Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 26]

451Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:51 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Peg leg Pete wrote:after giving it some more thought, i'm almost wondering if earth didn't form AROUND the entity...possibly even created by the guardians as a protective shell.
Interesting. All this reminds me of Earth X where the Celestials planted a Celestial egg in Earth and various other planets in the MU.

452Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:44 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Peg leg Pete wrote:after giving it some more thought, i'm almost wondering if earth didn't form AROUND the entity...possibly even created by the guardians as a protective shell.
Interesting. All this reminds me of Earth X where the Celestials planted a Celestial egg in Earth and various other planets in the MU.
yeah I thought the same thing when I first read it

453Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone remember that time when Ralph went a-looking for his wife?

Blackest Night - Page 19 A_tric10

"A trick of the light". Oh DC, you're screwing with my head. And yeah, looks like a white lantern symbol, doesn't it? Hurm....I wonder, then, if everyone will come to head, with everything being revealed or if there is an even longer thread/plan in the works.

Then again,

Blackest Night - Page 19 12693710

Blackest Night - Page 19 12693711

Suspect

454Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night - Page 19 Chakra10

A spectrum huh? Suspect I'm sure they must have made mention of this at some point lol.

Now I'm going to have to go back and re-read everything. Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

455Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wonder, if DC has been planning this and tying things together, which is not unheard of since DC has done stuff like this before (namely crises) and Marvel is claiming to be doing something like this with the whole Sentry thing (7 years in the making!), but I wonder, who is the red champion of rage?

Spoiler:

He has faced him before. And the guy sounds like a pretty vicious individual. Who would be like that.... Hmmm.....

Spoiler:

Possibly hope:
Spoiler:

Which may make sense since Alan Scott's ring is from a meteorite was a piece of the Starheart and Vandal Savage was transformed by a meteorite as well.....Hurm. And while I know that their origins are mere coincidences, could the writers be pulling a Geoff Johns and tying together pieces of the past to make a more unified and cleaner picture? That is, could there be another spectrum beyond the emotional specturm that consists of magic and other things? or maybe it's all one thing and within each color there is some deviation? I wouldn't dismiss the idea so readily considering how DC went wild with the 52 thing (adds up to 7 btw). And given how 7 played an important part in a JLA story that Morrison wrote, they may be utilzing this number as part of some structure in which the DC universe is built on. The question remains: Are these just the ions or the true creatures? Hurm...

That said, Spectre, use that hope! Laughing
Spoiler:

Then there is this:
Spoiler:

I'm sure not everything fits but it would be pretty cool if it did. educated

456Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 am

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Doctor Wade, you an me are thinkin the same thoughts dude! Having just read GL 52 (!) I couldn't help but draw the same conclusions as you (which I've just mentioned in the GL thread). Could it be that DC have been hatching some awesome 'unified field' theory for the DCU with Johns and Morrison going right back to 52(!)? Blackest Night - Page 19 1274

457Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:07 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I had an epiphany today (maybe not an epiphany). The Spectre is white with green togs. Now, assuming 'The Entity' is the 'Creator' of the Universe (I haven't read the new GLC yet, so I'm talking through my hat), then it appears that the Spectre may not be the instrument of God's Wrath (which would ostensibly be the Red Avatar) but rather the instrument of God's Will (which would explain the green in his costume).

What do you guys think? I think God's Will is being/has been sublimated by the rage of the unfairly killed hosts the Spectre's possessed. Recall, one of his strongest hosts was Hal Jordan, one of the greatest wielders of the Willpower to date.

458Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:43 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I had an epiphany today (maybe not an epiphany). The Spectre is white with green togs. Now, assuming 'The Entity' is the 'Creator' of the Universe (I haven't read the new GLC yet, so I'm talking through my hat), then it appears that the Spectre may not be the instrument of God's Wrath (which would ostensibly be the Red Avatar) but rather the instrument of God's Will (which would explain the green in his costume).

What do you guys think? I think God's Will is being/has been sublimated by the rage of the unfairly killed hosts the Spectre's possessed. Recall, one of his strongest hosts was Hal Jordan, one of the greatest wielders of the Willpower to date.
That's a good theory.

459Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I wonder, if DC has been planning this and tying things together, which is not unheard of since DC has done stuff like this before (namely crises) and Marvel is claiming to be doing something like this with the whole Sentry thing (7 years in the making!), but I wonder, who is the red champion of rage?

Spoiler:

He has faced him before. And the guy sounds like a pretty vicious individual. Who would be like that.... Hmmm.....

Spoiler:

Possibly hope:
Spoiler:

Which may make sense since Alan Scott's ring is from a meteorite was a piece of the Starheart and Vandal Savage was transformed by a meteorite as well.....Hurm. And while I know that their origins are mere coincidences, could the writers be pulling a Geoff Johns and tying together pieces of the past to make a more unified and cleaner picture? That is, could there be another spectrum beyond the emotional specturm that consists of magic and other things? or maybe it's all one thing and within each color there is some deviation? I wouldn't dismiss the idea so readily considering how DC went wild with the 52 thing (adds up to 7 btw). And given how 7 played an important part in a JLA story that Morrison wrote, they may be utilzing this number as part of some structure in which the DC universe is built on. The question remains: Are these just the ions or the true creatures? Hurm...

That said, Spectre, use that hope! Laughing
Spoiler:

Then there is this:
Spoiler:

I'm sure not everything fits but it would be pretty cool if it did. educated

Jherek wrote:Doctor Wade, you an me are thinkin the same thoughts dude! Having just read GL 52 (!) I couldn't help but draw the same conclusions as you (which I've just mentioned in the GL thread). Could it be that DC have been hatching some awesome 'unified field' theory for the DCU with Johns and Morrison going right back to 52(!)? Blackest Night - Page 19 1274

Great stuff guys! I haven't read a lot of the Morrison stuff, so some of this looks like Glenn Beck's chalkboard to me lol, but very interesting.

460Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Doctor Wade, you an me are thinkin the same thoughts dude! Having just read GL 52 (!) I couldn't help but draw the same conclusions as you (which I've just mentioned in the GL thread). Could it be that DC have been hatching some awesome 'unified field' theory for the DCU with Johns and Morrison going right back to 52(!)? Blackest Night - Page 19 1274

Thanks! Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. Marvel says they have been planning their stories for years now so it does not seem too far-fetched that a comic book company would do something like this. And since the two companies tend to end up doing the same things (for whatever reason), it seems like they could have been doing this. I know that Johns has had his hand in alot of thing earlier on and knew Morrison was coming to DC and is a fan of Morrison so he could have worked out something with him. And DC, who recently has given Johns more power in terms of editorial decisions, could have easily thought, "wow, that's a swell idea, let's do that". Especially since their flagship characters get put in the spotlight again. In short,alot of the things happening works in DC's favor from an editorial standpoint so I can see a grand plan as a possibility. Especially when most of the clues are in the Morrison and Johns books, leaving other writers to drop in clues at their leisure.

superdoug wrote:I had an epiphany today (maybe not an epiphany). The Spectre is white with green togs. Now, assuming 'The Entity' is the 'Creator' of the Universe (I haven't read the new GLC yet, so I'm talking through my hat), then it appears that the Spectre may not be the instrument of God's Wrath (which would ostensibly be the Red Avatar) but rather the instrument of God's Will (which would explain the green in his costume).

The same thing crossed my mind. I wonder how all this relates to GL and Alan Scott, who has a "magical" ring. It seems like there are two branches of the same thing, one magical and one more science based, it seems, unless that division was forced somehow. Hurm... Suspect

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Great stuff guys! I haven't read a lot of the Morrison stuff, so some of this looks like Glenn Beck's chalkboard to me lol, but very interesting.

It's alot of fun. If you read enough Morrison, you'll start to see some connections between his works. I never noticed it at first until I read Morrison's Animal Man and saw alot of recurring themes and even characters so it's all pretty interesting. You should check out the Batman and Robin thread, the last 2-3 pages has some cool stuff on there as well. I feel like JLU The Question when I read this stuff. It's fun. Laughing

461Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, so I'm gonna buy the last issue, #8, and back-issue the rest for prep towards Brightest Day and all that jazz. Because everything connected to BD has me more jazzed than BN has been the entire time.

462Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I was wondering how Sinestro intends to weild the white light. He became practically a dictator using his green ring, so it seems more complex intentions, inner workings of the mind, and "purity of heart" are not a prerequisites for weilding these powers, just general emotions and basic intentions. In other words, I wonder if he will abuse it and what the extent of his powers is.

463Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#8 hits tomorrow! *giggity*

464Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:#8 hits tomorrow! *giggity*

Seriously. I have a countdown going in my head Laughing

465Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

My sister is coming to town today, so I dunno when or if I can make it to the shop tomorrow! FML. Sad

466Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:58 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

My sister is coming to town today, so I dunno when or if I can make it to the shop tomorrow! FML. Sad

Why does family always have to ruin everything?! Laughing

467Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

468Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Really looking forward to tomorrow. If it's nice out i'm going to head out to the LCS buy #8 and pick up a slice of pizza at costco and read it during my lunch break.

469Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Docblais

Docblais
Cadet
Cadet

So glad I get an hour and a half for lunch

470Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I read trades all day at work...I work for a furniture/commercial product delivery company and I DON'T drive! I can spend anywhere up to 3-4 hrs, sometimes more in a truck, so I could read 2-5 trades daily!

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

471Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:53 pm

Jango Fett

Jango Fett
Cadet
Cadet

So I enjoyed #8. The art is ridiculously good. I think I'm gonna have to re-read the entire thing in one sitting though.

472Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:46 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

Well, that certainly bulldozed it's way to a conclusion didn't it? I kind of expected that to happen though, Johns always opens and closes his mini's at break neck speeds, the middle of BN drug on though, should have been 6 issues instead of 8, but we got exactly what Johns promised us the whole time.

Closed one door but opened up a whole slew of others.

Good read, not sure where I'd rank it right now, but I feel satisfied by what I just read after all of the hype, so that's a good thing.

The art is ridiculously good.

Yeah, Reis absolutely killed this one.

473Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:03 pm

JonSpangler

JonSpangler
Pirate
Pirate

I just finished, and I'm going to reread the whole series on Sunday at work.

I loved the art, I loved the stand the issues individually but in terms of a complete story I would give it 3/4 stars. I give this because

1. There was a INSANE amount of things that happened, though it seems all in one day. It made it seemed a little crammed to me, and repetitive. Being a newer GL fan seeing black lantern fridges in the end seemed like overkill.

2. Alot of things happened to little effect or very short effect.

Spoiler:

I could go on. In my opinion Blackest Night needed both more (more days, longer subplots) and at the same time less (the hero finding past loved one turned into a lantern idea ran its course fast) Thiis series needed a even larger scope with it encompassing more then just a afternoon in the timeline.

Though I will say again I loved the art, I loved the humor, I loved how little throwaways became something more (like Scarecrow showing no fear in the begining and then becoming a lantern, never would of guessed that). And I loved the general plot.

Maybe I'll change my mind sunday and retract everything.

474Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I liked #8 a lot. That quadruple page spread was tight!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

475Blackest Night - Page 19 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just got through reading this and honestly, I felt a little underwhelmed. The art was good (though I prefer Mahnke's personaly) but the pacing didn't make me feel overjoyed and stuff. I agree the Sinestro WL was kinda wasted. The ressurections, Im sure will have meaning but seems kinda too out there. Seriously,
Spoiler:
but I love the bit with
Spoiler:
It would've been better to me if it was a little more close ended then just a warm up for Brightest Day. Does anyone notice that most of any TV or comic finales are the new "Horrid third movie"?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum