Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 26]

326Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:21 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't get over how much I loved this issue and this event as a whole.

I loved when Larfleeze's ring duplicated and he freaked out. It was perfect. You know, if they ever wanted to do a Larfleeze mini or ongoing a perfect basis for that would be if other orange rings were somehow created/released and he had to go hunt them down so that only he had the orange light.

shiky800 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I absolutely LOVED issue #6. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Blackest Night is my favorite event to date. It's just great.

The deputies at the end were awesome. I LOVED
Spoiler:

You know, I really really want a Hal Jordan/Barry Allen GL/Flash ongoing. They're great together.
they are like superman and batman they work great together.

They really really do. I love them together.

327Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:10 pm

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

In a new interview, Geoff Johns expressed how he has an idea for a Larfleeze Christmas Special.

If he were to do it, I would hunt that man down and give him oral sex right then and there. That is just brilliant.

328Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:29 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am becoming such a big Barry Allen fan thanks to this book. He's now giving Wally a run for my favorite Flash. I can only imagine what Johns has in store for The Flash (the book).

I pretty much never buy toys, but I'd LOVE a Blue Lantern Flash figure.

329Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:15 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

does anyone have a pic of blue lantern barry allen? man i can't wait to read it next week

330Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:30 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shiky800 wrote:does anyone have a pic of blue lantern barry allen? man i can't wait to read it next week

Blackest Night - Page 14 288y4up

Smile

331Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:32 pm

shiky800

shiky800
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:
shiky800 wrote:does anyone have a pic of blue lantern barry allen? man i can't wait to read it next week

Blackest Night - Page 14 288y4up

Smile
awesome. i should make a custom figure of that

332Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes you should.

you think dc direct will be smart and release all of these as line 6 or 7?

333Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:36 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The end was a very cool "geek-out" moment. It was somewhat obvious Barry would become a Blue Lantern at some point during Blackest Night, but Lex becoming an Orange Lantern was a big surprise and very badass. I knew there was a reason for those random brief scenes with Lex and Scarecrow earlier in the series. All the new Lantern picks were pretty cool...except Mera as the Red Lantern IMO. I know Johns is trying to push her but I think it should have been someone in the DCU known for rage or something.

And I wonder if this development will play a major part in what happens as BN wraps up or if it was just a cool moment. The cliffhanger ending from #5 with the resurrected/living heroes becoming Black Lanterns was kinda ignored for the most part this issue, or at least it wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be. So I wonder what this new Color Corps Calvary will do next issue. The issue overall didn't really move the plot forward much concerning Nekron and his plans so the final two issues have a ton of stuff to cover. Should be crazy!

334Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:53 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I don't really think the resurrected heroes becoming Black Lanterns was ignored. They talk about it and are attacked by them. I don't know what else you'd expect to happen. It seems logical that after they were created they'd attack the heroes.

I forgot to mention a couple things. First, I LOVE the cover to issue #6. It's honestly one of my favorite covers of all time. Second, Flash outrunning the black rings was awesome.

335Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^ I don't really think the resurrected heroes becoming Black Lanterns was ignored. They talk about it and are attacked by them. I don't know what else you'd expect to happen. It seems logical that after they were created they'd attack the heroes.
I thought they would serve more of a purpose in Nekron's main plans, which they didn't. Nekron turned them then just left the scene. They seemed like they would be more important than your standard Black Lantern but apparently not. At least for now.

Batman25JM wrote:I forgot to mention a couple things. First, I LOVE the cover to issue #6. It's honestly one of my favorite covers of all time. Second, Flash outrunning the black rings was awesome.
Yeah that cover is freaking gorgeous.

336Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone else looking forward to the "Black Hand Unleashed" caption at the end? Since that awesome issue (GL #43) focusing on Black Hand, he hasn't really done much throughout Blackest Night...other than tongue "Bruce Wayne's" skull. gross

337Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:^ I don't really think the resurrected heroes becoming Black Lanterns was ignored. They talk about it and are attacked by them. I don't know what else you'd expect to happen. It seems logical that after they were created they'd attack the heroes.
I thought they would serve more of a purpose in Nekron's main plans, which they didn't. Nekron turned them then just left the scene. They seemed like they would be more important than your standard Black Lantern but apparently not. At least for now.

Yeah, I have a feeling that we'll see them serve more of a purpose in the next couple issues. I mean, Nekron wasn't even dealt with in this issue. This issue was more about the Lantern Corps. getting ready to mount an offensive.

338Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:59 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I thought BN #6 was good fun. Not much else to say really other than it looked great too with excellent art from Reis.

Probably only criticism is that Johns has really been hitting us over the head with the Ray Palmer is compassionate idea over the last few issues to set this up. Not a fan of telegraphing things like that.

Bigtymin504 wrote:The end was a very cool "geek-out" moment. It was somewhat obvious Barry would become a Blue Lantern at some point during Blackest Night, but Lex becoming an Orange Lantern was a big surprise and very badass. I knew there was a reason for those random brief scenes with Lex and Scarecrow earlier in the series. All the new Lantern picks were pretty cool...except Mera as the Red Lantern IMO. I know Johns is trying to push her but I think it should have been someone in the DCU known for rage or something.
Didn't see Lex coming either and I liked the "You want it all" as he was selected.

Interesting you mention Mera as she has certainly had a surprisingly prominent role in this book so far. I guess picking her for rage is that right at this moment she's absolutely full of rage and it kind of gels with where she's at right now emotionally. And when you think about it that makes sense for rage - it's a sort of spur of the moment emotion.

339Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:43 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:Well I thought BN #6 was good fun. Not much else to say really other than it looked great too with excellent art from Reis.

Probably only criticism is that Johns has really been hitting us over the head with the Ray Palmer is compassionate idea over the last few issues to set this up. Not a fan of telegraphing things like that.

Bigtymin504 wrote:The end was a very cool "geek-out" moment. It was somewhat obvious Barry would become a Blue Lantern at some point during Blackest Night, but Lex becoming an Orange Lantern was a big surprise and very badass. I knew there was a reason for those random brief scenes with Lex and Scarecrow earlier in the series. All the new Lantern picks were pretty cool...except Mera as the Red Lantern IMO. I know Johns is trying to push her but I think it should have been someone in the DCU known for rage or something.
Didn't see Lex coming either and I liked the "You want it all" as he was selected.

Interesting you mention Mera as she has certainly had a surprisingly prominent role in this book so far. I guess picking her for rage is that right at this moment she's absolutely full of rage and it kind of gels with where she's at right now emotionally. And when you think about it that makes sense for rage - it's a sort of spur of the moment emotion.

I...didn't like Mera being recruited into the Red Lanterns. In my opinion, Diana was a better candidate, being a warrior in her heart and prone to battle fury. Mera was a better candidate for the Star Sapphires, as her love for Arthur is eternal...and lost, which is something that has been established as being criteria for induction into the Sapphires. (It would also have been interesting to see the Atom as a Sapphire.)

I thought everyone else was dead-on, however. All in all, a fantastic issue. It was interesting to see the various welcomes into the various Corps.

340Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:43 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

superdoug wrote:(It would also have been interesting to see the Atom as a Sapphire.)
If only to see what his costume would look like. Suspect

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

341Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I...didn't like Mera being recruited into the Red Lanterns. In my opinion, Diana was a better candidate, being a warrior in her heart and prone to battle fury. Mera was a better candidate for the Star Sapphires, as her love for Arthur is eternal...and lost, which is something that has been established as being criteria for induction into the Sapphires. (It would also have been interesting to see the Atom as a Sapphire.)

I thought everyone else was dead-on, however. All in all, a fantastic issue. It was interesting to see the various welcomes into the various Corps.

At first I thought the same thing about Wonder Woman when they kept showing Diana as exclusively violet/love in Blackest Night: Wonder Woman...like just because she's a woman they were lumping her in with the "girly" emotion, even though she's a warrior. But I think Johns justified it well enough this issue with the comment about her "loving" Earth more than anyone on the planet. That made sense to me based on Diana's connections to Earth and Gaea.

Mera I just find uninteresting, so her becoming the Red Lantern was blah for me.

342Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:34 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
I...didn't like Mera being recruited into the Red Lanterns. In my opinion, Diana was a better candidate, being a warrior in her heart and prone to battle fury. Mera was a better candidate for the Star Sapphires, as her love for Arthur is eternal...and lost, which is something that has been established as being criteria for induction into the Sapphires. (It would also have been interesting to see the Atom as a Sapphire.)

Bigtymin504 wrote:
At first I thought the same thing about Wonder Woman when they kept showing Diana as exclusively violet/love in Blackest Night: Wonder Woman...like just because she's a woman they were lumping her in with the "girly" emotion, even though she's a warrior. But I think Johns justified it well enough this issue with the comment about her "loving" Earth more than anyone on the planet. That made sense to me based on Diana's connections to Earth and Gaea.

Mera I just find uninteresting, so her becoming the Red Lantern was blah for me.
The thing is, as I was saying before, everyone who has been recruited into the Red Lanterns so far has been in the middle of a bit of a meltdown when they were (eg. Hal, Guy). Someone who is prone to fury/rage now and then is a potential candidate but only if at that time they are losing it. Just because Wonder Woman is prone to battle fury at times doesn't necessarily make her a logical Red Lantern.

However, I definitely do see the point about Mera being a potential Star Sapphire. It's interesting that the Red Lanterns are probably the only ones that represent a strong emotion at a particular time where the others are more representative of someone's overall character. That's my view anyway.

343Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I like the choices for the different Corps. I am interested to see what will happen next and I loved Ganthet inducting himself into the Green Lantern Corps. That was just so awesome.

344Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night #7 "top secret" covers revealed:

(Rodolfo Migliari variant)
Blackest Night - Page 14 Bn_7_revised

I'll "spoiler" the main Reis cover cuz people still may not have read #6 (we saw this art at the end too)
Spoiler:

^Is it just me or is Flash making a jerk off motion? Laughing

345Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

BN #6

I'm way late on this--yeah my LCS didn't get it 'til today either--so I'll just say: awesome again!

4/5 Black Rings

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

346Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:25 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Blackest Night #7 "top secret" covers revealed:

(Rodolfo Migliari variant)
Blackest Night - Page 14 Bn_7_revised

I'll "spoiler" the main Reis cover cuz people still may not have read #6 (we saw this art at the end too)
Spoiler:

^Is it just me or is Flash making a jerk off motion? Laughing

Laughing He does appear to be.

I don't care for the variant, but I LOVE the main cover.

I want to say again just how much I absolutely LOVED the cover for issue #6. I want a poster of that ASAP!

347Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

Really liked BL #6, except for the cover.
I mean, it looked cool, but it seems like the cover for #7 is better suited for #6.

348Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tom wrote:Really liked BL #6, except for the cover.
I mean, it looked cool, but it seems like the cover for #7 is better suited for #6.

I wouldn't say that. First of all, it would completely spoil the issue. Also, what was set up in that final page of #6 leads to #7 and thus they are on the cover of it.

349Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
Tom wrote:Really liked BL #6, except for the cover.

I wouldn't say that. First of all, it would completely spoil the issue. Also, what was set up in that final page of #6 leads to #7 and thus they are on the cover of it.

Yeah. The running theme of the Blackest Night covers seem to be showcasing the last page cliffhanger from the previous issue.

Black Hand cliffhanger in #1 = Black Hand on cover #2.
Black Lantern Justice League cliffhanger in #2 = BLJLA cover #3
Hall of Justice criminals rise cliffhanger in #3 = HoJ criminals cover #4
Nekron rises cliffhanger in #4 = Nekron cover #5
Deputy Lanterns cliffhanger in #6 = Deputy Lanterns cover #7

I guess the cover to #6 kinda broke the trend with the "New Guardians" being on the cover after the cliffhanger of #5 was the living/ressurected heroes turning to BLs. This was probably because the "New Guardians" played such a big role in #5 trying to recreate the White Light. And I think I read somewhere that the cover to #6 was originally going to be an earlier cover but that was changed last minute.

350Blackest Night - Page 14 Empty Re: Blackest Night Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I'm not historically a "DC Guy", this series is absolutely fantastic. I'll actually be bummed when it ends, as this is the 1st DC Event I've read (serially) in a long while

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum