Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

love on the internet is it possible?

+29
Spazzy
Demonweasel
(._Y_.)
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
superdoug
Sandman
boberthavok
WonderWoman2.0
Captain Painway
goatt
Ska
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
colossus1979
prescribeddrone
Paroxysm
potatojoe
Foxy
Denim
C's Lady
jaydee74
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 12:34 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:
Also... it's your fault I'm here... so really you have no one to blame but yourself. Very Happy

Awww! I thought I helped!

*kicks rock*

152love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 12:39 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well yeah but if we want to get technical Abby started it all.... so I blame all of you equally.

There you have it folks, anything you were gonna give/do to Tad in appreciation must now be shared. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

153love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have really got quit clicking on links.

154love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Who the fuck is Abby!? Laughing

155love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 12:56 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FGoTM from the Wolfpack. Halo freak? Ringing any bells?

156love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 1:21 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

YES! Ha! I wish she would join us on the forums.

Thanks for the memory jog!

157love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 1:27 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:I have really got quit clicking on links.
This is why I always hover my cursor over the link before clicking.

158love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

That's what she said.

159love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 21, 2010 1:58 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm also going to take credit for pulling this thread away from the Dark Side.

Wow, Jared is right. I *am* The Man.

http://www.demonweasel.com

160love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 12:46 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Sarcasticclap
This is still happening?
love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Loathing4

Truth about cyber-romance. Unless you actualize yourself to that person and them to you, it'll only ever be fantasy-fullfillment for one or both of you. To grab ahold of a piece(s) of someone and make it seem their whole is ridiculous. The feelings had are only of the desire of your perception towards the person you're interacting with by what the other person is typing/saying, and which they may not actually be feeling. At least as much as you are. Sure, they could be feeling the same way, but they both couldn't truly know that unless they've both actually made tangible contact/presence with one another over a matter of time to show they need you in their life and vice versa. Creating loyalty and trust can't be done over the internet. You don't know where they are, who exactly they are...that's not a relationship. Intimacy means "to know." And that's not knowing. Sure, after meeting someone, and sharing all that you shared, making it true, would seem like, yes, you loved someone over the internet, when at the time, you really didn't know them.

Here's the list of stories. Some end wonderfully, with having met their partner in real life and even getting married, and some are pretty saddening, and/or stuck in the realm of going nowhere.
http://www.cyberlove101.com/

Like I said, there's nothing bad in all of this. Chatting with people about anything, talking on the phone, etc. Laughter, shared thoughts, that's real, but saying you've connected to someone (further than just the sharing of thoughts) and consider them your best friend or lover without actualizing in real life...it is a form of delusionment. If it is used as a form of working your way up to get to know someone, then that's perfectly reasonable. As is getting to know someone anywhere before actually solidifying deep emotion.

But when the computer goes off, the clock strikes midnight, the horses becomes mice, the carriage becomes a pumpkin, the magic, the ideal of that person, becomes "trapped" in the web. But the glass slipper is still there, though, and could very well fit and bring what was back again. But how would you know unless you put it on their foot, actualizing that person as true, and not just glamourizing that person in your head by the fragments of them that are great that you've made as their whole being.

As for my "arguing," sure it is an argument in the sense of debate, as much as stubborness fighting logic and reason. But I'm honestly not having a yell-fest. Just giving explanation and defending myself against words that I'm an emotionless, superficial person, yet paradoxically giving vehement statements? Which goes back to perception: I, attacking no one's character on these boards, have all of the sudden been hit with statements about my own character as if the person knew who I was. Delusions of perception. Mincing my words to say I said you can't find someone was not what I was saying. Ever.

161love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 1:36 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Sarcasticclap
This is still happening?

The last post was from Friday. You fished this out of page 2. It stopped happening long time ago dude. I forgot about this thread until now. Rolling Eyes

162love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

this thread will never die!

163love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 3:45 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

This is still happening?

Truth about cyber-romance. Unless you actualize yourself to that person and them to you, it'll only ever be fantasy-fullfillment for one or both of you. To grab ahold of a piece(s) of someone and make it seem their whole is ridiculous. The feelings had are only of the desire of your perception towards the person you're interacting with by what the other person is typing/saying, and which they may not actually be feeling. At least as much as you are. Sure, they could be feeling the same way, but they both couldn't truly know that unless they've both actually made tangible contact/presence with one another over a matter of time to show they need you in their life and vice versa. Creating loyalty and trust can't be done over the internet. You don't know where they are, who exactly they are...that's not a relationship. Intimacy means "to know." And that's not knowing. Sure, after meeting someone, and sharing all that you shared, making it true, would seem like, yes, you loved someone over the internet, when at the time, you really didn't know them.

Here's the list of stories. Some end wonderfully, with having met their partner in real life and even getting married, and some are pretty saddening, and/or stuck in the realm of going nowhere.

Like I said, there's nothing bad in all of this. Chatting with people about anything, talking on the phone, etc. Laughter, shared thoughts, that's real, but saying you've connected to someone (further than just the sharing of thoughts) and consider them your best friend or lover without actualizing in real life...it is a form of delusionment. If it is used as a form of working your way up to get to know someone, then that's perfectly reasonable. As is getting to know someone anywhere before actually solidifying deep emotion.

But when the computer goes off, the clock strikes midnight, the horses becomes mice, the carriage becomes a pumpkin, the magic, the ideal of that person, becomes "trapped" in the web. But the glass slipper is still there, though, and could very well fit and bring what was back again. But how would you know unless you put it on their foot, actualizing that person as true, and not just glamourizing that person in your head by the fragments of them that are great that you've made as their whole being.

As for my "arguing," sure it is an argument in the sense of debate, as much as stubborness fighting logic and reason. But I'm honestly not having a yell-fest. Just giving explanation and defending myself against words that I'm an emotionless, superficial person, yet paradoxically giving vehement statements? Which goes back to perception: I, attacking no one's character on these boards, have all of the sudden been hit with statements about my own character as if the person knew who I was. Delusions of perception. Mincing my words to say I said you can't find someone was not what I was saying. Ever.

TL:DR

164love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 3:51 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
This is still happening?

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Alltha10

Fix'd, with pictures. Laughing

165love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 4:12 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is still happening?

I've been lied to in relationships more in person than I ever have been on-line. I lived with a woman who lied about having a job, to the extent of taking the car out and driving it around so the mileage would be up and the car parked differently. She created elaborate fantasies about where she worked, why I couldn't call her there and who she worked with and ended up stealing from our roommate and depositing that money in the bank account as her "paycheck." She lied to my face for months as I tried to figure out why I was so broke, not knowing that the check she wrote me to pay back money she loaned me bounced and she intercepted the letter from my bank telling me that.

The truth is, no matter what or where or how you meet or interact with someone, you will never *really* know that person. You have to have faith and trust in that person, and that occurs through interactions and actions you have with that person, and those interactions are just as valid when they are on-line or in a chat or on the phone, because you are still interacting with that person even though it's not face to face. You are, no matter what you may feel about that interaction Blue.

In some crazy way this seems like it's mirroring arguments against gay marriage from the people that say marriage is defined as man and woman and that definition is binding and can never be changed. I'm not saying you feel that way, obviously, but I think that you need to realize that when you say things like the passage I bolded it comes off as belittling and offense to those of us that have experienced a real connection with someone on-line and across distance. That may not be your intent, but that's why people are upset. You can't just turn that off when you feel attacked and offended, even when you know intellectually that you're not being attacked directly or specifically.

Another example: My daughter is autistic. When people around me make jokes or comments about autism or autistics, I get upset. I know that they probably don't know that's something in my life, I know that they're not talking about her specifically, jokes are just jokes and it's my own issue that I'm sensitive about, but when it happens, not matter who's making comments I want to punch them in the fucking throat. I don't get in an argument, I just walk away, excuse myself or change the subject. Some people aren't like that and when a perceived dismissive stance is taken on something that people are passionate about they're going to fight.

Again, that's probably not your intent, but it's pretty clear that people disagree with your stance and trying to re-hammer it home over and over isn't super-helpful. I don't know what would be other than agreeing to disagree with basically everyone else on the board and all of us just collectively letting go of it.

http://www.demonweasel.com

166love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Wed May 26, 2010 5:31 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is still happening?

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Walloftext

167love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Lewis Black is Sabertooth

Ninja
Ninja

*This Thread*
love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 1273012346878

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.moutrey

168love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i told you this thread would never die.

169love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Ninja
Ninja

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 1204194172189

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.moutrey

170love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yes. It is possible

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Dscf3915

You probably don't want to see this.
Spoiler:

171love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Yes. It is possible

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Dscf3915

yes thumbs up

172love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Kissing pictures are the best

I love you

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

173love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:53 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Go knize!
thumbs up

174love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:55 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

so adorable I think I threw up a little. Very Happy

I'm happy for you guys, she deserves someone who can appreciate her awesome "nerdy" side. Very Happy

175love on the internet is it possible? - Page 7 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah...I think I can handle that...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum