Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

love on the internet is it possible?

+29
Spazzy
Demonweasel
(._Y_.)
Mnemosis
Bigtymin504
ChrisToPhenom
Joshua
shark6495
CherriesJubilee
superdoug
Sandman
boberthavok
WonderWoman2.0
Captain Painway
goatt
Ska
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
colossus1979
prescribeddrone
Paroxysm
potatojoe
Foxy
Denim
C's Lady
jaydee74
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 9]

51love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Ahaha! Wade getting tagged in. Rolling Eyes Sorry, don't have a textbook in front of me, but short definitions on a website or Wiki isn't usually the way to go. Platonic love's origins have, but are not condemned, a non-sexual partnership. They can evolve into sensuality and sexuality. Friends fuck. Feeling compassion and love doesn't necessarily mean you've constructed a romance. It can feel like it. Trust, loyalty...all that jazz. It can be hard enough when being around the person face-to-face. To say a long distanced relationshiop, especially one where they haven't met can become intimate in the sense I've been giving is pretty far-fetched. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But come on.

Listen. The people on here who have an intimate relationship that started as a relationship over the internet have met each other, yes?!?! *facepalm* They've built something by being in each other's lives.

52love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 12:18 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

BlueMaxx wrote:
Listen. The people on here who have an intimate relationship that started as a relationship over the internet have met each other, yes?!?! *facepalm* They've built something by being in each other's lives.

Facepalm a few more times, maybe it'll jar something loose. What you're failing to realize is, yes, even though most of these couples eventually met, it does NOT mean that what they had prior to meeting was purely platonic and non-intimate.

53love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 12:20 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Ahaha! Wade getting tagged in. Rolling Eyes Sorry, don't have a textbook in front of me, but short definitions on a website or Wiki isn't usually the way to go. Platonic love's origins have, but are not condemned, a non-sexual partnership. They can evolve into sensuality and sexuality. Friends fuck. Feeling compassion and love doesn't necessarily mean you've constructed a romance. It can feel like it. Trust, loyalty...all that jazz. It can be hard enough when being around the person face-to-face. To say a long distanced relationshiop, especially one where they haven't met can become intimate in the sense I've been giving is pretty far-fetched. I'm not trying to be a jerk. But come on.

This is how pretty much everything you have said in this thread has played out:

"I cannot conceive this possibility therefore it does not and cannot exist".

Yet you have people telling you otherwise. Honestly, you can beleive what you want, but you speak on this as if your authrority supercedes other people on a subject that is quite subjective. It would be understandable if this were more objective, if you had studies, data, experience or expertise but you have not indicated any or given us a reason to consider such beyond "because I said so". Again, think what you want, but one is hard-pressed to agree with you about an experience or lack thereof, when there are people saying the absolute opposite.

And I tag myself in. Fuck the refs. Laughing

BlueMaxx wrote:

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Facepa10

Intimacy does not have to be face to face. I'm not sure why one would think that. If you want to, okay, I don't care, but to say one can't indicates that one cannot share all the things that make up a relationship between people. Yes, the physical aspect is lost, but the physical aspect is but one sector of a larger whole that is a relationship. This tends to differe from person to person. I guess it means more to you than it does to some others. Oh well.

54love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx, I think you're an ok guy, but...

Knize is totally right.

McNasty is totally right.

You're offending a whole hell of a lot of people on here who have previously, currently, or hell, might in the future want to find love with someone that they don't want to work with, pick up at a bar, meet at school...

Saying that a relationship isn't valid, that it's only "platonic" until they stare deeply into each other's eyes and see that the love of their life isn't an evil cyborg sent back in time to enslave humanity, is just silly. I have cared a fuckton more about some of the people I've met on the internet than I do to any of the shits I know in real life.

Fuck definitions. It's what's in your mind that matters. That's what makes a girl's panties wet. (And you can totally tell if someone's an evil cyborg by video chat, BTW.)

http://likeitderby.com

55love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:24 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I agree with Painway, I have been burned with an internet relationship, but I learned from it. I am kind of currently involved with someone I hope is really what she says she is, but I am also careful and guarded as well. I spend alot of time with her on Second Life as well as WoW. Do I ever plan on meeting her, who knows? I just take it one day at a time and remain guarded and let her make the movements that bring us closer. She knows of my past and I would hope lighting does not strike twice, but you never know.

All in all, it is the internet, take things slow and don't fall in love, but grow into it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

56love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:29 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Denim wrote:I agree with Painway, I have been burned with an internet relationship, but I learned from it. I am kind of currently involved with someone I hope is really what she says she is, but I am also careful and guarded as well. I spend alot of time with her on Second Life as well as WoW. Do I ever plan on meeting her, who knows? I just take it one day at a time and remain guarded and let her make the movements that bring us closer. She knows of my past and I would hope lighting does not strike twice, but you never know.

All in all, it is the internet, take things slow and don't fall in love, but grow into it.

Are you two talking outside of SL and WOW? If not, you should.

The emboldened line is QFT.

57love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:30 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh whoa, no. I wasn't saying anyone's relationship wasn't valid. I thought I stated that. I see my error in trying to state definitions and it coming off as me slighting everyone who has found a connection with someone over the net. Really wasn't my intention or what I was trying to imply.

It doesn't help that others are putting words in place of mine or even going against things I've very clearly stated, by saying what they think "I think" intimacy is. (Fuck you, Wade. Seriously. You always do this.)

I'm just gonna shut up, and eveyone can quote this very sentence with some smug remark, or it can get another stupid pic from Wade. Just trying to state something that is very improbable to do without actually having met with another person. Guess I can't fathom just sharing type with someone and that being good enough.

I was honestly having a conversation, not arguing with anyone. Anyone.

58love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'd add to this, but painway already said what i was gonna say about wet panties......so....i got nothing....i wouldn't have gotten engaged if i didn't love mrs.c. and by that same token....i fucked up because i was....well....fucked up. i haven't been myself since i got stabbed i'll be the first one to admit, but in all honesty if you get an inch away from being one with the life stream and get up the next day whistling dixie than you way more a hardcore em-effer than me. i'm not making excuses.....i'm just saying....i'm on a path of....really deep searching.....and questioning if i even had connection to mrs. c to begin with is just.....making me all ranty inside. public rage

Last edited by colossus1979 on Fri May 14, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i cursed way too much lol)

59love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:41 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Oh whoa, no. I wasn't saying anyone's relationship wasn't valid. I thought I stated that. I see my error in trying to state definitions and it coming off as me slighting everyone who has found a connection with someone over the net. Really wasn't my intention or what I was trying to imply.

It doesn't help that others are putting words in place of mine or even going against things I've very clearly stated, by saying what they think "I think" intimacy is. (Fuck you, Wade. Seriously. You always do this.)

I'm just gonna shut up, and eveyone can quote this very sentence with some smug remark, or it can get another stupid pic from Wade. Just trying to state something that is very improbable to do without actually having met with another person. Guess I can't fathom just sharing type with someone and that being good enough.

I was honestly having a conversation, not arguing with anyone. Anyone.

and i realize you weren't arguing....you have a different opinion. which is fine. i have no smug remarks for you....or any cool photobucket pics... respect your opinion, i'm just saying...."don't knock it til ya tried it!" Wink

60love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:44 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

It wasn't presented as opinion. It was presented as fact.

61love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:46 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maxx, I know you're just stating your opinion, and I respect that. But... you're making me feel all hurty inside. In my heart place. Crying or Very sad

62love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:50 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Are you two talking outside of SL and WOW? If not, you should.

I would not mind talking outside of SL and WOW, but I am not gonna push it. like I said, take it one day at a time and just see where it goes. I been talking to her for a year now, but there was about 7 months where she dissapeared due to issues that she explained to me.

63love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

in maxx's defence he has the opinion I had years ago abou this....i know where he's coming from. so to an extent, i get his argument. but i can also say that until this friggin tidal wave of bullshit i brought down on us we were in calm waters, it doesn't hurt to think outside the box when it comes to relationships and stuff like that. intamacy at one point with me and mrs. c was just being able to have our phone time....watch a movie...and talk about what we thought was cool about it. she sang to me on the phone....i told dumb comic stories....it was our "getting to know you phase" without the hang up of "oh crap is she not gonna like what i'm wearing?" i'm on the damn phone she can't see me! tongue i wasn't tryingas hard....because frankly if i said something that she didn't like, she could just hang up and never call again. it took pressure off me. and i'm sure it did for her too.

Last edited by colossus1979 on Fri May 14, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

64love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Captain Painway wrote:Maxx, I know you're just stating your opinion, and I respect that. But... you're making me feel all hurty inside. In my heart place. Crying or Very sad

love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Incredible-hulk-this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things-387x500

65love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 1:54 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:Maxx, I know you're just stating your opinion, and I respect that. But... you're making me feel all hurty inside. In my heart place. Crying or Very sad
How so?

Silent K wrote:It wasn't presented as opinion. It was presented as fact.
But those definitions of platonic and intimacy were facts.

66love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 am

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
How so?
Quite frankly, that's none of your fucking goddamn business.

67love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:11 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

and NOW we're getting WAYYYY too deep.

68love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maxx, I shared intimacy with 2 people I have never met in person. Intamcy is one of those words that does have a book definition but also goes beyond the written page. Intamacy involves emotions and emotions are never and will never be defined.

It all comes down to indivduals and what they define it as.

69love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:20 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't want anyone to think that the thoughts and laughs we shared weren't real. Romance is way too deep for just messages/chats, that's all. Guess I'm lame to think that you can't achieve that without meeting that person. I'm not trying to sound condescending. Guess I just don't get it.

70love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:and NOW we're getting WAYYYY too deep.

quick somebody make a farting noise.

71love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fart_sound_board.htm

This'll kill 2 minutes, but then it'll be back.

72love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:I don't want anyone to think that the thoughts and laughs we shared weren't real. Romance is way too deep for just messages/chats, that's all. Guess I'm lame to think that you can't achieve that without meeting that person. I'm not trying to sound condescending. Guess I just don't get it.

see, i swear to god i had this EXACT point when speaking to mrs. c. i swear dude, i was where you are. either way i get i....i'm not mad or anything like that, you've never experienced it so how can you know? it's like saying "cookies and cream ice cream is awesome." but you're lactose intolerant so you've never eaten ice cream. i get your point....i for one can be on both sides of the argument/debate/opinion.

73love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:25 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You are not lame to think that, you just have not expierenced it. There is nothing wrong with that. If I would of seen this thread 3 years ago, I would say the same thing you are saying. It's just something you go through or knowng people that have gone through it.

Romance is beyond the sex, the buying of flowers, the physical touching. There are plenty ways of being romantic and showing someone you care by just being there for that person. Being there for that person regardless of where you are at. A internet connection and typing "hey, how are you today" to someone goes a long way when it is someone you not only have been talking to for a long time in just chat, but someone that has shared their hopes, dreams, nightmares, fears and concerns to you as well.

74love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:30 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'D blow you right now, Juan.

75love on the internet is it possible? - Page 3 Empty Re: love on the internet is it possible? Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol, this topic hits home with me for some reason. I'm a fucking sap.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum