Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 26]

251Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:48 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

buddy said in 52 to starfire

"don't let me come back as a zombie...."

so much for that eh?

252Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:58 am

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Looks like the lanterns are in DEEP CRAP! Hell of an ending.

253Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I LOVED issue #5. LOVED IT!!!

This is hands down my favorite event EVER!!

I LOVE that The Flash (both of them, but especially Barry) is such a big part of this event. Johns is making me a big Barry Allen fan because of Blackest Night.

I LOVED the Captain Planet nod. That was awesome.

I'm curious about the Batman BL. I know it wasn't really Bruce. I wonder how they did that.

The ending was kick ass. I can't wait for the next issue.

254Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:25 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Green Lantern #48 & Blackest Night #5

This is what I've been waiting for from Blackest Night. Finally we get to see Sinestro, Atrocious, Larfleeze, and the rest of the Rainbow Rodeo (happy) in the main book. The main book has been solid but now we're finally getting back into the Green Lantern mythos that made me so interested in this story in the first place. There's been way too much Barry Allen action so far IMO so this was a nice change of pace for me. There were plenty of "oh sh**" moments too. The end was pretty crazy, but feels a little redundant since it seems like every Blackest Night issue so far has ended with a new batch of Black Lanterns as the cliffhanger. Honestly its a little played, but this little twist on the BLs should be interesting.

Overall really good stuff. I included GL #48 cuz these issues pretty much go hand in hand anyway. I wonder how people reading BN but not reading GL (there must be a few lol) will react to the different Corps suddenly being united like that. It will no doubt read a lil odd in trade.

255Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I'm curious about the Batman BL. I know it wasn't really Bruce. I wonder how they did that.

I think that really was Bruce's skull, it seems like his body is still in the regular DCU but his consciousness/soul/etc is elsewhere. Since the dead Black Lanterns are just reanimations of the dead and not truley them, that was probably Bruce's dead body. Not sure exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it was him since Nekron announced him as "Bruce Wayne of Earth"...unless he got punked somehow.

256Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:10 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I'm curious about the Batman BL. I know it wasn't really Bruce. I wonder how they did that.

I think that really was Bruce's skull, it seems like his body is still in the regular DCU but his consciousness/soul/etc is elsewhere. Since the dead Black Lanterns are just reanimations of the dead and not truley them, that was probably Bruce's dead body. Not sure exactly how it works, but I'm pretty sure it was him since Nekron announced him as "Bruce Wayne of Earth"...unless he got punked somehow.

But we saw Bruce's body in the past. It wasn't just his consciousness. He had a body, and could touch things. I don't think that's Bruce's body. Unless when Bruce was hit with Darkseid's Omega Sanction it created a second body that was sent to the past leaving the body that was in the present an empty shell.

I don't think it was really Bruce's body. He didn't act like Bruce. The BLs might not actually be the people they were, but they have the memories and personalities, but "Bruce" didn't. I think Nekron just made that BL look like Batman to trigger an emotional response from everyone.

257Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

But we saw Bruce's body in the past. It wasn't just his consciousness. He had a body, and could touch things. I don't think that's Bruce's body. Unless when Bruce was hit with Darkseid's Omega Sanction it created a second body that was sent to the past leaving the body that was in the present an empty shell.

I don't think it was really Bruce's body. He didn't act like Bruce. The BLs might not actually be the people they were, but they have the memories and personalities, but "Bruce" didn't. I think Nekron just made that BL look like Batman to trigger an emotional response from everyone.

We saw what appeared to be Bruce's body in the past, but we don't actually know anything about what we saw at the end of Final Crisis. I guess its all kind of up in the air when it comes to Bruce at this point.

258Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

We saw what appeared to be Bruce's body in the past, but we don't actually know anything about what we saw at the end of Final Crisis. I guess its all kind of up in the air when it comes to Bruce at this point.

I still believe it was his body at the end. They said he's still alive, I don't think that could be the case if that husk that Superman had was his body.

259Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I still believe it was his body at the end. They said he's still alive, I don't think that could be the case if that husk that Superman had was his body.

It very well could be. But its just confusing since we just saw his body get reanimated like the rest of the dead. Nekron resurrected him by name, then said "back to rest" as if that was really Bruce's body, either he's lying for some reason or was somehow fooled himself.

260Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

It very well could be. But its just confusing since we just saw his body get reanimated like the rest of the dead. Nekron resurrected him by name, then said "back to rest" as if that was really Bruce's body, either he's lying for some reason or was somehow fooled himself.

I think Nekron lied to get an emotional response from the heroes in order to take them over with the black rings.

261Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

I think Nekron lied to get an emotional response from the heroes in order to take them over with the black rings.

Yeah that's possible, but kinda dumb to be honest. lol

262Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm gonna be honest, Batman coming back or whatever the hell that was that happened took me by suprise. Fantastic issue all around.

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of people comment on is how fucked up the Black Hand bonus material at the end of each book is.

263Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:48 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, issue 5 was fantastic.

264Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:04 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

all i can say about issue 5 is WOW!!
batman coming back to inlist all of those people into the black lantern corps was awesome. I also thought it was interesting that batman was put back to rest? Why not keep him around? we also know what the black lantern wonder woman figure will look like from DC DIRECT

265Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

HOLY SHIT BALLS!!!! that was amazing!!

I am still in shock

266Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:35 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Review of #5 on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=15509

267Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

so how come no one has mentioned that Larfleeze does not have an oath and his ring power got up to 100,000%!! that seems kinda huge

268Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:06 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They made fun of the fact that Larfleeze doesn't have a oath.

Why does "Batman" (did you notice they used quotes around his name?) have the weakest Black Lantern costume? I was surprised to see "Batman" but then I looked at his costume and all it had was a Black Lantern logo on his chest. Really weak when you see the other costumes.

269Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:16 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hes does have an oath!

"I'm hungry!" Laughing

270Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Larfleeze is one of my favorite new characters. DC needs to get him his own mini series.

271Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:34 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved issue #5 so much I reread it. I almost never do that, even with books I love.

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Yeah that's possible, but kinda dumb to be honest. lol

I'm convinced it's not Bruce. I forgot to mention this before, and Rath brought it up, but there were quotes around th enam Bruce Wayne. That right there is enough to suspect it wasn't him. And as I said before, he didn't say one word. He was basically a rabid animal, and that is not in line with anything we've seen before. If you think about it, if that was really him why wouldn't Nekron keep him around? What better Black Lantern to have on your side than Batman?

comicgeekelly wrote:I'm gonna be honest, Batman coming back or whatever the hell that was that happened took me by suprise. Fantastic issue all around.

One thing that I haven't seen a lot of people comment on is how fucked up the Black Hand bonus material at the end of each book is.

That Black Hand stuff at the end it really messed up. Johns is one sick bastard. Laughing

272Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

That Black Hand-centric issue of Green Lantern that came out right before Blackest Night was one of the darkest, most disturbing issues I've ever read of a non-mature readers comic. I didn't know Johns had it in him. Loved it!

273Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:That Black Hand-centric issue of Green Lantern that came out right before Blackest Night was one of the darkest, most disturbing issues I've ever read of a non-mature readers comic. I didn't know Johns had it in him. Loved it!

I know!! That issue was awesome.

274Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SO, has anyone memorized all the different oaths? So far I've only memorized the GL oath (obviously), the Sinestro Corps. oath, and the Red Lantern oath.

275Blackest Night - Page 11 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:32 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:That Black Hand-centric issue of Green Lantern that came out right before Blackest Night was one of the darkest, most disturbing issues I've ever read of a non-mature readers comic. I didn't know Johns had it in him. Loved it!

I think that was one of the single best issues of the year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum