, since the BL's feed on the emotions people feel, Azarel just left him alone. Az was trying to scare him to feed on him but he said the only one who can make him feel fear is Batman
Oh of course! Geez I was a bit slow on the uptake there. Yes that is a very important moment.

On another note - I was just thinking too that it's interesting that so far Blackest Night has taken place over a really short period of time. It's only a matter of hours not days or weeks. I've been thinking that by issue #4 it was just starting to drag a bit but then really these first 4 issues and all the other connected books have really just taken place over a very short amount of time.

I think that's interesting - it's all going to take a long time to unfold in real time (ie. at least 9 months with the 1 month break) but hardly any time in comic book time (if it continues like this). That is so hard to fit with continuity as other books around the place are moving along at a pace of days or weeks during that time.

180Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:51 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:
Sandman wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:BN #4

***SPOILERS***

I didn't quite follow what happened with BL Azrael and Scarecrow. He seems to just ignore Scarecrow. Why was that?

I thought that part was quite profound, Scarecrow does not feel any emotions! he had no colors at all, since the BL's feed on the emotions people feel, Azarel just left him alone. Az was trying to scare him to feed on him but he said the only one who can make him feel fear is Batman

He mentioned that he exposed himself too much to his fear toxin that's why he doesn't feel fear. Unless it's from Batman

Makes a lot of sense if you think about it. I liked the reasoning.

181Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Loved this issue. Check out the review on the main site if you haven't yet.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=14361

182Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

ok so what is the list now of those that the Black Lanterns can't "read"

Scarecrow
both the Doves

I know there is another one right? what am I missing?

183Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:48 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i thought it was cool that firestorm can change back to human depending who is in control. also i thought it was interesting with john stewert there was a black lantern also wearing a green ring.

184Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:04 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

shiky800 wrote:i thought it was cool that firestorm can change back to human depending who is in control. also i thought it was interesting with john stewert there was a black lantern also wearing a green ring.
OH YEAH!! i forgot about that scene, that was very interesting you would think that the GL ring would weaken the Black Lantern somehow right? and who do you think it is/ I was not collecting GL when the planet was destroyed.

185Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Sandman wrote:ok so what is the list now of those that the Black Lanterns can't "read"

It's only the BLACK Lanterns that can't read. Whasupwitdat?!

186Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:55 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Great stuff going on here. I got a HA! moment when I saw BL Azrael. There was always some ambiguity regarding his "death", but I guess now it's confirmed that JPV died.

Flash getting a "skeletal" jolt when the black rings reached 100% was interesting. I'm really curious to see how the resurrected heroes will be affected when all is said and done.

187Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:The part with Damage reminded me of a horror movie. Just when things looked like it might be ok, BAM! Someone dies. I wish I could have said I saw that coming, but it took me by surprise a bit.

Same here, I didnt see it coming at all. I guess a hint that something was about to happen was that he was being "read" by a BL, with the emotion hope appearing in the panel. Should have made me wonder who was reading him, but yeah, didnt see it.

188Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:23 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:ok so what is the list now of those that the Black Lanterns can't "read"

Scarecrow
both the Doves

I know there is another one right? what am I missing?

Etrigan

189Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:23 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
shiky800 wrote:also i thought it was interesting with john stewert there was a black lantern also wearing a green ring.
OH YEAH!! i forgot about that scene, that was very interesting you would think that the GL ring would weaken the Black Lantern somehow right? and who do you think it is/ I was not collecting GL when the planet was destroyed.
I'm expecting Katma Tui but I'm not sure why she'd be wearing a GL ring. Verrrry interesting.

Combo Mo wrote:
Etrigan
I would have thought he'd be rage. I guess maybe he doesn't feel emotions like us? I wonder if characters like Red Tornado and the Metal Men would be considered to have real emotions?

190Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Sandman wrote:
shiky800 wrote:also i thought it was interesting with john stewert there was a black lantern also wearing a green ring.
I'm expecting Katma Tui but I'm not sure why she'd be wearing a GL ring. Verrrry interesting.
I'm more interested because of the fact that she wasn't a Green Lantern when she died. After the first Green Lantern Corps series ended and Hal Jordan became a feature in Action Comics Weekly, the main power battery got messed up so only Hal was a Green Lantern. I don't think Katm Tui even had her ring on when she died so the fact that she has her GL ring on is weird. Also, why would she have her ring on and not other dead GLs?

Combo Mo wrote:
Etrigan
I would have thought he'd be rage. I guess maybe he doesn't feel emotions like us? I wonder if characters like Red Tornado and the Metal Men would be considered to have real emotions?[/quote]
Maybe because she's supernatural?

191Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:03 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Blackest Night #4

Fun again!

4.5/5 Bags&Boards - Just Awesome

Last edited by LOOSECANNON on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

192Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:57 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:
Etrigan
I would have thought he'd be rage. I guess maybe he doesn't feel emotions like us? I wonder if characters like Red Tornado and the Metal Men would be considered to have real emotions?

He doesn't have a heart...

Blackest Night - Page 8 Demon

I'm thinking it would be the same with Red Tornado and the Metal Men??

193Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:01 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:
Etrigan

Right. Well then. There you go. thumbs up

194Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:07 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm anxious to see how The Phantom Stranger fits into all this...I have a feeling he's going to become a MAJOR player.

195Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:21 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:I'm anxious to see how The Phantom Stranger fits into all this...I have a feeling he's going to become a MAJOR player.

I would imagine he would as well. I think a better crossover mini-series would have been Blackest Night: Shadow Pact or something that had to do with the magical and supernatural beings of the DC Universe.

196Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:
Etrigan

Right. Well then. There you go. thumbs up
Yep, well that pretty much answered my question. So the Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz would be safe too. Good to know.

197Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm guessing that robotic characters wont show emotions, based off seeing that Sinestro Corps member show up as unreadable a few issues back in GL

198Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I'm guessing that robotic characters wont show emotions, based off seeing that Sinestro Corps member show up as unreadable a few issues back in GL

Makes one wonder about Red Tornado, who is said to have something that amounts to a soul, despite being a robot.

199Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:29 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Makes one wonder about Red Tornado, who is said to have something that amounts to a soul, despite being a robot.

According to Despero, they are merely "programmed emotions" Wink

BTW, good to hear from you again buddy *insert bro hug here*

200Blackest Night - Page 8 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:39 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Makes one wonder about Red Tornado, who is said to have something that amounts to a soul, despite being a robot.

According to Despero, they are merely "programmed emotions" Wink

BTW, good to hear from you again buddy *insert bro hug here*

Ah. I totally missed that. And BROOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Laughing I missed you too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum