Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 26]

526Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:12 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:

527Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:40 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hmmm... yes. Weird.

528Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:50 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Hmmm... yes. Weird.

Spoiler:

Hurm.... Suspect

I feel like Rip Hunter with his chalkboard. Laughing

529Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Spoiler:

530Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:

I think this is somewhere in the same realm as Galactus taking on the form of those viewing him.

Black Hand was his channel, therefore he may bear some similarities. Just a thought, but there may be something more.. ninja

531Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:

I think this is somewhere in the same realm as Galactus taking on the form of those viewing him.

Black Hand was his channel, therefore he may bear some similarities. Just a thought, but there may be something more.. ninja

Spoiler:

532Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think the inclusion of the other heroes makes sense when you add in Nekron "banking" those characters that died and came back to use when he tried to extinguish the White Light. A lot has been made about this series not just being a GL story, but a story about death in the DCU. They really have had more death & rebirths than Marvel has and at the end of the story going "Okay, we're not going to do that anymore" makes sense. People *are* tired of it, and I'm sure that a lot of those deaths we've seen happen in the past year or so were done knowing that this mass rebirth was going to happen. A little low? Yes, but if it means we're not going to see as much in the future is fine by me.

What they've done is find an effective way to bring these people back all together with a lot of fanfare, and then (most certainly) have "Rebirth" style stories in Brightest Day. I'm hoping at least three on-goings spin out of BD, and it looks like two of the Rebirthers will be in Birds of Prey (and another one in Generation Lost, which now makes perfect sense to have as a series given who one of the Rebirthers is). This makes a lot more sense than trying to do each of those returns (and let's face it, even without BN 90% of those people would've been coming back anyway. That's just FUCKING COMICS) on their own and then try to relaunch a series "on its own." Editorially it makes sense, and while it can be crapped on for being "mandated" or "plot-driven," I think it's pretty clear that there was a strategy here that goes back a couple of years, and in my opinion it comes off a lot better than "I dunno, have them attack Asgard all of the sudden LOLWUT?"

http://www.demonweasel.com

533Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Cap's resurrection wasn't shitty at all, did you read it? The timing issues due to delays sucked but the actual story was pretty damn good.

Not trying to say the story wasn't entertaining, but what killed it was that the story itself was completely pointless. There was no reason to go through that entire debacle, as I already outline in the Cap thread.

I thought I thoroughly explained it to you there though. hmm tongue
The short answer is that Red Skull enacted his master stroke to not only get rid of Cap for good but to also take control of Cap's body for good. He's always despised Cap because of the American ideals he represents, but also because he's the definition of the Aryan "ideal" the Nazis wanted to create. Skull wanted Steve dead, but he wanted the body for himself just as much. But there were various complications along the way, nothing was "pointless" really.

The argument for calling something "completely pointless" in comics is really tough to make anyway. I mean, what was the "point" behind Darkseid using the Omega Sanction on Batman rather than just frying him for good with a regular ole Omega Beam? Nothing in comics is done the short and easy way really, if it was there would be no story to tell.

LordD3r3k wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:Uh, Batman never died. unsure

And if you're referring to Final Crisis, the day the issue came out Morrison and Didio both confirmed he wasn't really dead, just that it's the next chapter in his story. They never tried making anyone believe he really died.
Which I actually think was a huge mistake. They should have at least left it ambiguous to keep some kind of suspense. Batman's "death" could have been a huge moment that I think DC missed out on.

But if they said Batman was dead, to which he really wasn't and they brought him back as inevitably would happen, we'd get even more rants like the one K-Whack is currently cooking up. Laughing

I think for once, a comic company was trying to be upfront with the fans

I think it would have been huge and ballsy if DC kept the fans in the dark. Everybody would have been like "whoa, they killed Batman!" and when he returned it would have been equally huge instead of everyone expecting it. As a huge Cap fan, I'm glad they let us think Cap was dead for almost 3 years because it kept the mystery and made it a huge development. Plus it really allowed Bucky to develop into his own and was a big reason why people truly embraced him as the new Cap rather than just a place holder. Up until Cap #600, everyone was convinced Cap was going to be dead for awhile then BOOM we found out he was returning and it was pretty crazy. I just feel like we all know big name characters will never stay dead forever, but not knowing definitely whether they will or won't be back adds to the story. Just my opinion.

I definitely hear you on the fan reaction though. DC probably would have gotten ambushed by Batman fans lol, because it is a different case than Cap since Bats is way more popular/mainstream. But I've come to the conclusion that its impossible to please comic fans either way, even for the best stories there will always be that vocal minority trying to tear something down.

534Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:31 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

Spoiler:

That's an interesting theory. But Nekron generally appears in humanoid form
Blackest Night - Page 22 Nekron

Hey we really might be onto something cuz like Wade, I too was always wondering why the Black Lantern symbol was based off of Black Hand rather than Nekron. I remember in that issue focusing on Black Hand (GL #43 I think), the symbol for Black Hand's father's funeral home was the Black Lantern symbol. I thought, why would Nekron use that symbol anyway? But maybe it was because Black Hand was his "tether" to the living, so he took on some of his characteristics like Derek said.

535Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:32 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Demonweasel wrote:I think the inclusion of the other heroes makes sense when you add in Nekron "banking" those characters that died and came back to use when he tried to extinguish the White Light. A lot has been made about this series not just being a GL story, but a story about death in the DCU. They really have had more death & rebirths than Marvel has and at the end of the story going "Okay, we're not going to do that anymore" makes sense. People *are* tired of it, and I'm sure that a lot of those deaths we've seen happen in the past year or so were done knowing that this mass rebirth was going to happen. A little low? Yes, but if it means we're not going to see as much in the future is fine by me.

What they've done is find an effective way to bring these people back all together with a lot of fanfare, and then (most certainly) have "Rebirth" style stories in Brightest Day. I'm hoping at least three on-goings spin out of BD, and it looks like two of the Rebirthers will be in Birds of Prey (and another one in Generation Lost, which now makes perfect sense to have as a series given who one of the Rebirthers is). This makes a lot more sense than trying to do each of those returns (and let's face it, even without BN 90% of those people would've been coming back anyway. That's just FUCKING COMICS) on their own and then try to relaunch a series "on its own." Editorially it makes sense, and while it can be crapped on for being "mandated" or "plot-driven," I think it's pretty clear that there was a strategy here that goes back a couple of years, and in my opinion it comes off a lot better than "I dunno, have them attack Asgard all of the sudden LOLWUT?"

1) Riiiiiiiiiiiight. DC's going to lay off the resurrections. I love when comic book companies tell us this, and I love it even more when people actually believe it.

2) The Asgard attack makes perfect sense with Loki pulling Norman's strings. I don't see what's so hard to "get" about that.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=21355

536Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:36 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Spoiler:

Hey we really might be onto something cuz like Wade, I too was always wondering why the Black Lantern symbol was based off of Black Hand rather than Nekron. I remember in that issue focusing on Black Hand (GL #43 I think), the symbol for Black Hand's father's funeral home was the Black Lantern symbol. I thought, why would Nekron use that symbol anyway? But maybe it was because Black Hand was his "tether" to the living, so he took on some of his characteristics like Derek said.

Um...I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but waaaay back in Green Lantern Secret Origins, Atrocitus recognized a young William Hand as 'the doorway to the Black' spoken of in the Blackest Night prophecy. Which, if it was at the beginning of Hal's career that this recognition took place, means that it was before Hal (or Kyle) had ever encountered Nekron. Therefore, I posit that William Hand was actually the Black Avatar, and Nekron was his 'Guardian', taking on Hand's form, rather than the reverse. That's why it was key that the attacks be focused on Hand and not Nekron.

537Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:46 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Issue #8 rocked !! I loved it...really anxious for Brightest Day next!!

538Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:57 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest day should be interesting

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

539Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Spoiler:

Um...I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but waaaay back in Green Lantern Secret Origins, Atrocitus recognized a young William Hand as 'the doorway to the Black' spoken of in the Blackest Night prophecy. Which, if it was at the beginning of Hal's career that this recognition took place, means that it was before Hal (or Kyle) had ever encountered Nekron. Therefore, I posit that William Hand was actually the Black Avatar, and Nekron was his 'Guardian', taking on Hand's form, rather than the reverse. That's why it was key that the attacks be focused on Hand and not Nekron.

Isn't that what we said? scratch

540Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:22 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Obviously, I got confused by all the different ways to say it. tongue

541Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:36 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing

542Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:47 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:I think the inclusion of the other heroes makes sense when you add in Nekron "banking" those characters that died and came back to use when he tried to extinguish the White Light. A lot has been made about this series not just being a GL story, but a story about death in the DCU. They really have had more death & rebirths than Marvel has and at the end of the story going "Okay, we're not going to do that anymore" makes sense. People *are* tired of it, and I'm sure that a lot of those deaths we've seen happen in the past year or so were done knowing that this mass rebirth was going to happen. A little low? Yes, but if it means we're not going to see as much in the future is fine by me.

1) Riiiiiiiiiiiight. DC's going to lay off the resurrections. I love when comic book companies tell us this, and I love it even more when people actually believe it.

2) The Asgard attack makes perfect sense with Loki pulling Norman's strings. I don't see what's so hard to "get" about that.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=21355

Wow. I know someone pissed in your Cheerios, but damn.

1) Will DC never kill a character off and then bring them back ever again? Doubtful. Did I say I believe them? No. Don't put words in my type. However, I'm sure they will probably do it less, especially since the guy who wrote this book now has may more sway at the company than other writers (at both companies) that have made this claim before. Especially since DiDio is pubbing and not editing.

Spoiler Alert: This will be a long argument, and just boil down to wanting to like DC books and generally enjoy them and someone who's looking for faults.

2) Yeah, they suddenly show off that Loki is one the pulling the strings and have Osborn decide to attack Asgard mere seconds after it returns from Latveria, and have it happen in a way that's a shameless retread of one of their earlier events. I find it hard to believe that Marvel didn't step up their timetable for Siege by a couple of months when they saw how strong Blackest Night started.

Second spoiler alert: This will all boil down to someone being a Marvel person and someone being a DC person, they will lock together, hands at throat, until the end of time.

http://www.demonweasel.com

543Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Spoiler:

Haha yeah we're all pretty much saying the same thing. Makes me wonder how they didn't figure out Black Hand was so important to Nekron's existence earlier, especially Atrocious.

Demonweasel wrote:2) Yeah, they suddenly show off that Loki is one the pulling the strings and have Osborn decide to attack Asgard mere seconds after it returns from Latveria, and have it happen in a way that's a shameless retread of one of their earlier events. I find it hard to believe that Marvel didn't step up their timetable for Siege by a couple of months when they saw how strong Blackest Night started.
I'm sorry but that's utter nonsense. Marvel organized a huge event showcasing Norman's downfall (something they had been hinting at since he took power) and restructured their entire Avengers line and basically Universe all because of the start of Blackest Night? That's just silly to think that. These companies don't operate like that. They have rough outlines of their stories planned over a year in advance. Small details may change but the general direction is planned WELL in advance.

544Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:57 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hug

Anyway. I really enjoyed Blackest Night.

545Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:10 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:hug

Anyway. I really enjoyed Blackest Night.

In-deed. Very Happy

546Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:38 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Spoiler:

Isn't that what we said? scratch

Laughing

Mnemosis wrote:http://panelsonpages.com/?p=21355

shake my head I left a comment for your article. Yes, one of my long ones. Twisted Evil

AND I DIDN'T USE SPELLCHECK. affraid Laughing

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

547Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:42 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote: shake my head I left a comment for your article. Yes, one of my long ones. Twisted Evil

Laughing

Though, I do not see it.

548Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:43 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote: shake my head I left a comment for your article. Yes, one of my long ones. Twisted Evil

Laughing

Though, I do not see it.

It's awaiting moderation. They'll never approve it. Laughing

I can imagine their reaction: "Dammit Wade, this shit is not funny anymore!".

Laughing

549Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:45 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta say, I love the coloring that was done through all the GL books. Everything just looked so vibrant. It was a brilliant stroke to keep a dark theme throughout, (not just to fit the mood), but to really make the colors of the Corps pop. Then again, the art on GL has been amazing for quite some time now

550Blackest Night - Page 22 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:48 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I gotta say, I love the coloring that was done through all the GL books. Everything just looked so vibrant. It was a brilliant stroke to keep a dark theme throughout, (not just to fit the mood), but to really make the colors of the Corps pop. Then again, the art on GL has been amazing for quite some time now

Indeed. I kept on asking myself why art on other books couldn't look this great. This and Tony Daniel's work have been solid as of late. The way Flash was drawn was superb.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum