Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

love on the internet is it possible?

+29
Spazzy
Demonweasel
(._Y_.)
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
superdoug
Sandman
boberthavok
WonderWoman2.0
Captain Painway
goatt
Ska
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
colossus1979
prescribeddrone
Paroxysm
potatojoe
Foxy
Denim
C's Lady
jaydee74
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

76love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:34 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

amen, isn't love more than touching anyway? i could buy flowers, rings, and damn presents all day. i could SAY "i love you." and not mean it...there's more to it. i know i love mrs.c, because my heart almost stopped when she looked at me broken hearted, and said "you've ruined everything!" i swear to god i could't even SEE a future for myself. at that moment, my lungs seized, my knees weakened, i was more scared of her leaving me than i was of bleeding to death. it doesn't matter how you START, it matters how you feel. i can't sleep, i can't eat, i'm a goddamn wreck. but i know without a shadow of a doubt.....she is my soulmate, and i will NEVER hurt her again.

77love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

See, that's what I stated about romance and being intimate. It isn't fucking or even touching, but being in that person's presence, experiencing life with them. I'd personally feel fake if it was entirely over the internet, having never actually been around that person. But that's just me.

As a hypothetical, does anyone think that they could reach the point of marrying someone without ever having phsyically met them?

78love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
As a hypothetical, does anyone think that they could reach the point of marrying someone without ever having phsyically met them?

I personally could not. I am a firm beliver of living with someone before marriage. If I am gonna spend the rest of my life with them I want to make sure that the living habits are compatible.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

79love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:44 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ See. There's a measure of making sure pure personalities won't clash or something. Let alone, if that person is living well. Are they addicted to something, are they a gambler, do they have a disorder you should know about...things that can't be told over the nets. You have to form something tangible before things can grow. Like people who meet from dating sites and things.

80love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:49 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ See. There's a measure of making sure pure personalities won't clash or something. Let alone, if that person is living well. Are they addicted to something, are they a gambler, do they have a disorder you should know about...things that can't be told over the nets. You have to form something tangible before things can grow. Like people who meet from dating sites and things.

Actully not really personalites involved in my decision to do that, more like habits, not addictions. I have talked enough to my friend online to know her addictions and what they are (WoW),

Things I am talking about are, does she pick up after herself, help out with the dishwashing, toilet seat up or down, that kind of stuff. Nothing that will make me say no to marriage, but things that can be met and discussed before marriage.

81love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 am

WonderWoman2.0

WonderWoman2.0
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Let me start by saying that is a pretty interesting dichotomy. On one hand, we tell each other all the time when we have arguments online that you shouldn't let it bother you, AFTER ALL, it's just the internet. So what if someone makes fun of you, is too critical of you, etc? It's the internet, and those people don't REALLY matter (even though there will always be people who will take these things personally).

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Duty_c10

On the other hand, we get into relationships online and get ourselves pretty deeply involved with them. As for me, I do think it's possible to love someone on the internet. I've just not had the best run with them. So far I've really only had two notable ones. One was when I was teenager with a guy I met online from Manchester. We wrote letters, talked on the phone, talked online, and I thought we might have had a chance (I was also 16 and very, very stupid) and one day I called him to find out I was interrupting him with his new girlfriend. oops. The second was a little more meaningful.

A classmate of mine at my transfer school set me up with a guy who was in the Army, stationed out in Georgia, and we started talking online, then on the phone, and we had the chance to see each other a few times irl. I was really close to him, and he said the same. He seemed to be very open with me because he told me a lot about himself and didn't hide the fact that he had been married once. (He married his high school sweetheart right out of school because he was going into the army...rather typical.) They divorced (or so he told me) when she cheated on him. Well, long story short, we found out the guy his ex had left him for had left her, and now she was talking to him again. He assured me nothing was the matter, but then started acting weird, and I wasn't an idiot, but still he kept saying don't worry, don't worry, you're my girl blah blah. Basically at 4 in the afternoon he sent me a text saying something along the lines of "hey gorgeous, I wish I could be there to hold your hand etc" and then two hours later I got one saying "My ex wants me back and I can't resist it." Turns out it he was actually still married to her and that she was still living in his house in Colorado.

...yeah. Needless to say I was surprised. So I guess while I'm not opposed to internet relationships, I've yet to have one that actually worked out. And I've yet to see very many that actually last. Again, that's just from what I've seen.

All that being said, I guess I would still be up to trying, if I found someone I clicked with.

http://effyeahmegwhite.tumblr.com/

82love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

One of my friends met her soon to be husband over Facebook. He asked to be her friend just because they had almost the exact same intrest. Now 2 years later they are going to be married. So I think it can work. But take your time and really get to know the person.

83love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

There is alot to read here so I am just going to post my thoughts. Yes it is Possible (despite my bad spelling! I think it actually endeared me to her...) this is going back from the FIRST time Wizard World shut down. a small group went out and made a new message board just like POP! We started talking online then on the phone and there was a real and deep connection there. this started like 12-13 years ago now. we met in real life while I was in college and she was over fr thanksgiving that year. Since she lived in another country and neather of us had the means to maintain a physical relationship we eventually slpit ways with much sadness and regret. she is now happily married to a great guy, but we still talk and chat online and on the phone and we always do tell the other that we love them when we are saying good bye. I honestly think letting her go was the worst desision of my life. but atleast she is happy

84love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 9:29 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh whoa, no. I wasn't saying anyone's relationship wasn't valid. I thought I stated that. I see my error in trying to state definitions and it coming off as me slighting everyone who has found a connection with someone over the net. Really wasn't my intention or what I was trying to imply.

It doesn't help that others are putting words in place of mine or even going against things I've very clearly stated, by saying what they think "I think" intimacy is. (Fuck you, Wade. Seriously. You always do this.)

I'm just gonna shut up, and eveyone can quote this very sentence with some smug remark, or it can get another stupid pic from Wade. Just trying to state something that is very improbable to do without actually having met with another person. Guess I can't fathom just sharing type with someone and that being good enough.

I was honestly having a conversation, not arguing with anyone. Anyone.

Rolling Eyes

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Butthu12

Fine let's play it your way. A perfectly normal conversation and you turn it personal by attacking people in this manner Real responsible. Oy vey. Rolling Eyes

You know what, go through this thread and find all the things that I said that are so offensive that it would warrant what you just said here. Here's your chance to show everyone how horrible I am. Go ahead and back-up what you said. Not only that, show everyone how much worse what I said was than everyone else. I'll wait. Wait, all I did was ask some questions and stated where I thought you were coming from. I even said you can think what you want. My comments do not warrant your hissy fit. Oy vey again. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty on Fri May 14, 2010 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total

85love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 9:44 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:But that definition isn't complete. It just states platonic as if it soley for non-sexual relationships. And that's not the definition. Course, you got it off the internet. The philosophical term implies spiritual connections, trancending sexuality. And I even said intimacy wasn't "skin-to-skin". You responded to that very thing.

Okay. I think I'm caught up, and this is the only thing I wanted to address. I just want to step in here and clarify. You've confused Platonic Love with the Platonic IDEAL of Love (which is what it came from, really), which is a relationship that has transcended sexuality. In other words, the intimacy comes from spiritual and emotional connection. They're more or less the same thing, only 'platonic' has become a generic term for any non-sexual relationship.

The definition that Knize posted was, in fact, the generally accepted definition as evidenced by looking it up in my 40 year old dictionary.

I'm not trying to be a jackass, as both definitions are completely valid, but only Knize's really applies to the discussion, as we're not discussing Platonic philosophy. I don't think I know anyone who's transcended normal human reaction via a relationship on the internet.

Everyone is saying the same thing, essentially, so we should ALL get over ourselves. It IS the fucking internet, after all. tongue

86love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 6:57 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

Totally possible.....between two honest, sincere people. My best friend met her husband on-line about 10 years ago and this month their celebrating their 6th wedding anniversary. They're both pretty shy and I'm not sure if anything would have happened if they'd met in person before getting to know eachother a bit first....and they are totally made for eachother.

87love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 11:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ But they've met each other. I've never said that people meeting each other over the internet couldn't become romance or intimate in any way. It's a great way to meet people, create relationships of all sorts.

But to be behind a computer screen for the entirety of your "relationship" isn't a partnership, it's partly delusionment. You can share all you'd like, but to actually know someone, you have to be in their life. To be their when they need you most. Like when they're sick, in the hospital, waiting for them to get through what they need to get through to be with one another again. You're not actually there for that person when stuck behind a screen, meaning you're not an actual partner. The feelings of shared likes/dislikes, affection and admiration will only take two people so far. You have to have a life together, which is what a lot people do once they've met prospective partners online. Nothing wrong with that. It's better than blind dates by light-years.

Sorry if that offends, the delusionment statement (in the most reasonably, non demeaning sense), but it isn't real until it's part of your everyday, your life, when you create something more. The easy deception on a person's part, by them simply just leaving things out (Like WW's story), when online chatting with another person...that's what a partnership is, sharing your absolute life. There's no way to achieve that via just chatting. Heck, throw in a webcam, you're still only with that person for short periods of time, through a little window. What if a person you've been chatting with, you've created feelings for, turns out to be a liar, not the person at all that you were talking with for the longest time? Were those feelings real, or would you try to change your thoughts into believing that you didn't actually feel that deeply? Perception is a fickle thing, but logic dictates you can't be in someone's life unless you're in their frickin' life.

On the subject of taking the internet too seriously, some have really taken way too much out of this. To the point of being offended by reason and logic. Look at Wade. Buddha's patience. The guy makes a mission. The internet gets way too serious for me sometimes. Or, better yet, I'm apparently not serious enough for the internet, 'cause, man, it got out of hand last night with this thread...and the PMs, sheez. Immaturity and pettiness to the MAXX. Wink See, even through that, I can still come up with a lame joke. (Oh, and Doug is right on me combining Platonic Idealism with the conceptual love of that subject, which is where it originates, hence my misunderstood stance against the short definition given.)

Again, this isn't me shunning anyone. Sharing thoughts, laughs, and feelings is very real. To form a bond of intimate romanticism through limited means is impossible without validation of life experience.

Whelp, here it goes. [send]

88love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 11:16 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Sandman wrote:There is alot to read here so I am just going to post my thoughts. Yes it is Possible (despite my bad spelling! I think it actually endeared me to her...) this is going back from the FIRST time Wizard World shut down. a small group went out and made a new message board just like POP! We started talking online then on the phone and there was a real and deep connection there. this started like 12-13 years ago now. we met in real life while I was in college and she was over fr thanksgiving that year. Since she lived in another country and neather of us had the means to maintain a physical relationship we eventually slpit ways with much sadness and regret. she is now happily married to a great guy, but we still talk and chat online and on the phone and we always do tell the other that we love them when we are saying good bye. I honestly think letting her go was the worst desision of my life. but atleast she is happy

Can I say that this is one of the sadder things I have read? Part of me wants to say go get her dude, she still says Love!!!!!!!! but I understand what you said, but if this was a movie......

BlueMaxx wrote:^ But they've met each other. I've never said that people meeting each other over the internet couldn't become romance or intimate in any way. It's a great way to meet people, create relationships of all sorts.

But to be behind a computer screen for the entirety of your "relationship" isn't a partnership, it's partly delusionment. You can share all you'd like, but to actually know someone, you have to be in their life. To be their when they need you most. Like when they're sick, in the hospital, waiting for them to get through what they need to get through to be with one another again. You're not actually there for that person when stuck behind a screen, meaning you're not an actual partner. The feelings of shared likes/dislikes, affection and admiration will only take two people so far. You have to have a life together, which is what a lot people do once they've met prospective partners online. Nothing wrong with that. It's better than blind dates by light-years.

Sorry if that offends, the delusionment statement (in the most reasonably, non demeaning sense), but it isn't real until it's part of your everyday, your life, when you create something more. The easy deception on a person's part, by them simply just leaving things out (Like WW's story), when online chatting with another person...that's what a partnership is, sharing your absolute life. There's no way to achieve that via just chatting. Heck, throw in a webcam, you're still only with that person for short periods of time, through a little window. What if a person you've been chatting with, you've created feelings for, turns out to be a liar, not the person at all that you were talking with for the longest time? Were those feelings real, or would you try to change your thoughts into believing that you didn't actually feel that deeply? Perception is a fickle thing, but logic dictates you can't be in someone's life unless you're in their frickin' life.

On the subject of taking the internet too seriously, some have really taken way too much out of this. To the point of being offended by reason and logic. Look at Wade. Buddha's patience. The guy makes a mission. The internet gets way too serious for me sometimes. Or, better yet, I'm apparently not serious enough for the internet, 'cause, man, it got out of hand last night with this thread...and the PMs, sheez. Immaturity and pettiness to the MAXX. Wink See, even through that, I can still come up with a lame joke. (Oh, and Doug is right on me combining Platonic Idealism with the conceptual love of that subject, which is where it originates, hence my misunderstood stance against the short definition given.)

Again, this isn't me shunning anyone. Sharing thoughts, laughs, and feelings is very real. To form a bond of intimate romanticism through limited means is impossible without validation of life experience.

Whelp, here it goes. [send]

okay I am diving head first into this and I am not sure its a good idea.... Blue has a good point, for a person who has never experienced it. I myself have never done it so I can see where he is coming from. However I have known people who have found their soul mates with out ever meeting them, only to meet them and truly be a great pair.

I am not going to dive into the platonic definition argument as it appears Blue realizes he used the wrong definition to describe what he thought. Can you truly have a 100% deep and intimate relationship through the internet/phone/text/letters? I would say probably not. From personal experience I lived (and still do I guess) away from my fiance. I lived 7 hours away from her for a year and this past year I have been only 2 hours away. Do I feel I have missed many opportunities? Yes. But has our relationship grown deeper? Much so. But we have reached a level of intimacy that she can tell by my voice what I am thinking, and I hers. We do the webcam, phone, IM, FB, and everything else. We drive to see each other. I know its different because we didnt meet online, but we had half our relationship through the internet/phones.....

So can you have a perfectly intimate relationship over the internet? I think you can become involved with each other's lives to a great degree, but I think I agree with Blue when he says its not a complete connection till you can share the same breathing space. Being online with each other you can totally share every secret, no everything about a person, see them and chat, have dinner, watch movies, etc.... but there is also a greater connection when meeting and talking in person. I ask everyone on here that when they met there significant other, for the first time in person, was not the feelings you had intensified?

The internet can jump start many deep connected relationships (intimate and not-intimate) and keep the fire burning, but a physical meeting can make the fire burst.........

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

89love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 11:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yay! People on this page are actually reading my posts! big grin

90love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 11:37 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Scenario 1: Two people meet on the internet and hit it off. They talk frequently and have INTIMATE discussion, both via text and via phone. They engage in phone sex. They've never touched skin, but they've certainly been intimate.

Scenario 2: Two people meet at a book store and hit it off. They talk frequently and have INTIMATE discussion, both in person and via phone. They engage in phone sex. They've never touched skin, but they've certainly been intimate.

While some people may prefer face-to-face contact over long distance, to say two people can't become internet without first being in the same room is asinine.

91love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 11:44 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Scenario 1: Two people meet on the internet and hit it off. They talk frequently and have INTIMATE discussion, both via text and via phone. They engage in phone sex. They've never touched skin, but they've certainly been intimate.

Scenario 2: Two people meet at a book store and hit it off. They talk frequently and have INTIMATE discussion, both in person and via phone. They engage in phone sex. They've never touched skin, but they've certainly been intimate.

While some people may prefer face-to-face contact over long distance, to say two people can't become internet without first being in the same room is asinine.

Nicely said. Again, it seems more like the elevation of physical contact beyond anything since intimate relationship does not require physical contact. If one thinks so, fine, but it's obvious that this is not the case for other people.

BlueMaxx wrote:On the subject of taking the internet too seriously, some have really taken way too much out of this. To the point of being offended by reason and logic. Look at Wade. Buddha's patience. The guy makes a mission. The internet gets way too serious for me sometimes. Or, better yet, I'm apparently not serious enough for the internet, 'cause, man, it got out of hand last night with this thread...and the PMs, sheez. Immaturity and pettiness to the MAXX. Wink See, even through that, I can still come up with a lame joke. (Oh, and Doug is right on me combining Platonic Idealism with the conceptual love of that subject, which is where it originates, hence my misunderstood stance against the short definition given.)

Serious enough to go around telling people to fuck themselves for no reason. How nice of you. Rolling Eyes

92love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:07 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ When someone attacks your character to the point of saying your pompous and superficial when it comes to treating others, yes, I find a harsh rebuttal is much needed. [pg.3, post 53, bottom. Amongst some others.]

And I think people are confusing intimate with meaning close in general, and not when pertaining to the combo of romance, compassion, and sexuality/sensuality. Intimate love. Saying, after getting to know someone, that you're in a relationship because you've had phone sex that you're now intimate lovers is hardly a good example. That's asinine. But even then, intimate gets thrown around to just mean fucking now, so who am I to say what is the perception of those who feel they know what the word means. Not a prude, but knowing what you feel with the absence of naivete (seeing the whole picture) helps build a partnership, if that's what you're looking for. Not just fucking friends, or at least trying to build up that relationship, which sex does get involved.

I'm not religious in any sense, so this isn't stemming from any of that, but I feel my views on the concepts are just, going by the concepts and not what they've loosely started meaning. don't know

93love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:10 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Hahaha, I totally meant 'intimate'. Laughing

94love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We gotcha.

95love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:14 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Hahaha, I totally meant 'intimate'. Laughing

There's a dirty joke there. I'm just not sure where. Laughing

BlueMaxx wrote:^ When someone attacks your character to the point of saying your pompous and superficial when it comes to treating others, yes, I find a harsh rebuttal is much needed. [pg.3, post 53, bottom. Amongst some others.]

My post from that page is below. Show me where I was being so horrible. And "amongst some others"? Are you indicating you have more examples from this thread? Then by all means, point them out.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ahaha! Wade getting tagged in. Rolling Eyes Sorry, don't have a textbook in front of me, but short definitions on a website or Wiki isn't usually the way to go. Platonic love's origins have, but are not condemned, a non-sexual partnership. They can evolve into sensuality and sexuality. Friends fuck. Feeling compassion and love doesn't necessarily mean you've constructed a romance. It can feel like it. Trust, loyalty...all that jazz. It can be hard enough when being around the person face-to-face. To say a long distanced relationshiop, especially one where they haven't met can become intimate in the sense I've been giving is pretty far-fetched. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But come on.

This is how pretty much everything you have said in this thread has played out:

"I cannot conceive this possibility therefore it does not and cannot exist".

Yet you have people telling you otherwise. Honestly, you can beleive what you want, but you speak on this as if your authrority supercedes other people on a subject that is quite subjective. It would be understandable if this were more objective, if you had studies, data, experience or expertise but you have not indicated any or given us a reason to consider such beyond "because I said so". Again, think what you want, but one is hard-pressed to agree with you about an experience or lack thereof, when there are people saying the absolute opposite.

And I tag myself in. Fuck the refs. Laughing

BlueMaxx wrote:
Listen. The people on here who have an intimate relationship that started as a relationship over the internet have met each other, yes?!?! *facepalm* They've built something by being in each other's lives.

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Facepa10

Intimacy does not have to be face to face. I'm not sure why one would think that. If you want to, okay, I don't care, but to say one can't indicates that one cannot share all the things that make up a relationship between people. Yes, the physical aspect is lost, but the physical aspect is but one sector of a larger whole that is a relationship. This tends to differe from person to person. I guess it means more to you than it does to some others. Oh well.

96love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:18 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:if you had...experience
love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Failninja

97love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:22 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wade, we seem to be in an argument that I didn't know we were in. Like usual, Wade. I explain things, you poop out of your mouth. I explain things more, you diarhea out of your mouth. I rebuttal to slander, you need bibliographies, work sited, and professor I know for verification of said details. Rolling Eyes Now I get to use the eye roll.

And now I have to prove myself via sex life and feelings to clarify. You guys are too much.

98love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:if you had...experience
love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Failninja

I don't think there's anything there inflammatory. I felt that he was putting forth things as a fact. Silent K felt the same way. I was simply explaining why I did not take his comments as facts.

99love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 12:28 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Wade, we seem to be in an argument that I didn't know we were in. Like usual, Wade. I explain things, you poop out of your mouth. I explain things more, you diarhea out of your mouth. I rebuttal to slander, you need bibliographies, work sited, and professor I know for verification of said details. Rolling Eyes Now I get to use the eye roll.

And now I have to prove myself via sex life and feelings to clarify. You guys are too much.

I simply asked a few questions and explained why I did not buy what you were saying. I was simply having a normal discussion and saw it as a light-hearted exchange, hence the silly joke of me tagging myself in. I assumed you saw it the same way given your reaction to me showing up. Then again, this is what you tend to do, isn't it? If people don't agree with you, you throw labels on them and put them down. And when others don't play along, you throw a fit and insult them. I should be surprised but I'm not. This is you. This is what you do.

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh whoa, no. I wasn't saying anyone's relationship wasn't valid. I thought I stated that. I see my error in trying to state definitions and it coming off as me slighting everyone who has found a connection with someone over the net. Really wasn't my intention or what I was trying to imply.

It doesn't help that others are putting words in place of mine or even going against things I've very clearly stated, by saying what they think "I think" intimacy is. (Fuck you, Wade. Seriously. You always do this.)

I'm just gonna shut up, and eveyone can quote this very sentence with some smug remark, or it can get another stupid pic from Wade. Just trying to state something that is very improbable to do without actually having met with another person. Guess I can't fathom just sharing type with someone and that being good enough.

I was honestly having a conversation, not arguing with anyone. Anyone.

It does amaze me that you would get angry over that, hence my disgust at your inflammatory comment. This is a run of the mill discussion where everyone is calm and you flip out like that? I'd hate to see how react to things in real life arguments. I honestly don't know what to tell you. Quite frankly, I think that's pretty disappointing behavior. This is pretty good evidence of the moderators's benevolence since anywhere else (with rules) would have gotten you rightfully banned.

100love on the internet is it possible? - Page 4 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Sat May 15, 2010 2:06 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I screwed up the quote, from Maxx
But to be behind a computer screen for the entirety of your "relationship" isn't a partnership, it's partly delusionment. You can share all you'd like, but to actually know someone, you have to be in their life. To be their when they need you most. Like when they're sick, in the hospital, waiting for them to get through what they need to get through to be with one another again. You're not actually there for that person when stuck behind a screen, meaning you're not an actual partner. The feelings of shared likes/dislikes, affection and admiration will only take two people so far. You have to have a life together, which is what a lot people do once they've met prospective partners online.

I am going to have to disagree with this. If the two parties in question have spent enough time with each other online, they have information on how to reach relatives. Being there for someone is way beyond being physically in the hospital waiting for them to get better.
Having someone in your thoughts is being there for them, a simple msg to someone that knows them or even a text (they allow phones in hospitals) saying, "You are in my thoughts." is where it counts.

Like I said, I dont think you are ignorant and not insulted. This really is something you have to expiernece to really understand it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum