Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackest Night

+55
Sapphire Gypsy
Spazzy
JonSpangler
Jango Fett
Docblais
BlueMaxx
Peg leg Pete
TheBrownLantern
KingJoffers
The Chris Ward Experience
Heytherejeffro
comicgeekelly
Jherek
Tom
MillionDollarGeek
Bigtymin504
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
LOOSECANNON
LordD3r3k
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Batman25JM
Sandman
Aussiemandias
Combo Mo
prescribeddrone
blue halo
Spider_Fan14
Hannibal king
Chi-Town Spidey
The Ignored One
NorrinRadd
supervenom
potatojoe
TENIME_art
Debaser77
Administrator
Rath99
Sci-Fi
Joshua
Dr. Jonathan Crane
Esbat
krpykrwly
J Nova
Thundermatts
Mnemosis
DickGrayson007
superdoug
shiky800
jaydee74
Fresh03
shining knight
Metal Misfit
rwe1138
Janson
alucardbarnivous
59 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 23 of 26]

551Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:06 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:Indeed. I kept on asking myself why art on other books couldn't look this great. This and Tony Daniel's work have been solid as of late. The way Flash was drawn was superb.

Especially in that last issue of GLC where they used the Star Trek idea to create that giant net. I don't do this often, but I actually stopped reading it and told my girlfriend she had to see that panel (as she is an art fan herself)

Last edited by LordD3r3k on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm too lazy to spellcheck before I post)

552Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I gotta say, I love the coloring that was done through all the GL books. Everything just looked so vibrant. It was a brilliant stroke to keep a dark theme throughout, (not just to fit the mood), but to really make the colors of the Corps pop. Then again, the art on GL has been amazing for quite some time now

Completely agree. I've often found myself just staring at a page for minutes on end because the colors are so vibrant. I LOVE it.

553Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:13 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Completely agree. I've often found myself just staring at a page for minutes on end because the colors are so vibrant. I LOVE it.

I remember a scene during SCW where Hal and Sinestro are chasing each other through the cosmos. It was a simple concept, just a streak of green and yellow twisting around each other zooming between planets, but it was absolutely beautiful.

554Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey you know what I just realized while looking at that splash page of heroes? J’ONN HAS PANTS! It’s about time buddy

555Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Hey you know what I just realized while looking at that splash page of heroes? J’ONN HAS PANTS! It’s about time buddy

Yeah, I noticed that. I much prefer the new look to the classic and to the look he had prior to his death).

556Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:

Demonweasel wrote:2) Yeah, they suddenly show off that Loki is one the pulling the strings and have Osborn decide to attack Asgard mere seconds after it returns from Latveria, and have it happen in a way that's a shameless retread of one of their earlier events. I find it hard to believe that Marvel didn't step up their timetable for Siege by a couple of months when they saw how strong Blackest Night started.
I'm sorry but that's utter nonsense. Marvel organized a huge event showcasing Norman's downfall (something they had been hinting at since he took power) and restructured their entire Avengers line and basically Universe all because of the start of Blackest Night? That's just silly to think that. These companies don't operate like that. They have rough outlines of their stories planned over a year in advance. Small details may change but the general direction is planned WELL in advance.

No, I said "stepped up their timetable." As in, "hey, let's move to the end of this story that we've been planning a little faster than were going to, because people are tired of the event stuff and Blackest Night seems to be doing very well." I'm obviously acknowledging that Siege was planned in advance and part of their master plan & publishing schedule.

I'm very aware of how comic book publishing works, thanks.

http://www.demonweasel.com

557Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, no one has mentioned that fact that Jade's back but Kyle is hooking up with Natu! I sense a cat fight! Very Happy

558Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:Hey, no one has mentioned that fact that Jade's back but Kyle is hooking up with Natu! I sense a cat fight! Very Happy

That is going to lead to some cool stories.

559Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:2) Yeah, they suddenly show off that Loki is one the pulling the strings and have Osborn decide to attack Asgard mere seconds after it returns from Latveria, and have it happen in a way that's a shameless retread of one of their earlier events. I find it hard to believe that Marvel didn't step up their timetable for Siege by a couple of months when they saw how strong Blackest Night started.
I'm sorry but that's utter nonsense. Marvel organized a huge event showcasing Norman's downfall (something they had been hinting at since he took power) and restructured their entire Avengers line and basically Universe all because of the start of Blackest Night? That's just silly to think that. These companies don't operate like that. They have rough outlines of their stories planned over a year in advance. Small details may change but the general direction is planned WELL in advance.

No, I said "stepped up their timetable." As in, "hey, let's move to the end of this story that we've been planning a little faster than were going to, because people are tired of the event stuff and Blackest Night seems to be doing very well." I'm obviously acknowledging that Siege was planned in advance and part of their master plan & publishing schedule.

I'm very aware of how comic book publishing works, thanks.

I still think it makes no sense to think Marvel would make such a huge change like that on a whim. I doubt a move like that is even feasible since it would involve moving up so many different books. Plus there's simply no evidence for it. Not to mention, I don't see how that move would even benefit them.

LordD3r3k wrote:I gotta say, I love the coloring that was done through all the GL books. Everything just looked so vibrant. It was a brilliant stroke to keep a dark theme throughout, (not just to fit the mood), but to really make the colors of the Corps pop. Then again, the art on GL has been amazing for quite some time now

Yeah the coloring was fantastic, and had to be considering colors were so important to this story. I dunno who the colorist was but he/she is one of my new favorites along with Laura Martin from Astonishing X-Men, Thor, Secret Invasion.

560Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:32 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:

after seeing this and thinking about it for awhile I have come up with this: keep in mind I do not really know all of Nekrons story...

No one know ANYTHING about the Indigo tribe. where they came from what they do or HOW LONG they have been around! since the majority of the other "lights" have been fairly new it is easy to assume they are too. but what if they have been around for almost as long as the green lanterns? just doing thier own thing and not bringing attention to themselves. and Nekron was one of them? think about his level of compassion may be to just kill everyone so that they do not suffer any more and he went rouge from the tribe. and they took Hand to try and rectify that mistake

561Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:34 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:I've always wondered about this but now, I'm really wondering:

Spoiler:

after seeing this and thinking about it for awhile I have come up with this: keep in mind I do not really know all of Nekrons story...

No one know ANYTHING about the Indigo tribe. where they came from what they do or HOW LONG they have been around! since the majority of the other "lights" have been fairly new it is easy to assume they are too. but what if they have been around for almost as long as the green lanterns? just doing thier own thing and not bringing attention to themselves. and Nekron was one of them? think about his level of compassion may be to just kill everyone so that they do not suffer any more and he went rouge from the tribe. and they took Hand to try and rectify that mistake

That's a pretty good theory. In fact, I kind of like that idea. It might be art of the reason why the Indigo tribe took the initiative to fix this problem and seemed to have a good handle on how to rectify it (for the most part).

562Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:37 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:Hey, no one has mentioned that fact that Jade's back but Kyle is hooking up with Natu! I sense a cat fight! Very Happy

That is going to lead to some cool stories.

That was what I was mainly excited about!! I was so sad when she died.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

563Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:18 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Sandman wrote:

Spoiler:

I LOVE it!

It could also explain why he resurrected some of the characters. Again, out of compassion. Ooooh.

But, I don't think so.

My impression of everything is that Nekron is the equivalent of the Entity, Parallax, Ion, etc... Nekron is the embodiment of the Black. ::shrugs:: Time will tell.

564Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:25 am

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Why wasn't Ted brought back?

565Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:27 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Why wasn't Ted brought back?

That my friend.. is a good fucking question...

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

566Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:31 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:No one know ANYTHING about the Indigo tribe. where they came from what they do or HOW LONG they have been around! since the majority of the other "lights" have been fairly new it is easy to assume they are too. but what if they have been around for almost as long as the green lanterns? just doing thier own thing and not bringing attention to themselves. and Nekron was one of them? think about his level of compassion may be to just kill everyone so that they do not suffer any more and he went rouge from the tribe. and they took Hand to try and rectify that mistake

Well...that's a good theory. However, it can really only apply to the Indigo and Orange Lanterns. We saw that the Guardians hid the Orange Light back in the early days of the Universe, and when Larfleeze found it, they let him keep it on the condition that he never leave that sector of space (and no one would enter it in return). The Star Sapphires were using the Violet Light (the Predator) as the symbol of their Zamaron Queen shortly after they split with the Guardians and left for Zamaron. I fully believe that's what would possess Carol Ferris early in her 'career', and why it seemed to change her personality so greatly, like Hal with Parallax. It was only after they realized the Blackest Night was about to start that they opened up the Star Sapphire Corps.

We saw the Blue, Black, Yellow, and Red Corps form in the pages of Green Lantern. It's really only the Indigo tribe that we don't know anything about. It's likely that they have been around for millenia like the Guardians, but generally stay so far out in the universe that the Guardians more or less ignored their presence.

567Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:26 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Blackest Night 8 Review: Damn good issue. 5 out of 5. Looking forward to Brightest Day.

568Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Sandman wrote:No one know ANYTHING about the Indigo tribe. where they came from what they do or HOW LONG they have been around! since the majority of the other "lights" have been fairly new it is easy to assume they are too. but what if they have been around for almost as long as the green lanterns? just doing thier own thing and not bringing attention to themselves. and Nekron was one of them? think about his level of compassion may be to just kill everyone so that they do not suffer any more and he went rouge from the tribe. and they took Hand to try and rectify that mistake

Well...that's a good theory. However, it can really only apply to the Indigo and Orange Lanterns. We saw that the Guardians hid the Orange Light back in the early days of the Universe, and when Larfleeze found it, they let him keep it on the condition that he never leave that sector of space (and no one would enter it in return). The Star Sapphires were using the Violet Light (the Predator) as the symbol of their Zamaron Queen shortly after they split with the Guardians and left for Zamaron. I fully believe that's what would possess Carol Ferris early in her 'career', and why it seemed to change her personality so greatly, like Hal with Parallax. It was only after they realized the Blackest Night was about to start that they opened up the Star Sapphire Corps.

We saw the Blue, Black, Yellow, and Red Corps form in the pages of Green Lantern. It's really only the Indigo tribe that we don't know anything about. It's likely that they have been around for millenia like the Guardians, but generally stay so far out in the universe that the Guardians more or less ignored their presence.

For the Indigo Tribe, we also have to remember their link to Abin Sur. He could have established them awhile back when everyone else kept ignoring his talk of the prophecy. They seem like a cult in many ways.

569Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:24 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:For the Indigo Tribe, we also have to remember their link to Abin Sur. He could have established them awhile back when everyone else kept ignoring his talk of the prophecy. They seem like a cult in many ways.

I think it's the other way around. I think that Abin Sur encountered the Indigo Tribe (maybe Indigo-1) and they told him about the Blackest Night prophecy because they had some sort of revelation that Abin Sur would be the one to start things in motion. Thus, his fixation on the prophecy began, and may be why he was trying to keep Atrocitus from Earth (and Hand, and the Entity).

570Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:For the Indigo Tribe, we also have to remember their link to Abin Sur. He could have established them awhile back when everyone else kept ignoring his talk of the prophecy. They seem like a cult in many ways.

I think it's the other way around. I think that Abin Sur encountered the Indigo Tribe (maybe Indigo-1) and they told him about the Blackest Night prophecy because they had some sort of revelation that Abin Sur would be the one to start things in motion. Thus, his fixation on the prophecy began, and may be why he was trying to keep Atrocitus from Earth (and Hand, and the Entity).

That's possible too. But the main reason why I thought the other way around is because Indigo-1 referred to Abin Sur as her "savior" or something. Plus, his name is in their oath. So it seems to me like he's kind of like a prophet of theirs.

571Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:42 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:Why wasn't Ted brought back?

See: Brightest Day.

572Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
superdoug wrote:

That's possible too. But the main reason why I thought the other way around is because Indigo-1 referred to Abin Sur as her "savior" or something. Plus, his name is in their oath. So it seems to me like he's kind of like a prophet of theirs.

I'm with Doug on this, with Sur having encountered as opposed to founding them. Kyle is often regarded as the "torchbearer" and put on such a pedastal for being Ion (when he was Ion), when, at most, he was instrumental in re-starting the corps as opposed to completely founding it. At best, Sur may have restarted the Indigo, but why he would go back to being a GL makes little sense to me. At most, I can see him as instrumental in some fashion, but not in founding them.

573Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:10 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I might be making this up, but in her early appearance doesn't Indigo-1 say that Sur brought them together?

574Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I might be making this up, but in her early appearance doesn't Indigo-1 say that Sur brought them together?

Not sure. I'd have to see it to believe it. Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them? Suspect

So many questions! Back to the chalkboard!

Blackest Night - Page 23 415743-Chalkboard_large

575Blackest Night - Page 23 Empty Re: Blackest Night Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:I might be making this up, but in her early appearance doesn't Indigo-1 say that Sur brought them together?

Not sure. I'd have to see it to believe it. Then there's the whole how "trustworthy" is she to know the full history of the Indigo tribe. This would make the Indigio tribe one of the newer groups. If it turns out that Sur made them, then why did he do so? And why did he not join them? Suspect

So many questions! Back to the chalkboard!

Blackest Night - Page 23 415743-Chalkboard_large
She says this in the GL issue that is officially needed to be read before BN #5, Doc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 23 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum