Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 26]

576Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Now you made me go look it up.

OK... all she says is "We cannot fail my savior." What if Abin Sur was only HER savior. She says nothing about him being their creator.

What if his arrival were prophesied? If he were who the Indigo's were to deliver the message to. We really have no idea what that oath says and until we do I think it's impossible to know exactly what role Abin Sur played in their creation/prophecy.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

577Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure she spoke more about Abin Sur than just calling him a savior, no? I mean, back when she first hit the scene they had a page long dialogue about Abin Sur. There's nothing in there about whether he either found or formed them?

I probably could go dig it out, but that's a mission for another day

578Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:34 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:For the Indigo Tribe, we also have to remember their link to Abin Sur. He could have established them awhile back when everyone else kept ignoring his talk of the prophecy. They seem like a cult in many ways.

I think it's the other way around. I think that Abin Sur encountered the Indigo Tribe (maybe Indigo-1) and they told him about the Blackest Night prophecy because they had some sort of revelation that Abin Sur would be the one to start things in motion. Thus, his fixation on the prophecy began, and may be why he was trying to keep Atrocitus from Earth (and Hand, and the Entity).

that is what I believe too. He was trying to find out about the prophecy in secret origin or atleast get the guardians to admit to it, I imagine he learned about it from the tribe first. and Sur probably saved her life becoming her "savior" and then upon learning about a different color in the spectrum he advised to collect others.

Does anyone remember where the prophecy came from that his ring would give out on him when he needed it the most? it could be he learned both prophecies from Indigo-1

579Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:36 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In Alan Moore's original story, he learned it from the 5 Inversions, who we now know their leader as Atrocitus. Johns' pretty much kept it that way when he really fleshed out those encounters

580Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:10 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:In Alan Moore's original story, he learned it from the 5 Inversions, who we now know their leader as Atrocitus. Johns' pretty much kept it that way when he really fleshed out those encounters
that's right I remember that now. man Abon was getting prophicies left and right before he died!

581Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:35 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gonna reread it all tomorrow with this in mind, but in GL 46 she tells Sinestro that Abin Sur told her that she could trust him of all Green Lanterns even though she knows his situation has changed. When he asks her how she knows Abin Sur she says "I met him when I was self-centered and self-important like you."

To me that doesn't translate as he founded the Indigo's simply that he saved HER. Maybe his saving her caused the Indigo's to be created, she is called Indigo-1 after all. Maybe he met the Indigo's in his search and led her to them.

Merely speculation at this point, but maybe they call her Indigo-1 because the light of compassion is the strongest in her. They really don't have names she said even though they refer to the other main Indigo as Munk.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

582Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I might be making this up, but in her early appearance doesn't Indigo-1 say that Sur brought them together?

Not sure. I'd have to see it to believe it. Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them? Suspect

So many questions! Back to the chalkboard!

Blackest Night - Page 24 415743-Chalkboard_large
She says this in the GL issue that is officially needed to be read before BN #5, Doc.

>Sees the above post.
>Wonders why said person did not see everything I wrote down past the first two phrases.
>Goes back to looking over the rest of the board because if above poster had, they would see what I'm going to post next and realize that the issue in which the poster is talking about did not answer those questions.

Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them?

583Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:44 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:Gonna reread it all tomorrow with this in mind, but in GL 46 she tells Sinestro that Abin Sur told her that she could trust him of all Green Lanterns even though she knows his situation has changed. When he asks her how she knows Abin Sur she says "I met him when I was self-centered and self-important like you."

To me that doesn't translate as he founded the Indigo's simply that he saved HER. Maybe his saving her caused the Indigo's to be created, she is called Indigo-1 after all. Maybe he met the Indigo's in his search and led her to them.

Merely speculation at this point, but maybe they call her Indigo-1 because the light of compassion is the strongest in her. They really don't have names she said even though they refer to the other main Indigo as Munk.

Looking over everything, this was what I got from it. Unless Abin Sur made the Indigo tribe as some sort of team to prevent the end (which would be smart on his part and add a level of intrigue), it would still make some things seem....nonsensical in all of this.

584Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night - Page 24 12594910

Hurm.... Suspect

585Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 am

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider_Fan14 wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I might be making this up, but in her early appearance doesn't Indigo-1 say that Sur brought them together?

Not sure. I'd have to see it to believe it. Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them? Suspect

So many questions! Back to the chalkboard!

Blackest Night - Page 24 415743-Chalkboard_large
She says this in the GL issue that is officially needed to be read before BN #5, Doc.

>Sees the above post.
>Wonders why said person did not see everything I wrote down past the first two phrases.
>Goes back to looking over the rest of the board because if above poster had, they would see what I'm going to post next and realize that the issue in which the poster is talking about did not answer those questions.

Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them?
For the green part do you mean me or Sapphire Gypsy? If so then I'm sorry for not looking at the other stuff.

586Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

:LOL:

Okay, if Indigo-1 ends up being the chick monitor up there...

And, for the record, I HATE when writers want to use the "We don't have names/individual identities" bit, but then go ahead and give characters names anyways. Gargoyles was one of the few times this was EVER handled well.

587Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:36 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Gargoyles was one of the few times this was EVER handled well.

Where they named them all after street signs?

588Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

After breathing in and taking in all that is Blackest Night #8 over the weekend, reading every review, message forum comment, insight, analysis, etc., here goes my long-awaited, much thought-over, dynamically-intelligible review:

Blackest Night #8

I enjoyed it. A lot.

4/5 Anti-Monitors - I'll just leave you with this: I've NEVER before witnessed so many hiss-pissy moaning about one damn single comic book in my life. Thing is, all of the criticism makes perfect sense. But this is a damn COMIC book. Of course there are going to be hero/villain deaths, events leading to events, insurmountable resurrections, promoted solicits, writer bias, illogical reasoning, multiple splash pages, character over-exposure, plot sequences unexplained, deus ex machinas, red herrings, etc. If you expected anything else, you're criticizing the wrong type of genre; at least, you're criticizing the WRONG type of comic book.

Good night, Blackest Night.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

589Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:06 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:I'll just leave you with this: I've NEVER before witnessed so many hiss-pissy moaning about one damn single comic book in my life.

One More Day? huh

Laughing

590Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That said, conspriacy time!:
Both contain spoilers concerning Blackest Night 8 (the most recent and last Blackest Night issue!) Read at your own risk! You were warned!!!

Spoiler:

And then there's this.
Spoiler:

The plot thickens. Suspect
I was away for the long weekend so have been coming in late to all this but I'm loving all your theories. You've got way too much time on your hands and need to change your name to Rip Hunter.

I think one of the coolest things out of all this is what's happened to Deadman. Seeing what happens next with him should prove very interesting.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:
Oh this is good!

LordD3r3k wrote:I gotta say, I love the coloring that was done through all the GL books. Everything just looked so vibrant. It was a brilliant stroke to keep a dark theme throughout, (not just to fit the mood), but to really make the colors of the Corps pop. Then again, the art on GL has been amazing for quite some time now
I'm glad someone mentioned this as I've been saying regularly for some time that the coloring on the GL books has been nothing short of superb and also I imagine that they would be great fun for a colorist to do. Alex Sinclair did this book but I think it's been Nei (?) Ruffino on GL for a lot of the time. But anyway all the colorists have played such a big role in these books seeing color itself plays such a big role. A shame I'm colour blind!

Bigtymin504 wrote:
superdoug wrote:
Sandman wrote:No one know ANYTHING about the Indigo tribe. where they came from what they do or HOW LONG they have been around! since the majority of the other "lights" have been fairly new it is easy to assume they are too. but what if they have been around for almost as long as the green lanterns? just doing thier own thing and not bringing attention to themselves. and Nekron was one of them? think about his level of compassion may be to just kill everyone so that they do not suffer any more and he went rouge from the tribe. and they took Hand to try and rectify that mistake

Well...that's a good theory. However, it can really only apply to the Indigo and Orange Lanterns. We saw that the Guardians hid the Orange Light back in the early days of the Universe, and when Larfleeze found it, they let him keep it on the condition that he never leave that sector of space (and no one would enter it in return). The Star Sapphires were using the Violet Light (the Predator) as the symbol of their Zamaron Queen shortly after they split with the Guardians and left for Zamaron. I fully believe that's what would possess Carol Ferris early in her 'career', and why it seemed to change her personality so greatly, like Hal with Parallax. It was only after they realized the Blackest Night was about to start that they opened up the Star Sapphire Corps.

We saw the Blue, Black, Yellow, and Red Corps form in the pages of Green Lantern. It's really only the Indigo tribe that we don't know anything about. It's likely that they have been around for millenia like the Guardians, but generally stay so far out in the universe that the Guardians more or less ignored their presence.

For the Indigo Tribe, we also have to remember their link to Abin Sur. He could have established them awhile back when everyone else kept ignoring his talk of the prophecy. They seem like a cult in many ways.
I'm with Abin Sur playing a role in starting the Indigo Tribe. I think they mention him so much that it seems probable.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Blackest Night - Page 24 12594910

Hurm.... Suspect
I love this one too! You're on fire!

591Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:28 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

LordD3r3k wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:I'll just leave you with this: I've NEVER before witnessed so many hiss-pissy moaning about one damn single comic book in my life.

One More Day? huh

Laughing

I was out club-hopping, beer-swilling, and internet-chick-chasing, or something of the matter when this book came out flower

592Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:41 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

One More Day? huh

Laughing

I was out club-hopping, beer-swilling, and internet-chick-chasing, or something of the matter when this book came out flower
your lucky...I had to do all that afterwards so I would forget about it....

593Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hahaaa...in other words I wasn't "into" comics like I obviously am now...

594Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ralph and sue are still dead?

wahhhhhhhhh! Crying or Very sad

595Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:46 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ for real. what the crap is that about?!

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

596Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Teds killer gets a free pass yet the dcus most beloved couple don't

sucks ass seriously

597Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Teds killer gets a free pass yet the dcus most beloved couple don't

sucks ass seriously
I am sure that will get addressed. I truly believe nobody was brought back to life without a reason and the same goes for people that were not brought back.

598Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:05 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
shining knight wrote:Teds killer gets a free pass yet the dcus most beloved couple don't

sucks ass seriously
I am sure that will get addressed. I truly believe nobody was brought back to life without a reason and the same goes for people that were not brought back.

Maybe they didnt want to? i mean I know that doesnt make any sense... but still..

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

599Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:08 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LIke I said, most if not all the resurrections have some kind of reason. The Hawk resurrection will be dealt with in Birds of Prey as Hawk and Dove are on the team. I believe Jade is being dealt with in Justice League of America. Captain Boomerang in the Flash series and more will be dealt with in Brightest Day. Also, who is to say we won't see some more people brought back in the Brightest Day?

600Blackest Night - Page 24 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jade's story is going to be told in some sort of JLA/JSA crossover, which makes sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum