Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 26]

401Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:24 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was just damn fantastic. I'll avoid spoilers as well, but damn.

402Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. I loved this. Here's my review. It has spoilers so be warned:

http://jaydee74.wordpress.com/2010/02/25/blackest-night-7/

403Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:43 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Blackest Night #7

The last few pages were totally badass! I actually anticipated this (either him or Hal) but its still damn cool to see. The whole Entity thing was really interesting. With Ganthet admitting that life in the Universe first began on Earth, I wonder if Johns is intentionally syncing that up with creation theology. Like when God said "Let there be light." it was actually this White Light Entity that was created on Earth. Just interesting to ponder.

I gotta say though, the first like 3/4ths of this issue was fairly underwhelming and a bit too exposition heavy. All the focus on Lex seemed unnecessary too. But still great that the GLC finally show up in the main story...not to mention a certain dude that's against monitoring about to show up...

I wouldn't call the Lex stuff unnecessary. I find it totally believable that that would happen with him getting an Orange Ring. I think it would have been wrong to just show him falling in line and fighting the Black Lanterns.

Well I didn't say he should "fall in line" or anything like that, just that it seemed unnecessary to devote that many pages to it. But who knows maybe he plays a big role in #8 so there could have been a reason for it.

Personally, I liked that they devoted pages to it. I like the chaotic feeling of all these things happening at once.

superdoug wrote:It's called a misdirect, people.
Spoiler:

I didn't think it was unnecessary or anything; I thought it was a bit of calculated storytelling that didn't really pay off.

I don't really know if it was intended as a misdirect. I never once thought that Lex would become a White Lantern, and I didn't get the feeling that it was intended to feel like he would. It could be like you said that it was intended and it just didn't work out well, but I kinda doubt that was Johns' intent.

404Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spoiler:

405Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote: I don't really know if it was intended as a misdirect. I never once thought that Lex would become a White Lantern, and I didn't get the feeling that it was intended to feel like he would. It could be like you said that it was intended and it just didn't work out well, but I kinda doubt that was Johns' intent.

I could see it as misdirect, because I did have a brief moment where I thought Lex would get all the rings and somehow become a White Lantern. Then he goes on to stop Nekron and become the hero of Earth he always saw himself as. Which could somehow tie into War of Supermen in the future.

So to Doug's comment, the fact that I had this notion I'd say the misdirection worked.

406Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #52 covers (not a spoiler if you read Blackest Night #7)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

407Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Those are frakking awesome. Gorramit I LOVE this event!!!!!!

408Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hope Johns uses my White Lantern oath...

With brightest white, in Blackest Night,
And all emotion burning bright,
For those who have lost sight of right,
Look unto me for guiding light!

Wink

409Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

prescribeddrone wrote:AWESOME

I love Lex like this, I want him to keep the orange ring and fight Supes.. Laughing

Kinda genius...Lex Luthor takes on a whole new dimension with a ring

410Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:57 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So I finally got around to reading this and well,

Blackest Night - Page 17 Spideycame

This issue was wonderful and a fine read I love the reveal at the end, I love what they did with Lex. This was indeed a good read.

Bigtymin504 wrote:I hope Johns uses my White Lantern oath...

With brightest white, in Blackest Night,
And all emotion burning bright,
For those who have lost sight of right,
Look unto me for guiding light!

Wink

Sounds good, man. Wink

411Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:44 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BN #7

I can't help but agree with Dan (Philips, critic from IGN.com) wholeheartedly.

Oh boy.

With Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis pouring on more fanboy-worthy moments towards this spectacle than any ever before, the storytelling should be slowed down a notch. Understandably, there is a 22-page restriction, and there shouldn't be. Eight more pages would've allowed more fulfillment, rather than just a lot of pretty pictures and water cooler highlights. You do realize that Siege is doing the same thing in terms of pacing in only 4-issues and getting a lot of flack for it.

There are too many things going on in this issue without the focus on the most important. First, Lex Luthor hasn't been enough of an impact player in the Green Lantern universe for Johns to showcase his eruption the way he did. If it was a steer, it didn't work. Again, Dove's involvment with Blackest Night was nothing more than a brief teaser. Even the build-up to the jaw-dropping final page was faster than a Blue Flash. It's still a heck of an ending, though.

Among the goods is Ivan Reis's penciling. I've done nothing but laud Mahnke over on Green Lantern but this time Reis matches him panel-for-panel, with the spread of the entire Light Spectrum as great as it comes. There's no doubt his characters pop off the screen, with much of that is due to the colorists as well. I would like to see a little more ambience placed upon the full-scale environments, but that's a minor squabble.

As the penultimate finish to what many are claiming already to be the best event in comic history--indeed it still has a chance--Blackest Night #7 gets just enough right. Would I like to see Geoff expand on some of the happenings a bit more? Of course, but that's what the Green Lantern book and the other tie-ins are for.

3.5/5 Bags&Boards - The odds-on prettiest three-and-a-half star comic book of all time.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

412Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I really don't think that the fact that Lex hasn't historically done much in the Green Lantern universe means that he can't be showcased here. His greed knows no bounds and now that he has an orange ring it's only worse. I fully feel that this is what should have happened once Lex got the ring.

413Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:49 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I don't really want to get into a heated debate about this, but I agree with you. I just agree with bigtymin more in that too much dedicated space was used for this incident.

Regardless, it was a cool scene...I just care about the whole Nekron, Black Hand, Hal Jordan, Sinestro deal a bit more.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

414Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:45 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Fair enough. Like I said before, I don't have any problems that so much space was devoted to Lex. I just LOVE the fact that all this stuff is going on at once. It's pure and utter chaos and I'm loving ever second of it.

415Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

just....wow. did not see that coming, amazing! I love it!

416Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel that I should have seen the big reveal coming. A friend of mine called it a couple months ago, but I just didn't see it happening.

417Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been thinking about the prospects of White Lantern Sinestro beyond Blackest Night, and I think there's some serious potential if they decide to use it. Maybe Brightest Day really isn't all that "bright" after all...

Its hard to imagine Sinestro giving up that kind of power without a fight, and if he does save the Universe, I dunno if anyone would have the guts to make him. Now that the Guardians have been exposed, lets say Sinestro maintains the White Light Entity and takes it upon himself to protect the Universe. He's always wanted to run the Universe his own way and this is his chance. "Brightest Day" could be like a Cosmic "Dark Reign" of sorts. surprised

418Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got it today and I found it pretty awesome like all the corps ganging up on the outer space BLs, that was awesome. I understand Lex getting super greedy from the OL ring and I also do think there should be more pages and an extra page for the Black Hand stories would be nice too. It seems like ads for upcoming stuff is the reason there's a shortage of pages.

419Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:28 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

It would've been sweet if they'd "resurrected" an issue of a defunct Superman book and dedicated it to exploring Orange Lantern Lex.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

420Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:34 am

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Loved, Loved the ending.

421Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:10 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:It would've been sweet if they'd "resurrected" an issue of a defunct Superman book and dedicated it to exploring Orange Lantern Lex.
Yeah, that would've been cool. Any title in particular?

422Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Do you think the last page may just be a swerve? Like somehow the white light would reject him. And since apparently since life began on earth it would have to be an earthling to weild it?

423Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Yeah, that would've been cool. Any title in particular?

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel makes sense

424Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:58 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Agree with everyone. Issue #7 was fantastic. Haven't seen anyone mention it but I thought the muder of teh Guardian was pretty amazing. Geoff Johns really writes the Black Hand so well. He is truly scary.

Have to say in relation to Sinestro although I didn't entirely pick it there's certainly been plenty of hints given to us as to what an important role he would play in BN.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Blackest Night #7
But still great that the GLC finally show up in the main story...not to mention a certain dude that's against monitoring about to show up...
I'd completely forgotten about him! With all the death (and resurrection) and destruction the Anti-Monitor had slipped my mind.

Bigtymin504 wrote:I've been thinking about the prospects of White Lantern Sinestro beyond Blackest Night, and I think there's some serious potential if they decide to use it. Maybe Brightest Day really isn't all that "bright" after all...

Its hard to imagine Sinestro giving up that kind of power without a fight, and if he does save the Universe, I dunno if anyone would have the guts to make him. Now that the Guardians have been exposed, lets say Sinestro maintains the White Light Entity and takes it upon himself to protect the Universe. He's always wanted to run the Universe his own way and this is his chance. "Brightest Day" could be like a Cosmic "Dark Reign" of sorts. surprised
Not sure if I think it's going to be exactly what you're talking about here but I've read a couple of things just lately that Brightest Day doesn't exactly mean everything's going to be rosy (so sounds like your thoughts are somewhere around the mark). The idea that all is good in the DC Universe after this may prove to be an assumption only. And Sinestro becoming what he has become is a bit of a sign of that - he's definitely no good guy and seems as power hungry and egotistical as ever. Also the first issue cover I've seen with Aquaman doesn't exactly bode well.

Fear not, those who are sad to see Blackest Night finish. I suspect it's only the beginning!

425Blackest Night - Page 17 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Agree with everyone. Issue #7 was fantastic. Haven't seen anyone mention it but I thought the muder of teh Guardian was pretty amazing. Geoff Johns really writes the Black Hand so well. He is truly scary.

Did anyone else notice that the Guardian's internal physiology is comprised of the colors of the emotional spectrum? And that it's telling that the primary life-giver, blood, in their veins was yellow, and their hearts looked to be green? Fear and willpower are what have been guarding the universe for millenia?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum