Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

+15
Hannibal king
prescribeddrone
(._Y_.)
MillionDollarGeek
Denim
elijahdprophet
colossus1979
superdoug
Chi-Town Spidey
TENIME_art
rwe1138
jaydee74
Batman25JM
Sandman
Combo Mo
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New DC Universe animated feature coming September 28.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Supermanbatmanapocalypse

After a spaceship splashes down in Gotham City Harbor, Batman and Superman encounter a mysterious Kryptonian with powers as great as those of the Man of Steel. The Kryptonian is soon revealed to be Kara, cousin of Superman, who takes her under his wing to educate her about the ways of Earth.

However, the villainous Darkseid has other plans. Seeing an opportunity to finally defeat Superman, Darkseid abducts and gains control of Kara, utilizing the powerful Kryptonian to do his bidding. It’s up to Batman and Superman to save Kara, but they’ll have to take the fight to Darkseid within his hostile world – where unknown, deadly threats lurk around every corner, including a brainwashed Kryptonian able to match Superman blow-for-blow.

Kevin Conroy: Batman
Tim Daly: Superman
Summer Glau: Supergirl
Ed Asner: Granny Goodness

2Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:11 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

hell yeah!

3Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds cool. Any opportunity to have Kevin Conroy voice Batman is welcomed. And though I like George Newbern more than Tim Daly as Superman, I do like Daly.

Is the cover art for the DVD by Clayton Crain? It looks like his art. I'm not a fan of his, AT ALL, but I do like the looks of the cover.

A Green Arrow short is going to be awesome.

I wonder what the actual animation will look like. I really wish they'd do it in Michael Turner's style.

Apparently Andre Braugher is going to voice Darkseid. I like Braugher fine, but I REALLY REALLY wish that Michael Ironside was voicing him. No one can compare to him as Darkseid. He was perfect.

I also wish that Lex Luthor was in this, if only to hear Clancy Brown do him again.

4Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:16 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Eh. So this is the second Superman/Batman story that they are making into a animated movie? Way to be diverse Warner Brothers. Not that I don't think this is a great story but dammit, I want my Judas Contract animated movie. I kind of wish the powers that be would have a bit more faith in their other characters and make a cool movie based on someone that is not Superman or Batman. What about a Flash movie? A Green Arrow animated movie like Longbow Hunters? I just think that focusing on Batman and Superman all the time while probably is good for business, is limiting to a degree. Having said that, I will be buying this which I guess just proves the point that Batman and Superman are good at selling stuff.

5Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I really want some movies focusing on other characters (mainly Green Arrow, the Teen Titans, Nightwing, Tim Drake, and The Flash), but like you said it makes more business sense to do Superman and Batman. Fans may want other characters used, but the general public isn't aware of a lot of characters. A parent is way more likely to buy a Superman or a Batman movie for their children than a Green Arrow or Doctor Fate movie.

6Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:24 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than I did S/B: Public Enemies.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

7Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than I did S/B: Public Enemies.
See, that's my point because Public Enemies wasn't all that great so they decide to go to that particular well a second time? Really? scratch

8Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:00 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Doing this without Conroy/Daly would be blasphemy.

I was excited to see Asner back as Granny, but disappointed Ironside isn't back doing Darkseid. Boo-urns.

Summer Glau as Kara is fucking awesome.

9Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Sounds cool. Any opportunity to have Kevin Conroy voice Batman is welcomed. And though I like George Newbern more than Tim Daly as Superman, I do like Daly.

I wonder what the actual animation will look like. I really wish they'd do it in Michael Turner's style.

YES and I truely hope so!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

10Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:59 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking at the still on TV Guide's website, it looks to be in much the same style as Public Enemies, although this is one frame, and may not be the whole image:

Supergirl!

11Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:Hopefully I'll enjoy it more than I did S/B: Public Enemies.
See, that's my point because Public Enemies wasn't all that great so they decide to go to that particular well a second time? Really? scratch

Yeah, but just because the first one wasn't great (and I find myself liking it more the more I see it) doesn't mean that this one won't be. I mean Batman and Robin sucked, but Batman Begins was awesome.

superdoug wrote:Looking at the still on TV Guide's website, it looks to be in much the same style as Public Enemies, although this is one frame, and may not be the whole image:

Supergirl!

I don't know, that image kinda looks Turner like to me.

12Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm sure it's going to be great. I really hope it is but I just don't understand why they would go back to that particular well so soon.

13Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:52 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I think the simple answer is that Superman and Batman products sell.

14Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:30 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thank god Conroy and Daily come back to this! It makes perfect sence. I'm so happy!!!!

Looks a little like Turners art!
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  100625supergirl1

15Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:^I think the simple answer is that Superman and Batman products sell.
Oh, without question that is the answer and I guess taking from a pre-made story makes the most amount of sense as well. I guess I want to see DC Animated be more diverse in their content.

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Thank god Conroy and Daily come back to this! It makes perfect sence. I'm so happy!!!!

Looks a little like Turners art!
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  100625supergirl1
A little but not enough in my opinion. His art was one of the best things about this story.

16Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:15 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very True, but the eyebrows, eyes and the bangs on her hair, dead give away. Gotta wait till I see more screen shots/trailer to give the full opinion.

17Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

SuperHeroHype.com wrote:

To save an earthbound Kryptonian, the Man of Steel and the Dark Knight unite once again – this time to battle the powerful forces of Darkseid – in Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, the ninth entry in the popular, ongoing series of DC Universe Animated Original PG-13 Movies coming September 28, 2010 from Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation. The highly anticipated, full-length film will be distributed by Warner Home Video as a Special Edition Blu-Ray™ and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD as well as single disc DVD. The film will also be available On Demand and for Download.

Fan favorites Tim Daly (Private Practice) and Kevin Conroy (China Beach) return to their seminal roles as Superman and Batman, respectively. The celebrity-laden guest cast is headed by Andre Braugher (Men of a Certain Age) as the daunting Darkseid. Sci-Fi heroine Summer Glau (Serenity/Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) provides the voice of Supergirl, and seven-time Emmy Award winner Ed Asner (Up) reprises his Superman: The Animated Series/Justice League role as Granny Goodness.

Based on the DC Comics series/graphic novel “Superman/Batman: Supergirl” by Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner & Peter Steigerwald, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse is produced by animation legend Bruce Timm and directed by Lauren Montgomery (Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths) from a script by Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Tab Murphy (Gorillas in the Mist).

After a spaceship splashes down in Gotham City Harbor, Batman and Superman encounter a mysterious Kryptonian with powers as great as those of the Man of Steel. The Kryptonian is soon revealed to be Kara, cousin of Superman, who takes her under his wing to educate her about the ways of Earth. However, the villainous Darkseid has other plans. Seeing an opportunity to finally defeat Superman, Darkseid abducts and gains control of Kara, utilizing the powerful Kryptonian to do his bidding. It’s up to Batman and Superman to save Kara, but they’ll have to take the fight to Darkseid within his hostile world – where unknown, deadly threats lurk around every corner, including a brainwashed Kryptonian able to match Superman blow-for-blow.

In addition to the feature film, the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Special Edition Blu-Ray™ and 2-Disc Special Edition DVD include the third DC Showcase animated short, Green Arrow. Screenwriter Greg Weisman’s story finds Oliver Queen at the Star City International Airport to pick up his girlfriend, only to be forced into action as Green Arrow to protect the 10-year-old Princess of Vlatava from his old nemesis Merlyn the Magnificent and the League of Assassins. The short features the voices of Neal McDonough (Desperate Housewives) and Malcolm McDowell (Entourage). Bruce Timm is executive producer.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse 2-Disc Special Edition DVD features more than 1 1/2 hours of exciting extra content, including:
• Feature film (est. 75 min)
• DC Showcase: Green Arrow (10 min)
• Sneak Peak at the Next DC Universe Animated Original Movie (10 min)
• Featurette: Supergirl: The Last Daughter of Krypton - A comprehensive look at The Maiden of Might from her introduction in the classic age of comics to her death in the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event to her appearance on Smallville and beyond.
• 2 bonus episodes from animated television series handpicked by Bruce Timm

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Special Edition Blu-Ray™ will include more than 2 1/2 hours of intriguing bonus features, starting with all of the content available on the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD and adding:
• All-New Featurette: The New Gods - This documentary covers Darkseid’s story, particularly in reference to the adaptation of Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. A primer on the wealth of material and stories contained in the New Gods series, along with a deeper understanding of why these characters – and especially Darkseid – are so memorable and important to the DC pantheon.
• All-New Featurette Pods
• Orion - The mightiest warrior on either New Genesis or Apokolips, Orion follows an almost Shakespearean arc culminating in the slaying of his father, Darkseid. This mini-featurette shines a light on this classically tragic character.
Mister Miracle - This mini-featurette focuses on the greatest escape artist the universe has ever known and how he was traded in a peace effort to be raised by Darkseid, the enemy of all New Genesis.
• 2 additional bonus TV series episodes handpicked by Bruce Timm
• Digital copy on disc of the feature film

“Great things happen when powerful entities come together, and the partnership of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation is proud to continue this popular film series by once again uniting the two most popular characters in the DC Universe in a story that truly tests their strength, trust, loyalty, ingenuity and heroism,” said Matt Bierman, Senior Vice President Production, Warner Premiere.

"It is a testament to the larger-than-life nature of Jeph Loeb’s blockbuster storylines that two of the first nine DC Universe movies are based on his work," said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. "Superman/Batman: Apocalypse lets us see Superman and Batman in action side-by-side again, but this time along with Supergirl and one of DC's greatest villains, Darkseid."

“Just as Superman and Batman stand atop the DC canon of characters, so do the respective seminal voices of Tim Daly and Kevin Conroy in the hearts and minds of fans. Superman/Batman: Apocalypse will no doubt please comic-centric and mainstream audiences alike – particularly in the performances of Daly and Conroy opposite dynamic actors like Andre Braugher and Ed Asner, and fanboy favorite Summer Glau,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation & Partner Brands.

DC SUPER HEROES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics

18Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:10 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'l be picking up the special edition dvd, as far as other movies i'd like to see DC do.....the terminal velocity story popped in my head, the entire knightfall all the way to knight's end, our worlds at war, the entire first story arc of the new justice league book, bruce wayne murderer/fugitive. i got plenty.

19Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:18 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:• Featurette: Supergirl: The Last Daughter of Krypton - A comprehensive look at The Maiden of Might from her introduction in the classic age of comics to her death in the “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover event to her appearance on Smallville and beyond.
• 2 bonus episodes from animated television series handpicked by Bruce Timm

Oh, FRABJOUS DAY! These are the two things I'm most looking forward to on the disc! I can only hope that the two episodes are 'Little Girl Lost' and the 'World's Finest' episode with Supergirl and Batgirl.

OH PLEASE!

20Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I'd bet it's just Little Girl Lost since it was a two parter.

21Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

22Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks Awesome! I can definately see Mike's art in there. Wonder if Wonder Woman will be in there...

23Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The art is already worlds ahead of the Public Enemies art, where every male character had the same body from the neck down.

24Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:15 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Taken down for copyright reasons. Fuck. Sad

25Superman/Batman: Apocalypse  Empty Re: Superman/Batman: Apocalypse Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:17 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

taken down before I can see it. Curse you Warner Bros. and your fancy ass make them wait for it policy.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum