Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

love on the internet is it possible?

+29
Spazzy
Demonweasel
(._Y_.)
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
superdoug
Sandman
boberthavok
WonderWoman2.0
Captain Painway
goatt
Ska
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
colossus1979
prescribeddrone
Paroxysm
potatojoe
Foxy
Denim
C's Lady
jaydee74
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

26love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:47 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Dude...they're all nuts. You just have to find your right kind of crazy.

she was the wrong kinda crazy like the kind crazy where you wake up to find mr happy is missing cause you made her mad about something stupid.

and my the crazy girl did a similar thing to what ska and mem did we had a movie list of all the movies we'd like to see together. course if i saw on the movies on the list and told it never went over well.

27love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I meet a few girls but unfortunately out the 4 or 5, only 2 ended up liking me. One was about a year and few months long distance 2000 mile away girlfriend who's parent tried to restrict contact with me and she ended being a cheating slut and the other was like a 3 month
"friends" thing with some semi-crazy but cute Italian chick- I ended up making fun of Team Italy telling her I hope the other team wins (I don't watch sports so I didn't care who won) as a joke to test her and she flipped out.

But yeah, it's possible. Both people have to be equally committed and honest though.

28love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:49 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

exactly. and i will chime in by saying, i used to be one of the those "how the hell can you meet people on the computer and feel anything? they're not even real because you can't see them...blah blah blah...." then i met mrs. c.....and that changed......drastically. i thought "no way can a person have even a friendship with internet people." then i found the wizard boards, and by extension all of you.....then that changed. do i make conventions....no. do i consider you friends and tell people to check out the site and "wow take a look at what ______ said on here!" yes, all the time. frozen was the first person to ask me and mrs. c what the hell was going on, then like 5 more of you followed suit, then everyone who i figured would ask did ask...which is basically how friends behave anyways. and for the record, i love crystal....and what happened should not have happened....and will NEVER happen again....i wasdumb....i did a very dumb thing. but i know i need her more than i need the air i'm breathing right now....and that's never going to change. and if it takes the rest of my life i'll make it up to her. and whoever expected better of me, including myself.

Last edited by colossus1979 on Thu May 13, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

29love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:52 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

huh Platonic equals an affection for one another. Intimacy is more. And more than just fucking. Laughing Wink Not to be cornball.

30love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:55 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:huh Platonic equals an affection for one another. Intimacy is more. And more than just fucking. Laughing Wink Not to be cornball.

it starts inti platonic and turns intimacy.

31love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Sometimes, I just wanna fuck the internet.

And sometimes I do. cool

As for this thread, yeah, one can find love on the internet. I once dated a girl I met on the internet. She was quite nice. flower

32love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 10:58 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've never tried to find a girl on the internet but I've made some cool friends.

......that's you Pop!ulation Wink

33love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:huh Platonic equals an affection for one another. Intimacy is more. And more than just fucking. Laughing Wink Not to be cornball.

it starts inti platonic and turns intimacy.
Huh? Wink

But everyone who's found someone on the internet, like those who've stated, has met them, experienced them. They're expressiveness via manuerisms, emotions, and their thoughts shared up close and personal are why they're together. You can't reach intimacy or romantic mutuality without those key components of a person.

34love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Platonic equals non-sexual affection. Intimacy does not have to be face-to-face.

35love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:07 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Foxy wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:
not only that the net is all about inward beauty and not so much on the outward.
What internet are you using?

Have I mentioned how much I like you? hug

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

36love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:08 pm

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

Of course you can find love on the internet, just look at me and Knize!

37love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Silent K wrote:I mean, really...internet hookups have a stigma...but is there really a better way to meet someone that might be just right for you? Previously, the best ways to meet someone would be going to clubs/bars, the workplace, chance meetings, or through family and friends. With the internet, your options are limitless...you're not confined to the finite number of people within your immediate reach. Why should I go to a bar and hope that 1 out of the 100 females that are there is to my liking...and then pray to God that she'll talk to me, when instead, I can befriend someone on the internet that has similar interests, tastes, and who I connect well with, cultivate that relationship, and then go from there?

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Nothing-but-the-truth-main

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

38love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:
Huh? Wink

But everyone who's found someone on the internet, like those who've stated, has met them, experienced them. They're expressiveness via manuerisms, emotions, and their thoughts shared up close and personal are why they're together. You can't reach intimacy or romantic mutuality without those key components of a person.

You're wrong, and you continue to be wrong. I've experienced it personally, as have others on here. Eventually, meeting face-to-face happens, if all goes well, but to say the relationship is nothing but platonic, and neither romantic nor intimate until the in-person meeting occurs is wrong.

39love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

goatt wrote:Of course you can find love on the internet, just look at me and Knize!

That's right! In fact, we were worried our in-person meeting was going to ruin our romance! But it didn't.

anal+bj

Paroxysm wrote:
love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Nothing-but-the-truth-main

bow

40love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:11 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Silent K wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Huh? Wink

You're wrong, and you continue to be wrong. I've experienced it personally, as have others on here. Eventually, meeting face-to-face happens, if all goes well, but to say the relationship is nothing but platonic, and neither romantic nor intimate until the in-person meeting occurs is wrong.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 TheTruthIsThisDetail

41love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yer gonna give me a complex, P. Laughing

42love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

What you said is 100% true though.

43love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Platonic equals non-sexual affection. Intimacy does not have to be face-to-face.

Platonic is considered as the basis for all mutual relationships. Friend, family, even lovers. Doesn't necessarily mean that someone doesn't find someone attractive while under this type of love. It stands for a shared understanding between two people. Or more.

Intimacy...say you've been chatting with someone over the internet or over the phone for a long time. You have deep conversations, have some laughs, even get naughty...do you really know this person? You can't have intimacy until your life has experienced his/her life first-hand. And vice versa.

44love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:20 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Silent K wrote:Platonic equals non-sexual affection. Intimacy does not have to be face-to-face.

Platonic is considered as the basis for all mutual relationships. Friend, family, even lovers. Doesn't necessarily mean that someone doesn't find someone attractive while under this type of love. It stands for a shared understanding between two people. Or more.

Intimacy...say you've been chatting with someone over the internet or over the phone for a long time. You have deep conversations, have some laughs, even get naughty...do you really know this person? You can't have intimacy until your life has experienced his/her life first-hand. And vice versa.

that's where the meeting is there for.

Oh thanks Ska no love for me i see.

45love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:

Main Entry: pla·ton·ic
Pronunciation: \plə-ˈtä-nik, plā-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin platonicus, from Greek platōnikos, from Platōn Plato
Date: 1533

1 capitalized : of, relating to, or characteristic of Plato or Platonism
2 a : relating to or based on platonic love; also : experiencing or professing platonic love b : of, relating to, or being a relationship marked by the absence of romance or sex

Stop telling me what I can and cannot do. I've DONE what you've said I can't do. How much do you really know a person anyhow, even one that you meet in person? You're wrong. End of story. You can repeat the same argument in as many different ways as you'd like, misrepresenting the word platonic and completely missing the point of the word intimacy. I've been there. Apparently, you haven't. Maybe you should broaden your horizons, and learn first-hand that you don't have to touch skin-to-skin to be intimate with someone, or even to fall in love.

46love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:27 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:

Main Entry: pla·ton·ic
Pronunciation: \plə-ˈtä-nik, plā-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin platonicus, from Greek platōnikos, from Platōn Plato
Date: 1533

1 capitalized : of, relating to, or characteristic of Plato or Platonism
2 a : relating to or based on platonic love; also : experiencing or professing platonic love b : of, relating to, or being a relationship marked by the absence of romance or sex

Stop telling me what I can and cannot do. I've DONE what you've said I can't do. How much do you really know a person anyhow, even one that you meet in person? You're wrong. End of story. You can repeat the same argument in as many different ways as you'd like, misrepresenting the word platonic and completely missing the point of the word intimacy. I've been there. Apparently, you haven't. Maybe you should broaden your horizons, and learn first-hand that you don't have to touch skin-to-skin to be intimate with someone, or even to fall in love.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 128680769889318844

47love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:30 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Laughing

I love you

48love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

But that definition isn't complete. It just states platonic as if it soley for non-sexual relationships. And that's not the definition. Course, you got it off the internet. The philosophical term implies spiritual connections, trancending sexuality. And I even said intimacy wasn't "skin-to-skin". You responded to that very thing.

I'm not going to deny what you felt was real. How would I know? But the definition of intimacy is a close personal relationship to where the partners in question need one another in their lives, they've built each others' lives together. Long distance is impossible to keep up. I'm not spouting opinion, these are the concepts' definitions, what they stand for. If you felt that, good for you. Again, wasn't denying your feelings, Knize.

49love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

orly?!

50love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:But that definition isn't complete. It just states platonic as if it soley for non-sexual relationships. And that's not the definition. Course, you got it off the internet. The philosophical term implies spiritual connections, trancending sexuality. And I even said intimacy wasn't "skin-to-skin". You responded to that very thing.

If that is not the definition, then what is? Provide one from a reputable source then, you have issues with this definition.

As for the philosophical term, how can one not get such things from an online relationship?

BlueMaxx wrote:
I'm not going to deny what you felt was real. How would I know? But the definition of intimacy is a close personal relationship to where the partners in question need one another in their lives, they've built each others' lives together. Long distance is impossible to keep up. I'm not spouting opinion, these are the concepts' definitions, what they stand for. If you felt that, good for you. Again, wasn't denying your feelings, Knize.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 2 Facts-10

It's one thing for someone to say they have experienced something, and a whole other thing to say that it can't happen when there are examples, more than one in this thread, where the contrary is true.

Personally, I see you saying "such and such can't happen" when there are obvious accounts of the contrary on this very thread, let alone other places.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum