Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 26]

301Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:46 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Part of the reason why I said originally that there is no definitive answer until Morrison explains himself. In any case, I think it's assuming too much that Johns knows in depth what Morrison intended. Much like how Whedon misunderstood Morrison on X-men, much like Slott misunderstood JMS on Spider-man, these things happen. And often times, most people never truly understand what Morrison intends until he explains himself anyways.

Yeah that's almost always the case with Morrison, his explanations of his stories in interviews and such are always WAY better than the actual stories themselves IMO. He seems to have all these crazy interesting concepts jumping around in his head but just can't seem to get them down on paper effectively, they too often end up a convoluted mess like Final Crisis. That's just my opinion.

302Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love how Johns singlehandly gives credibility to resurrections in comics with one of the most disturbing and exciting events of the last decade. Johns continues to set the bar

303Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I love how Johns singlehandly gives credibility to resurrections in comics with one of the most disturbing and exciting events of the last decade. Johns continues to set the bar

Agreed. The manner in which he goes about it makes sense and explains why such is the case with "super-people" as opposed to normal people who don't come back.

304Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:33 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:buddy said in 52 to starfire

"don't let me come back as a zombie...."

so much for that eh?
Great memory and great pick up there.

Sandman wrote:so how come no one has mentioned that Larfleeze does not have an oath and his ring power got up to 100,000%!! that seems kinda huge
I thought that was really bloody funny when everyone's saying their oaths and Larfleeze is off over the side going "eh?". heh

Debaser77 wrote:That Black Hand-centric issue of Green Lantern that came out right before Blackest Night was one of the darkest, most disturbing issues I've ever read of a non-mature readers comic. I didn't know Johns had it in him. Loved it!
That was my favourite single issue of a comic for 2009 and I thought one of the best things Johns has written. And totally unexpected of him.

Jherek wrote:Whatever the Omega Sanction does we know from that final panel in FC that some aspect of Bruce/Batman is stuck in a cave somewhere (we assume the past). We also know (because it's comics) that he will return at some point. So the simple explanation would be that whatever Nekron's Black Rings are latching onto in the other re-animated corpses just isn't there in Bruce's case. The Black Lantern Batman was an empty husk and thus unable to function in the same way as the other Black Lanterns; as was illustrated in the story. His function was to provide an emotional tether and spit rings at formally dead heroes. Nekron can work with dead people and now dead people who have come back from the dead but not dead people who aren't quite dead but haven't yet come back.
I'm with you on this. scratch

Bigtymin504 wrote:
As far as the name in quotes thing goes, I must have missed it so I'll have to check back later. But usually whenever I see someone's name in quotes like that, it tends to just be as a form of condescension or ridicule. So I dunno.
I think the quotes almost certainly indicate it's not Bruce. What's more I think it's a big tip of the hat to the readers because I doubt it was said in an ironic way to the characters involved (which is another way you'd use quotes).

305Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
As far as the name in quotes thing goes, I must have missed it so I'll have to check back later. But usually whenever I see someone's name in quotes like that, it tends to just be as a form of condescension or ridicule. So I dunno.
I think the quotes almost certainly indicate it's not Bruce. What's more I think it's a big tip of the hat to the readers because I doubt it was said in an ironic way to the characters involved (which is another way you'd use quotes).

Yeah I looked back and I saw that Nekron says "Bruce Wayne" back to rest. Sure seems like he's implying its not really Bruce...

306Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:45 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:

Yeah I looked back and I saw that Nekron says "Bruce Wayne" back to rest. Sure seems like he's implying its not really Bruce...

...which means the Omega Sanction is a sack of silliness. That little dialogue I put together is becoming more and more true as time goes on, justifying my dislike for Final Crisis. hmm

"Imma replace you with a dead somebody for lulz". hmm

I still think it's Bruce Wayne (in a sense-different from most of what has been said in this thread) but we'll see when Morrison clears it up.

307Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:54 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:...which means the Omega Sanction is a sack of silliness. That little dialogue I put together is becoming more and more true as time goes on, justifying my dislike for Final Crisis. hmm

I still think it's Bruce Wayne (in a sense-different from most of what has been said in this thread) but we'll see when Morrison clears it up.

I'm not sure why seeing his name in quotes is causing a bit of backlash. To me, it's adding to the mystery of what exactly is going on with that skull and what really happened to Bruce. And it may have nothing at all to do with the Omega Sanction. I find it very exciting and intriguing.

I have one theory to the skull.. perhaps it's one of the clone army Darkseid was creating with Bruce's memory. That could be why Nekron is able to summon it as Bruce, though it's not really him.

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to see how all these things play out.

308Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
I'm not sure why seeing his name in quotes is causing a bit of backlash. To me, it's adding to the mystery of what exactly is going on with that skull and what really happened to Bruce. And it may have nothing at all to do with the Omega Sanction. I find it very exciting and intriguing.

I have one theory to the skull.. perhaps it's one of the clone army Darkseid was creating with Bruce's memory. That could be why Nekron is able to summon it as Bruce, though it's not really him.

In any case, I'm very much looking forward to see how all these things play out.
I'm with you. I think the questions around that skull are intriguing.

309Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:44 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:...which means the Omega Sanction is a sack of silliness. That little dialogue I put together is becoming more and more true as time goes on, justifying my dislike for Final Crisis. hmm

The body Superman found had batman's clothes on. The clones had clothes? I'm not starting anything at this point, just wondering why they had clothes on and why they had Batman's clothes on as opposed to standard issue foot soldier gear like the other soldiers. Suspect

I think when all is said and done, one big "connect the dots" diagram would be fun, to make and pore over. Laughing

310Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

fianlly got my copies of GL 48 and BN 5 and i really liked them, loved the ending of number 5. Like i said in my recent post in my TT Thread, i felt ripped off from the cover, depicting a fight against Orange and Blue Lanterns but inside no fight or trip to Odym at all. I read on the website DC is only shipping one book, BN number 6 on the 30th this month. I'm kinda wishing they would resolve the plot thread with Blue Devil, Zatanna, Phantom Stranger and BL Spectre and Pariah soon, if they don't by issue 8 or so it'll be quite a plot hole.

311Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:17 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Hal is gonna fight Black Lantern Spectre in Green Lantern #50

312Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

comicgeekelly wrote:^^^ Hal is gonna fight Black Lantern Spectre in Green Lantern #50
cool, hope that does solve it. also, is anyone reading Green Lantern Corps along with BN and GL? i've started to and i like the first part of the GLC side's story. Whose the lantern with the funky looking ring chair in the first BN tie in?

313Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:52 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

#6 leaked... going to read it now.

314Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:#6 leaked... going to read it now.
I read it. blink

315Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:14 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy crap. It was awesome.

316Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:48 am

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

my comic shop didn't get it.

317Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:Holy crap. It was awesome.

Ditto. While in the Marvel Universe:

Blackest Night - Page 13 1261767225645
Laughing

318Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:my comic shop didn't get it.

Mind did. I can't wait until Wednesday to buy it.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Holy crap. It was awesome.

Ditto. While in the Marvel Universe:

Blackest Night - Page 13 1261767225645
Laughing

That. Is. AWESOME!!!!!

319Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:27 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^That's amazing. I want to see more Marvel characters like that!

Without spoiling anything too much-

I hope that some of the 'circumstances' stay for a while and don't revert back in said time in the book. I really like how a few certain characters looks under this new... development.

I already have a guess on what might happen in efforts to stop the BL's. Let's just say what if ALL of the corps do what was shown that can be done? Imagine all the power....

320Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i hope mine will come in this week

321Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:48 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#6 was good. The new recruits should prove interesting.

Also, Black Lantern Air-Wave!

Remember Air-Wave?

He's back.

In Black Lantern form.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

322Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:43 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

both of the comic shops near me didn't get ut un this week.

323Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I absolutely LOVED issue #6. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Blackest Night is my favorite event to date. It's just great.

The deputies at the end were awesome. I LOVED
Spoiler:

You know, I really really want a Hal Jordan/Barry Allen GL/Flash ongoing. They're great together.

324Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:I absolutely LOVED issue #6. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Blackest Night is my favorite event to date. It's just great.

The deputies at the end were awesome. I LOVED
Spoiler:

You know, I really really want a Hal Jordan/Barry Allen GL/Flash ongoing. They're great together.
they are like superman and batman they work great together.

325Blackest Night - Page 13 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:34 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

damn it i need to read #6 already. i have to wait till next week till my comic shop gets it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum