Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 26]

426Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Blackest Night #7
But still great that the GLC finally show up in the main story...not to mention a certain dude that's against monitoring about to show up...
I'd completely forgotten about him! With all the death (and resurrection) and destruction the Anti-Monitor had slipped my mind.

Bigtymin504 wrote:I've been thinking about the prospects of White Lantern Sinestro beyond Blackest Night, and I think there's some serious potential if they decide to use it. Maybe Brightest Day really isn't all that "bright" after all...

Its hard to imagine Sinestro giving up that kind of power without a fight, and if he does save the Universe, I dunno if anyone would have the guts to make him. Now that the Guardians have been exposed, lets say Sinestro maintains the White Light Entity and takes it upon himself to protect the Universe. He's always wanted to run the Universe his own way and this is his chance. "Brightest Day" could be like a Cosmic "Dark Reign" of sorts. surprised
Not sure if I think it's going to be exactly what you're talking about here but I've read a couple of things just lately that Brightest Day doesn't exactly mean everything's going to be rosy (so sounds like your thoughts are somewhere around the mark). The idea that all is good in the DC Universe after this may prove to be an assumption only. And Sinestro becoming what he has become is a bit of a sign of that - he's definitely no good guy and seems as power hungry and egotistical as ever. Also the first issue cover I've seen with Aquaman doesn't exactly bode well.

Fear not, those who are sad to see Blackest Night finish. I suspect it's only the beginning!
Yeah just throwing out a scenario I think would be damn cool. And I agree, I'm pretty sure Brightest Day (and The Heroic Age for that matter) aren't gonna be all Silver Age-y happy go lucky stories. Just because the heroes kinda gain their footing back doesn't mean the bad guys won't come even harder to take them down.

427Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Agree with everyone. Issue #7 was fantastic. Haven't seen anyone mention it but I thought the muder of teh Guardian was pretty amazing. Geoff Johns really writes the Black Hand so well. He is truly scary.

Did anyone else notice that the Guardian's internal physiology is comprised of the colors of the emotional spectrum? And that it's telling that the primary life-giver, blood, in their veins was yellow, and their hearts looked to be green? Fear and willpower are what have been guarding the universe for millenia?

Yeah that was very interesting. I noticed the Guardian's yellow blood in Blackest Night #1 too, I wonder how much significance there is to all that.

428Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I loved #7, I thought that Johns provided a ton of vindication for Sinestro. Johns has written the character in such an interesting way, yes he's egotistical and tyranical, but he also really and truly believes that everything he's done has been in the right, and in this issue you see that Sinestro really isn't as far off base as we've all been led to believe for so long.

I fully expect #8 to be him redeeming himself and being the one to save the day coming out of Blackest Night, yeah the other New Guardians will have a big hand in it, but I think this is Sinestro's time to shine, although we still haven't seen the "I can't do this without you" scene that was shown when Hal got a glimpse of the future as it pertained to Blackest Night when he had the Blue Ring, so that may well come into play in the finale.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Fresh03 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

429Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Agree with everyone. Issue #7 was fantastic. Haven't seen anyone mention it but I thought the muder of teh Guardian was pretty amazing. Geoff Johns really writes the Black Hand so well. He is truly scary.

Did anyone else notice that the Guardian's internal physiology is comprised of the colors of the emotional spectrum? And that it's telling that the primary life-giver, blood, in their veins was yellow, and their hearts looked to be green? Fear and willpower are what have been guarding the universe for millenia?

I am not sure what the deal is with Ion & Parralax and the other embodyment of the colors are. but the Guardians are the oldest LIVING being in the universe right? yet Parralax has a mind of his own, so I would consider him alive. my theory is that it was the Guardians that created the spectrum because they felt something back then. they felt ALL of these emotions at one point and it scared them into abandoning them. they created Paralax and the predator and saw what they were capable of. from that point on they hid them away or kept them safe and only allowed the green light to shine

430Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:31 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:I am not sure what the deal is with Ion & Parralax and the other embodyment of the colors are. but the Guardians are the oldest LIVING being in the universe right? yet Parralax has a mind of his own, so I would consider him alive. my theory is that it was the Guardians that created the spectrum because they felt something back then. they felt ALL of these emotions at one point and it scared them into abandoning them. they created Paralax and the predator and saw what they were capable of. from that point on they hid them away or kept them safe and only allowed the green light to shine

Here's my theory:

The first life in the Universe was the Entity, followed by the Guardians, who were initially comprised internally of white light. When Krona looked back on the start of the Universe and caused the Multiverse to come into being, something he did caused the White Light to fracture and the Entity to shed the Avatars. The Guardians, changed internally by the fracture and aware of the Prophecy of the Blackest Night, buried the Entity to keep it safe, separated from the White Light by the Fracture. The Avatars they buried, albeit in light constructs that did not match their 'frequency' (hence Parallax being held in the Central Battery, and the Ion Power having to be 'found' by Kyle). Then they disavowed that there was any such prophecy to prevent anyone from inadvertently triggering the Blackest Night.

Now that the Guardians are comprised of the entire spectrum working in harmony and the Entity has been revealed, the White Light has returned, though I don't really forsee any kind of 'White Lantern Corps'.

431Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:42 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I'm still waiting for that Origins & Omens shot of the Guardians pointing at Alan Scott, Torquemada, and (apparently) Mordru.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

432Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:I'm still waiting for that Origins & Omens shot of the Guardians pointing at Alan Scott, Torquemada, and (apparently) Mordru.

Oh, crap. I forgot about the Starheart. Perhaps it's part of Ion that somehow was shed, and Alan found it. It was from a meteor, wasn't it?

433Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:30 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

superdoug wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:I'm still waiting for that Origins & Omens shot of the Guardians pointing at Alan Scott, Torquemada, and (apparently) Mordru.

Oh, crap. I forgot about the Starheart. Perhaps it's part of Ion that somehow was shed, and Alan found it. It was from a meteor, wasn't it?
A meteor forged by the Guardians from all the random magic that existed at the time, IIRC.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

434Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night #8 inked cover...
Spoiler:
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/03/02/the-cover-to-blackest-night-8-revealed/

Sweet!

435Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So anyone got any theories on the revelation that life in the DCU began on Earth? If we go by real-life scientific estimates, Earth is just 4.5 billion years old, which is young compared to the 13 or 14 billion-year-old universe. Are we to assume that life didn't exist on any planet in the DCU for the first 10 billion years until Earth came into existence? Or is it just that the DCU's Universal events and timeline are different than ours?

436Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would say it's probably different.

437Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:So anyone got any theories on the revelation that life in the DCU began on Earth? If we go by real-life scientific estimates, Earth is just 4.5 billion years old, which is young compared to the 13 or 14 billion-year-old universe. Are we to assume that life didn't exist on any planet in the DCU for the first 10 billion years until Earth came into existence? Or is it just that the DCU's Universal events and timeline are different than ours?

I'm with Jaydee in thinking it's different. The DCU is very much it's own universe and it's Earth very dfferent. I even think DC Earth is larger than Marvel Earth (which is supposed to be closer to ours lol). The timeline of DC must be very interesting considering how different it is.

438Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:So anyone got any theories on the revelation that life in the DCU began on Earth? If we go by real-life scientific estimates, Earth is just 4.5 billion years old, which is young compared to the 13 or 14 billion-year-old universe. Are we to assume that life didn't exist on any planet in the DCU for the first 10 billion years until Earth came into existence? Or is it just that the DCU's Universal events and timeline are different than ours?

I'm with Jaydee in thinking it's different. The DCU is very much it's own universe and it's Earth very dfferent. I even think DC Earth is larger than Marvel Earth (which is supposed to be closer to ours lol). The timeline of DC must be very interesting considering how different it is.

Yeah its interesting to ponder. So I guess Earth in the DCU was probably formed WAY before it was in our Universe. Considering Earth has been called the keystone to the Multiverse many times, I could see how this would make sense. The DCU is a very Geocentric place. Laughing

439Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:32 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All I can say is that I am curious to find out the whole story about the DC Universe's origin. Should be a fun story.

440Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:36 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night #8 final cover (do I still need to "spoiler" it?...ugh fine lol)

Spoiler:

441Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:56 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Awsome! but this is the second time I have seen the Indigo tribe as a ring instead of the staff

442Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Blackest Night #8 final cover (do I still need to "spoiler" it?...ugh fine lol)

Spoiler:

There NEEDS to be a poster of that cover.

443Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:Awsome! but this is the second time I have seen the Indigo tribe as a ring instead of the staff
They use both a ring and a staff.

444Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Sandman wrote:Awsome! but this is the second time I have seen the Indigo tribe as a ring instead of the staff
Yep.

Although I did notice that Mera is curiously missing from the cover...

445Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:29 pm

Peg leg Pete

Peg leg Pete
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Yeah its interesting to ponder. So I guess Earth in the DCU was probably formed WAY before it was in our Universe. Considering Earth has been called the keystone to the Multiverse many times, I could see how this would make sense. The DCU is a very Geocentric place. Laughing

hey hey!

just caught up on blackest night (through GLC and the main BN book), and i'm loving it so far.

as for what life starting on earth means...i'm going with the possibility that life in the DCU began on earth, either in the form of the Entity or something else, and then quickly left or was buried. Dunno, just a starter theory, probably loads of holes in it.

446Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:

I always assumed the staff was their battery, but there's no reason why they can't be dual wielders. Seems pretty cool as well.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Yep.

I think she survives, but she leaves the Red Lanterns, with Atroticus trying to make her join. I think I saw a preview for it.

Peg leg Pete wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

hey hey!

just caught up on blackest night (through GLC and the main BN book), and i'm loving it so far.

as for what life starting on earth means...i'm going with the possibility that life in the DCU began on earth, either in the form of the Entity or something else, and then quickly left or was buried. Dunno, just a starter theory, probably loads of holes in it.

That would be interesting. I wonder if this plays into the vents of Final Crisis and all the things Morrison has been doing withthat. I know that Earth lies at the crux of the 52 different earths (or something like that) so it's like a crux for all realities or something of that nature. that might explain why, of all worlds, Darkseid took over Earth as opposed to any other. It would have been better for him to take over a world like the Daxamites world, enslave them, and turn their sun yellow so he could have a true Superman-level fighting force. Then again, considering that he cloned Batman and not Superman, not Flash, not Hawkman, not even Orion or another new god, or the many other super-powered people makes Batman a point of interest. I understand that his pain and suffering and thus level of being played into things, but I wonder if the pain and sufferingof Batman had a deeper role in things. I wonder what part Nekron plays in all of this. I recall Darkseid, before he died, saying "in all of us", with black tears (possibly blood) in his eyes and mouth so he could be referring to the nature of the being that is Nekron, who Spectre showed an inability to affect. Or it could be something else entirely..... Suspect

447Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:52 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peg leg Pete wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

hey hey!

No that's pretty much the explanation I think too. Its just a lot different from real life where Earth is much younger than the actual Universe. Earth is very much the "center of the universe" in the DCU.

BTW welcome to PoP! Wink

448Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Yep.

From what I understand, she'll still be around and Atroctius will become fascinated with her and try to get her to join the Red Lanterns.

449Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Yep.

From what I understand, she'll still be around and Atroctius will become fascinated with her and try to get her to join the Red Lanterns.
Yeah I just thought it was odd that all the other Lanterns and their "deputies" were on the cover except her.

450Blackest Night - Page 18 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:37 am

Peg leg Pete

Peg leg Pete
Cadet
Cadet

after giving it some more thought, i'm almost wondering if earth didn't form AROUND the entity...possibly even created by the guardians as a protective shell.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum